|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jakkin calm as he looks in on the hatchlings?
(a) Worm Good and Heart to Heart.
(b) Heart Worm and Heart to Heart.
(c) Blood Warm and Heart to Heart.
(d) Heart Worm and Blood Warm.
2. Who pulls Jakkin into the bond house?
(b) No one.
3. Where did Kkarina work to earn money to buy her freedom?
(a) The baggeries.
(b) The mines.
(c) The numbweed fields.
(d) The privies.
4. Why is Jakkin anxious to be in the place where he wakes?
(a) He knows they will be looking for him.
(b) The dragons are getting restless just before breakfast.
(c) He wants to get a dragon egg before they hatch.
(d) He hates the smell of horses.
5. Why is Likkarn in charge of the daily task lists?
(a) He likes to be in charge.
(b) He can read and write.
(c) He is the most trustworthy bonder.
(d) He is the most trustworthy free man.
6. What does Balakk order the men on the drakk hunt to wear?
(a) An amulet.
(b) A helmet.
(c) Eye protection.
(d) Full leather suits.
7. Who kills Blood Brother?
8. What does Jakkin join before the drakk hunters start out?
(a) A chant.
(b) A dance for success.
(c) A line to receive hazardous pay.
(d) A line to receive a blessing from the priest.
9. About what do the older bonders complain?
(a) Likkarn's demotion.
(b) The dust.
(c) The lack of water.
(d) The poor hatching.
10. Why is Jakkin in danger?
(a) Likkarn has Jakkin cornered.
(b) Slakk is trying to restrain Jakkin.
(c) A female dragon has escaped near Jakkin.
(d) The dragon he is handling is getting out of control.
11. What does Jakkin's mother do after his father dies?
(a) Leave Jakkin with relatives and go to find her family.
(b) Sell them into slavery.
(c) Marry an unsavory man.
(d) Kill herself.
12. What does Jakkin offer to do with Blood Brother?
(a) Take Blood Brother for his daily meal.
(b) Talk to Blood Brother and calm him.
(c) Take Blood Brother for his daily flight.
(d) Take Blood Brother for his bath.
13. Why does Jakkin not want to tell anyone about what he saw?
(a) He isn't sure which creature it was.
(b) He will be teased.
(c) He wants to take care of the problem himself.
(d) He won't be believed.
14. About what is Jakkin teased?
(a) Having mismatched riding gear.
(b) His desire to own a dragon.
(c) A young woman who teases him.
(d) Where he goes late every night.
15. What do Jakkin and the little dragon do while Jakkin is planning?
(b) Banter with each other.
(c) Stand in opposite corners from each other.
(d) Stare at each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jakkin?
2. What shocks Jakkin about the hatchling?
3. What happens when a drakk is killed?
4. How does the hatching go?
5. What is Jakkin chosen to do?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)