|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jakkin chosen to do?
(a) Run back and get reinforcements.
(b) Stand watch at the edge of the forest.
(c) Climb a tree.
(d) Be the one to use the eyeglass.
2. To what is the desolate, ex-prison planet discussed in the Introduction most conducive?
(a) To the raising of dragons.
(b) To mineral mining.
(c) To metals mining.
(d) To diamond mining.
3. Why does Jakkin start crying?
(a) He learns that Sarkkhan killed Likkarn.
(b) He learns he's been in the hospital for a week.
(c) He hurts so bad.
(d) He learns his best friend was killed.
4. To what is Jakkin listening?
(a) The male dragons trumpeting.
(b) The hatchings inside the eggs.
(c) Two slaves fighting.
(d) Two dragons fighting.
5. Who are bonders?
(a) Companies that underwrite a mining expedition.
(b) Indentured slaves.
(c) A group of bounty hunters who go out of the solar system for fugitives.
(d) Men who capture escaped felons and sell them to slavers.
6. How does Jakkin's father die?
(a) Clawed by a dragon.
(b) Sold into slavery for the mines.
(c) It is not mentioned.
(d) Lost at sea.
7. What does Jakkin do in response to the teasing?
(a) Hits the ringleader.
(b) Teases back.
(c) Sits quietly with a smile on his face.
(d) Storms off.
8. Where does Jakkin travel that day?
(a) To another dragon farm.
(b) To the main city on the planet.
(c) Back to his den.
(d) To a place in the desert he has cultivated.
9. Why does Likkarn make the sounds of a young dragon?
(a) Hoping a drakk will attack Jakkin.
(b) To tease the other hunters.
(c) He does not make that sound since it would be dangerous.
(d) To draw the drakks away from where Jakkin is climbing.
10. What does Jakkin eat after getting out of the hospital?
(a) Nothing; he's not to eat for another day or so.
(b) Chicken and greens.
(c) Dragon's blood to help him heal.
(d) Takk and lizard meat.
11. What will happen to any imperfect hatchling?
(a) The senior bondman will kill it.
(b) It will be nursed to see if it will become healthy.
(c) It will be taken for food for the bonders.
(d) The female dragon will kill it.
12. About what is Jakkin teased?
(a) His desire to own a dragon.
(b) Where he goes late every night.
(c) A young woman who teases him.
(d) Having mismatched riding gear.
13. What words do good trainers use when addressing dragons?
(a) They have no special words when talking to the dragons.
(b) Dragon language.
(c) Thou and thee.
(d) Pretty and Handsome.
14. How does the hatching go?
(a) Only half the eggs produce live babies.
(c) The eggs have not yet hatched.
(d) Three eggs do not hatch.
15. What cools Blood Brother's temper?
(a) Jakkin's questions.
(b) The cold weather.
(c) The cool mud.
(d) The hot sun which Blood Brother loves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jakkin see as he leaves the bondhouse?
2. Who pulls Jakkin into the bond house?
3. How many hatchlings does Heat O' Mine have?
4. Of whom does Jakkin think who bleeds to death in the desert?
5. Why is Likkarn concerned as the hunters return to the bond houses?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)