|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Brekke say Wirenth will rise?
2. What happens when Kylara hears Brekke and F'nor?
3. What does Robinton think will convince others of the dragon riders wanting to get rid of thread?
4. Why won't Canth go between with F'nor?
5. Why did the ancients warn to "watch for the grubs?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brekke say when F'nor asks her about Wirenth's rising and what does he suggest?
2. What are some of the consequences of Jaxom impressing Ruth and what does Jaxom say in his defense?
3. What has F'lar done with the grubs F'nor brought back from Southern?
4. What does F'nor think of the Holders' attitude towards dragon riders?
5. What is Jaxom thinking and feeling before going to the hatching?
6. What does Brekke do first after T'kul departs for Southern?
7. What concerns Robinton when dragons arrive to take him to the wedding at Telgar?
8. What do Canth and F'nor find at the Red star?
9. What does Canth tell F'nor is troubling Lessa?
10. What happens when the queen egg hatches?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Kylara recalls her mother being used sexually and cast aside by Lord Telgar and reflects on being saved from such a fate by a Search and being matched with Prideth. They love one another completely.
1. Why do you think the relationship between Prideth and Kylara is so important to Kylara in view of her childhood?
2. Discuss the ways in which you think Kylara's personality was formed by what happened to her mother and her.
3. Do you think someone can change themselves if she/he has been affected badly as a child? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
F'nor wonders how Holders can claim "weyrfolk are aloof, patronizing, condescending, and arrogant while being filled with envy for their dragons, possessions, and women."
1. Do you think the dragon riders have too much power and wealth? Why or why not?
2. Would you rather be a dragon rider or a craftsperson? Why or why not?
3. How does the classes in this society compare to the ones in modern America?
Essay Topic 3
The society in Dragonquest appears medieval and lacking in most technologies.
1. Name ten technologies you think might be lacking in a medieval setting.
2. How do you see the arrangement of government and living as being medieval from the glimpses of them in the first chapter?
3. What parts of the Pern society do you think a medieval person from earth might recognize?
This section contains 1,092 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)