|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does F'lar think every hold and craft will have the day after the wedding?
2. What emergency disrupts the wedding at Telgar?
3. What happens when the queen hatchling moves towards Brekke?
4. What does F'nor regret when talking to F'lar when they are thinking about options?
5. For what does Robinton think Merson will use fire lizards?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Masterfarmer Andemon react to the grubs and what do they decide?
2. What does Brekke do when F'nor kisses her?
3. How do Brekke and Wirenth start Wirenth's rising?
4. What does Canth tell F'nor is troubling Lessa?
5. What happens to the little egg Jaxom touched and what does Felessan tell Jaxom?
6. What scares Jaxom when flying to Benden?
7. What do Canth and F'nor find at the Red star?
8. What does T'ron do at the wedding and what is F'lar's response?
9. What happens when the queen egg hatches?
10. What is Robinton concentrating on after the tragedy with Brekke?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Conclave of Lord Holders must ratify the marriage since their progeny may Hold Telgar or Lemos.
1. Why do you think it would matter to the Lord Holders who a Lord marries? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. What would you do if you had to get a group of people to approve marrying someone?
3. Do you think this type of system for Lord Holders to marry perpetuates the class system? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
They must bring the Oldtimers forward and not get bogged down in small issues. They must reconcile old and new and use the current crisis to their advantage.
1. This statement seems to be saying that Pern cannot survive unless they set aside differences and work together. Do you think this is a true statement? Why or why not? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. How do you think this type of sentiment might apply to America today? Use examples from current news to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Kylara recalls her mother being used sexually and cast aside by Lord Telgar and reflects on being saved from such a fate by a Search and being matched with Prideth. They love one another completely.
1. Why do you think the relationship between Prideth and Kylara is so important to Kylara in view of her childhood?
2. Discuss the ways in which you think Kylara's personality was formed by what happened to her mother and her.
3. Do you think someone can change themselves if she/he has been affected badly as a child? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,304 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)