|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when a big storm hits Lallybroch?
2. A year before her return to Lallybroch, Claire had told everybody to plant:
3. As English soldiers make their way up to the building where Claire and others are hiding, what does Jamie tell her and those who are with her?
4. As Jamie prepares for another battle against the English, he tells Claire to find sanctuary in a nearby building, which happens to be what?
5. To save Jamie's men from being led to slaughter, what does Claire propose?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe a few differences between Jonathan and his brother Alex.
2. In Part 6, Chapter 45, what is Jack feeling towards all of the Randalls?
3. Do Roger and Brianna believe Claire's story when she finishes telling her account?
4. How does Claire feel about going back to the future?
5. Claire knows where and when the grandfather will die. Why is she conflicted over this information?
6. Before Jamie goes to Stirling, what two key pieces of information does Claire share with him about Geillis Duncan?
7. Why does Claire tend to Alex?
8. What do the clansmen do when Rupert is fatally wounded?
9. How does Claire feel about going with the English troops?
10. Why is Jamie upset upon reading a surprise letter from his Uncle Jared?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how the relationship between Claire and her daughter, Brianna, changes from the beginning of the story to the end. Do you feel Claire is satisfied with the transformation? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In his work as a translator and spy, Jamie is often in risky situations and his life is, at times, in danger.
Part 1) Briefly describe the nature of Jamie's secret work.
Part 2) Why is he doing this?
Part 3) Supporting your answer with a couple of examples from the book, explain how Jamie is involved in risky situations.
Essay Topic 3
When Claire and Jamie are done in France, they return to their Scottish village, Lallybroch, where they live and work with Jenny and Ian.
Part 1) Compare and contrast the life Claire and Jamie had in France with the life they lead in Scotland.
Part 2) Where do you feel the characters are happier? more useful? fit in better? Explain why.
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)