|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Claire go after she breaks into the Institute for the Study of Highland Folklore and Antiquities?
(a) To dinner.
(b) To the post office.
(c) To the cemetery.
(d) To find the priest.
2. While the English detain her for information, Claire is taken to a house where who else is staying?
3. Shortly after her arrival at Lallybroch, Claire receives word from Louise about:
(a) Raymond's imprisonment.
(b) Hildegarde's illness.
(c) The death of her aunt, Marie.
(d) The birth of her son, Henri.
4. As Jamie prepares for another battle against the English, he tells Claire to find sanctuary in a nearby building, which happens to be what?
(a) A church.
(b) A school.
(c) A castle.
(d) A barn.
5. Before the two say farewell to each other for the last time, Claire is startled when Jamie tells her:
(a) To save his men, he must leave her behind.
(b) He's deserting his men.
(c) He knows she's pregnant again.
(d) He's in love with Mary.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jamie and Fergus are running a fever, what does Claire rub on them?
2. What ailment does Claire tell Jamie's grandfather that he has?
3. What other condition does Alex have?
4. While Claire is in Edinburgh, who asks her to come along on visits to see Alex?
5. How does Claire get money for blankets?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 6, Chapter 45, what is Jack feeling towards all of the Randalls?
2. After Dougal dies by Jamie's blade, what does Jamie realize regarding Claire?
3. What do the clansmen do when Rupert is fatally wounded?
4. What is the mood at Lallybroch surrounding the potato planting and harvesting?
5. When Jamie and Claire arrive at Beaufort Castle, how does his grandfather greet them?
6. When the battle is about to start, Jamie is restless and it seems no one can soothe him. Who, finally, brings him comfort?
7. Why is Jamie upset upon reading a surprise letter from his Uncle Jared?
8. Why does Colum MacKenzie ask Claire if she has anything he can use to kill himself?
9. What piece of information does Roger give to Claire about Jamie?
10. What series of events brings Jamie to share with Ian the whole story of the torture he went through at the hands of Jack Randall?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)