|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To save Jamie's men from being led to slaughter, what does Claire propose?
(a) Arresting Charles.
(b) Lying to them.
(c) Sending them in the opposite direction.
(d) Killing Charles.
2. When Claire and Jamie arrive at Culloden House, what does Alec reveal?
(a) They're starving and had to eat the horses.
(b) Their house has been ransacked.
(c) Their horses have been stolen.
(d) He's lost his wife.
3. Why does Claire visit Alex on a daily basis?
(a) To bring him food.
(b) To give him medicine.
(c) She's trying to get information from him.
(d) She's lonely and seeks his company.
4. What was Jamie always taught about being left-handed when he was younger?
(a) It's a bad thing.
(b) He's blessed.
(c) It's a sign of great intelligence.
(d) It's normal.
5. How does Claire get money for blankets?
(a) She assists at the local hospital.
(b) She is paid for running errands.
(c) She pawns her pearl necklace.
(d) She steals from Charles' servant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Claire mentions to Roger the possibility that Geillis could be:
2. Where does Claire go after she breaks into the Institute for the Study of Highland Folklore and Antiquities?
3. Jack Randall offers Claire information on the upcoming battle in exchange for what?
4. As the Battle of Prestonpans begins, where does Claire set up a triage for the wounded?
5. As Jamie prepares for another battle against the English, he tells Claire to find sanctuary in a nearby building, which happens to be what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do Roger and Brianna believe Claire's story when she finishes telling her account?
2. Why is Jamie upset upon reading a surprise letter from his Uncle Jared?
3. What do the clansmen do when Rupert is fatally wounded?
4. As they discuss battle details, why does Jamie get angry with his grandfather?
5. Claire knows where and when the grandfather will die. Why is she conflicted over this information?
6. Claire is taking care of Fergus and Jamie, both of whom are feverish, when there's a knock on the door and she finds Jonathan Randall standing there. How does she handle his request?
7. In Part 6, Chapter 45, what is Jack feeling towards all of the Randalls?
8. If Geillis Duncan fails to go through the standing stones, what might be the outcome for Roger?
9. When Jamie and Claire leave his grandfather's residence and meet up again with Ian, what disturbing fact do they realize?
10. What is Alex's final request of Jamie and Claire?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)