|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Claire breaks into the Institute, what does she take?
(a) Artifacts from the battle she'd been in.
(b) Geillis' notebook.
(c) The king's ancient seal.
(d) Roger's great-grandfather's diary.
2. When Claire and Roger talk to Dr. McEwan, where do they claim they're from?
(a) Cambridge Division of the Paranormal.
(b) Glasgow University Library.
(c) Department of Antiquities at Oxford.
(d) University of Edinburgh.
3. How many troops are marching to Stirling Castle?
(a) Eight thousand.
(b) Five hundred.
(c) Two thousand
(d) A hundred.
4. Ordinarily, what are the residents of Lallybroch used to eating?
(a) Barley and grains.
(b) Fish eggs.
(c) Pickled beets.
(d) Wilted leaves.
5. With several people already gathered around Alex, who is now close to death, who is the last visitor to arrive?
(a) Jack Randall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon telling Alex he doesn't have long to live, Claire feels:
2. When Claire asks Alex if she can share the state of his health with Randall, he says:
3. Right before they part ways forever, where does Jamie lead Claire to in order to keep her safe?
4. How does Mary feel about having to wed Jack Randall?
5. Shortly after her arrival at Lallybroch, Claire receives word from Louise about:
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 6, Chapter 45, what is Jack feeling towards all of the Randalls?
2. What series of events brings Jamie to share with Ian the whole story of the torture he went through at the hands of Jack Randall?
3. Describe how Jamie regards and treats his men.
4. What is Alex's final request of Jamie and Claire?
5. What is the mood at Lallybroch surrounding the potato planting and harvesting?
6. When they head for battle, how do Jamie's warriors take the fact that a young man among them is full of lice?
7. When the battle is about to start, Jamie is restless and it seems no one can soothe him. Who, finally, brings him comfort?
8. When Jamie and Claire leave his grandfather's residence and meet up again with Ian, what disturbing fact do they realize?
9. After Dougal dies by Jamie's blade, what does Jamie realize regarding Claire?
10. Do Roger and Brianna believe Claire's story when she finishes telling her account?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)