|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jamie's grandfather say is keeping him up at night?
(a) A constant ache in his chest.
(b) Noises in the house.
(c) Feeling as though he needs to urinate.
(d) His battle fears.
2. At the ball in honor of Charles, what does Dougal announce?
(a) They are all in grave danger.
(b) The enemy is planning a sneak attack.
(c) His brother Colum is dead.
(d) Colum is very ill.
3. Where does Claire go after she breaks into the Institute for the Study of Highland Folklore and Antiquities?
(a) To dinner.
(b) To the cemetery.
(c) To the post office.
(d) To find the priest.
4. What diagnosis does Claire give Alex?
5. Why does Jenny want Ian to go to battle?
(a) To clear his name.
(b) To get him out of the house.
(c) It's a matter of honor.
(d) So he'll feel useful.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jamie get information from the English boy?
2. What was Jamie always taught about being left-handed when he was younger?
3. What does Brianna do after Roger blacks out at the standing stones?
4. Why is Claire going to battle?
5. After Claire finishes telling Brianna the truth about her father, what does Roger share with Claire?
Short Essay Questions
1. When they head for battle, how do Jamie's warriors take the fact that a young man among them is full of lice?
2. Claire knows where and when the grandfather will die. Why is she conflicted over this information?
3. How does Claire feel about going back to the future?
4. Why is Jamie upset upon reading a surprise letter from his Uncle Jared?
5. When Jamie and Claire leave his grandfather's residence and meet up again with Ian, what disturbing fact do they realize?
6. What do the clansmen do when Rupert is fatally wounded?
7. Describe how Jamie regards and treats his men.
8. What is the mood at Lallybroch surrounding the potato planting and harvesting?
9. What series of events brings Jamie to share with Ian the whole story of the torture he went through at the hands of Jack Randall?
10. If Geillis Duncan fails to go through the standing stones, what might be the outcome for Roger?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)