|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jamie say that shocks his grandfather?
(a) Jamie isn't really his grandson.
(b) Claire has healing powers.
(c) Jamie is unhappy about how his father was treated.
(d) Claire is a white lady.
2. Why does Jenny want Ian to go to battle?
(a) It's a matter of honor.
(b) To clear his name.
(c) To get him out of the house.
(d) So he'll feel useful.
3. When Claire asks Alex if she can share the state of his health with Randall, he says:
(b) Not yet.
(c) Don't bother him with nonsense.
(d) Of course.
4. While Claire is in Edinburgh, who asks her to come along on visits to see Alex?
5. Who does Claire run into in the study at Beaufort Castle?
(a) The head servant.
(b) Jamie's lecherous half-brother.
(c) The seer.
(d) The cook.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Claire going to battle?
2. What is Jamie's nickname during the battles between the Scots and the English?
3. Where does Claire go after she breaks into the Institute for the Study of Highland Folklore and Antiquities?
4. Back in the 1900s, Claire is sharing her story with Brianna and:
5. When Jamie and the men battling alongside him sneak into the English camp, what do they do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What piece of information does Roger give to Claire about Jamie?
2. Describe how Jamie regards and treats his men.
3. What is the mood at Lallybroch surrounding the potato planting and harvesting?
4. In Part 6, Chapter 45, what is Jack feeling towards all of the Randalls?
5. When Jamie and Claire leave his grandfather's residence and meet up again with Ian, what disturbing fact do they realize?
6. When Claire is taken by the English to the house where Mary is staying, why does Claire tell her to be quiet?
7. What do the clansmen do when Rupert is fatally wounded?
8. If Geillis Duncan fails to go through the standing stones, what might be the outcome for Roger?
9. Before Jamie goes to Stirling, what two key pieces of information does Claire share with him about Geillis Duncan?
10. When Jamie and Claire arrive at Beaufort Castle, how does his grandfather greet them?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)