|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jenny want Ian to go to battle?
(a) To clear his name.
(b) So he'll feel useful.
(c) It's a matter of honor.
(d) To get him out of the house.
2. Where does Claire go after she breaks into the Institute for the Study of Highland Folklore and Antiquities?
(a) To the post office.
(b) To find the priest.
(c) To dinner.
(d) To the cemetery.
3. When Claire breaks into the Institute, what does she take?
(a) The king's ancient seal.
(b) Geillis' notebook.
(c) Roger's great-grandfather's diary.
(d) Artifacts from the battle she'd been in.
4. While Claire is in Edinburgh, who asks her to come along on visits to see Alex?
5. Who does Claire run into in the study at Beaufort Castle?
(a) The seer.
(b) The cook.
(c) The head servant.
(d) Jamie's lecherous half-brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Claire and Roger are done with their visit to the Institute for the Study of Highland Folklore and Antiquities, what does Claire ask Roger to do?
2. In Chapter 43, where does Jamie lead his men?
3. After Jamie and Claire leave Beauly, Lord Lovat sends word that he will what?
4. After telling Roger about the vaccination scar on Geillis' arm, what does Claire state that she believes about Geillis?
5. What happens when a big storm hits Lallybroch?
Short Essay Questions
1. Earlier in the book, Murtagh swears he will avenge the rape of Mary and attempted rape of Claire. In Chapter 44, how does he accomplish this?
2. In Part 6, Chapter 45, what is Jack feeling towards all of the Randalls?
3. What piece of information does Roger give to Claire about Jamie?
4. As they discuss battle details, why does Jamie get angry with his grandfather?
5. Claire is taking care of Fergus and Jamie, both of whom are feverish, when there's a knock on the door and she finds Jonathan Randall standing there. How does she handle his request?
6. Mary Rabbie's son suffers from epileptic seizures. How does Claire end up helping Mary and her son?
7. Do Roger and Brianna believe Claire's story when she finishes telling her account?
8. When they head for battle, how do Jamie's warriors take the fact that a young man among them is full of lice?
9. What convinces Claire that she and Roger are after the right person in their search for Geillis?
10. How does Claire hope to help Geillis, whom she believes to be here now in the present?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)