|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Claire run into in the study at Beaufort Castle?
(a) The head servant.
(b) Jamie's lecherous half-brother.
(c) The seer.
(d) The cook.
2. What does Claire ask after being questioned by Colonel Gordon MacLeish Campbell?
(a) To be allowed to leave.
(b) For food and water.
(c) To be taken to the local hospital.
(d) For protection.
3. While Claire is in Edinburgh, who asks her to come along on visits to see Alex?
4. What does Jamie say that shocks his grandfather?
(a) Jamie isn't really his grandson.
(b) Claire has healing powers.
(c) Jamie is unhappy about how his father was treated.
(d) Claire is a white lady.
5. When Claire breaks into the Institute, what does she take?
(a) Artifacts from the battle she'd been in.
(b) Roger's great-grandfather's diary.
(c) Geillis' notebook.
(d) The king's ancient seal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jamie's grandfather say is keeping him up at night?
2. After Claire finishes telling Brianna the truth about her father, what does Roger share with Claire?
3. When Jamie rushes to the aid of his warriors, why does Claire stay in Edinburgh?
4. Why did Jamie attack Ian while they spent the night at a cottage on their trip back home with supplies for their wives?
5. With several people already gathered around Alex, who is now close to death, who is the last visitor to arrive?
Short Essay Questions
1. As they discuss battle details, why does Jamie get angry with his grandfather?
2. How does Claire hope to help Geillis, whom she believes to be here now in the present?
3. Why does Claire tend to Alex?
4. What is the mood at Lallybroch surrounding the potato planting and harvesting?
5. Describe how Jamie regards and treats his men.
6. If Geillis Duncan fails to go through the standing stones, what might be the outcome for Roger?
7. Before Jamie goes to Stirling, what two key pieces of information does Claire share with him about Geillis Duncan?
8. Mary Rabbie's son suffers from epileptic seizures. How does Claire end up helping Mary and her son?
9. How does Claire feel about going with the English troops?
10. When Claire is taken by the English to the house where Mary is staying, why does Claire tell her to be quiet?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)