|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jamie try to persuade his grandfather to do with regards to the battle he and his men are fighting?
(a) Supply horses for his men.
(b) Offer his men shelter.
(c) Join the battle with Charles.
(d) Feed his group.
2. When Roger brings a bottle of whiskey to Mr. Edgars' house, what does he learn from Mr. Edgars?
(a) He's afraid to walk near the cemetery.
(b) His wife hasn't been home in a while.
(c) He's been out of a job for more than a year.
(d) He hasn't seen his children in five years.
3. What does Claire ask after being questioned by Colonel Gordon MacLeish Campbell?
(a) For protection.
(b) To be allowed to leave.
(c) For food and water.
(d) To be taken to the local hospital.
4. When Claire and Roger talk to Dr. McEwan, where do they claim they're from?
(a) Cambridge Division of the Paranormal.
(b) Department of Antiquities at Oxford.
(c) Glasgow University Library.
(d) University of Edinburgh.
5. Upon telling Alex he doesn't have long to live, Claire feels:
Short Answer Questions
1. Concerned that his men are being led to slaughter, Jamie:
2. What is Jamie's nickname during the battles between the Scots and the English?
3. When Jamie and the men battling alongside him sneak into the English camp, what do they do?
4. When Jamie rushes to the aid of his warriors, why does Claire stay in Edinburgh?
5. As the Battle of Prestonpans begins, where does Claire set up a triage for the wounded?
Short Essay Questions
1. Before Jamie goes to Stirling, what two key pieces of information does Claire share with him about Geillis Duncan?
2. Claire knows where and when the grandfather will die. Why is she conflicted over this information?
3. What is Alex's final request of Jamie and Claire?
4. Describe how Jamie regards and treats his men.
5. What do the clansmen do when Rupert is fatally wounded?
6. When Claire is taken by the English to the house where Mary is staying, why does Claire tell her to be quiet?
7. Why does Colum MacKenzie ask Claire if she has anything he can use to kill himself?
8. When Jamie and Claire leave his grandfather's residence and meet up again with Ian, what disturbing fact do they realize?
9. When the battle is about to start, Jamie is restless and it seems no one can soothe him. Who, finally, brings him comfort?
10. When they head for battle, how do Jamie's warriors take the fact that a young man among them is full of lice?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)