|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After telling Roger about the vaccination scar on Geillis' arm, what does Claire state that she believes about Geillis?
(a) She'd been betrayed by her lover.
(b) She really was a witch.
(c) That she's there now.
(d) That Geillis had a twin.
2. As English soldiers make their way up to the building where Claire and others are hiding, what does Jamie tell her and those who are with her?
(a) To hide in the thicket.
(b) To be quiet.
(c) To run quickly.
(d) To prepare for a bloody battle.
3. When Claire asks Alex if she can share the state of his health with Randall, he says:
(b) Don't bother him with nonsense.
(c) Of course.
(d) Not yet.
4. Concerned that his men are being led to slaughter, Jamie:
(a) Orders them to halt.
(b) Creates a disturbance.
(c) Faints under intense pressure.
(d) Feels helpless.
5. What does Claire continue to bring Alex as his health declines rapidly?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Claire and Roger visit the Institute for the Study of Highland Folklore and Antiques?
2. When Roger brings a bottle of whiskey to Mr. Edgars' house, what does he learn from Mr. Edgars?
3. As he prepares to meet his grandfather for the first time ever, what does Jamie reveal to Claire about his father?
4. Why is Claire going to battle?
5. Who does Claire run into in the study at Beaufort Castle?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Claire is taken by the English to the house where Mary is staying, why does Claire tell her to be quiet?
2. When they head for battle, how do Jamie's warriors take the fact that a young man among them is full of lice?
3. What is Alex's final request of Jamie and Claire?
4. In Part 6, Chapter 45, what is Jack feeling towards all of the Randalls?
5. Before Jamie goes to Stirling, what two key pieces of information does Claire share with him about Geillis Duncan?
6. Why does Claire tend to Alex?
7. What series of events brings Jamie to share with Ian the whole story of the torture he went through at the hands of Jack Randall?
8. Claire is taking care of Fergus and Jamie, both of whom are feverish, when there's a knock on the door and she finds Jonathan Randall standing there. How does she handle his request?
9. What convinces Claire that she and Roger are after the right person in their search for Geillis?
10. How does Claire feel about going back to the future?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)