|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the English "rescue" Claire, what does Colonel Gordon MacLeish Campbell ask her about?
(b) Enemy battle plans.
(c) Herbal remedies.
(d) Red Jamie.
2. What does Uncle Jared say in his letter to Jamie?
(a) Charles Stuart's mistress has been kidnapped.
(b) Charles Stuart is set to claim the throne of three kingdoms.
(c) A son has been born to Charles Stuart.
(d) Charles Stuart has been imprisoned.
3. Why is Claire going to battle?
(a) She's afraid to be left behind.
(b) It is customary for a childless wife to accompany her husband in battle.
(c) Every person in Lallybroch is needed to fight.
(d) She'll be needed to heal the wounded.
4. When Jamie and Fergus are running a fever, what does Claire rub on them?
(a) Goose grease.
(b) Thistle seed paste.
(c) Heather ointment.
(d) Fish oil.
5. With English troops surrounding the building where Claire and others are hiding, what plan does Jamie devise?
(a) To get Murtagh to cause a distraction.
(b) To pretend that Claire is their English woman hostage.
(c) To have Claire sneak away so she can deliver a message.
(d) To climb to higher ground and attack from above.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before the two say farewell to each other for the last time, Claire is startled when Jamie tells her:
2. Jack Randall offers Claire information on the upcoming battle in exchange for what?
3. At the end of the book, what does Brianna come to realize regarding her mother's tale?
4. At the end of the story, how is Claire trying to save Geillis?
5. In Chapter 42, what does Jamie learn has happened to his men?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)