|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jamie's grandfather say is keeping him up at night?
(a) A constant ache in his chest.
(b) Noises in the house.
(c) Feeling as though he needs to urinate.
(d) His battle fears.
2. When Claire asks Alex if she can share the state of his health with Randall, he says:
(a) Of course.
(c) Not yet.
(d) Don't bother him with nonsense.
3. At Claire's direction, all of Lallybroch is planting a new crop. Since Ian has never planted this crop before, how does he learn?
(a) He asks Claire how to do it.
(b) He has the oldest famer in town teach him.
(c) He asks Jamie for help.
(d) He buys a book from Ireland that tells him how.
4. At the start of the book's final chapter, where do Claire, Roger, and Brianna set off to in the night?
(d) Standing stones.
5. When Claire breaks into the Institute, what does she take?
(a) Artifacts from the battle she'd been in.
(b) Geillis' notebook.
(c) The king's ancient seal.
(d) Roger's great-grandfather's diary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Even though she is going to marry another man, whose child is Mary carrying?
2. Why is Claire going to battle?
3. What does Ian think about going to battle?
4. When Roger brings a bottle of whiskey to Mr. Edgars' house, what does he learn from Mr. Edgars?
5. When Jamie and Fergus are running a fever, what does Claire rub on them?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Claire feel about going back to the future?
2. If Geillis Duncan fails to go through the standing stones, what might be the outcome for Roger?
3. In Part 6, Chapter 45, what is Jack feeling towards all of the Randalls?
4. What is the mood at Lallybroch surrounding the potato planting and harvesting?
5. Earlier in the book, Murtagh swears he will avenge the rape of Mary and attempted rape of Claire. In Chapter 44, how does he accomplish this?
6. How does Claire hope to help Geillis, whom she believes to be here now in the present?
7. Why is Jamie upset upon reading a surprise letter from his Uncle Jared?
8. How does Claire feel about going with the English troops?
9. When the battle is about to start, Jamie is restless and it seems no one can soothe him. Who, finally, brings him comfort?
10. Why does Colum MacKenzie ask Claire if she has anything he can use to kill himself?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)