|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Claire is in Edinburgh, who asks her to come along on visits to see Alex?
2. Before the two say farewell to each other for the last time, Claire is startled when Jamie tells her:
(a) He's in love with Mary.
(b) He's deserting his men.
(c) He knows she's pregnant again.
(d) To save his men, he must leave her behind.
3. What does Jamie say that shocks his grandfather?
(a) Claire has healing powers.
(b) Jamie is unhappy about how his father was treated.
(c) Claire is a white lady.
(d) Jamie isn't really his grandson.
4. At the start of the book's final chapter, where do Claire, Roger, and Brianna set off to in the night?
(b) Standing stones.
5. When Claire, Brianna, and Roger are together at the standing stones, from what does Roger black out?
(a) Flames of the fire and smell of burning flesh.
(b) From being punched in the face by Geillis' husband.
(c) The flood of painful memories.
(d) Lack of sleep and utter exhaustion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Even though she is going to marry another man, whose child is Mary carrying?
2. What does Clair give Alex for his conditions?
3. Why did Jamie attack Ian while they spent the night at a cottage on their trip back home with supplies for their wives?
4. When Claire hides inside a building with Dougal, Rupert, Willie, and others, who is hurt badly?
5. Why does Claire go to Mr. Haugh's shop?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the mood at Lallybroch surrounding the potato planting and harvesting?
2. When Jamie and Claire arrive at Beaufort Castle, how does his grandfather greet them?
3. Earlier in the book, Murtagh swears he will avenge the rape of Mary and attempted rape of Claire. In Chapter 44, how does he accomplish this?
4. Do Roger and Brianna believe Claire's story when she finishes telling her account?
5. When Claire is taken by the English to the house where Mary is staying, why does Claire tell her to be quiet?
6. How does Claire hope to help Geillis, whom she believes to be here now in the present?
7. What piece of information does Roger give to Claire about Jamie?
8. When Jamie and Claire leave his grandfather's residence and meet up again with Ian, what disturbing fact do they realize?
9. After Dougal dies by Jamie's blade, what does Jamie realize regarding Claire?
10. Mary Rabbie's son suffers from epileptic seizures. How does Claire end up helping Mary and her son?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)