|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Jamie gets ready for battle and Claire finds sanctuary in a nearby building with Dougal, Rupert, Willie, and others, how many Englishmen does Jamie tell them are coming up the hill?
2. Why does Claire visit Alex on a daily basis?
(a) To give him medicine.
(b) She's lonely and seeks his company.
(c) She's trying to get information from him.
(d) To bring him food.
3. A year before her return to Lallybroch, Claire had told everybody to plant:
4. When Jamie and Fergus are running a fever, what does Claire rub on them?
(a) Heather ointment.
(b) Fish oil.
(c) Thistle seed paste.
(d) Goose grease.
5. Why does Claire go to Mr. Haugh's shop?
(a) For food for the next battle.
(b) To purchase ammunition.
(c) To replenish her medical supplies.
(d) To get herself a warm coat.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 45, who does Mary keep visiting?
2. What does Claire ask after being questioned by Colonel Gordon MacLeish Campbell?
3. After the English "rescue" Claire, what does Colonel Gordon MacLeish Campbell ask her about?
4. What diagnosis does Claire give Alex?
5. Where does Claire go after she breaks into the Institute for the Study of Highland Folklore and Antiquities?
Short Essay Questions
1. What piece of information does Roger give to Claire about Jamie?
2. Describe the outcome of Claire's attempts to save Geillis.
3. Do Roger and Brianna believe Claire's story when she finishes telling her account?
4. Mary Rabbie's son suffers from epileptic seizures. How does Claire end up helping Mary and her son?
5. Earlier in the book, Murtagh swears he will avenge the rape of Mary and attempted rape of Claire. In Chapter 44, how does he accomplish this?
6. What is Alex's final request of Jamie and Claire?
7. When Jamie and Claire leave his grandfather's residence and meet up again with Ian, what disturbing fact do they realize?
8. What convinces Claire that she and Roger are after the right person in their search for Geillis?
9. Why is Jamie upset upon reading a surprise letter from his Uncle Jared?
10. Why does Claire tend to Alex?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)