|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What's inside the unmarked packages Claire receives from time to time?
(a) Clothes and shoes.
(d) Herbs and stones.
2. What does Alex announce to the small group gathered around him when he is close to death?
(a) Jack should never marry.
(b) He wants Jack to wed Mary and take care of her.
(c) He wants Mary to wed whomever she wants.
(d) He will marry Mary.
3. What event does Claire read about when she is looking through Geillis's notebook?
(a) The Feast of Beltane.
(b) The Eve of Magic.
(c) The Remembrance of Murtagh.
(d) The Solstice Celebration.
4. After the English "rescue" Claire, what does Colonel Gordon MacLeish Campbell ask her about?
(a) Enemy battle plans.
(c) Red Jamie.
(d) Herbal remedies.
5. As Claire watches Jenny take care of her children while their husbands have gone out to buy supplies such as needles and pickling spices, what does she wonder?
(a) If Jamie will be a good father one day.
(b) Why Ian doesn't help more with the children.
(c) If she'll be a good mother one day.
(d) When Jenny will get some rest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ailment does Claire tell Jamie's grandfather that he has?
2. After Claire shares with Jamie her idea to save his men from being led to slaughter, who overhears her plan?
3. A year before her return to Lallybroch, Claire had told everybody to plant:
4. What happens when a big storm hits Lallybroch?
5. What diagnosis does Claire give Alex?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Dougal dies by Jamie's blade, what does Jamie realize regarding Claire?
2. When the battle is about to start, Jamie is restless and it seems no one can soothe him. Who, finally, brings him comfort?
3. Why does Colum MacKenzie ask Claire if she has anything he can use to kill himself?
4. Earlier in the book, Murtagh swears he will avenge the rape of Mary and attempted rape of Claire. In Chapter 44, how does he accomplish this?
5. Describe a few differences between Jonathan and his brother Alex.
6. What series of events brings Jamie to share with Ian the whole story of the torture he went through at the hands of Jack Randall?
7. Describe how Jamie regards and treats his men.
8. What piece of information does Roger give to Claire about Jamie?
9. What is the mood at Lallybroch surrounding the potato planting and harvesting?
10. Claire is taking care of Fergus and Jamie, both of whom are feverish, when there's a knock on the door and she finds Jonathan Randall standing there. How does she handle his request?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)