|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mary feel about having to wed Jack Randall?
2. At the end of the story, how is Claire trying to save Geillis?
(a) By sending her back to the 1700s where she'll be safe.
(b) By preventing her from returning home so her drunk husband doesn't kill her.
(c) By clearing her name so she won't be arrested.
(d) By keeping her from traveling to the 1700s so she won't be burned at the stake.
3. At the ball in honor of Charles, what does Dougal announce?
(a) The enemy is planning a sneak attack.
(b) They are all in grave danger.
(c) His brother Colum is dead.
(d) Colum is very ill.
4. As Jamie prepares for another battle against the English, he tells Claire to find sanctuary in a nearby building, which happens to be what?
(a) A barn.
(b) A church.
(c) A school.
(d) A castle.
5. Right before they part ways forever, where does Jamie lead Claire to in order to keep her safe?
(a) The standing stones.
(b) The cemetery.
(c) The castle.
(d) Mary's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 42, what does Jamie learn has happened to his men?
2. What does Brianna do after Roger blacks out at the standing stones?
3. Why does Jenny want Ian to go to battle?
4. What's inside the unmarked packages Claire receives from time to time?
5. When Claire and Roger talk to Dr. McEwan, where do they claim they're from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Claire is taking care of Fergus and Jamie, both of whom are feverish, when there's a knock on the door and she finds Jonathan Randall standing there. How does she handle his request?
2. Mary Rabbie's son suffers from epileptic seizures. How does Claire end up helping Mary and her son?
3. Why is Jamie upset upon reading a surprise letter from his Uncle Jared?
4. When Claire is taken by the English to the house where Mary is staying, why does Claire tell her to be quiet?
5. As they discuss battle details, why does Jamie get angry with his grandfather?
6. Why does Claire tend to Alex?
7. Describe the outcome of Claire's attempts to save Geillis.
8. Do Roger and Brianna believe Claire's story when she finishes telling her account?
9. What piece of information does Roger give to Claire about Jamie?
10. When Jamie and Claire arrive at Beaufort Castle, how does his grandfather greet them?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)