|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Claire visit Alex on a daily basis?
(a) To give him medicine.
(b) She's lonely and seeks his company.
(c) She's trying to get information from him.
(d) To bring him food.
2. After Roger tells Claire that he believes her story of living in the 1700s, what does she share with him?
(a) William MacKenzie is the biological father of Geillis Duncan's son.
(b) Geillis Duncan asked Sarah Mackenzie to raise her son.
(c) William and Sarah MacKenzie kidnapped Geillis Duncan's son.
(d) Geillis Duncan's son was given to William and Sarah MacKenzie.
3. Why do Claire and Roger visit the Institute for the Study of Highland Folklore and Antiques?
(a) To look for Geillis.
(b) So Claire could verify her story.
(c) To look for Brianna.
(d) To research the legend of the standing stones.
4. At the ball in honor of Charles, what does Dougal announce?
(a) The enemy is planning a sneak attack.
(b) His brother Colum is dead.
(c) They are all in grave danger.
(d) Colum is very ill.
5. At the end of the story, how is Claire trying to save Geillis?
(a) By preventing her from returning home so her drunk husband doesn't kill her.
(b) By sending her back to the 1700s where she'll be safe.
(c) By keeping her from traveling to the 1700s so she won't be burned at the stake.
(d) By clearing her name so she won't be arrested.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 43, where does Jamie lead his men?
2. What does Uncle Jared say in his letter to Jamie?
3. What diagnosis does Claire give Alex?
4. Jamie's grandfather, Lord Lovat, believes that:
5. What event does Claire read about when she is looking through Geillis's notebook?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)