|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 42, what does Jamie learn has happened to his men?
(a) They suffered from food poisoning.
(b) They were delayed in Stirling.
(c) They have been kept in Tolbooth.
(d) They got lost.
2. Claire mentions to Roger the possibility that Geillis could be:
(a) His great, great-grandmother.
(b) His neighbor.
(c) His mother.
(d) An ancestor on his mother's side.
3. When Roger brings a bottle of whiskey to Mr. Edgars' house, what does he learn from Mr. Edgars?
(a) He's afraid to walk near the cemetery.
(b) His wife hasn't been home in a while.
(c) He's been out of a job for more than a year.
(d) He hasn't seen his children in five years.
4. What treatment does Claire recommend for Jamie's grandfather?
(a) Surgery immediately.
(b) A limited diet.
(c) Bed rest and plenty of fluids.
(d) Massaging of the prostate.
5. When Jamie rushes to the aid of his warriors, why does Claire stay in Edinburgh?
(a) To convince Charles to change his plans.
(b) To tend to the men held prisoner.
(c) To stay out of the way.
(d) To learn new healing techniques.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Claire and Jamie arrive at Culloden House, what does Alec reveal?
2. When Claire asks Alex if she can share the state of his health with Randall, he says:
3. Why does Claire go to Mr. Haugh's shop?
4. At the end of the story, how is Claire trying to save Geillis?
5. After Claire finishes telling Brianna the truth about her father, what does Roger share with Claire?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Claire tend to Alex?
2. When Jamie and Claire arrive at Beaufort Castle, how does his grandfather greet them?
3. Why is Jamie upset upon reading a surprise letter from his Uncle Jared?
4. As they discuss battle details, why does Jamie get angry with his grandfather?
5. What series of events brings Jamie to share with Ian the whole story of the torture he went through at the hands of Jack Randall?
6. Earlier in the book, Murtagh swears he will avenge the rape of Mary and attempted rape of Claire. In Chapter 44, how does he accomplish this?
7. When they head for battle, how do Jamie's warriors take the fact that a young man among them is full of lice?
8. What is Alex's final request of Jamie and Claire?
9. Describe how Jamie regards and treats his men.
10. If Geillis Duncan fails to go through the standing stones, what might be the outcome for Roger?
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)