|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shortly after her arrival at Lallybroch, Claire receives word from Louise about:
(a) The death of her aunt, Marie.
(b) Hildegarde's illness.
(c) The birth of her son, Henri.
(d) Raymond's imprisonment.
2. As Claire watches Jenny take care of her children while their husbands have gone out to buy supplies such as needles and pickling spices, what does she wonder?
(a) If Jamie will be a good father one day.
(b) If she'll be a good mother one day.
(c) Why Ian doesn't help more with the children.
(d) When Jenny will get some rest.
3. Back in the 1900s, Claire is sharing her story with Brianna and:
(b) Mrs. Graham.
(c) Mr. Fraser.
(d) The Reverend.
4. What event does Claire read about when she is looking through Geillis's notebook?
(a) The Remembrance of Murtagh.
(b) The Feast of Beltane.
(c) The Eve of Magic.
(d) The Solstice Celebration.
5. At the start of the book's final chapter, where do Claire, Roger, and Brianna set off to in the night?
(d) Standing stones.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ian think about going to battle?
2. At the ball in honor of Charles, what does Dougal announce?
3. Ordinarily, what are the residents of Lallybroch used to eating?
4. What does Uncle Jared say in his letter to Jamie?
5. What does Claire continue to bring Alex as his health declines rapidly?
Short Essay Questions
1. Before Jamie goes to Stirling, what two key pieces of information does Claire share with him about Geillis Duncan?
2. After Dougal dies by Jamie's blade, what does Jamie realize regarding Claire?
3. How does Claire feel about going back to the future?
4. Why does Colum MacKenzie ask Claire if she has anything he can use to kill himself?
5. How does Claire hope to help Geillis, whom she believes to be here now in the present?
6. Earlier in the book, Murtagh swears he will avenge the rape of Mary and attempted rape of Claire. In Chapter 44, how does he accomplish this?
7. When Jamie and Claire leave his grandfather's residence and meet up again with Ian, what disturbing fact do they realize?
8. What series of events brings Jamie to share with Ian the whole story of the torture he went through at the hands of Jack Randall?
9. Describe how Jamie regards and treats his men.
10. What is Alex's final request of Jamie and Claire?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)