|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jack Randall offers Claire information on the upcoming battle in exchange for what?
(a) A particular letter from Charles.
(b) Food rations.
(c) Sexual favors.
(d) Medical treatment.
2. After Claire finishes telling Brianna the truth about her father, what does Roger share with Claire?
(a) That he's in love with Brianna.
(b) That she spoke with another accent when she shared her story.
(c) His research findings about the fallen men.
(d) His fear that Brianna will hurt herself.
3. How does Claire get money for blankets?
(a) She steals from Charles' servant.
(b) She assists at the local hospital.
(c) She is paid for running errands.
(d) She pawns her pearl necklace.
4. While Claire is in Edinburgh, who asks her to come along on visits to see Alex?
5. Why did Jamie attack Ian while they spent the night at a cottage on their trip back home with supplies for their wives?
(a) Both men were drunk.
(b) Ian insulted him.
(c) Ian insulted Claire.
(d) He mistakenly thought Ian was Jack Randall.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Claire and Roger are done with their visit to the Institute for the Study of Highland Folklore and Antiquities, what does Claire ask Roger to do?
2. What does Jamie try to persuade his grandfather to do with regards to the battle he and his men are fighting?
3. In Chapter 39, what instructions does Charles give Jamie regarding battle plans?
4. What happens when a big storm hits Lallybroch?
5. What happens when Claire tries to escape while she's being detained by the English?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 6, Chapter 45, what is Jack feeling towards all of the Randalls?
2. What piece of information does Roger give to Claire about Jamie?
3. Claire is taking care of Fergus and Jamie, both of whom are feverish, when there's a knock on the door and she finds Jonathan Randall standing there. How does she handle his request?
4. What is the mood at Lallybroch surrounding the potato planting and harvesting?
5. Describe how Jamie regards and treats his men.
6. Describe the outcome of Claire's attempts to save Geillis.
7. How does Claire hope to help Geillis, whom she believes to be here now in the present?
8. How does Claire feel about going with the English troops?
9. When Claire is taken by the English to the house where Mary is staying, why does Claire tell her to be quiet?
10. Mary Rabbie's son suffers from epileptic seizures. How does Claire end up helping Mary and her son?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)