|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mary feel about having to wed Jack Randall?
2. As he prepares to meet his grandfather for the first time ever, what does Jamie reveal to Claire about his father?
(a) He was known as a healer and seer of the future.
(b) He was his grandfather's favorite son.
(c) His grandfather hired him as a servant and later adopted him .
(d) He's the bastard son of a maid his grandfather slept with.
3. To save Jamie's men from being led to slaughter, what does Claire propose?
(a) Sending them in the opposite direction.
(b) Lying to them.
(c) Killing Charles.
(d) Arresting Charles.
4. While Claire is in Edinburgh, who asks her to come along on visits to see Alex?
5. When Claire and Jamie enter Beaufort Castle and are invited to stay, what does one of Jamie's cousins do?
(a) Makes a pass at Claire.
(b) Offers Claire whiskey.
(c) Tries to get Jamie drunk.
(d) Spies on Jamie and Claire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Right before they part ways forever, where does Jamie lead Claire to in order to keep her safe?
2. While the English detain her for information, Claire is taken to a house where who else is staying?
3. When Jamie rushes to the aid of his warriors, why does Claire stay in Edinburgh?
4. What happens when a big storm hits Lallybroch?
5. After Claire finishes telling Brianna the truth about her father, what does Roger share with Claire?
Short Essay Questions
1. Earlier in the book, Murtagh swears he will avenge the rape of Mary and attempted rape of Claire. In Chapter 44, how does he accomplish this?
2. When Jamie and Claire arrive at Beaufort Castle, how does his grandfather greet them?
3. What series of events brings Jamie to share with Ian the whole story of the torture he went through at the hands of Jack Randall?
4. When Jamie and Claire leave his grandfather's residence and meet up again with Ian, what disturbing fact do they realize?
5. What is the mood at Lallybroch surrounding the potato planting and harvesting?
6. Claire knows where and when the grandfather will die. Why is she conflicted over this information?
7. After Dougal dies by Jamie's blade, what does Jamie realize regarding Claire?
8. Before Jamie goes to Stirling, what two key pieces of information does Claire share with him about Geillis Duncan?
9. Describe the outcome of Claire's attempts to save Geillis.
10. Do Roger and Brianna believe Claire's story when she finishes telling her account?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)