|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the English "rescue" Claire, what does Colonel Gordon MacLeish Campbell ask her about?
(a) Red Jamie.
(b) Enemy battle plans.
(c) Herbal remedies.
2. Why do Claire and Roger visit the Institute for the Study of Highland Folklore and Antiques?
(a) To look for Brianna.
(b) To research the legend of the standing stones.
(c) So Claire could verify her story.
(d) To look for Geillis.
3. After Jamie and Claire leave Beauly, Lord Lovat sends word that he will what?
(a) Send 200 men to aid Charles.
(b) No longer have anything to do with Jamie.
(c) Have surgery.
(d) Supply battle armor for 200 men.
4. Back in the 1900s, Claire is sharing her story with Brianna and:
(a) The Reverend.
(c) Mrs. Graham.
(d) Mr. Fraser.
5. When Ian and Jamie wonder when the new crop that everyone in Lallybroch has planted will be ready to pick, what does Fergus suggest?
(a) Pick one out of the ground and check.
(b) Read the instruction book.
(c) Check the color of the leaves.
(d) Ask their neighbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Claire visit Alex on a daily basis?
2. At the start of the book's final chapter, where do Claire, Roger, and Brianna set off to in the night?
3. Concerned that his men are being led to slaughter, Jamie:
4. As Claire watches Jenny take care of her children while their husbands have gone out to buy supplies such as needles and pickling spices, what does she wonder?
5. When Claire hides inside a building with Dougal, Rupert, Willie, and others, who is hurt badly?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Jamie regards and treats his men.
2. What series of events brings Jamie to share with Ian the whole story of the torture he went through at the hands of Jack Randall?
3. Why does Claire tend to Alex?
4. When Jamie and Claire arrive at Beaufort Castle, how does his grandfather greet them?
5. As they discuss battle details, why does Jamie get angry with his grandfather?
6. Claire knows where and when the grandfather will die. Why is she conflicted over this information?
7. What do the clansmen do when Rupert is fatally wounded?
8. Do Roger and Brianna believe Claire's story when she finishes telling her account?
9. When Claire is taken by the English to the house where Mary is staying, why does Claire tell her to be quiet?
10. Earlier in the book, Murtagh swears he will avenge the rape of Mary and attempted rape of Claire. In Chapter 44, how does he accomplish this?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)