|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What past mistake does Colum MacKenzie apologize to Claire for?
(a) Thinking she was spying on him.
(b) Accusing her of killing her newborn.
(c) Mistaking her for a tavern prostitute.
(d) Charging her with witchcraft and sentencing her to hang.
2. Before the two say farewell to each other for the last time, Claire is startled when Jamie tells her:
(a) He's deserting his men.
(b) To save his men, he must leave her behind.
(c) He knows she's pregnant again.
(d) He's in love with Mary.
3. In Chapter 43, where does Jamie lead his men?
(a) To Hawley Stirling.
(b) To Lord Lovat.
(c) To Alex Randall.
(d) To George Murray.
4. Back in the 1900s, Claire is sharing her story with Brianna and:
(b) The Reverend.
(c) Mrs. Graham.
(d) Mr. Fraser.
5. As Claire watches Jenny take care of her children while their husbands have gone out to buy supplies such as needles and pickling spices, what does she wonder?
(a) Why Ian doesn't help more with the children.
(b) If she'll be a good mother one day.
(c) When Jenny will get some rest.
(d) If Jamie will be a good father one day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Jamie attack Ian while they spent the night at a cottage on their trip back home with supplies for their wives?
2. What ailment does Claire tell Jamie's grandfather that he has?
3. What was Jamie always taught about being left-handed when he was younger?
4. What diagnosis does Claire give Alex?
5. After the Duke of Sandringham locks Claire up, refusing to release her until she gives him battle information, who rescues Claire?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Claire feel about going back to the future?
2. Why does Colum MacKenzie ask Claire if she has anything he can use to kill himself?
3. Before Jamie goes to Stirling, what two key pieces of information does Claire share with him about Geillis Duncan?
4. What do the clansmen do when Rupert is fatally wounded?
5. Do Roger and Brianna believe Claire's story when she finishes telling her account?
6. When Jamie and Claire arrive at Beaufort Castle, how does his grandfather greet them?
7. When the battle is about to start, Jamie is restless and it seems no one can soothe him. Who, finally, brings him comfort?
8. When Claire is taken by the English to the house where Mary is staying, why does Claire tell her to be quiet?
9. When Jamie and Claire leave his grandfather's residence and meet up again with Ian, what disturbing fact do they realize?
10. Mary Rabbie's son suffers from epileptic seizures. How does Claire end up helping Mary and her son?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)