|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the Battle of Prestonpans begins, where does Claire set up a triage for the wounded?
(a) The cottage.
(b) The stone circle.
(c) A cave.
(d) The castle.
2. Ordinarily, what are the residents of Lallybroch used to eating?
(a) Barley and grains.
(b) Wilted leaves.
(c) Fish eggs.
(d) Pickled beets.
3. What event does Claire read about when she is looking through Geillis's notebook?
(a) The Eve of Magic.
(b) The Feast of Beltane.
(c) The Solstice Celebration.
(d) The Remembrance of Murtagh.
4. After Jamie and Claire leave Beauly, Lord Lovat sends word that he will what?
(a) No longer have anything to do with Jamie.
(b) Send 200 men to aid Charles.
(c) Have surgery.
(d) Supply battle armor for 200 men.
5. When Ian and Jamie wonder when the new crop that everyone in Lallybroch has planted will be ready to pick, what does Fergus suggest?
(a) Ask their neighbor.
(b) Check the color of the leaves.
(c) Pick one out of the ground and check.
(d) Read the instruction book.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jamie and Ian return to their wives from their trip to buy supplies such as needles and pickling spices, what has happened to Ian?
2. In Chapter 45, who does Mary keep visiting?
3. What happens when Claire tries to escape while she's being detained by the English?
4. To save Jamie's men from being led to slaughter, what does Claire propose?
5. Why did Jamie attack Ian while they spent the night at a cottage on their trip back home with supplies for their wives?
Short Essay Questions
1. Claire knows where and when the grandfather will die. Why is she conflicted over this information?
2. Describe how Jamie regards and treats his men.
3. When they head for battle, how do Jamie's warriors take the fact that a young man among them is full of lice?
4. In Part 6, Chapter 45, what is Jack feeling towards all of the Randalls?
5. When the battle is about to start, Jamie is restless and it seems no one can soothe him. Who, finally, brings him comfort?
6. Earlier in the book, Murtagh swears he will avenge the rape of Mary and attempted rape of Claire. In Chapter 44, how does he accomplish this?
7. When Claire is taken by the English to the house where Mary is staying, why does Claire tell her to be quiet?
8. After Dougal dies by Jamie's blade, what does Jamie realize regarding Claire?
9. Why does Colum MacKenzie ask Claire if she has anything he can use to kill himself?
10. If Geillis Duncan fails to go through the standing stones, what might be the outcome for Roger?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)