|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is in charge of L'Hopital des Anges?
(a) Angelique Stuart.
(b) Hildegarde de Gascogne.
(c) Herr Gerstmann.
(d) Mary Hawkins.
2. Why does Claire go to Fontainebleau?
(a) She needs a change of scenery after losing the baby.
(b) She seeks the counsel of a close friend there.
(c) She must deliver a message.
(d) She is looking for someone to protect Jamie.
3. When Mr. Hawkins mentions that his niece, Mary, is to be married and the marriage will benefit the family, how does Claire react?
(a) She's overjoyed.
(b) She faints.
(c) By bestowing blessings upon Mary and her future groom.
(d) With anger.
4. Claire's stomach pains are caused by:
(c) Early labor.
(d) Spoiled food.
5. After Jamie reads a letter signed by James Stuart, what does he say?
(a) The letter may have been read by other spies prior to him stealing it.
(b) The letter offers nothing of relevance.
(c) He must talk to the prince about the contents of the letter.
(d) The letter has to be burned so that the evidence is destroyed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the Comte drinks a cup of dragon's blood?
2. What does Sister Angelique find when she checks Claire for fever?
3. In her nightmare about her pregnancy, what does Claire have in her belly?
4. What country are Jamie and Claire barred from?
5. When Brianna and Roger lead Claire to a gravestone, what name is she startled to read?
Short Essay Questions
1. What paranormal event seems to take place in Chapter 25, and how does it help Claire?
2. What's the real reason Monsieur Forez describes in great, gory detail how he is to hang, draw, and quarter a traitor?
3. After Mary is raped, how do Jamie and Claire try to protect her?
4. In Chapter 17, Jamie is spending more time with Charles, to the point where he comes home extremely late -- or not at all. How does Claire feel about this?
5. In Part 1, Chapter 4, what does Roger learn about Frank?
6. How are the many gatherings and palace ball affecting Claire in her pregnant state?
7. How does Claire feel about Louise trying to abort her unborn baby?
8. Claire learns from Fergus the truth regarding why Jamie insisted on dueling Randall despite promising her that he wouldn't. What is the real reason for the duel?
9. Describe the relationship between Claire and Jamie.
10. After Jamie is released by the king, he and Claire are reunited. Describe their time together.
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)