|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jamie and Fergus are running a fever, what does Claire rub on them?
(a) Heather ointment.
(b) Thistle seed paste.
(c) Goose grease.
(d) Fish oil.
2. Where does Claire go after she breaks into the Institute for the Study of Highland Folklore and Antiquities?
(a) To dinner.
(b) To find the priest.
(c) To the cemetery.
(d) To the post office.
3. When Claire and Jamie arrive at Culloden House, what does Alec reveal?
(a) He's lost his wife.
(b) Their house has been ransacked.
(c) Their horses have been stolen.
(d) They're starving and had to eat the horses.
4. Back in the 1900s, Claire is sharing her story with Brianna and:
(a) Mr. Fraser.
(b) Mrs. Graham.
(c) The Reverend.
5. While Jamie gets ready for battle and Claire finds sanctuary in a nearby building with Dougal, Rupert, Willie, and others, how many Englishmen does Jamie tell them are coming up the hill?
6. What does Brianna do after Roger blacks out at the standing stones?
(a) Runs to him and wakes him.
(b) Insists he get some rest.
(c) Throws a bucket of water on him.
(d) Screams for help.
7. As Claire watches Jenny take care of her children while their husbands have gone out to buy supplies such as needles and pickling spices, what does she wonder?
(a) If she'll be a good mother one day.
(b) Why Ian doesn't help more with the children.
(c) When Jenny will get some rest.
(d) If Jamie will be a good father one day.
8. What does Ian think about going to battle?
(a) Jenny will love him more.
(b) He feels it's his duty to go.
(c) He will gain the respect of the townspeople.
(d) He will not stand a chance with one wooden leg in battle.
9. Why does Jenny want Ian to go to battle?
(a) To clear his name.
(b) So he'll feel useful.
(c) It's a matter of honor.
(d) To get him out of the house.
10. What was Jamie always taught about being left-handed when he was younger?
(a) It's normal.
(b) It's a sign of great intelligence.
(c) It's a bad thing.
(d) He's blessed.
11. Claire mentions to Roger the possibility that Geillis could be:
(a) His mother.
(b) His great, great-grandmother.
(c) His neighbor.
(d) An ancestor on his mother's side.
12. What does Jamie try to persuade his grandfather to do with regards to the battle he and his men are fighting?
(a) Supply horses for his men.
(b) Offer his men shelter.
(c) Feed his group.
(d) Join the battle with Charles.
13. When Claire and Jamie enter Beaufort Castle and are invited to stay, what does one of Jamie's cousins do?
(a) Offers Claire whiskey.
(b) Tries to get Jamie drunk.
(c) Spies on Jamie and Claire.
(d) Makes a pass at Claire.
14. What diagnosis does Claire give Alex?
15. At the start of the book's final chapter, where do Claire, Roger, and Brianna set off to in the night?
(d) Standing stones.
Short Answer Questions
1. Right before they part ways forever, where does Jamie lead Claire to in order to keep her safe?
2. Why do Claire and Roger visit the Institute for the Study of Highland Folklore and Antiques?
3. What happens when a big storm hits Lallybroch?
4. After Claire and Roger are done with their visit to the Institute for the Study of Highland Folklore and Antiquities, what does Claire ask Roger to do?
5. With several people already gathered around Alex, who is now close to death, who is the last visitor to arrive?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)