|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Claire and Jamie enter Beaufort Castle and are invited to stay, what does one of Jamie's cousins do?
(a) Makes a pass at Claire.
(b) Spies on Jamie and Claire.
(c) Tries to get Jamie drunk.
(d) Offers Claire whiskey.
2. With several people already gathered around Alex, who is now close to death, who is the last visitor to arrive?
(c) Jack Randall.
3. What does Alex announce to the small group gathered around him when he is close to death?
(a) He wants Mary to wed whomever she wants.
(b) Jack should never marry.
(c) He wants Jack to wed Mary and take care of her.
(d) He will marry Mary.
4. Ordinarily, what are the residents of Lallybroch used to eating?
(a) Wilted leaves.
(b) Fish eggs.
(c) Pickled beets.
(d) Barley and grains.
5. At the ball in honor of Charles, what does Dougal announce?
(a) They are all in grave danger.
(b) Colum is very ill.
(c) The enemy is planning a sneak attack.
(d) His brother Colum is dead.
6. As Jamie prepares for another battle against the English, he tells Claire to find sanctuary in a nearby building, which happens to be what?
(a) A castle.
(b) A barn.
(c) A church.
(d) A school.
7. What does Claire continue to bring Alex as his health declines rapidly?
8. Claire mentions to Roger the possibility that Geillis could be:
(a) His mother.
(b) An ancestor on his mother's side.
(c) His great, great-grandmother.
(d) His neighbor.
9. What does Jamie try to persuade his grandfather to do with regards to the battle he and his men are fighting?
(a) Supply horses for his men.
(b) Feed his group.
(c) Offer his men shelter.
(d) Join the battle with Charles.
10. Where does Claire go after she breaks into the Institute for the Study of Highland Folklore and Antiquities?
(a) To the cemetery.
(b) To the post office.
(c) To find the priest.
(d) To dinner.
11. Why do Claire and Roger visit the Institute for the Study of Highland Folklore and Antiques?
(a) So Claire could verify her story.
(b) To look for Geillis.
(c) To look for Brianna.
(d) To research the legend of the standing stones.
12. Why is Claire going to battle?
(a) She's afraid to be left behind.
(b) It is customary for a childless wife to accompany her husband in battle.
(c) Every person in Lallybroch is needed to fight.
(d) She'll be needed to heal the wounded.
13. When Claire and Jamie arrive at Culloden House, what does Alec reveal?
(a) Their house has been ransacked.
(b) Their horses have been stolen.
(c) They're starving and had to eat the horses.
(d) He's lost his wife.
14. In Chapter 45, who does Mary keep visiting?
(a) The Duke.
15. As English soldiers make their way up to the building where Claire and others are hiding, what does Jamie tell her and those who are with her?
(a) To be quiet.
(b) To prepare for a bloody battle.
(c) To hide in the thicket.
(d) To run quickly.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Claire finishes telling Brianna the truth about her father, what does Roger share with Claire?
2. What does Jamie's grandfather say is keeping him up at night?
3. After the English "rescue" Claire, what does Colonel Gordon MacLeish Campbell ask her about?
4. When Ian and Jamie wonder when the new crop that everyone in Lallybroch has planted will be ready to pick, what does Fergus suggest?
5. How does Jamie get information from the English boy?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)