|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Claire notices Lord Lovat is not looking well, what does she ask him?
(a) To drink a brew she's prepared.
(b) To get some rest.
(c) To help Jamie.
(d) What his symptoms are.
2. At the end of the book, what does Brianna come to realize regarding her mother's tale?
(a) Claire has obviously gone insane.
(b) That it's all true, the whole story.
(c) She cannot forgive her mother for what she did.
(d) It is a complete lie.
3. At the ball in honor of Charles, what does Dougal announce?
(a) His brother Colum is dead.
(b) Colum is very ill.
(c) They are all in grave danger.
(d) The enemy is planning a sneak attack.
4. Jack Randall offers Claire information on the upcoming battle in exchange for what?
(a) Sexual favors.
(b) A particular letter from Charles.
(c) Food rations.
(d) Medical treatment.
5. When Ian and Jamie wonder when the new crop that everyone in Lallybroch has planted will be ready to pick, what does Fergus suggest?
(a) Read the instruction book.
(b) Pick one out of the ground and check.
(c) Ask their neighbor.
(d) Check the color of the leaves.
6. After Claire shares with Jamie her idea to save his men from being led to slaughter, who overhears her plan?
7. What does Brianna do after Roger blacks out at the standing stones?
(a) Runs to him and wakes him.
(b) Throws a bucket of water on him.
(c) Screams for help.
(d) Insists he get some rest.
8. While Claire is in Edinburgh, who asks her to come along on visits to see Alex?
9. While Jamie gets ready for battle and Claire finds sanctuary in a nearby building with Dougal, Rupert, Willie, and others, how many Englishmen does Jamie tell them are coming up the hill?
10. What does Jamie's grandfather say is keeping him up at night?
(a) Feeling as though he needs to urinate.
(b) Noises in the house.
(c) His battle fears.
(d) A constant ache in his chest.
11. After Claire and Roger are done with their visit to the Institute for the Study of Highland Folklore and Antiquities, what does Claire ask Roger to do?
(a) Take Brianna to dinner.
(b) Lend her his collection of old letters.
(c) Buy Brianna a gift.
(d) Accompany her to the library.
12. Concerned that his men are being led to slaughter, Jamie:
(a) Faints under intense pressure.
(b) Creates a disturbance.
(c) Orders them to halt.
(d) Feels helpless.
13. Right before they part ways forever, where does Jamie lead Claire to in order to keep her safe?
(a) The castle.
(b) Mary's house.
(c) The standing stones.
(d) The cemetery.
14. When Claire asks Alex if she can share the state of his health with Randall, he says:
(a) Of course.
(b) Don't bother him with nonsense.
(c) Not yet.
15. How many troops are marching to Stirling Castle?
(a) Two thousand
(b) Eight thousand.
(c) A hundred.
(d) Five hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle Jared say in his letter to Jamie?
2. What was Jamie always taught about being left-handed when he was younger?
3. After Jamie and Claire leave Beauly, Lord Lovat sends word that he will what?
4. Before the two say farewell to each other for the last time, Claire is startled when Jamie tells her:
5. Ordinarily, what are the residents of Lallybroch used to eating?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)