|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Lallybroch, Ian tells Jamie and Claire that:
(a) Their crop was ruined.
(b) They have lost many sheep.
(c) His horse died.
(d) A storm blew away their roof.
2. After Claire's bleeding stops, what does she decide to do?
(a) Find a remedy at the herb shop.
(b) Stop working and take it easy.
(c) Hire someone to take care of her.
(d) Get help at the hospital.
3. While Claire stays at Fontainebleau, what does Louise finally confess to her?
(a) Jamie is angry at Claire.
(b) Jamie is in prison for dueling.
(c) She had an affair with Jamie.
(d) Jamie has temporarily lost his mind over grief.
4. What does Sister Angelique find when she checks Claire for fever?
(a) It's risen higher.
(b) Claire is talking to herself.
(c) It's gone.
(d) Claire has left.
5. When Claire has visitors, what does she overhear them say?
(a) Jamie was found drunk by the waterfront.
(b) Jamie challenged a man at the tavern over a whore.
(c) Someone is plotting to kill Jamie.
(d) One of the visitors fancies Jamie.
6. What name was given to the child Claire lost?
7. When Jamie, Ian, Murtagh, and Fergus arrive back home after their search for the sheep, Jenny sends them back outside to:
(a) Close the gate.
(b) Bring in the laundry.
(c) Take off their muddy boots.
(d) Feed the sheep.
8. When Roger shares his findings regarding Claire's list of Fraser men over tea and whiskey at his house, who drinks the tea?
(a) Roger and Brianna.
9. When Jamie, Claire, and Fergus arrive at Argentan, why does Fergus get into trouble?
(a) For throwing manure at a boy.
(b) For getting into a fight.
(c) For stealing food.
(d) For disobeying orders.
10. Claire explains that she and Frank had visited the standing stones where they witnessed a ritual performed by whom?
(a) A Druid with an unusual ring.
(b) A group of young children.
(c) Soldiers preparing for battle.
(d) Several women in bed sheets.
11. Depressed over the loss of her baby, Jamie's imprisonment, and Fergus being abused by Randall, Claire:
(a) Refuses to talk to anyone.
(b) Refuses to eat.
(c) Sleeps all day and night.
(d) Threatens to kill herself.
12. Who do Claire and Jamie think they see walking into the palace courtyard?
(a) The king.
(b) Jonathan Randall.
(c) Mary with her betrothed.
(d) The young man who had tried to seduce Claire at the ball.
13. Jamie hires a young boy named Fergus to do what?
(a) Make deliveries.
(b) Help Claire around the house.
(c) Intercept and steal letters for Jamie.
(d) Entertain the couple with his singing.
14. After investigating the Fraser home, what does Roger do before he continues his search for information regarding Claire's list of Fraser men?
(a) Visits the Reverend Reginald Wakefield.
(b) Runs out of gas and hitches a ride.
(c) Goes to the ale house and has a few pints.
(d) Talks to the locals to get more information.
15. After Mary writes a statement about the rape, what does Claire do?
(a) Translates it.
(b) Loses it.
(c) Delivers it to the judge.
(d) Rips it to pieces.
Short Answer Questions
1. Claire assists Monsieur Forez in what?
2. When Jamie wants to duel Randall, what does Claire convince him to do?
3. What does a man posing as a watchman do to Murtagh as he walks by?
4. When Fergus rides a wild horse, what does Jamie do?
5. What does the Duke request in return for clearing Jamie's name?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)