|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As she watches Jamie duel, what happens to Claire?
(a) She has a seizure.
(b) She falls and fractures her wrist.
(c) She is frightened and screams.
(d) She starts to bleed and passes out.
2. After traveling by sea on their way back to Scotland, Jamie and company travel by:
3. When Claire tells Jamie that she wants to help out at the hospital, how does he react?
(a) Says he needs to think about it.
(b) Cries and tells her that he does not want his pregnant wife around sick people.
(c) Tells her it's a brilliant idea.
(d) Grows red with anger and tells her that he doesn't want her around beggars and prostitutes.
4. When Jamie has to leave for the local jail to help sort things out, who is left to care for Claire?
(b) Mary's servant.
5. The incoming ship, the Patagonia, is carrying what?
(a) Men with smallpox.
(b) Spices from the Orient.
(c) Sailors suffering from scurvy.
(d) Dignitaries from the Americas.
6. After Jamie is released by the king, what is he told he must do?
(a) Return to Scotland.
(b) Pay a fine.
(c) Never duel again.
(d) Take better care of Claire.
7. Jamie is spending more and more time with Charles. When he doesn't come home one night, who does Claire send out to look for him?
(a) A footman.
(d) A group of servants.
8. After spending the night together at Louis', what do Claire and Jamie do?
(a) Go sailing.
(b) Ride horses.
(c) Have lunch at the tavern.
(d) Visit Mary.
9. When Roger shares his findings regarding Claire's list of Fraser men over tea and whiskey at his house, who drinks the tea?
(c) Roger and Brianna.
10. Jamie hires a young boy named Fergus to do what?
(a) Intercept and steal letters for Jamie.
(b) Make deliveries.
(c) Entertain the couple with his singing.
(d) Help Claire around the house.
11. While Claire is hospitalized, who does she think she sees in her feverish, delusional state?
12. Right before Geillis Duncan, who is tried as a witch, is burned alive, what does Claire notice?
(a) The emerald green necklace around Geillis' neck.
(b) The cross-shaped tattoo on Geillis' ankle.
(c) Geillis' vaccination scar on her arm.
(d) The locket Geillis clutches in her hand.
13. After Jamie reads a letter signed by James Stuart, what does he say?
(a) The letter offers nothing of relevance.
(b) The letter has to be burned so that the evidence is destroyed.
(c) The letter may have been read by other spies prior to him stealing it.
(d) He must talk to the prince about the contents of the letter.
14. When Claire reverts back in time to when she was first pregnant and in Paris with Jamie, what job does Jamie have with James Francis Edward Stuart, the exiled king of Scotland?
(a) Personal attendant.
(d) Military strategist.
15. When Claire tells Fergus to take a bath, what does he do?
(a) Helps her instead.
(b) Yells at her.
(c) Runs away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Murtagh promise Jamie after apologizing for not protecting the women properly?
2. What does Raymond give Claire for her protection?
3. What does Jamie do to Fergus reluctantly?
4. When Roger and Brianna visit the graveyard, what does Roger notice?
5. Why is Monsieur Forez going to England?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)