|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Claire arrives at Mary's house to tend to her wounds, the servants:
(a) Bring her whiskey.
(b) Try to keep her from going in.
(c) Hide in the attic.
(d) Welcome her in.
2. When the butler asks Claire if she needs help greeting her guests, what does she reply?
(a) She's not feeling well and will see the ladies another time.
(b) She would greatly appreciate it if he announced her to the ladies.
(c) To forget about her and go find Jamie.
(d) To give her and her guests privacy.
3. Jamie is spending more and more time with Charles. When he doesn't come home one night, who does Claire send out to look for him?
(a) A footman.
(d) A group of servants.
4. Depressed over the loss of her baby, Jamie's imprisonment, and Fergus being abused by Randall, Claire:
(a) Threatens to kill herself.
(b) Refuses to eat.
(c) Refuses to talk to anyone.
(d) Sleeps all day and night.
5. After spending the night together at Louis', what do Claire and Jamie do?
(a) Visit Mary.
(b) Have lunch at the tavern.
(c) Ride horses.
(d) Go sailing.
6. Why is Claire shocked to see Dougal MacKenzie in her house?
(a) She thought he was dead.
(b) He was banned from their town.
(c) He was supposed to be at sea.
(d) The last time she saw him he had tried to seduce her.
7. Which statement best describes Brianna?
(a) Slender, with grey eyes and long blonde hair.
(b) Six feet tall with thick red hair and a rather long nose.
(c) Stands just under five feet tall and has light brown hair.
(d) Dark brown hair and eyes the color of sherry.
8. In her nightmare about her pregnancy, what does Claire have in her belly?
(a) A witch.
(d) A sack of stones.
9. The dinner party with several distinguished guests is interrupted by Mary, who:
(a) Accuses a guest of cheating on her.
(b) Arrives drunk and makes a fool of herself.
(c) Appears screaming at the top of her lungs.
(d) Starts hurling plates to the floor.
10. When Jamie has to leave for the local jail to help sort things out, who is left to care for Claire?
(a) Mary's servant.
11. When Claire faints at the palace, what does the king order?
(a) His attendants to revive her.
(b) That she be taken to the herb specialist immediately.
(c) That she and Jaime go home so she can get some rest.
(d) His cooks to prepare her a bountiful meal.
12. When Jamie, Ian, Murtagh, and Fergus arrive back home after their search for the sheep, Jenny sends them back outside to:
(a) Take off their muddy boots.
(b) Bring in the laundry.
(c) Feed the sheep.
(d) Close the gate.
13. Who do Claire and Jamie think they see walking into the palace courtyard?
(a) The king.
(b) The young man who had tried to seduce Claire at the ball.
(c) Jonathan Randall.
(d) Mary with her betrothed.
14. Jamie hires a young boy named Fergus to do what?
(a) Intercept and steal letters for Jamie.
(b) Help Claire around the house.
(c) Make deliveries.
(d) Entertain the couple with his singing.
15. After investigating the Fraser home, what does Roger do before he continues his search for information regarding Claire's list of Fraser men?
(a) Talks to the locals to get more information.
(b) Runs out of gas and hitches a ride.
(c) Visits the Reverend Reginald Wakefield.
(d) Goes to the ale house and has a few pints.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of the story, who do Claire and her daughter, Brianna, visit?
2. When Brianna and Roger lead Claire to a gravestone, what name is she startled to read?
3. After Jamie is released by the king, what is he told he must do?
4. After Mary writes a statement about the rape, what does Claire do?
5. In Lallybroch, Ian tells Jamie and Claire that:
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)