|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jamie do to Fergus reluctantly?
(a) Withholds food from him until the following evening.
(b) Gives him a long lecture.
(c) Gives him ten lashes.
(d) Tells him to clean all the chimneys.
2. After Jamie is released by the king, what is he told he must do?
(a) Return to Scotland.
(b) Pay a fine.
(c) Never duel again.
(d) Take better care of Claire.
3. With Jonathan Randall dead, what do Claire and Jamie come to realize?
(a) The future is being changed.
(b) Jonathan Randall and Prince Charles Edward had had an affair.
(c) He had killed himself.
(d) Randall had been poisoned.
4. Why is Claire known as the "lady of sorcery" in some circles?
(a) Because of her strong, independent streak.
(b) Fergus tells the townspeople she can perform magic.
(c) She works at the hospital and frequents the herb shop.
(d) Jamie told friends she would cast a spell if he was with another woman.
5. While Claire continues to mind Jared's home, what does Jamie do?
(a) Goes to the vineyards to harvest grapes with his coworkers.
(b) Works around Jared's house making repairs.
(c) Trains with the blacksmith Sorenson while making a meager living as an apprentice.
(d) Goes away each morning with Murtagh to attend to the wine industry.
6. When Claire questions Jaime about his meeting with Prince Charles Edward, what does he tell her about the prince?
(a) He had a terrible toothache but was very pleasant.
(b) He complained about not sleeping well.
(c) He had nothing to say to Jamie.
(d) He was polite despite his broken arm.
7. When Claire faints at the palace, what does the king order?
(a) His attendants to revive her.
(b) That she and Jaime go home so she can get some rest.
(c) His cooks to prepare her a bountiful meal.
(d) That she be taken to the herb specialist immediately.
8. When Roger and Brianna visit the graveyard, what does Roger notice?
(a) Several missing headstones.
(b) Brianna studying a headstone with "Wakefield" engraved on it.
(c) Tears running down Brianna's face.
(d) A headstone with "Fraser" engraved on it.
9. What name was given to the child Claire lost?
10. Which statement best describes Brianna?
(a) Six feet tall with thick red hair and a rather long nose.
(b) Slender, with grey eyes and long blonde hair.
(c) Stands just under five feet tall and has light brown hair.
(d) Dark brown hair and eyes the color of sherry.
11. After spending the night together at Louis', what do Claire and Jamie do?
(a) Go sailing.
(b) Have lunch at the tavern.
(c) Visit Mary.
(d) Ride horses.
12. Roger explains to Brianna that visitors come and leave _______ on the tombstones of the dead.
(b) Handwritten notes.
(d) Thistle bouquets.
13. What does Claire learn when she visits Louise?
(a) Louise has stolen the king's scepter.
(b) Louise is Jamie's cousin.
(c) Louise is pregnant with Prince Charles' baby.
(d) Louise plans to leave Jules, Prince de Rohan.
14. Jamie asks for something from Claire's medicine box to make him look like he has what disease?
(a) The plague.
15. When Jamie doesn't visit Claire at the hospital, what does she think?
(a) He's already left for his most recent trip to Orvieto.
(b) He is drunk somewhere and has forgotten her.
(c) He has been imprisoned.
(d) He no longer loves her.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Mary writes a statement about the rape, what does Claire do?
2. While Claire nurses a man with a fractured leg, what does the dog Bouton alert her to?
3. Jamie hires a young boy named Fergus to do what?
4. When Roger drives to Brock Tuarach, what does he find?
5. When Brianna and Roger lead Claire to a gravestone, what name is she startled to read?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)