|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6, Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Jamie attends the king's lever, what does he tell Claire?
(a) The servants got the king out of bed, shaved him, and washed him.
(b) Details of the conversation he had with the king.
(c) The king is old, feeble, and senile.
(d) He wishes she had joined him at the king's lever.
2. In Chapter 43, where does Jamie lead his men?
(a) To George Murray.
(b) To Lord Lovat.
(c) To Alex Randall.
(d) To Hawley Stirling.
3. While Claire stays at Fontainebleau, what does Louise finally confess to her?
(a) Jamie has temporarily lost his mind over grief.
(b) Jamie is in prison for dueling.
(c) Jamie is angry at Claire.
(d) She had an affair with Jamie.
4. What past mistake does Colum MacKenzie apologize to Claire for?
(a) Mistaking her for a tavern prostitute.
(b) Thinking she was spying on him.
(c) Accusing her of killing her newborn.
(d) Charging her with witchcraft and sentencing her to hang.
5. What does Claire learn when she visits Louise?
(a) Louise is Jamie's cousin.
(b) Louise has stolen the king's scepter.
(c) Louise plans to leave Jules, Prince de Rohan.
(d) Louise is pregnant with Prince Charles' baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. With English troops surrounding the building where Claire and others are hiding, what plan does Jamie devise?
2. In Lallybroch, Ian tells Jamie and Claire that:
3. While Jamie gets ready for battle and Claire finds sanctuary in a nearby building with Dougal, Rupert, Willie, and others, how many Englishmen does Jamie tell them are coming up the hill?
4. After the Duke of Sandringham locks Claire up, refusing to release her until she gives him battle information, who rescues Claire?
5. When Roger looks through one of his uncle's journals, what does he find?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)