|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Chapter 33 | Part 5, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Jamie reads a letter signed by James Stuart, what does he say?
(a) He must talk to the prince about the contents of the letter.
(b) The letter offers nothing of relevance.
(c) The letter may have been read by other spies prior to him stealing it.
(d) The letter has to be burned so that the evidence is destroyed.
2. Why is Claire known as the "lady of sorcery" in some circles?
(a) Jamie told friends she would cast a spell if he was with another woman.
(b) Because of her strong, independent streak.
(c) Fergus tells the townspeople she can perform magic.
(d) She works at the hospital and frequents the herb shop.
3. When Claire finds a red mark on Fergus, he tells her it's:
(a) A welt from the beating he got from a servant.
(b) A mark that appeared mysteriously while he slept.
(c) A burn from a man's ring.
(d) A scrape from falling on a stone.
4. With Jonathan Randall dead, what do Claire and Jamie come to realize?
(a) Randall had been poisoned.
(b) Jonathan Randall and Prince Charles Edward had had an affair.
(c) He had killed himself.
(d) The future is being changed.
5. When Jamie has to leave for the local jail to help sort things out, who is left to care for Claire?
(d) Mary's servant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jamie do to Fergus reluctantly?
2. After Mary writes a statement about the rape, what does Claire do?
3. Running into the kitchen babbling that he has failed Jamie, what does Fergus demand?
4. When Claire questions Jaime about his meeting with Prince Charles Edward, what does he tell her about the prince?
5. What does Claire learn when she visits Louise?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)