|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Chapter 33 | Part 5, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mr. Hawkins mentions that his niece, Mary, is to be married and the marriage will benefit the family, how does Claire react?
(a) With anger.
(b) By bestowing blessings upon Mary and her future groom.
(c) She faints.
(d) She's overjoyed.
2. As Claire watches Jenny take care of her children while their husbands have gone out to buy supplies such as needles and pickling spices, what does she wonder?
(a) When Jenny will get some rest.
(b) Why Ian doesn't help more with the children.
(c) If Jamie will be a good father one day.
(d) If she'll be a good mother one day.
3. What was Jamie always taught about being left-handed when he was younger?
(a) It's a sign of great intelligence.
(b) He's blessed.
(c) It's normal.
(d) It's a bad thing.
4. Depressed over the loss of her baby, Jamie's imprisonment, and Fergus being abused by Randall, Claire:
(a) Sleeps all day and night.
(b) Threatens to kill herself.
(c) Refuses to talk to anyone.
(d) Refuses to eat.
5. What happens when the Comte drinks a cup of dragon's blood?
(a) He spits it out.
(b) He collapses to the floor.
(c) He gains strength.
(d) He concludes he's immortal.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jamie has to leave for the local jail to help sort things out, who is left to care for Claire?
2. After Jamie reads a letter signed by James Stuart, what does he say?
3. What does Murtagh promise Jamie after apologizing for not protecting the women properly?
4. What country are Jamie and Claire barred from?
5. Claire assists Monsieur Forez in what?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)