|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused F'lar's pulse to quicken?
2. What was found to be effective?
3. Where and when are the Dragonmen going?
4. Why does Lessa think that the Southern Continent is a good place to set up a Weyr?
5. What does F'lar warn F'nor about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the elements in this story that make it a classic fantasy romance novel. What elements are action oriented? If you could put this book into a genre that would best describe it, what would that genre be?
Essay Topic 2
What was F'lar's ultimatum for R'gul after F'lar assumed the Weyrleader position? How did this succinctly eliminate all forms of rebellion within the Weyr and in R'gul? How is this an effective form of leadership?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways is a dragon similar to a pet? In what ways is it dramatically different? Compare having a dragon to any other pet. How would a dragon be an asset to your family, a burden?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)