|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the primary reason the Weyrpeople agreed to go forward in time?
2. What happens to R'gul to get him out of his trance?
3. What was found to be effective?
4. What did F'nor and Lessa NOT find when they arrived at the Southern Continent?
5. What else does Robinton suggest to everyone?
Essay Topic 1
Contrast F'lar and R'guls opinions of leadership. How do their feelings about things differ? In what ways are they similar? Who is the more effective leader in calm times? In tumultuous times? Do they differ at all? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the differences of opinions when it comes to the Wyerfolk and the Lords. What do each believe they are entitled to? What will make the difference in the end? How is it that the Weyr survives? Explain both opinions and use your essay to take a side in the conflict.
Essay Topic 3
How is Lessa the typical Harlequin romance heroine? How is she different? What elements of the story make Lessa appear more feminine?
This section contains 1,009 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)