|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the only bitter one at the Dragonmen's arrival from Pern of the Past?
2. What time is when all the warnings come apparent to Lessa?
3. What else does Robinton suggest to everyone?
4. What do Lessa and F'lar decide to do in light of the appearance of F'nor from the past?
5. What had F'lar discovered about Lessa?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Lessa the typical Harlequin romance heroine? How is she different? What elements of the story make Lessa appear more feminine?
Essay Topic 2
What does Fax's taste in women convey about his attitude towards women in general? How do you think he treats women, judging by the women in his Hold? In what ways is the way Fax treats his women criminal in our world? How do you think women would treat him here if he brought his attitude towards them with him?
Essay Topic 3
What kind of ruler is Fax? What kind of person is he? Create a personality description for Fax and compare it to any of the dictators or leaders in history. Explain similarities, and draw differences. Compare Fax to the Dragonmen.
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)