|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants to study the tapestry?
2. Who came to the door while F'lar was holding Lessa?
3. How is the second visit from F'nor of the past?
4. Why does Lessa think that the Southern Continent is a good place to set up a Weyr?
5. What things were NOT suggested at the meeting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did the Threads look like? What did they do? What did their life cycle consist of? How were they eliminated? What made them such an extreme threat?
Essay Topic 2
What was F'lar's ultimatum for R'gul after F'lar assumed the Weyrleader position? How did this succinctly eliminate all forms of rebellion within the Weyr and in R'gul? How is this an effective form of leadership?
Essay Topic 3
How has the decay of the Weyr presented the population of Pern with further problems that wouldn't have occurred if not for the flagrant disregard for the old traditions and ways? How does this mirror humanities decay? In what ways do you think that the Weyr provides the law to the people of Pern? What decides our laws?
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)