|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lytol tell Lessa to go?
2. What did Ramoth do constantly while Lessa was sleeping?
3. What was the primary reason the Weyrpeople agreed to go forward in time?
4. Why did Lessa spend more time persuading Kylara to be with the Queen egg?
5. What happens to R'gul to get him out of his trance?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast this book to any other fantasy novel you may have read. How does it compare and how does it differ? Compare protagonists and antagonists. Which has the most seemingly insurmountable obstacles? Which was harder to predict?
Essay Topic 2
Compare F'lar to any other hero that you have known about through movies or television. What do they have in common? What kind of things make them different? How is Lessa more of the hero in this book? How does F'lar support her?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the differences of opinions when it comes to the Wyerfolk and the Lords. What do each believe they are entitled to? What will make the difference in the end? How is it that the Weyr survives? Explain both opinions and use your essay to take a side in the conflict.
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)