|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What things were NOT suggested at the meeting?
2. Why was Lessa so shocked at having gone into the past?
3. What Ballad is quoted as being the source of information about queens riding against Threads?
4. Where does Lytol tell Lessa to go?
5. What happens to R'gul to get him out of his trance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did the Threads look like? What did they do? What did their life cycle consist of? How were they eliminated? What made them such an extreme threat?
Essay Topic 2
What parallels can you take from F'lars' suspension of the ancient traditions, and the traditions of the world today? How do you think the world could benefit from his example, or do you think that the world is better off following the ancient traditions of their cultures?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the elements in this story that make it a classic fantasy romance novel. What elements are action oriented? If you could put this book into a genre that would best describe it, what would that genre be?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)