|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did F'lar say would happen with Ramoth's clutch?
2. What conclusion do F'lar and Lessa come to?
3. What was the primary reason the Weyrpeople agreed to go forward in time?
4. Why does F'lar believe their ancestors chose to position Eye Rock and Finger Rock as they did?
5. Where does Lessa want to send Kylara?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the elements in this story that make it a classic fantasy romance novel. What elements are action oriented? If you could put this book into a genre that would best describe it, what would that genre be?
Essay Topic 2
What was F'lar's ultimatum for R'gul after F'lar assumed the Weyrleader position? How did this succinctly eliminate all forms of rebellion within the Weyr and in R'gul? How is this an effective form of leadership?
Essay Topic 3
What did the Threads look like? What did they do? What did their life cycle consist of? How were they eliminated? What made them such an extreme threat?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)