|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the Wyer people's main functions?
2. What was Fax reputed to be?
3. What was the final straw in the grievances of the Lords?
4. The watch-wher halted its course of action ___________________.
5. What is F'lar learning to recognize as Lessa at her worst?
Short Essay Questions
1. What becomes obvious that makes Lessa unique?
2. What stirring words does T'ton lay upon F'lar?
3. What made F'lar's wing one that people wanted to serve under?
4. Why does Weyrwoman pose more allure to Lessa than Lady of Ruatha?
5. What is F'lar's first plan to dealing with the Lords?
6. What was the point of Eye Rock?
7. Where was F'lar looking for the source of power that he felt?
8. Why did Ramoth have to be controlled?
9. What do Threads look like?
10. What two terms did Fax say he would renounce his claim on the Hold of Ruatha for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Contrast F'lar and R'guls opinions of leadership. How do their feelings about things differ? In what ways are they similar? Who is the more effective leader in calm times? In tumultuous times? Do they differ at all? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the elements in this story that make it a classic fantasy romance novel. What elements are action oriented? If you could put this book into a genre that would best describe it, what would that genre be?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Mardra with Lessa and Kylara. In what ways are the three similar and different? Who do you think is the best Weyrwoman and why?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)