|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the opportunity to Lessa in the Dragonmen's arrival?
2. What was Lessa's secret?
3. What is F'lar's first comment to her about Ramoth?
4. Who waited for Fax to finish eating before they started?
5. What color has Ramoth turned?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't the Watch-wher trumpet the alarm when Fax was invading, according to Lessa?
2. What does F'lar respond with to the Hold Lords?
3. Why does Lessa agree to support and listen to everything F'lar says?
4. What did Lessa caution the watch-wher to do?
5. What happened every time Ramoth was awake and around?
6. What makes dragon riders different from other men?
7. What was the heretic thought that Lessa caught herself thinking?
8. What occurred to Lessa when Ramoth was mating?
9. What could the dragons never understand?
10. Why is Lessa angry at F'lar?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways does Master Harper Robinson explain that all the Lords have only themselves to blame for the Thread threat, and its menace to Pern? Do you think he is correct? Why? Explain how you would act as a Lord or Lady of a Hold under this threat.
Essay Topic 2
How is Lessa the typical Harlequin romance heroine? How is she different? What elements of the story make Lessa appear more feminine?
Essay Topic 3
Compare F'lar to any other hero that you have known about through movies or television. What do they have in common? What kind of things make them different? How is Lessa more of the hero in this book? How does F'lar support her?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)