|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who waited for Fax to finish eating before they started?
2. What is the first thing Lessa must remember?
3. What is expected with the Red Star?
4. Why was Fax so angry with Ruatha?
5. Why is it important for the Dragonmen to have all the High Reaches?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the fledgling do before choosing Lessa?
2. What did Lessa caution the watch-wher to do?
3. Why was Mnementh and F'lar so mad when Lessa had gone between and out of their reach?
4. What did F'lar think about Lessa that calmed him down and caused him to smile?
5. What provoked F'lar's challenge of Fax, and why did he decline it?
6. What had made Lessa overconfident and what was the result of this?
7. What did Lessa try to do to confuse the dragonman?
8. What thought does F'lar have that he believes he must keep from Lessa?
9. What do all the Hold Lords agree upon?
10. Where was F'lar looking for the source of power that he felt?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Lessa the typical Harlequin romance heroine? How is she different? What elements of the story make Lessa appear more feminine?
Essay Topic 2
For each tradition F'lar broke, explain a possible reason why he did this. What does this say about his previous devotion to scripture and the traditions? Which do you think is more correct? Why?
Essay Topic 3
What kind of ruler is Fax? What kind of person is he? Create a personality description for Fax and compare it to any of the dictators or leaders in history. Explain similarities, and draw differences. Compare Fax to the Dragonmen.
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)