|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the dragonmen and the dragons feel?
(a) A change of air pressure
(b) A surge of power
(c) A mounting animosity
(d) A mounting storm
2. What is suggested that everyone else balks at?
(a) That F'lar should step up as Weyrleader
(b) That the Weyr demand tithes
(c) That the Weyr raid nearby Holds
(d) That the Weyr barter
3. What was Lessa's secret?
(a) That she could read the men's minds
(b) That she could control all the dragons in the Weyr
(c) That she could read the women's minds
(d) That she could hear all dragons in the Wyer
4. What is F'lar's first act as Weyrleader?
(a) To marry Lessa
(b) To feed Mnementh
(c) To no longer placate the lords
(d) To expel R'gul
5. What does F'lar convince the Lords of?
(a) All of these
(b) The immanence of a Thread outbreak
(c) Their duty to their tithes
(d) Their duty to clear all greenery from their Holds
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mnementh tell F'lar he ought to teach Lessa?
2. What is one of the Wyer people's main functions?
3. What does Fax call the Dragonmen?
4. What does Gemma tell F'lar?
5. What are Lytol's first words when he writes to Lessa?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Lessa caution the watch-wher to do?
2. What does Gemma reveal about herself to F'lar?
3. What happened every time Ramoth was awake and around?
4. What two terms did Fax say he would renounce his claim on the Hold of Ruatha for?
5. How did Ruatha Valley look before Fax came?
6. What did F'lar think about Lessa that calmed him down and caused him to smile?
7. Why does Lessa agree to support and listen to everything F'lar says?
8. Why doesn't R'gul want to demand tithings?
9. What did Lessa try to do to confuse the dragonman?
10. What had made Lessa overconfident and what was the result of this?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)