|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the sign that Mnementh would be alert at a moments notice?
(a) The tip of his tail was erect
(b) His wings were unfurled
(c) His tail remained upright
(d) He slept on his feet
2. What is the thing that Mnementh says that sobers F'lar and calms him down?
(a) That her punishment was years of oppression
(b) That Lessa will go between if provoked
(c) That she is willful and strong, the good makings of a Weyrwoman
(d) That she refuses to be outdone by the traditions
3. What is F'lar's first act as Weyrleader?
(a) To no longer placate the lords
(b) To expel R'gul
(c) To marry Lessa
(d) To feed Mnementh
4. Why is it important for the Dragonmen to have all the High Reaches?
(a) To prevent incidents
(b) To encourage resistance to tyranny
(c) To give the dragons a good place to roost
(d) To give them a good view
5. What does she wonder is the danger she had felt earlier?
(a) The Overseer
(c) The Dragonmen
(d) The Holdsman
6. What caused the overnight change in the Weyr?
(a) Ramoth and Lessa fighting
(b) Lessa kissing F'lar
(c) Mnementh mating with Ramoth, making F'lar Weyrleader
(d) The Lords finding out what K'nets' been doing
7. What is Lessa dressed in?
(c) Silver laced garments
8. What are the dragons permitted that they weren't before?
(a) To raid
(b) To go between without their riders
(c) To fly
9. What was F'lar that Fax was not?
(a) A Bully
10. How many Turns ago was the last presence of danger?
11. How did Lessa regard the air around F'lar?
12. What is Lessa doing when we first come back to her?
(a) Peeling potatoes
(b) Stirring sauce
(c) Cleaning dishes
(d) Shovelling ashes
13. What does Lessa do to the meal?
(a) Makes sure its poisonous
(b) Everything she can to make it inedible
(c) Everything she can to make it taste great
(d) Burns everything
14. Who does F'lar get to implement his plan?
15. Why does Lessa think F'lar's wing looks so smug?
(a) They've been hunting on their own
(b) None of these
(c) They've been feeding off grounds
(d) They've been eating from other fields
Short Answer Questions
1. What do ladies do first in the Wyer?
2. What was Lessa doing at the end of the chapter?
3. What was Lessa contemptuous of in regards to the other girls?
4. How many people arrived with the Lords?
5. What unsettled Manora?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)