|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with most of the fire lizard eggs Nabol has been trading?
2. What crime is Lord Meron suspected of?
3. What does Piemur use for fishing line?
4. What is the cause of Lord Meron's current illness?
5. Why does Master Robinton become irritated shortly after his arrival at Nabol?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sebell feel when he figures out that the drudge people are looking for is Piemur?
2. Why does Piemur fight wherries in Chapter 8?
3. How does Piemur feel when he learns that Lord Meron has more than his fair share of fire lizards?
4. How does Piemur take care of the cuts he sustains during his wilderness trip on the Southern Continent?
5. Describe how Sebell and Piemur are able to infiltrate Nabol.
6. What does Piemur find trapped under a female runner beast's corpse?
7. Why does Piemur put fish oil on his skin?
8. Why does Piemur disguise himself as a drudge once he is in Nabol?
9. Describe what the ships Piemur sees in Chapter 10 look like.
10. Why is Menolly so concerned over Piemur's disappearance from Nabol?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Piemur rarely seems interested in the opposite sex despite being a growing young man. When he comes across Sharra while on the Southern Continent, he is at first put off by her independent attitude. The two later become friends. Write an essay that explores Piemur's lack of desire for a significant other. Explain why Sharra represents a significant change in this aspect. Where does their relationship seem to be going by the end of the story? Explain your rationale by providing examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Harpers are respected by most of the people who live on Pern. Their skills are often requested for events at a Lord's Hold or a Weyr. Write an essay that explains why Harpers are valued. Include examples of times in the story when Piemur, Menolly, Sebell, or Master Robinton are required to perform at a specific function. Explain your rationale by providing examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Master Robinton is widely regarded as being the best Harper on Pern. Many people respect and look up to him. Write an essay that explains why he is so special to the people of Pern. Give details about his personal history as well as more contemporary events in his life. Explain why Menolly, Sebell, Piemur, and other characters regard him as they do. Explain your rationale by providing examples from the novel.
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)