|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the cause of Lord Meron's current illness?
2. What time of day does Piemur leave for Nabol in Chapter 6?
3. How does Piemur get from Nabol to the Southern Continent?
4. What is the first thing a new born fire lizard wants?
5. Who squeezes Menolly's hand as they enter the Main Hall of Nabol?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Piemur take care of the cuts he sustains during his wilderness trip on the Southern Continent?
2. Why is Menolly so concerned over Piemur's disappearance from Nabol?
3. Why does Master Robinton not hold Menolly to blame for Piemur's bad behavior in Nabol?
4. Describe Sharra's personality.
5. List five of the food items Piemur eats to survive while he is living in the wilderness of the Southern Continent.
6. How does Piemur feel when he learns that Lord Meron has more than his fair share of fire lizards?
7. Describe Deckter's personality and life according to Sebell.
8. How do the people of Nabol react to the news of Deckter being named heir to the city?
9. What is different about the plants on the Southern Continent as opposed to the rest of Pern?
10. Why do Lord Meron's quarters smell disgusting to Menolly and the others?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is an important aspect of Dragondrums. Menolly, Sebell, and Piemur are friends. In times of struggle, confusion, or sadness they are there for each other. Write an essay that explores the idea of friendship within the context of the story. Think about the times when friendship is the most important for the characters. Take into consideration where Menolly, Sebell, and Piemur would be without each other. Support your writing by using examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Harpers are respected by most of the people who live on Pern. Their skills are often requested for events at a Lord's Hold or a Weyr. Write an essay that explains why Harpers are valued. Include examples of times in the story when Piemur, Menolly, Sebell, or Master Robinton are required to perform at a specific function. Explain your rationale by providing examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 3
In Dragondrums there are several different ranks a character can acquire in their respective skill. Progressing from one rank to the next is seen as a badge of pride. It means moving up to the next level of skill. Write an essay that details what each rank of Harper is and what kind of duties a character of that rank is responsible for. Think about which characters are which ranks and include them in the essay. Make sure to include examples from the text to support your opinions.
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)