|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of food does Stupid eat?
2. Who does Master Robinton ask to send an urgent drum message out to the lords?
3. Who acts the least concerned about Piemur's disappearance?
4. What does Sebell think when he hears of the theft of the queen egg in Nabol?
5. What crawls over Piemur's legs at the beginning of Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Lord Meron's quarters smell disgusting to Menolly and the others?
2. Why does Piemur fight wherries in Chapter 8?
3. What does Piemur do when fire lizards find him as he is trying to escape Nabol with his prize?
4. Why are Menolly and Sebell sent to the Southern Continent?
5. What is Sebell's opinion of Lord Meron and his illness?
6. How do the people of Nabol react to the news of Deckter being named heir to the city?
7. What does Piemur find trapped under a female runner beast's corpse?
8. What is Piemur's physical condition like when he arrives on the Southern Continent?
9. What does Piemur do when he sees the six fire lizard egg pots in Lord Meron's room?
10. Why does Master Robinton not hold Menolly to blame for Piemur's bad behavior in Nabol?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Piemur is so desperate for a fire lizard egg that he steals one from Lord Meron. When his egg hatches, it ends up being the most prized of all fire lizard types, a golden queen. Write an essay that takes a side as to whether or not Piemur was justified in his theft. Explore his motives and ideas and include them in your writing. Provide examples from the novel to support your argument.
Essay Topic 2
Love is an element that runs strongly through the veins ofDragondrums. Many different characters share strong loving friendships and relationships throughout the story. Write an essay that explains why love is important in Dragondrums. Explore the different types of love the characters experience. Explain why the story would not be the same without love. Use examples from the book to support your writing.
Essay Topic 3
In Dragondrums there are several different ranks a character can acquire in their respective skill. Progressing from one rank to the next is seen as a badge of pride. It means moving up to the next level of skill. Write an essay that details what each rank of Harper is and what kind of duties a character of that rank is responsible for. Think about which characters are which ranks and include them in the essay. Make sure to include examples from the text to support your opinions.
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)