|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the cause of Lord Meron's current illness?
2. What type of animal does Piemur find on the jungle floor?
3. Who frets the most over Piemur's disappearance?
4. How many days does it take Lord Meron to die?
5. Who does Master Robinton ask to send an urgent drum message out to the lords?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Deckter's personality and life according to Sebell.
2. Describe what the ships Piemur sees in Chapter 10 look like.
3. Why does Piemur fight wherries in Chapter 8?
4. Why are Menolly and Sebell sent to the Southern Continent?
5. How does Piemur take care of the cuts he sustains during his wilderness trip on the Southern Continent?
6. Why does Piemur find himself in awe of the grubs that reside on the large plain that he comes across on the Southern Continent?
7. How does Piemur feel when he learns that Lord Meron has more than his fair share of fire lizards?
8. Why do Lord Meron's quarters smell disgusting to Menolly and the others?
9. Describe Sharra's personality.
10. What does Piemur do when he sees the six fire lizard egg pots in Lord Meron's room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Love is an element that runs strongly through the veins ofDragondrums. Many different characters share strong loving friendships and relationships throughout the story. Write an essay that explains why love is important in Dragondrums. Explore the different types of love the characters experience. Explain why the story would not be the same without love. Use examples from the book to support your writing.
Essay Topic 2
Harpers are respected by most of the people who live on Pern. Their skills are often requested for events at a Lord's Hold or a Weyr. Write an essay that explains why Harpers are valued. Include examples of times in the story when Piemur, Menolly, Sebell, or Master Robinton are required to perform at a specific function. Explain your rationale by providing examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 3
The main characters in Dragondrums are all Harpers. Each character has a specific musical skill in which they are talented. Write an essay that explains what music talents Menolly, Sebell, Piemur, and Master Robinton specialize in. Make sure to include details as to why each character excels in a particular area. Use examples from the text to support your rationale.
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)