|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Harper rank traditionally announces events and assignments at dinner time?
2. What does Piemur put on the sores he develops from riding the runner on his first mission?
3. Who comes to Piemur's rescue after he is injured?
4. What is the temperature like when a rider goes "between"?
5. Who is to blame for the problems at Nabol?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Piemur think of Sebell and Menolly's conduct together after Sebell returns?
2. What type of singing part is Piemur known for performing?
3. Why are some of the citizens of Benden Weyr unimpressed by one of the hatchling's choice of dragonrider?
4. Describe Menolly's personality.
5. What is the proper way to ride a runner beast?
6. How does Rocky act when he finds Piemur at the beginning of Chapter 4?
7. Why does Dirzan accost Piemur when he returns in Chapter 4?
8. What is the drum urgent message that is received at the beginning of Chapter 5?
9. How does Piemur feel when he sees Menolly playing with her fire lizards in Chapter 3?
10. How does Piemur manage to get extra bubbly pies during dinner time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Piemur lands on the Southern Continent, he is disoriented, tired, hungry, and thirsty. Yet, above all else, he takes care of his fire lizard egg. Write an essay that explains how Piemur is able to live for so long by himself on the Southern Continent. Why does he refuse to go for help? Explain the motivations and reasons he has for the actions he takes. Use examples from the book to support your writing.
Essay Topic 2
Love is an element that runs strongly through the veins ofDragondrums. Many different characters share strong loving friendships and relationships throughout the story. Write an essay that explains why love is important in Dragondrums. Explore the different types of love the characters experience. Explain why the story would not be the same without love. Use examples from the book to support your writing.
Essay Topic 3
Piemur is so desperate for a fire lizard egg that he steals one from Lord Meron. When his egg hatches, it ends up being the most prized of all fire lizard types, a golden queen. Write an essay that takes a side as to whether or not Piemur was justified in his theft. Explore his motives and ideas and include them in your writing. Provide examples from the novel to support your argument.
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)