|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Piemur act during the dinner scene?
2. What color dragon does F'nor ride on?
3. How long does Piemur have to ride his runner for on his first mission?
4. How does Dirzan treat Piemur when he finds him after he has been injured?
5. What is the temperature like when a rider goes "between"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Piemur feel when he sees Menolly playing with her fire lizards in Chapter 3?
2. How does Piemur manage to get bubbly pies from Silvina?
3. Describe Menolly's personality.
4. How does Silvina treat Piemur after his accident?
5. What does Piemur think of Menolly's voice when she sings in Chapter 4?
6. Describe what Master Olodkey looks like.
7. Why are some of the citizens of Benden Weyr unimpressed by one of the hatchling's choice of dragonrider?
8. Describe what the Drummer's quarters looks like.
9. What type of singing part is Piemur known for performing?
10. How does Piemur manage to get extra bubbly pies during dinner time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The world of Pern is unique in its development and construction. Magical dragons, fire lizards, and other creatures fly the skies. Thread is always a constant threat. Write an essay that details some of the finer points of the world of Pern. Include information about the different Weyrs, halls, and mineholds on the planet. Why are these locations important, and what do they supply for the people and creatures that live on Pern? Use the novel to help support your opinions and ideas.
Essay Topic 2
The emotional bond between a fire lizard and its owner is complex and strong. When it is time for a female to mate, the owner can feel her desire and strength. Write an essay that explores the bond that a fire lizard and its owner share in Dragondrums. List the different feelings the pair can experience together. Detail how the bond works and why it is significant. Explain your rationale by providing examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 3
The main characters in Dragondrums are all Harpers. Each character has a specific musical skill in which they are talented. Write an essay that explains what music talents Menolly, Sebell, Piemur, and Master Robinton specialize in. Make sure to include details as to why each character excels in a particular area. Use examples from the text to support your rationale.
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)