|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dirzan suggest Menolly take for a mission instead of Piemur in Chapter 4?
2. Who comes to steal Piemur away for his first mission?
3. What color is the runner Piemur rides on his first mission?
4. Which of the fire lizards has the task of watching over Piemur while he recovers?
5. What color hair does Master Olodkey have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of singing part is Piemur known for performing?
2. Why does Piemur become Master Olodkey's apprentice?
3. Describe what Master Olodkey looks like.
4. Describe how Piemur performs songs for the miners in Chapter 4.
5. Describe the injury Piemur sustains in Chapter 5.
6. Describe how Dirzan treats Piemur after his accident.
7. What is Master Robinton's opinion of Piemur when he returns from the minehold?
8. How does Piemur manage to get extra bubbly pies during dinner time?
9. Why does Piemur jump at the chance to get bubbly pies?
10. What is the proper way to ride a runner beast?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Men and women play different roles in the world of Pern. Very few women hold positions of power or prestige. Write an essay that explains why this is the case. In which instances do women hold power? What kind of training do they have to overcome to be able to compete with their male counterparts? Explain your rationale by providing examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Love is an element that runs strongly through the veins ofDragondrums. Many different characters share strong loving friendships and relationships throughout the story. Write an essay that explains why love is important in Dragondrums. Explore the different types of love the characters experience. Explain why the story would not be the same without love. Use examples from the book to support your writing.
Essay Topic 3
The families of Piemur, Menolly, and Sebell are rarely mentioned in Dragondrums. The information given is only touched upon in passing. Write an essay that explains what is known about the families of these characters. Where do they come from, and why are their family members significant? Explain why family plays such a small role in the Harper community. Use specific examples from the novel to support your argument.
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)