|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about Timiny is distinctive?
(a) His hands.
(b) His feet.
(c) His hair.
(d) His height.
2. What song does Menolly sing solo in Chapter 4?
(a) "Fire Lizard Song."
(b) "The Red Star Comes."
(c) "The Harper Lady."
(d) "Great Dragon Ballad."
3. What is the term for "a year" in the world of Pern?
(a) A Cycle.
(b) A Bend.
(c) A Turn.
(d) A Wind.
4. Who is Dirzan?
(a) Master Olodkey's apprentice.
(b) Master Olodkey's senior journeyman.
(c) Master Olodkey's senior apprentice.
(d) Master Olodkey's favorite journeyman.
5. What is the press in the Drummer's quarters used for?
(a) Playing songs.
(b) Printing out books.
(c) Shining the drums.
(d) Making sandwiches.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who exiled the Oldtimers?
2. Who sends the drum message at the beginning of Chapter 5?
3. What color dragon does F'nor ride on?
4. What does Sebell bring the Master Harper back from the Southern Continent?
5. What is Dirzan's conduct like when he first approaches Piemur?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Piemur performs songs for the miners in Chapter 4.
2. How does Piemur manage to get bubbly pies from Silvina?
3. How does Rocky act when he finds Piemur at the beginning of Chapter 4?
4. How does Silvina treat Piemur after his accident?
5. How does Piemur manage to get extra bubbly pies during dinner time?
6. What is Piemur's reaction to losing his singing voice?
7. What does Piemur think of Sebell and Menolly's conduct together after Sebell returns?
8. Why does Piemur become Master Olodkey's apprentice?
9. Describe Menolly's personality.
10. What type of singing part is Piemur known for performing?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)