|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many hours during the night is deemed "dead time"?
2. What is the name of the dragon Piemur rides in Chapter 4?
3. Who does Piemur sit between on his trip in Chapter 4?
(a) Master Olodkey and N'ton.
(b) Master Robinton and Menolly.
(c) Menolly and Sebell.
(d) N'ton and Sebell.
4. What color hair does Master Robinton have?
5. Who sends the drum message at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) N'ton the dragonrider.
(b) T'ron the Oldtimer.
(c) Master Robinton.
(d) Lord Meron of Nabol.
6. What does Dirzan accuse Piemur of in Chapter 4?
7. How many bubbly pies does Piemur consume during dinner?
8. What is the term for "a year" in the world of Pern?
(a) A Cycle.
(b) A Bend.
(c) A Wind.
(d) A Turn.
9. What is the name of the evil entity that the dragonriders fight?
10. Who is Menolly?
(a) Master Robinton's wife.
(b) A journeywoman at Harper Hall.
(c) Piemur's sister.
(d) A dragonrider from Benden.
11. Which valuable creatures can be found in Nabol?
(b) Fire lizards.
12. Who is the drum message at the beginning of Chapter 5 for?
(a) Master Olodkey.
(b) Master Oldive.
(c) Master Domick.
(d) Master Robinton.
13. How large are the Drummer's quarters?
(a) Six rooms.
(b) Four rooms.
(c) Two rooms.
(d) Ten rooms.
14. What type of jacket is Piemur sent to get?
(a) A plush jacket.
(b) A giantskin jacket.
(c) A wool jacket.
(d) A wherhide jacket.
15. Why does Master Robinton become displeased with Piemur in Chapter 4?
(a) Piemur disrespects the Oldtimers.
(b) Piemur makes assumptions about Sebell.
(c) Piemur sings badly.
(d) Piemur lies about Menolly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Menolly duet with at the Gather?
2. Who is Piemur's master at the start of the story?
3. Why does Piemur feel the need to defend his honor in Chapter 4?
4. What is Menolly's greatest talent?
5. How does Piemur feel when he arrives back at Harper Hall after his first mission?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)