|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the press in the Drummer's quarters used for?
(a) Making sandwiches.
(b) Shining the drums.
(c) Playing songs.
(d) Printing out books.
2. How large are the Drummer's quarters?
(a) Six rooms.
(b) Ten rooms.
(c) Two rooms.
(d) Four rooms.
3. What does Dirzan accuse Piemur of being in Chapter 5?
(a) A liar.
(b) A conniver.
(c) A selfish child.
(d) A thief.
4. What does Piemur blame his injury on?
(a) A horse.
5. Who is Sebell?
(a) A notorious thief.
(b) A young dragonrider.
(c) A journeyman at Harper Hall.
(d) An exiled Oldtimer.
6. Who does Dirzan suggest Menolly take for a mission instead of Piemur in Chapter 4?
7. What feature does Nabol lack?
(a) A shoreline.
8. How does Piemur react at dinner when he is assigned to Master Olodkey?
9. What color fire lizard does Sebell own?
10. How many children does Lord Meron have?
(a) Only a single child.
(d) A few.
11. Who comes to Piemur's rescue after he is injured?
12. Why does Piemur think that keeping drum messages secret is silly?
(a) Piemur does not care for drumming.
(b) The messages are relayed loudly.
(c) All masters and most journeymen can understand them already.
(d) The messages are unimportant.
13. Who is Camo?
(a) The ditch digger.
(b) The grave singer.
(c) The kitchen drudge.
(d) The stable boy.
14. Why does Piemur feel the need to defend his honor in Chapter 4?
(a) People think he is a "blabbermouth."
(b) No one thinks of him as a man.
(c) People doubt his skill as a drummer.
(d) People suspect him for being a thief.
15. Which Harper rank traditionally announces events and assignments at dinner time?
(a) An apprentice.
(b) A master.
(c) A journeyman.
(d) A senior journeyman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color dragon does F'nor ride on?
2. Who is Piemur's master at the start of the story?
3. What does Dirzan accuse Piemur of in Chapter 4?
4. Where does Piemur go on his first mission?
5. What is the name of Menolly's queen fire lizard?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)