|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shows the MAIT team members where to place their explosives to generate the maximum effect?
2. After he confronts Kamatori in the study, what weapon does Pitt take from Kamatori's wall?
3. How long is Pitt's mission to blow up the Dragon Center expected to take?
4. What do the Americans think will happen if the nuclear bomb aboard the Dennings' Demons is exploded underwater near the fault line?
5. How many hours does the President of the United States give Jordan's team to find and destroy Suma's control center?
Short Essay Questions
1. While the President is waiting to see if Pitt's mission is successful, Tsuboi contacts the President. What are Tsuboi's demands?
2. Why does Kamatori believe his mission to eliminate Pitt and Giordino's failed?
3. Why is Pitt not surprised when Jordan tries to sneak into his home and surprise Pitt?
4. What was the tensest moment of Pitt's mission to put the nuclear bomb into place?
5. When Kamatori reaches the cliff where Pitt had been and sees all of the blood, what does Kamatori believe?
6. Back at the house when he is selecting his next victim, why does Kamatori choose Fox instead of Weatherhill?
7. Why are Suma's technicians not alarmed when they find a decommissioned robot?
8. On Ajima Island, why is Kamatori being berated by Suma?
9. What role is planned for Pitt and Giordino as the MAIT team members get ready to destroy Suma's control center?
10. Even though the Kaiten Project cannot be detonated in simultaneous fashion until the codes are reprogrammed, why is it still dangerous?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast how the character of Dirk Pitt changes as the story progresses. Be sure to include your assessment of Pitt's character when he is first introduced in the story, after Loren has been abducted, when Pitt is captured on Ajima Island, and when Pitt sets out on his final mission. Use examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Craig Plunkett and Raul Salazar.
a) How are the two characters similar? How are they different?
b) What is revealed about each character as they are trapped aboard Old Gert awaiting either death or rescue?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characteristics, roles, loyalties, and agendas of the following people in the story: Hideki Suma, Raymond Jordan, Dirk Pitt, Stacy Fox, and Ichiro Tsuboi.
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)