|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the President of the United States insist that the Prime Minister of Japan do as punishment for his part in the Kaiten Project?
2. How far from the blast is Pitt when the nuclear bomb he moved into position near the fault line explodes?
3. When Admiral Sandecker meets up with Pitt and Giordino after Loren and Mike have been flown back to Washington, what does Sandecker bring with him?
4. In which newspaper does Dirk Pitt's obituary appear?
5. How many of their attackers do Pitt, Giordino, and Sandecker kill before leaving the store?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the robots not attack the three MAIT members when they enter Suma's control room?
2. What is Admiral Sandecker's plan for blowing up the nuclear device on Dennings' Demons?
3. After Dirk Pitt's obituary appears in the newspaper, Giordino and Sandecker are at Pitt's hangar. Why are the two men saddened?
4. What is the central concept driving Suma's plan to wreak havoc in the world and allow Japan to assume control?
5. Why does Pitt refuse to let Giordino accompany him into Big Ben and to the ocean floor?
6. Why is Pitt not surprised when Jordan tries to sneak into his home and surprise Pitt?
7. Why does Suma take Loren Smith and Mike Diaz for a tour of his island facility before sending them back to the United States?
8. After the MAIT members are captured on Suma's island, what does Suma share with his captives as they all dine together?
9. Why does Tsuboi decide to manually detonate at least one of the nuclear bomb cars?
10. Back at the house when he is selecting his next victim, why does Kamatori choose Fox instead of Weatherhill?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Suma's grand scheme does not use the nuclear devices hidden in the automobiles to destroy life. The simultaneous explosions have another purpose. Describe the result Suma hopes to achieve with the simultaneous nuclear explosions. Is this scenario likely in today's world? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Craig Plunkett and Raul Salazar.
a) How are the two characters similar? How are they different?
b) What is revealed about each character as they are trapped aboard Old Gert awaiting either death or rescue?
Essay Topic 3
The book is entitled, "Dragon." Why did the author choose this title? How does the title foreshadow the struggles the characters face, Suma's evil plot, the overarching political climate, and the determination of Pitt to save the world?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)