|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the time of the explosion, how many hours of oxygen do the people trapped on Old Gert have left?
2. How much time elapses between the explosion and the destruction of the Invincible?
3. After leaving the meeting room at Headquarters, who does Pitt call and invite to a meeting?
4. How far from Japan is the plane when it runs into mechanical problems?
5. Who does Pitt realize is a covert operative spying on Soggy Acres while en route to Washington D.C.?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Steen not inform Captain Korvold about the dangers aboard the Divine Star?
2. Why does Tsuboi decide to manually detonate at least one of the nuclear bomb cars?
3. Why is Old Gert not completely destroyed by the explosion as the two ships on the surface were?
4. Back at the house when he is selecting his next victim, why does Kamatori choose Fox instead of Weatherhill?
5. What additional steps must the ground crew take in order to load the nuclear bomb onto the Dennings' Demons?
6. Why do the robots not attack the three MAIT members when they enter Suma's control room?
7. How was Pitt able to put the robotic dogs out of commission?
8. How do Pitt and Giordino safely traverse the booby-trapped tunnel?
9. Why are Suma's technicians not alarmed when they find a decommissioned robot?
10. Why is Giordino so upset that Pitt is trapped on Old Gert?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pitt and Giordino can be seen as kindred spirits. Although they are not quite the same, they share a number of similarities. Identify and describe these similarities. Based on your discussion of their similarities, identify the ways these two men's similarities facilitate their understanding of each other and deepens their relationship.
Essay Topic 2
The book is entitled, "Dragon." Why did the author choose this title? How does the title foreshadow the struggles the characters face, Suma's evil plot, the overarching political climate, and the determination of Pitt to save the world?
Essay Topic 3
There are several characters introduced in the story who do not survive until the end of the story. Identify at least three people killed as the novel progresses. Compare and contrast each of these deaths, being sure to indicate which character died, how the character died, who was responsible for the death, and how the character's death affects the overall plot. What could have - or should have - been learned from each of these deaths by the other characters?
This section contains 1,654 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)