|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Pitt's mission is underway, how many of the bomb cars are still unaccounted for according to the U.S. Government's estimates?
2. After finding the Ajima painting in the treasure trove, where are Pitt and Giordino?
(a) United States.
3. Where do the five remaining members of MAIT meet to plan their attack on Ajima Island?
(a) On Palau.
(b) In Edo City.
(c) On Hawaii.
(d) In Berlin.
4. How far is Ajima Island from Edo City?
(a) 60 miles.
(b) 80 kilometers.
(c) 80 miles.
(d) 60 kilometers.
5. After being captured on Ajima Island, which two MAIT members are imprisoned together?
(a) Weatherhill and Fox.
(b) Pitt and Giordino.
(c) Giordino and Mancuso.
(d) Pitt and Fox.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pitt lock Giordino into in order to prevent Giordino from accompanying Pitt on their mission?
2. In what state is the nuclear bomb that the Japanese plan to detonate located?
3. Who is Suma's second-in-command on the island?
4. Under whose care is Toshie placed when the crisis is over?
5. Who owns the land that the nuclear bomb the Japanese plan to detonate is located on?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Pitt not surprised when Jordan tries to sneak into his home and surprise Pitt?
2. What is Admiral Sandecker's plan for blowing up the nuclear device on Dennings' Demons?
3. Why does Pitt refuse to let Giordino accompany him into Big Ben and to the ocean floor?
4. With Suma's capture by the Americans, why is the Kaiten Project now set back by several weeks?
5. Why does Suma take Loren Smith and Mike Diaz for a tour of his island facility before sending them back to the United States?
6. After Dirk Pitt's obituary appears in the newspaper, Giordino and Sandecker are at Pitt's hangar. Why are the two men saddened?
7. What does the person concealed in the Murmoto car think as the nuclear device is examined?
8. Why is Kamatori pleased that Pitt and Giordino have been given to Kamatori as a gift from Suma?
9. After the MAIT members are captured on Suma's island, what does Suma share with his captives as they all dine together?
10. Why do the robots not attack the three MAIT members when they enter Suma's control room?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)