|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pitt feel when the nuclear bomb explodes and he is trying to escape in Big Ben?
2. Tim Weatherhill is hiding an explosive device on his person. Where is he hiding the device?
(a) Under his hat.
(b) In his shoe.
(c) In his briefcase.
(d) In his jacket.
3. As Chapter 55 opens, Raymond Jordan and Donald Kern are waiting to hear if the MAIT team is successful. How much time is left before the next move must be made?
(a) 45 minutes.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) 75 minutes.
(d) 2 hours.
4. In which newspaper does Dirk Pitt's obituary appear?
(a) The Washington Post.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) The Washington Reader.
(d) The Los Angeles Time.
5. According to Sandecker's plan, how much time will Pitt and Giordino have to get away from the bomb after setting the timer before the bomb explodes?
(a) One hour.
(b) Three hours.
(c) Ninety minutes.
(d) Fifteen minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tsuboi known for?
2. As Chapter 55 opens, Raymond Jordan and Donald Kern are waiting to hear if the MAIT team is successful. What is scheduled to happen if they do not hear from the MAIT team?
3. On what day does Dirk Pitt's obituary appear in the newspaper?
4. What does Pitt lock Giordino into in order to prevent Giordino from accompanying Pitt on their mission?
5. How many automobiles is Furukawa picking up as Chapter 34 begins?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kamatori believe his mission to eliminate Pitt and Giordino's failed?
2. What was the tensest moment of Pitt's mission to put the nuclear bomb into place?
3. After the MAIT members are captured on Suma's island, what does Suma share with his captives as they all dine together?
4. Why are Suma's technicians not alarmed when they find a decommissioned robot?
5. On Ajima Island, why is Kamatori being berated by Suma?
6. What are Raymond Jordan's intentions concerning Hideki Suma?
7. What does the person concealed in the Murmoto car think as the nuclear device is examined?
8. What role is planned for Pitt and Giordino as the MAIT team members get ready to destroy Suma's control center?
9. Why is Kamatori pleased that Pitt and Giordino have been given to Kamatori as a gift from Suma?
10. Why does Suma take Loren Smith and Mike Diaz for a tour of his island facility before sending them back to the United States?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)