|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Pitt and Giordino allowed to take a little R & R time while awaiting the arrival of Admiral Sandecker after Loren and Mike have been flown back to Washington?
(a) Ajima Island.
(c) Wake Island.
(d) Washington D.C.
2. What is Tsuboi known for?
(a) His ruthlessness.
(b) His courage.
(c) His cunning.
(d) His planning.
3. How does Pitt feel when the nuclear bomb explodes and he is trying to escape in Big Ben?
4. What body part does Kamatori lose in the fight with Pitt?
(a) His nose.
(b) His ear.
(c) His foot.
(d) His hand.
5. Who argues with Suma after Suma asserts that America is full of criminals and drug addicts?
(a) Loren Smith.
(b) Tim Weatherhill.
(c) Al Giordino.
(d) Dirk Pitt.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state is the nuclear bomb that the Japanese plan to detonate located?
2. To what city are Loren Smith and Mike Diaz tracked to before the trail goes cold?
3. How long is Pitt's mission to blow up the Dragon Center expected to take?
4. How many men are in the ambulance that pursues Pitt and the others as they head for the Dulles airport?
5. As Chapter 62 opens, how is Dirk Pitt feeling?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Kamatori reaches the cliff where Pitt had been and sees all of the blood, what does Kamatori believe?
2. With Suma's capture by the Americans, why is the Kaiten Project now set back by several weeks?
3. Why do the robots not attack the three MAIT members when they enter Suma's control room?
4. While the President is waiting to see if Pitt's mission is successful, Tsuboi contacts the President. What are Tsuboi's demands?
5. Why are Suma's technicians not alarmed when they find a decommissioned robot?
6. Why is Pitt not surprised when Jordan tries to sneak into his home and surprise Pitt?
7. Why does Pitt refuse to let Giordino accompany him into Big Ben and to the ocean floor?
8. Why does Tsuboi decide to manually detonate at least one of the nuclear bomb cars?
9. Why is Kamatori pleased that Pitt and Giordino have been given to Kamatori as a gift from Suma?
10. On Ajima Island, why is Kamatori being berated by Suma?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)