|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his younger days, how deep had Pitt been able to free dive?
(a) 18 feet.
(b) 100 feet.
(c) 50 feet.
(d) 80 feet.
2. What is the name of the captain on the ship that authorizes sending the boarding party to explore the drifting ship?
(a) Captain Narvik.
(b) Captain Korvold.
(c) Captain Murmoto.
(d) Captain Salazar.
3. Under how many feet of water does the plane finally come to rest?
4. Which crewmember first hears the unexpected sounds?
5. What does Pitt find after running to the vehicle that he chased from the racetrack after Loren was abducted?
(a) The car is empty.
(b) Loren is injured.
(c) The driver is missing.
(d) Loren is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the photographer aboard the British survey vessel?
2. How many passengers aboard the Narvik survive the explosion's shock wave?
3. The abductors are carrying briefcases. What is in their briefcases?
4. What type of car is Loren Smith forced into when she is abducted?
5. How many cars are discovered to be missing from the inventory lists at the car company?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the men in the repaired submersible cut the habitation pod loose from the framework of Big John?
2. Why is the pod less buoyant than expected, so it does not reach the ocean surface?
3. What emotions does Dennings experience knowing that he and his crew have been selected to carry the nuclear device to Japan?
4. Why is Suma relatively unconcerned that the Divine Star blew up?
5. Upon hearing that the Senator has disappeared, what conclusion do Pitt, Sandecker, and Giordino reach?
6. When the excavators finally reach the tunnel and locate where they expected to find the treasure, what do they find?
7. What is Edo City?
8. When Jim Hanamura is late reporting in, Pitt is concerned. Why is Hanamura late checking in?
9. What does an entry in the abandoned ship's log alert the boarding party to?
10. What happens because of the nuclear explosion that forces the immediate release of the oceanographic team?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)