|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the meeting that takes place in Suma's office after the bugged painting has been installed, how many bomb cars are still en route to their destinations?
2. What is the name of the senator serving with Smith on the congressional subcommittee?
(a) Raymond Jordan.
(b) Mike Diaz.
(c) Damon Kern.
(d) Percy Nash.
3. In Chapter 31, what is the name of the farmer who discovers dozens of old turbo aircraft in a hidden bunker?
(a) Mr. Kaiten.
(b) Mr. Kamatori.
(c) Mr. Clausen.
(d) Mr. Orita.
4. How long do the rescuers initially intend to keep the oceanographic team prisoner in order to protect their secret project?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Twelve hours.
(c) Thirty days.
(d) Sixty days.
5. What is the name of the pilot aboard the British survey vessel's submersible?
(a) Stacy Fox.
(b) Jimmy Knox.
(c) Craig Plunkett.
(d) Oscar Steen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the submersible that descends to rescue the trapped oceanographic team?
2. What is the name of the photographer aboard the British survey vessel?
3. How many people aboard the first transport sub survive after the sub is hit by the junk ship?
4. How many ships like the Divine Star are headed to the United States?
5. When first spotted, about how far below the ocean's surface are Pitt and Plunkett?
Short Essay Questions
1. Upon hearing that the Senator has disappeared, what conclusion do Pitt, Sandecker, and Giordino reach?
2. When Dennings first sees the nuclear bomb, what does he think it looks like?
3. Why is Suma relatively unconcerned that the Divine Star blew up?
4. What additional steps must the ground crew take in order to load the nuclear bomb onto the Dennings' Demons?
5. Describe what the cruise ship looks like after the explosion occurs.
6. What does an entry in the abandoned ship's log alert the boarding party to?
7. After the first two transport subs have left Old Gert, what do the remaining people aboard Old Gert do?
8. When the excavators finally reach the tunnel and locate where they expected to find the treasure, what do they find?
9. What fleeting thought does Dennings have as he watches the nuclear bomb being loaded onto his aircraft?
10. Why does Craig Plunkett not simply shut off Old Gert's systems and let the crew members die as their oxygen supply dwindles down?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)