|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of plane shoots at the unsuspecting Dennings' Demons?
(a) An A6M.
(b) A Z250.
(c) A C-5.
(d) A B-29.
2. Which crewmember first hears the unexpected sounds?
3. How many cars are discovered to be missing from the inventory lists at the car company?
4. How much time elapses between the explosion and the destruction of the Invincible?
(a) Five seconds.
(b) Fifteen seconds.
(c) Two minutes.
5. What was the original time frame for the rescuers' secret project that is now compromised by the need to rescue the oceanographic team?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Six months.
(c) Nine months.
(d) Ninety days.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people aboard the first transport sub survive after the sub is hit by the junk ship?
2. How many ships like the Divine Star are headed to the United States?
3. In the subterranean room at Headquarters, who first approaches Pitt and tells him that they will be working together?
4. What state does Loren Smith represent in Congress?
5. What was the conclusion made at the end of the Presidential briefing regarding the explosion in the Western Pacific?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Pitt and Fox descend in the elevator to the subterranean, soundproofed room at Headquarters, why do Pitt's suspicions of Fox grow?
2. What anomaly is seen on satellite imagery as the satellite expert delivers his brief regarding the explosion aboard the Divine Star?
3. As Chapter 7 opens, the Old Gert's crew is barely alive. Why is carbon dioxide rapidly building up?
4. During the meeting at Headquarters, what does Pitt learn about the Soggy Acres project?
5. Why is Old Gert not completely destroyed by the explosion as the two ships on the surface were?
6. What additional steps must the ground crew take in order to load the nuclear bomb onto the Dennings' Demons?
7. Why is Suma relatively unconcerned that the Divine Star blew up?
8. Describe what the first transport sub expected to find when it reached the ocean surface.
9. Name three things that Tsuboi wants to see happen.
10. Describe what the cruise ship looks like after the explosion occurs.
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)