|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is aboard the first transport sub to leave Old Gert?
(a) Craig Plunkett.
(b) Stacy Fox.
(c) Al Giordino.
(d) Dirk Pitt.
2. What is the name of the British survey vessel's submersible?
(a) Old Beauty.
(b) The Invincible.
(c) Old Gert.
(d) The Fox.
3. After landing in Washington D.C., where are Pitt, Giordino, Fox, and Sandecker taken?
(a) The NUMA Headquarters.
(b) The Federal Bureau of Investigation.
(c) The CIA Headquarters.
(d) The Federal Headquarters building.
4. How much time elapses between the explosion and the destruction of the Invincible?
(a) Fifteen seconds.
(b) Five seconds.
(d) Two minutes.
5. What is the name of the plane that successfully drops a nuclear bomb on Japan?
(a) The Flashy Lady.
(b) The End Stage.
(c) The Dennings' Demons.
(d) The Enola Gay.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many cars are discovered to be missing from the inventory lists at the car company?
2. In the subterranean room at Headquarters, who first approaches Pitt and tells him that they will be working together?
3. How many times is Jim Hanamura shot when he is fleeing from Suma's men?
4. What area is NOT mentioned as one to which the bomb cars are being sent?
5. What is the name of the British survey vessel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the crew of the ship that happens upon the drifting vessel send a boarding party over to the apparently abandoned ship?
2. What is the central concept driving Suma's plan to wreak havoc in the world and allow Japan to assume control?
3. What are Raymond Jordan's intentions concerning Hideki Suma?
4. Back at the house when he is selecting his next victim, why does Kamatori choose Fox instead of Weatherhill?
5. Name three things that Tsuboi wants to see happen.
6. Why is the salvage operation of the Divine Star put on hold?
7. What additional steps must the ground crew take in order to load the nuclear bomb onto the Dennings' Demons?
8. What fleeting thought does Dennings have as he watches the nuclear bomb being loaded onto his aircraft?
9. What emotions does Dennings experience knowing that he and his crew have been selected to carry the nuclear device to Japan?
10. When Kamatori reaches the cliff where Pitt had been and sees all of the blood, what does Kamatori believe?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)