|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who aboard the Dennings' Demon is killed by the attacking patrol plane?
(a) The communications officer.
(b) The pilot.
(c) The bombardier.
(d) The tail gunner.
2. What type of car is Loren Smith forced into when she is abducted?
(a) A Stutz.
(b) A Lincoln.
(c) A Mercedes.
(d) A Murmoto.
3. According to the meeting that takes place in Suma's office after the bugged painting has been installed, how many bomb cars are still en route to their destinations?
4. How many passengers aboard the Invincible survive the explosion's shock wave?
5. As Chapter 7 begins, how long has the Old Gert crew been stranded at the bottom of the ocean?
(a) Eleven and a half hours.
(b) Six hours.
(c) Eight hours.
(d) Thirteen and a half hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the second transport sub not return to Old Gert to rescue Pitt and Plunkett?
2. What do the crew members hear that makes them think they are hallucinating?
3. What is the name of the submersible that descends to rescue the trapped oceanographic team?
4. To whom does Giordino tell the news when he realizes Pitt is trapped on Old Gert?
5. According to the Presidential briefing, how many submarines were in the area when the explosion in the Western Pacific occurred?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Suma relatively unconcerned that the Divine Star blew up?
2. On Ajima Island, why is Kamatori being berated by Suma?
3. Even though the Kaiten Project cannot be detonated in simultaneous fashion until the codes are reprogrammed, why is it still dangerous?
4. What is the purpose of the congressional subcommittee that Loren Smith serves on?
5. After Dirk Pitt's obituary appears in the newspaper, Giordino and Sandecker are at Pitt's hangar. Why are the two men saddened?
6. After the first two transport subs have left Old Gert, what do the remaining people aboard Old Gert do?
7. Why does Pitt refuse to let Giordino accompany him into Big Ben and to the ocean floor?
8. What is unique about the identity of the person Pitt races against at the track while Loren is being abducted?
9. Upon hearing that the Senator has disappeared, what conclusion do Pitt, Sandecker, and Giordino reach?
10. Describe what the cruise ship looks like after the explosion occurs.
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)