|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After landing in Washington D.C., where are Pitt, Giordino, Fox, and Sandecker taken?
(a) The Federal Headquarters building.
(b) The NUMA Headquarters.
(c) The Federal Bureau of Investigation.
(d) The CIA Headquarters.
2. Who is aboard the first transport sub to leave Old Gert?
(a) Al Giordino.
(b) Dirk Pitt.
(c) Craig Plunkett.
(d) Stacy Fox.
3. What is the name of the satellite photo expert in Washington?
(a) David DeLuca.
(b) Adam Morton.
(c) Raymond Jordan.
(d) Curtis Meeker.
4. How much time elapses between the explosion and the destruction of the Invincible?
(a) Fifteen seconds.
(c) Five seconds.
(d) Two minutes.
5. How many cars are discovered to be missing from the inventory lists at the car company?
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Giordino tell the news when he realizes Pitt is trapped on Old Gert?
2. Under how many feet of water does the plane finally come to rest?
3. What does Suma call the people he has recruited in the United States to spy for him when needed?
4. What is Dirk Pitt's most passionate hobby?
5. According to the Presidential briefing, how many ships were in the area when the explosion in the Western Pacific occurred?
Short Essay Questions
1. Upon hearing that the Senator has disappeared, what conclusion do Pitt, Sandecker, and Giordino reach?
2. Why do the men in the repaired submersible cut the habitation pod loose from the framework of Big John?
3. What does an entry in the abandoned ship's log alert the boarding party to?
4. What is the purpose of the congressional subcommittee that Loren Smith serves on?
5. What is unique about the identity of the person Pitt races against at the track while Loren is being abducted?
6. Why does the crew of the ship that happens upon the drifting vessel send a boarding party over to the apparently abandoned ship?
7. What happens because of the nuclear explosion that forces the immediate release of the oceanographic team?
8. Within minutes of boarding the abandoned ship, what symptoms do the boarding party members begin to experience?
9. What is Edo City?
10. When Jim Hanamura is late reporting in, Pitt is concerned. Why is Hanamura late checking in?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)