|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What problem do warning lights indicate that Pitt and Plunkett have aboard Big John?
(a) A pinhole leak.
(b) A carbon dioxide overload.
(c) An oxygen shortage.
(d) A fuel leak.
2. What is the name of the ship that happens upon the drifting ship and sends a boarding party over?
(a) The Salazar.
(b) The Narvik.
(c) The Korvold.
(d) The Murmoto.
3. To what port was the drifting ship originally headed?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) New York.
(c) New Orleans.
4. How much time elapses between the explosion and the sinking of the Narvik?
(a) Two minutes.
(b) Five minutes.
(d) Twelve minutes.
5. What is Conrow Guyot?
(a) The nuclear shipment's origination point.
(b) The nuclear plan's code name.
(c) The name of the submarine rescuing Pitt and Plunkett.
(d) Pitt and Plunkett's destination.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the person going to the car company claim to be from in order to access the car company's files?
2. How many passengers aboard the Narvik survive the explosion's shock wave?
3. How long does it take Pitt and Plunkett to reach the mountain summit they are headed for?
4. How much time elapses between the explosion and the destruction of the Invincible?
5. What is the nationality of the ship that runs over the first transport sub from Old Gert?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Jim Hanamura is late reporting in, Pitt is concerned. Why is Hanamura late checking in?
2. As Chapter 7 opens, the Old Gert's crew is barely alive. Why is carbon dioxide rapidly building up?
3. What does an entry in the abandoned ship's log alert the boarding party to?
4. What is the purpose of the congressional subcommittee that Loren Smith serves on?
5. Why do the men in the repaired submersible cut the habitation pod loose from the framework of Big John?
6. As Pitt and Giordino accompany Admiral Sandecker to Washington, why does Pitt grow increasing angry with the Admiral?
7. What fleeting thought does Dennings have as he watches the nuclear bomb being loaded onto his aircraft?
8. Why does Steen not inform Captain Korvold about the dangers aboard the Divine Star?
9. Why is Giordino so upset that Pitt is trapped on Old Gert?
10. Within minutes of boarding the abandoned ship, what symptoms do the boarding party members begin to experience?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)