|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After learning that both the Congresswoman and Senator have been abducted, who do Pitt, Sandecker, and Giordino also learn has been abducted?
(a) Jimmy Knox.
(b) Hideki Suma.
(c) Roy Orita.
(d) Marvin Showalter.
2. What is the name of the treasure the men in the Philippines are searching for?
(a) Semanara's Gold.
(b) Yamashita's Gold.
(c) Suma's Gold.
(d) Hitler's Gold.
3. How far from Japan is the plane when it runs into mechanical problems?
(a) 500 miles.
(b) 50 miles.
(c) 30 miles.
(d) 300 miles.
4. How many pounds overweight is the Dennings' Demons when it takes off?
5. Who shoots the car aboard the Divine Star?
(a) Captain Korvold.
(b) Jimmy Knox.
(c) Stacy Fox.
(d) Oscar Steen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the British survey vessel's submersible?
2. What is predicted to occur within twelve hours of the oceanographic team's rescue?
3. Who aboard the Dennings' Demon is killed by the attacking patrol plane?
4. Who was NOT among the people to survive the explosion?
5. How many passengers aboard the Narvik survive the explosion's shock wave?
Short Essay Questions
1. What additional steps must the ground crew take in order to load the nuclear bomb onto the Dennings' Demons?
2. Why is the pod less buoyant than expected, so it does not reach the ocean surface?
3. What is the mission of the British survey vessel in the Western Pacific?
4. What is unique about the identity of the person Pitt races against at the track while Loren is being abducted?
5. Name three things that Tsuboi wants to see happen.
6. Upon hearing that the Senator has disappeared, what conclusion do Pitt, Sandecker, and Giordino reach?
7. Why does the crew of the ship that happens upon the drifting vessel send a boarding party over to the apparently abandoned ship?
8. When the excavators finally reach the tunnel and locate where they expected to find the treasure, what do they find?
9. When Dennings first sees the nuclear bomb, what does he think it looks like?
10. Why is Old Gert not completely destroyed by the explosion as the two ships on the surface were?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)