|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many cars are discovered to be missing from the inventory lists at the car company?
2. How long can the British survey vessel's submersible support a crew of three people?
(a) 48 hours.
(b) 36 hours.
(c) 17 hours.
(d) 24 hours.
3. What was the conclusion made at the end of the Presidential briefing regarding the explosion in the Western Pacific?
(a) An act of aggression occurred and the United States will retaliate.
(b) The explosion was accidental.
(c) Nuclear devices are headed to the United States.
(d) The FBI will lead the investigation.
4. In his younger days, how deep had Pitt been able to free dive?
(a) 80 feet.
(b) 18 feet.
(c) 50 feet.
(d) 100 feet.
5. What is the name of the man piloting the submersible that rescues the trapped oceanographic team?
(a) Clive Cussler.
(b) Raul Salazar.
(c) Dirk Pitt.
(d) Al Giordino.
Short Answer Questions
1. After landing in Washington D.C., where are Pitt, Giordino, Fox, and Sandecker taken?
2. At the time of the explosion, how many hours of oxygen do the people trapped on Old Gert have left?
3. Where was the nuclear bomb created?
4. What is the real name of the art specialist who met with Suma in Edo City?
5. What is the name of the pilot who successfully drops a nuclear bomb on Japan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Upon hearing that the Senator has disappeared, what conclusion do Pitt, Sandecker, and Giordino reach?
2. Why do the men in the repaired submersible cut the habitation pod loose from the framework of Big John?
3. Why is the pod less buoyant than expected, so it does not reach the ocean surface?
4. Why does Steen not inform Captain Korvold about the dangers aboard the Divine Star?
5. What is the Yasukuni shrine?
6. What is Edo City?
7. After the first two transport subs have left Old Gert, what do the remaining people aboard Old Gert do?
8. As Pitt and Giordino accompany Admiral Sandecker to Washington, why does Pitt grow increasing angry with the Admiral?
9. Name three things that Tsuboi wants to see happen.
10. What happens because of the nuclear explosion that forces the immediate release of the oceanographic team?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)