|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Presidential briefing, how many submarines were in the area when the explosion in the Western Pacific occurred?
2. Who was NOT among the people to survive the explosion?
(a) Stacy Fox.
(b) Jimmy Knox.
(c) Raul Salazar.
(d) Oscar Steen.
3. In his younger days, how deep had Pitt been able to free dive?
(a) 80 feet.
(b) 18 feet.
(c) 50 feet.
(d) 100 feet.
4. When first spotted, about how far below the ocean's surface are Pitt and Plunkett?
(a) 100 meters.
(b) 50 meters.
(c) 30 meters.
(d) 300 meters.
5. What was NOT damaged on Old Gert?
(a) The propulsion system.
(b) The communications system.
(c) The air intake system.
(d) The battery system.
Short Answer Questions
1. While speculating about Loren's abduction, who else does Pitt learn has disappeared?
2. What is the name of the secret project that the rescuers are working on?
3. What is the name of the plot involving the automobile bomb shipments?
4. Who has been recruited by Suma to take delivery of specific cars from the incoming ships?
5. Who is in charge of the meeting that takes place at Headquarters?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what the cruise ship looks like after the explosion occurs.
2. What happens because of the nuclear explosion that forces the immediate release of the oceanographic team?
3. When the excavators finally reach the tunnel and locate where they expected to find the treasure, what do they find?
4. Why is the salvage operation of the Divine Star put on hold?
5. As Pitt and Fox descend in the elevator to the subterranean, soundproofed room at Headquarters, why do Pitt's suspicions of Fox grow?
6. Describe what the first transport sub expected to find when it reached the ocean surface.
7. Why does Steen not want the Captain to send another boarding party to the Divine Star?
8. What is the Yasukuni shrine?
9. What emotions does Dennings experience knowing that he and his crew have been selected to carry the nuclear device to Japan?
10. What fleeting thought does Dennings have as he watches the nuclear bomb being loaded onto his aircraft?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)