|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which crewmember first hears the unexpected sounds?
2. Where was the nuclear bomb created?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) Edwards Air Force Base.
(c) Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
(d) Los Alamos.
3. How much time elapses between the explosion and the destruction of the Invincible?
(a) Fifteen seconds.
(b) Two minutes.
(d) Five seconds.
4. What is the nationality of the ship that runs over the first transport sub from Old Gert?
5. Who is aboard the second transport sub to leave Old Gert?
(a) Dirk Pitt.
(b) Al Giordino.
(c) Craig Plunkett.
(d) Stacy Fox.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many ships like the Divine Star are already docked at United States' ports?
2. After leaving the meeting room at Headquarters, who does Pitt call and invite to a meeting?
3. What is MAIT?
4. What state does Loren Smith represent in Congress?
5. What is Conrow Guyot?
Short Essay Questions
1. What anomaly is seen on satellite imagery as the satellite expert delivers his brief regarding the explosion aboard the Divine Star?
2. As Chapter 7 opens, the Old Gert's crew is barely alive. Why is carbon dioxide rapidly building up?
3. What is the Yasukuni shrine?
4. Within minutes of boarding the abandoned ship, what symptoms do the boarding party members begin to experience?
5. What emotions does Dennings experience knowing that he and his crew have been selected to carry the nuclear device to Japan?
6. When Dennings first sees the nuclear bomb, what does he think it looks like?
7. Name three things that Tsuboi wants to see happen.
8. During the meeting at Headquarters, what does Pitt learn about the Soggy Acres project?
9. Upon hearing that the Senator has disappeared, what conclusion do Pitt, Sandecker, and Giordino reach?
10. What additional steps must the ground crew take in order to load the nuclear bomb onto the Dennings' Demons?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)