|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is NOT present when the abduction of Loren Smith is attempted?
(a) Dirk Pitt.
(b) Al Giordino.
(c) Frank Mancuso.
(d) Admiral Sandecker.
2. Where does the person going to the car company claim to be from in order to access the car company's files?
(a) The State Department.
(b) The Washington Police Department.
(c) The FBI.
(d) The Commerce Department.
3. What is the name of the captain on the ship that authorizes sending the boarding party to explore the drifting ship?
(a) Captain Murmoto.
(b) Captain Korvold.
(c) Captain Salazar.
(d) Captain Narvik.
4. Who goes to the car company and discovers the missing inventory of cars?
(a) Dirk Pitt.
(b) Frank Mancuso.
(c) Raymond Jordan.
(d) Al Giordino.
5. According to the Presidential briefing, how many ships were in the area when the explosion in the Western Pacific occurred?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many passengers aboard the Invincible survive the explosion's shock wave?
2. What is the name of the navigation officer who pinpoints the source of music for Admiral Sandecker aboard the nuclear submarine?
3. What is the name of the plot involving the automobile bomb shipments?
4. What is the name of the ship that happens upon the drifting ship and sends a boarding party over?
5. What is the name of the man piloting the submersible that rescues the trapped oceanographic team?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Chapter 7 opens, the Old Gert's crew is barely alive. Why is carbon dioxide rapidly building up?
2. Upon hearing that the Senator has disappeared, what conclusion do Pitt, Sandecker, and Giordino reach?
3. As Pitt and Giordino accompany Admiral Sandecker to Washington, why does Pitt grow increasing angry with the Admiral?
4. Why is Suma relatively unconcerned that the Divine Star blew up?
5. Why does the crew of the ship that happens upon the drifting vessel send a boarding party over to the apparently abandoned ship?
6. When Dennings first sees the nuclear bomb, what does he think it looks like?
7. Why is Giordino so upset that Pitt is trapped on Old Gert?
8. What fleeting thought does Dennings have as he watches the nuclear bomb being loaded onto his aircraft?
9. What is the mission of the British survey vessel in the Western Pacific?
10. As Pitt and Fox descend in the elevator to the subterranean, soundproofed room at Headquarters, why do Pitt's suspicions of Fox grow?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)