|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many automobiles are aboard the drifting ship?
2. What is the name of the British survey vessel?
(a) Old Beauty.
(b) The Fox.
(c) The Invincible.
(d) Old Gert.
3. How much time elapses between the explosion and the destruction of the Invincible?
(a) Two minutes.
(c) Five seconds.
(d) Fifteen seconds.
4. After landing in Washington D.C., where are Pitt, Giordino, Fox, and Sandecker taken?
(a) The Federal Headquarters building.
(b) The CIA Headquarters.
(c) The Federal Bureau of Investigation.
(d) The NUMA Headquarters.
5. Which crewmember simply wants to turn the remaining systems off and die?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helped design the British survey vessel's submersible?
2. What is the name of the secret project that the rescuers are working on?
3. What state does Loren Smith represent in Congress?
4. What is the real name of the art specialist who met with Suma in Edo City?
5. Where was the nuclear bomb created?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does an entry in the abandoned ship's log alert the boarding party to?
2. What fleeting thought does Dennings have as he watches the nuclear bomb being loaded onto his aircraft?
3. What is unique about the identity of the person Pitt races against at the track while Loren is being abducted?
4. When Dennings first sees the nuclear bomb, what does he think it looks like?
5. Why is Giordino so upset that Pitt is trapped on Old Gert?
6. Why does the crew of the ship that happens upon the drifting vessel send a boarding party over to the apparently abandoned ship?
7. What is the purpose of the congressional subcommittee that Loren Smith serves on?
8. Why is the pod less buoyant than expected, so it does not reach the ocean surface?
9. When the excavators finally reach the tunnel and locate where they expected to find the treasure, what do they find?
10. Describe what the first transport sub expected to find when it reached the ocean surface.
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)