|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the ship that happens upon the drifting ship and sends a boarding party over?
(a) The Murmoto.
(b) The Korvold.
(c) The Narvik.
(d) The Salazar.
2. How long does it take Pitt and Plunkett to reach the mountain summit they are headed for?
(a) 12 hours.
(b) 10 hours.
(c) 18 hours.
(d) 22 hours.
3. Who calls Pitt at home and declares his confidence that the nuclear bombs will be found within a month?
(a) Admiral Sandecker.
(b) Al Giordino.
(c) Mike Diaz.
(d) Raymond Jordan.
4. How many ships like the Divine Star are headed to the United States?
5. What area is NOT mentioned as one to which the bomb cars are being sent?
(b) South America.
(c) The United States.
(d) The Soviet Union.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Conrow Guyot?
2. How many people aboard the first transport sub survive after the sub is hit by the junk ship?
3. How far from Japan is the plane when it runs into mechanical problems?
4. While speculating about Loren's abduction, who else does Pitt learn has disappeared?
5. Who shoots the car aboard the Divine Star?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens because of the nuclear explosion that forces the immediate release of the oceanographic team?
2. Name three things that Tsuboi wants to see happen.
3. Why does Steen not want the Captain to send another boarding party to the Divine Star?
4. Why is Pitt not surprised when Jordan tries to sneak into his home and surprise Pitt?
5. What is the central concept driving Suma's plan to wreak havoc in the world and allow Japan to assume control?
6. When the excavators finally reach the tunnel and locate where they expected to find the treasure, what do they find?
7. Within minutes of boarding the abandoned ship, what symptoms do the boarding party members begin to experience?
8. On Ajima Island, why is Kamatori being berated by Suma?
9. Why do the men in the repaired submersible cut the habitation pod loose from the framework of Big John?
10. Why do the robots not attack the three MAIT members when they enter Suma's control room?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)