|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the real name of the art specialist who met with Suma in Edo City?
(a) Masaki Shimzu.
(b) James Hanamura.
(c) Roy Orita.
(d) Kamatori Yoshishu.
2. According to what the U.S. intelligence agencies have learned, what type of automobiles are being used to smuggle in the nuclear devices?
3. What is the name of the submersible that descends to rescue the trapped oceanographic team?
(a) Big Ben.
(b) Big Larry.
(c) Big John.
(d) Big Man.
4. What is the name of the British survey vessel's submersible?
(a) The Invincible.
(b) Old Gert.
(c) Old Beauty.
(d) The Fox.
5. What is Dirk Pitt's most passionate hobby?
(a) Collecting artwork.
(b) Collecting antique swords.
(c) Collecting old coins.
(d) Collecting vintage cars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the British survey vessel?
2. What is the name of the treasure the men in the Philippines are searching for?
3. At the time of the explosion, how many hours of oxygen do the people trapped on Old Gert have left?
4. What was NOT damaged on Old Gert?
5. In his younger days, how deep had Pitt been able to free dive?
Short Essay Questions
1. Within minutes of boarding the abandoned ship, what symptoms do the boarding party members begin to experience?
2. What happens because of the nuclear explosion that forces the immediate release of the oceanographic team?
3. What fleeting thought does Dennings have as he watches the nuclear bomb being loaded onto his aircraft?
4. Why is the salvage operation of the Divine Star put on hold?
5. Why do the men in the repaired submersible cut the habitation pod loose from the framework of Big John?
6. What is the mission of the British survey vessel in the Western Pacific?
7. As Chapter 7 opens, the Old Gert's crew is barely alive. Why is carbon dioxide rapidly building up?
8. Why is Old Gert not completely destroyed by the explosion as the two ships on the surface were?
9. After the first two transport subs have left Old Gert, what do the remaining people aboard Old Gert do?
10. Why does the crew of the ship that happens upon the drifting vessel send a boarding party over to the apparently abandoned ship?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)