|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is aboard the second transport sub to leave Old Gert?
(a) Dirk Pitt.
(b) Al Giordino.
(c) Craig Plunkett.
(d) Stacy Fox.
2. What is Dirk Pitt's most passionate hobby?
(a) Collecting antique swords.
(b) Collecting artwork.
(c) Collecting old coins.
(d) Collecting vintage cars.
3. Who goes to the car company and discovers the missing inventory of cars?
(a) Frank Mancuso.
(b) Al Giordino.
(c) Dirk Pitt.
(d) Raymond Jordan.
4. What type of plane shoots at the unsuspecting Dennings' Demons?
(a) A Z250.
(b) An A6M.
(c) A B-29.
(d) A C-5.
5. While speculating about Loren's abduction, who else does Pitt learn has disappeared?
(a) Jim Hanamura.
(b) Hideki Suma.
(c) Admiral Sandecker.
(d) Mike Diaz.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the plane that successfully drops a nuclear bomb on Japan?
2. What is the name of the man piloting the submersible that rescues the trapped oceanographic team?
3. According to the Presidential briefing, how many submarines were in the area when the explosion in the Western Pacific occurred?
4. What is the name of the captain on the ship that authorizes sending the boarding party to explore the drifting ship?
5. Who does Pitt realize is a covert operative spying on Soggy Acres while en route to Washington D.C.?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what the cruise ship looks like after the explosion occurs.
2. As Chapter 7 opens, the Old Gert's crew is barely alive. Why is carbon dioxide rapidly building up?
3. Why is the salvage operation of the Divine Star put on hold?
4. Why does Steen not want the Captain to send another boarding party to the Divine Star?
5. Why does Steen not inform Captain Korvold about the dangers aboard the Divine Star?
6. What anomaly is seen on satellite imagery as the satellite expert delivers his brief regarding the explosion aboard the Divine Star?
7. Why is Giordino so upset that Pitt is trapped on Old Gert?
8. Why does the crew of the ship that happens upon the drifting vessel send a boarding party over to the apparently abandoned ship?
9. Why does Craig Plunkett not simply shut off Old Gert's systems and let the crew members die as their oxygen supply dwindles down?
10. As Pitt and Giordino accompany Admiral Sandecker to Washington, why does Pitt grow increasing angry with the Admiral?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)