|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people are stranded aboard Old Gert?
2. How many cars are discovered to be missing from the inventory lists at the car company?
3. Which crewmember simply wants to turn the remaining systems off and die?
4. What problem do warning lights indicate that Pitt and Plunkett have aboard Big John?
(a) An oxygen shortage.
(b) A fuel leak.
(c) A pinhole leak.
(d) A carbon dioxide overload.
5. As Chapter 7 begins, how long has the Old Gert crew been stranded at the bottom of the ocean?
(a) Eight hours.
(b) Eleven and a half hours.
(c) Thirteen and a half hours.
(d) Six hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time elapses between the explosion and the sinking of the Narvik?
2. Who has been recruited by Suma to take delivery of specific cars from the incoming ships?
3. What is the nationality of the ship that runs over the first transport sub from Old Gert?
4. What was NOT damaged on Old Gert?
5. How many times is Jim Hanamura shot when he is fleeing from Suma's men?
Short Essay Questions
1. What emotions does Dennings experience knowing that he and his crew have been selected to carry the nuclear device to Japan?
2. Why does Steen not inform Captain Korvold about the dangers aboard the Divine Star?
3. What is Edo City?
4. As Chapter 7 opens, the Old Gert's crew is barely alive. Why is carbon dioxide rapidly building up?
5. What is unique about the identity of the person Pitt races against at the track while Loren is being abducted?
6. What fleeting thought does Dennings have as he watches the nuclear bomb being loaded onto his aircraft?
7. Why is the pod less buoyant than expected, so it does not reach the ocean surface?
8. What is the Yasukuni shrine?
9. After the first two transport subs have left Old Gert, what do the remaining people aboard Old Gert do?
10. Why is Old Gert not completely destroyed by the explosion as the two ships on the surface were?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)