|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Presidential briefing, how many submarines were in the area when the explosion in the Western Pacific occurred?
2. To whom does Giordino tell the news when he realizes Pitt is trapped on Old Gert?
(a) Ensign Sandecker.
(b) Captain Sandecker.
(c) Admiral Sandecker.
(d) Corporal Sandecker.
3. Who goes to the car company and discovers the missing inventory of cars?
(a) Raymond Jordan.
(b) Frank Mancuso.
(c) Dirk Pitt.
(d) Al Giordino.
4. What mechanical problem does the Dennings' Demons experience?
(a) A radar error.
(b) An overheating control panel.
(c) A fuel line leak.
(d) An overheating engine.
5. Who is in charge of the meeting that takes place at Headquarters?
(a) Raymond Jordan.
(b) Admiral Sandecker.
(c) Frank Mancuso.
(d) Dirk Pitt.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the meeting that takes place in Suma's office after the bugged painting has been installed, how long will it be before every car is in place?
2. Who helped design the British survey vessel's submersible?
3. Who is aboard the repaired submersible that tries to rescue Pitt and Plunkett?
4. What is the name of the British survey vessel?
5. How far from the drifting ship is the British survey vessel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Pitt refuse to let Giordino accompany him into Big Ben and to the ocean floor?
2. Why does Craig Plunkett not simply shut off Old Gert's systems and let the crew members die as their oxygen supply dwindles down?
3. What are Raymond Jordan's intentions concerning Hideki Suma?
4. What is the central concept driving Suma's plan to wreak havoc in the world and allow Japan to assume control?
5. What does the person concealed in the Murmoto car think as the nuclear device is examined?
6. What emotions does Dennings experience knowing that he and his crew have been selected to carry the nuclear device to Japan?
7. When Tsuboi orders the helicopter shot down, what unpleasant conclusion do Jordan and Kern reach about Suma?
8. What is unique about the identity of the person Pitt races against at the track while Loren is being abducted?
9. As Pitt and Giordino accompany Admiral Sandecker to Washington, why does Pitt grow increasing angry with the Admiral?
10. As Pitt and Fox descend in the elevator to the subterranean, soundproofed room at Headquarters, why do Pitt's suspicions of Fox grow?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)