|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long do the rescuers initially intend to keep the oceanographic team prisoner in order to protect their secret project?
(a) Sixty days.
(b) Twelve hours.
(c) Thirty days.
(d) Two weeks.
2. What is the name of the secret project that the rescuers are working on?
(a) Space Acres.
(b) Soggy Acres.
(c) Six Acres.
(d) Standing Acres.
3. What is the name of the British survey vessel's submersible?
(a) Old Gert.
(b) The Invincible.
(c) The Fox.
(d) Old Beauty.
4. Which crewmember first hears the unexpected sounds?
5. What problem do warning lights indicate that Pitt and Plunkett have aboard Big John?
(a) A carbon dioxide overload.
(b) A pinhole leak.
(c) An oxygen shortage.
(d) A fuel leak.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far from the drifting ship is the British survey vessel?
2. What is the name of the plot involving the automobile bomb shipments?
3. Who is aboard the second transport sub to leave Old Gert?
4. Who was NOT among the people to survive the explosion?
5. Who aboard the Dennings' Demon is killed by the attacking patrol plane?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the first two transport subs have left Old Gert, what do the remaining people aboard Old Gert do?
2. Why does Steen not want the Captain to send another boarding party to the Divine Star?
3. What is the purpose of the congressional subcommittee that Loren Smith serves on?
4. When Jim Hanamura is late reporting in, Pitt is concerned. Why is Hanamura late checking in?
5. As Chapter 7 opens, the Old Gert's crew is barely alive. Why is carbon dioxide rapidly building up?
6. Within minutes of boarding the abandoned ship, what symptoms do the boarding party members begin to experience?
7. What additional steps must the ground crew take in order to load the nuclear bomb onto the Dennings' Demons?
8. Why is the pod less buoyant than expected, so it does not reach the ocean surface?
9. Why does the crew of the ship that happens upon the drifting vessel send a boarding party over to the apparently abandoned ship?
10. When Dennings first sees the nuclear bomb, what does he think it looks like?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)