|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After learning that both the Congresswoman and Senator have been abducted, who do Pitt, Sandecker, and Giordino also learn has been abducted?
(a) Jimmy Knox.
(b) Marvin Showalter.
(c) Hideki Suma.
(d) Roy Orita.
2. How many passengers aboard the Narvik survive the explosion's shock wave?
3. How much money is the searched-for treasure thought to be worth?
(a) Over $500 thousand.
(b) Over $500 million.
(c) Over $500 billion.
(d) Over $500 trillion.
4. As Chapter 1 opens, what is the name of the ship that is adrift in the Western Pacific?
(a) The Divine Moon.
(b) The Divine Star.
(c) The Divine Wind.
(d) The Divine Sun.
5. What state does Loren Smith represent in Congress?
(c) New Mexico.
Short Answer Questions
1. The abductors are carrying briefcases. What is in their briefcases?
2. What is the name of the nuclear submarine sent to the explosion site to collect data and debris?
3. What is the name of the senator serving with Smith on the congressional subcommittee?
4. How many ships like the Divine Star are headed to the United States?
5. What kind of airplane is the Dennings' Demons?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of the congressional subcommittee that Loren Smith serves on?
2. Why does the crew of the ship that happens upon the drifting vessel send a boarding party over to the apparently abandoned ship?
3. When Jim Hanamura is late reporting in, Pitt is concerned. Why is Hanamura late checking in?
4. When Dennings first sees the nuclear bomb, what does he think it looks like?
5. Why is the pod less buoyant than expected, so it does not reach the ocean surface?
6. Upon hearing that the Senator has disappeared, what conclusion do Pitt, Sandecker, and Giordino reach?
7. After the first two transport subs have left Old Gert, what do the remaining people aboard Old Gert do?
8. What anomaly is seen on satellite imagery as the satellite expert delivers his brief regarding the explosion aboard the Divine Star?
9. During the meeting at Headquarters, what does Pitt learn about the Soggy Acres project?
10. What is unique about the identity of the person Pitt races against at the track while Loren is being abducted?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)