|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While briefing the President of the United States, what does Jordan talk the President out of doing?
(a) Calling off the Soggy Acres project.
(b) Assassinating Suma.
(c) Ordering a nuclear strike.
(d) Pleading for mercy.
2. After Kamatori returns to the house to select his next victim, who volunteers to be next?
(a) Al Giordino.
(b) Stacy Fox.
(c) Tim Weatherhill.
(d) Frank Mancuso.
3. Who owns the land that the nuclear bomb the Japanese plan to detonate is located on?
(a) Raymond Jordan.
(b) Dirk Pitt.
(c) Charlie Keegan.
(d) Roy Oritz.
4. How many of their attackers do Pitt, Giordino, and Sandecker kill before leaving the store?
5. According to Sandecker's plan, how much time will Pitt and Giordino have to get away from the bomb after setting the timer before the bomb explodes?
(a) One hour.
(b) Ninety minutes.
(c) Fifteen minutes.
(d) Three hours.
6. As Pitt's mission is underway, how many of the bomb cars are still unaccounted for according to the U.S. Government's estimates?
7. Where are Pitt and Giordino allowed to take a little R & R time while awaiting the arrival of Admiral Sandecker after Loren and Mike have been flown back to Washington?
(a) Washington D.C.
(c) Wake Island.
(d) Ajima Island.
8. Whom does Raymond Jordan suspect of being a sleeper agent?
(a) Roy Orita.
(b) Jimmy Knox.
(c) George Furukawa.
(d) James Hanamura.
9. Who gives Pitt a plane as a "thank you" for saving the lives of the remaining German divers?
(a) Gert Halder.
(b) Raymond Jordan.
(c) Omar Shariff.
(d) Brad Altima.
10. As revealed to Loren Smith and Mike Diaz, how does Suma plan to deplete the world's old supply?
(a) Using gas bombs.
(b) Using oil-eating bacteria.
(c) Using strike teams.
(d) Using nuclear devices.
11. What does the President of the United States insist that the Prime Minister of Japan do as punishment for his part in the Kaiten Project?
(c) Admit defeat.
(d) Stand trial.
12. How much of a head start does Kamatori allow his victims before he begins to hunt them?
(a) Thirty minutes.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Ten minutes.
(d) One hour.
13. On what day does Dirk Pitt's obituary appear in the newspaper?
(a) November 19, 1993.
(b) December 19, 1993.
(c) September 19, 1993.
(d) October 19, 1993.
14. What do the Americans think will happen if the nuclear bomb aboard the Dennings' Demons is exploded underwater near the fault line?
(a) The Dragon Center will explode.
(b) The Dragon Center will sink.
(c) The Dragon Center will crumble.
(d) The Dragon Center will lose power.
15. How many automobiles is Furukawa picking up as Chapter 34 begins?
Short Answer Questions
1. As Chapter 55 opens, Raymond Jordan and Donald Kern are waiting to hear if the MAIT team is successful. What is scheduled to happen if they do not hear from the MAIT team?
2. What does Suma tell Loren as Suma escorts Smith and Diaz to the waiting helicopter?
3. What is the name of the assassin employed by Suma?
4. Where do the five remaining members of MAIT meet to plan their attack on Ajima Island?
5. Whose head is among those mounted on Kamatori's study wall?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)