|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far from the blast is Pitt when the nuclear bomb he moved into position near the fault line explodes?
(a) Eight kilometers.
(b) Twelve kilometers.
(c) Ten kilometers.
(d) Three kilometers.
2. What does Pitt lock Giordino into in order to prevent Giordino from accompanying Pitt on their mission?
(a) The lavatory.
(b) The cockpit.
(c) The locker.
(d) The luggage compartment.
3. Whose head is among those mounted on Kamatori's study wall?
(a) Jim Hanamura.
(b) Jimmy Knox.
(c) Tim Weatherhill.
(d) Mike Diaz.
4. How far is Ajima Island from Edo City?
(a) 60 kilometers.
(b) 60 miles.
(c) 80 kilometers.
(d) 80 miles.
5. Who remains behind in Germany to oversee the packaging of the Japanese art found in the treasure trove?
(a) Al Giordino.
(b) Admiral Sandecker.
(c) Frank Mancuso.
(d) Jimmy Knox.
6. After the C-5 is attacked by the Japanese after dropping Pitt into the ocean, where does the C-5 divert?
7. What does the President of the United States insist that the Prime Minister of Japan do as punishment for his part in the Kaiten Project?
(c) Stand trial.
(d) Admit defeat.
8. What is the minimum time frame that the technicians will need to reprogram the software with new codes?
(a) Twelve hours.
(b) Twenty-four hours.
(c) Three days.
(d) Ten days.
9. How many hours does the President of the United States give Jordan's team to find and destroy Suma's control center?
(a) 48 hours.
(b) 72 hours.
(c) 96 hours.
(d) 24 hours.
10. How long does Tsuboi give the President to announce to the American people that the President has given into Tsuboi's demands?
(a) Eighteen hours.
(b) Three hours.
(c) Twelve hours.
(d) Six hours.
11. What do the Americans think will happen if the nuclear bomb aboard the Dennings' Demons is exploded underwater near the fault line?
(a) The Dragon Center will explode.
(b) The Dragon Center will sink.
(c) The Dragon Center will crumble.
(d) The Dragon Center will lose power.
12. After he confronts Kamatori in the study, what weapon does Pitt take from Kamatori's wall?
(a) A gun.
(b) A knife.
(c) A sword.
(d) An arrow.
13. Who owns the land that the nuclear bomb the Japanese plan to detonate is located on?
(a) Charlie Keegan.
(b) Roy Oritz.
(c) Dirk Pitt.
(d) Raymond Jordan.
14. Who gives Pitt a plane as a "thank you" for saving the lives of the remaining German divers?
(a) Omar Shariff.
(b) Gert Halder.
(c) Raymond Jordan.
(d) Brad Altima.
15. What cover disguise is the kamikaze using to gain access to the nuclear bomb car?
(a) An Army lieutenant.
(b) A surveyor.
(c) An architect.
(d) A rancher.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Fox, Weatherhill, and Mancuso gain access to Ajima Island?
2. As Chapter 62 opens, how is Dirk Pitt feeling?
3. Who helps Pitt during the fight by distracting Kamatori?
4. What does Pitt remove from one of the fallen attackers?
5. What is the name of Tsuboi's supervisor?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)