|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the British survey vessel?
(a) The Invincible.
(b) The Fox.
(c) Old Gert.
(d) Old Beauty.
2. What is the name of the captain on the ship that authorizes sending the boarding party to explore the drifting ship?
(a) Captain Salazar.
(b) Captain Narvik.
(c) Captain Murmoto.
(d) Captain Korvold.
3. Who is aboard the first transport sub to leave Old Gert?
(a) Stacy Fox.
(b) Dirk Pitt.
(c) Al Giordino.
(d) Craig Plunkett.
4. How many people are stranded aboard Old Gert?
5. What is the name of the photographer aboard the British survey vessel?
(a) Jimmy Knox.
(b) Craig Plunkett.
(c) Stacy Fox.
(d) Oscar Steen.
6. How many ships like the Divine Star are headed to the United States?
7. According to the meeting that takes place in Suma's office after the bugged painting has been installed, how long will it be before every car is in place?
(a) Ten days.
(b) Eight days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Three weeks.
8. What is the name of the submersible that descends to rescue the trapped oceanographic team?
(a) Big Larry.
(b) Big John.
(c) Big Ben.
(d) Big Man.
9. Who helped design the British survey vessel's submersible?
(a) Craig Plunkett.
(b) Stacy Fox.
(c) Oscar Steen.
(d) Jimmy Knox.
10. While speculating about Loren's abduction, who else does Pitt learn has disappeared?
(a) Admiral Sandecker.
(b) Mike Diaz.
(c) Hideki Suma.
(d) Jim Hanamura.
11. Which crewmember first hears the unexpected sounds?
12. Who calls Pitt at home and declares his confidence that the nuclear bombs will be found within a month?
(a) Al Giordino.
(b) Mike Diaz.
(c) Raymond Jordan.
(d) Admiral Sandecker.
13. According to the Presidential briefing, how many ships were in the area when the explosion in the Western Pacific occurred?
14. What was the original time frame for the rescuers' secret project that is now compromised by the need to rescue the oceanographic team?
(a) Ninety days.
(b) Nine months.
(c) Six months.
(d) Six weeks.
15. How many automobiles are aboard the drifting ship?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people aboard the first transport sub survive after the sub is hit by the junk ship?
2. Where does the person going to the car company claim to be from in order to access the car company's files?
3. To whom does Giordino tell the news when he realizes Pitt is trapped on Old Gert?
4. Who has been recruited by Suma to take delivery of specific cars from the incoming ships?
5. What was NOT damaged on Old Gert?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)