|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Big John: Chapters 13 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what port was the drifting ship originally headed?
(a) New York.
(c) New Orleans.
(d) Los Angeles.
2. According to the Presidential briefing, how many ships were in the area when the explosion in the Western Pacific occurred?
3. How much time elapses between the explosion and the destruction of the Invincible?
(b) Two minutes.
(c) Fifteen seconds.
(d) Five seconds.
4. What was the conclusion made at the end of the Presidential briefing regarding the explosion in the Western Pacific?
(a) An act of aggression occurred and the United States will retaliate.
(b) The FBI will lead the investigation.
(c) The explosion was accidental.
(d) Nuclear devices are headed to the United States.
5. What is the name of the photographer aboard the British survey vessel?
(a) Stacy Fox.
(b) Craig Plunkett.
(c) Jimmy Knox.
(d) Oscar Steen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money is the searched-for treasure thought to be worth?
2. Under how many feet of water does the plane finally come to rest?
3. What was the original time frame for the rescuers' secret project that is now compromised by the need to rescue the oceanographic team?
4. What is the name of the submersible that descends to rescue the trapped oceanographic team?
5. Who helped design the British survey vessel's submersible?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)