|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does David realize is now in danger?
2. Who is Bill Tang?
(a) A high powered corporate lawyer.
(b) A mycologist.
(c) An archeologist at the dig.
(d) A computer programmer from Silicon Valley.
3. Whom does David see arguing on his way into the auction room?
(a) Ma and Hulan.
(b) Hulan and Miller.
(c) No one.
(d) Ma and Fitzwilliams.
4. What does Miller say the new villages for the displaced people offer?
(a) Modern structures.
(b) Free community services.
(c) Higher education.
(d) Running water and electricity.
5. What does Michael say is the reason he dropped the flashlight?
(a) He tripped over a dead body.
(b) Something bit him on the hand.
(c) He slipped on some fungus.
(d) He wanted to be alone with her in the darkness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is David shocked to learn about the ruyis?
2. How does Ma help David?
3. Who is threatening Miller?
4. Whom does Miller say will be blamed if the dam fails?
5. What does Stuart Miller think about the dam?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does David do as soon as he realizes Stuart is in danger?
2. Where do Hulan and Michael go after lunch, and what does she hear? What does Michael do?
3. Why is Tang angry at the end of the bidding for the ruyi? What does he do, and what does David realize about Tang? What does David do when Tang leaves the auction?
4. How does Michael act during dinner with Hulan, and what does he talk about?
5. What does the gate watcher at the compound tell Hulan?
6. What does Hulan do with Michael after she leaves Hom, and what does he tell her?
7. What does David tell the person from Cosgrove about the artifacts from Lily?
8. With what does Brian become obsessed, and what does he realize about the geographic layout of the land at Site 518?
9. What does David see Ma and Fitzwilliams doing, and what does Ma ask David to do?
10. What does Hulan finally realize about the courtyard? What does she ask Angela to do?
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)