|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David think about concerning Ma?
(a) Why Ma wants the ruyi so desperately.
(b) Why Ma hired his brother-in-law.
(c) Why Ma returned to Beijing without selling the ruyi.
(d) Why Ma pretended not to know Brian was missing.
2. What does Hulan realize as she is saying goodbye to David?
(a) She has hurt him.
(b) He is always there for her.
(c) He is getting older.
(d) She no longer loves him.
3. What does Miller say to Hulan concerning his connection to Chinese artifacts?
(a) He refused to have anything to do with what Lily was selling.
(b) He purchased illegal items from Lily.
(c) He only purchased verified, legal items from Lily.
(d) He was not interested in purchasing Chinese artifacts.
4. What is one reason Miller says is the cause for problems at the dam?
(a) Chinese government interference.
(b) Bad weather.
(c) Lack of unskilled labor.
(d) Lack of communication.
5. What did Lily do with Chinese artifacts?
(a) Tried to establish a chain of possession.
(b) Send them on to Stuart Miller.
(c) Smuggled them out of China.
(d) Catalog them for the Chinese government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one organization that would like the dam project to be halted?
2. What has Tang done to Stuart?
3. With what does Hulan threaten Angela in order to obtain the truth?
4. How does David deal with Tang?
5. What link did Brian possibly discover?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hulan say to Angela when she visits her again, and what does Angela say to Hulan's questions about when she arrived in China?
2. What does David see Ma and Fitzwilliams doing, and what does Ma ask David to do?
3. Who is David surprised to find at the auction and what does he do with him?
4. What does Angela say about Brian's notebook? What does she think about his death? What does Hulan ask her to do?
5. What does Hulan ask Stuart about after David leaves for Hong Kong, and what does he tell her about Lily and about himself and artifacts?
6. What does Stuart say to Hulan about the dam?
7. What does David do as soon as he realizes Stuart is in danger?
8. With what does Brian become obsessed, and what does he realize about the geographic layout of the land at Site 518?
9. What does Hulan do with Michael after she leaves Hom, and what does he tell her?
10. Where do Hulan and Michael go after lunch, and what does she hear? What does Michael do?
This section contains 1,087 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)