|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fitzwilliams admit to David after being pressed?
(a) He had an affair with Lily.
(b) Lily and another staff member were in China illegally.
(c) His wife and Lily had a serious altercation.
(d) They purchased questionable goods from Lily.
2. Where does Miller feel he is safe?
(a) In Quanding.
(c) In Beijing.
(d) At the dam.
3. What does Miller say the new villages for the displaced people offer?
(a) Higher education.
(b) Free community services.
(c) Modern structures.
(d) Running water and electricity.
4. Why does Hulan think Brian may have been killed?
(a) For whatever he found that he wrote about to Angela.
(b) For being involved with another man's wife.
(c) For selling Chinese artifacts to the Japanese.
(d) For trying to sabotage the dam project.
5. What meeting is Captain Hom going to attend?
(b) The Three Gorges Dam Security.
(c) The Yu preservation society.
(d) The All Patriotic Society.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does David deal with Tang?
2. What does David convince Stuart to do?
3. With what does Hulan threaten Angela in order to obtain the truth?
4. What does Michael say is the reason he dropped the flashlight?
5. What does Hulan ask Angela to tell others?
Short Essay Questions
1. With whom does David sit during the auction? What is explained to David? Who bids on the ruyi?
2. How does Michael act during dinner with Hulan, and what does he talk about?
3. What does Stuart say to Hulan about the dam?
4. Where do Hulan and Michael go after lunch, and what does she hear? What does Michael do?
5. What does Hulan do with Michael after she leaves Hom, and what does he tell her?
6. With what does Brian become obsessed, and what does he realize about the geographic layout of the land at Site 518?
7. With whom does David meet at Cosgrove's? What does David tell this person? What is this person's response?
8. How does Stuart feel about the dam project and why does he think it is a good project?
9. What does Hulan learn from Hom about what he plans to do and why he plans to do it?
10. What does Angela say about Brian's notebook? What does she think about his death? What does Hulan ask her to do?
This section contains 1,084 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)