|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is David shocked to learn about the ruyis?
(a) They are not recorded legally.
(b) They are in excellent condition.
(c) They are highly valuable.
(d) They are not worth much.
2. Why is Tang furious?
(a) He lost the bid.
(b) He thinks Fitzwilliams failed to acknowledge Tang's last bid.
(c) He thinks Fitzwilliams wanted the ruyi to go to the winner rather than Tang.
(d) He thinks Miller overmuscled him.
3. What does David find in Stuart's home?
(a) Ma, dead on the living room floor.
(c) Stuart, dead on the living room floor.
(d) Hulan held at gunpoint.
4. What does Angela think her brother may have found?
(a) A famous mushroom.
(b) A new style of Oriental archetecture.
(c) An artifact dating to the third century B.C.E.
(d) A heretofore unknown subculture.
5. What does Angela claim about the notebook Hom claims to have found?
(a) It is her brother's diary about his work with the Chinese artifacts.
(b) It is her brother's personal diary.
(c) She only saw the notebook briefly.
(d) She has not seen the notebook.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brought Lily the artifacts?
2. Where does Miller feel he is safe?
3. What does Tang do to David?
4. How much does the ruyi fetch at auction?
5. What is swelling mold?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Tang angry at the end of the bidding for the ruyi? What does he do, and what does David realize about Tang? What does David do when Tang leaves the auction?
2. What does Hulan know about her and David after he leaves for Hong Kong and what does she resolve to do?
3. How does Michael act during dinner with Hulan, and what does he talk about?
4. What does Angela say about Brian's notebook? What does she think about his death? What does Hulan ask her to do?
5. What happens to David right after the auction? Who helps him?
6. What does David do as soon as he realizes Stuart is in danger?
7. What does Hulan finally realize about the courtyard? What does she ask Angela to do?
8. Who is David surprised to find at the auction and what does he do with him?
9. What does Hulan say to Angela when she visits her again, and what does Angela say to Hulan's questions about when she arrived in China?
10. What does Stuart tell David about the ruyi, and what does David realize about Michael Quon?
This section contains 1,047 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)