|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miller say the new villages for the displaced people offer?
(a) Free community services.
(b) Modern structures.
(c) Higher education.
(d) Running water and electricity.
2. What does David convince Stuart to do?
(a) Give David the ruyi.
(b) Talk with Hulan.
(c) Quit buying Chinese artifacts.
(d) Fund an investigation into stolen artifacts.
3. What link did Brian possibly discover?
(a) Between Ma and Miller.
(b) Between Yu the Great and artifacts at the site.
(c) Between the mushroom and the artifacts.
(d) Between the All Patriotic Society and the mainstream government.
4. What does Miller say about Brian in relation to Lily?
(a) He hated her.
(b) He was in love with her.
(c) He was her courier.
5. What does David suspect Zai knew?
(a) Xiao Da's identity.
(b) Where the fungus originated.
(c) Lily's murderer.
(d) Brian's murderer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Tang's employer?
2. What is branding, cutting off the feet, cutting off the nose, castration, and death?
3. What is swelling mold?
4. How much does the ruyi fetch at auction?
5. How does Lily use Wu?
Short Essay Questions
1. With whom does David meet at Cosgrove's? What does David tell this person? What is this person's response?
2. What does Hulan do with Michael after she leaves Hom, and what does he tell her?
3. With what does Brian become obsessed, and what does he realize about the geographic layout of the land at Site 518?
4. How does Stuart feel about the dam project and why does he think it is a good project?
5. Why is Tang angry at the end of the bidding for the ruyi? What does he do, and what does David realize about Tang? What does David do when Tang leaves the auction?
6. What does Hulan learn from Hom about what he plans to do and why he plans to do it?
7. What does David see Ma and Fitzwilliams doing, and what does Ma ask David to do?
8. What does David do as soon as he realizes Stuart is in danger?
9. How does Michael act during dinner with Hulan, and what does he talk about?
10. What does David learn from Brian's journal?
This section contains 1,014 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)