|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Tang done to Stuart?
(a) Taken him to the Chinese authorities.
(b) Let him leave China quietly.
(c) Beat him severely.
(d) Killed him.
2. How does David deal with Tang?
(a) Pretends to agree with Tang.
(b) Knocks him unconscious.
(c) Shoots him in the kneecap.
(d) Sprays him with mace.
3. Why does Hulan think Brian may have been killed?
(a) For whatever he found that he wrote about to Angela.
(b) For trying to sabotage the dam project.
(c) For being involved with another man's wife.
(d) For selling Chinese artifacts to the Japanese.
4. Whom does Miller say will be blamed if the dam fails?
(a) The local province officals.
(b) The Chinese will not admit failure.
(c) The Chinese government.
5. Who was in China before Brian's death?
(a) Brian's wife.
(c) Brian's parents.
(d) Brian's brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hulan decide to do about her past?
2. What does Miller say about Brian in relation to Lily?
3. Who is Tang's employer?
4. What do David and Fong see as they are flying?
5. What does Miller say to Hulan concerning his connection to Chinese artifacts?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Stuart say to Hulan about the dam?
2. With whom does David sit during the auction? What is explained to David? Who bids on the ruyi?
3. What does David do as soon as he realizes Stuart is in danger?
4. With whom does David meet at Cosgrove's? What does David tell this person? What is this person's response?
5. What does Hulan learn from Hom about what he plans to do and why he plans to do it?
6. Where do Hulan and Michael go after lunch, and what does she hear? What does Michael do?
7. What does Hulan finally realize about the courtyard? What does she ask Angela to do?
8. What does Angela say about Brian's notebook? What does she think about his death? What does Hulan ask her to do?
9. How does Michael act during dinner with Hulan, and what does he talk about?
10. With what does Brian become obsessed, and what does he realize about the geographic layout of the land at Site 518?
This section contains 1,007 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)