|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom is Michael fascinated?
(b) Da Yu.
(c) Stuart Miller.
2. What does Miller say the new villages for the displaced people offer?
(a) Higher education.
(b) Free community services.
(c) Running water and electricity.
(d) Modern structures.
3. What is one organization that would like the dam project to be halted?
(c) The Society for the Preservation of Historical Artifacts.
(d) The local government in the area.
4. What does Fitzwilliams ask after being told of Lily's death?
(a) If they can send her body to the States.
(b) Where her belongings are located.
(c) If her remains have been released.
(d) If her family has been informed.
5. Where does Miller feel he is safe?
(a) In Quanding.
(b) At the dam.
(c) In Beijing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Brian tease as he passes their home in search of more relics?
2. What does Brian write in his diary two days before his disappearance?
3. What is Ma trying to do?
4. What does David think about concerning Ma?
5. With whom does Hulan have dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is David surprised to find at the auction and what does he do with him?
2. What does David show to Wu's widow? What do David and the widow do? What does she offer David?
3. With whom does David meet at Cosgrove's? What does David tell this person? What is this person's response?
4. How does Stuart feel about the dam project and why does he think it is a good project?
5. What does the gate watcher at the compound tell Hulan?
6. What does Hulan do with Michael after she leaves Hom, and what does he tell her?
7. What does Stuart tell David about the ruyi, and what does David realize about Michael Quon?
8. What does Hulan finally realize about the courtyard? What does she ask Angela to do?
9. With what does Brian become obsessed, and what does he realize about the geographic layout of the land at Site 518?
10. What does David do as soon as he realizes Stuart is in danger?
This section contains 1,051 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)