|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Miller fund the digs?
(a) He wants the local Chinese people to feel good towards his company.
(b) He offers no reason.
(c) He wants to preserve artifacts.
(d) He wants the Chinese government to give him the contract for the dam.
2. From what does Michael say Hulan's career protects her?
3. With whom did Brian talk one on one?
(b) Stuart Miller.
(c) Xiao da.
4. What is swelling mold?
(a) A way to keep artifacts cushioned from breaking.
(b) The way to keep food from spoiling.
(c) A substance used to stop flooding.
(d) A way to preserve artifacts.
5. What does David suspect Zai knew?
(a) Brian's murderer.
(b) Xiao Da's identity.
(c) Where the fungus originated.
(d) Lily's murderer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Angus Fitzwilliams?
2. Where does David tell Fitzwilliams some of the items to be auctioned originated?
3. What does Miller say the new villages for the displaced people offer?
4. Who brought Lily the artifacts?
5. What does Hulan decide to do about her past?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the gate watcher at the compound tell Hulan?
2. What does Angela say about Brian's notebook? What does she think about his death? What does Hulan ask her to do?
3. What does Hulan ask Stuart about after David leaves for Hong Kong, and what does he tell her about Lily and about himself and artifacts?
4. What does David show to Wu's widow? What do David and the widow do? What does she offer David?
5. With whom does David sit during the auction? What is explained to David? Who bids on the ruyi?
6. What does Hulan learn from Hom about what he plans to do and why he plans to do it?
7. What does David tell the person from Cosgrove about the artifacts from Lily?
8. What happens to David right after the auction? Who helps him?
9. What does David learn from Brian's journal?
10. Where do Hulan and Michael go after lunch, and what does she hear? What does Michael do?
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)