|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brought Lily the artifacts?
2. What does Michael enjoy more than anything?
(a) Flying his lear jet.
(b) Chinese artifacts.
(c) Daredevil sports.
(d) Being with a charming woman.
3. From what does Michael say Hulan's career protects her?
4. Where does Miller feel he is safe?
(a) In Quanding.
(c) At the dam.
(d) In Beijing.
5. With whom does Hulan have dinner?
(a) Michael Quon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David convince Stuart to do?
2. Why is Tang furious?
3. Who is Bill Tang?
4. With whom does David walk around the auction?
5. How much does the ruyi fetch at auction?
Short Essay Questions
1. With whom does David meet at Cosgrove's? What does David tell this person? What is this person's response?
2. What does Angela say about Brian's notebook? What does she think about his death? What does Hulan ask her to do?
3. What does Hulan say to Angela when she visits her again, and what does Angela say to Hulan's questions about when she arrived in China?
4. What does David learn from Brian's journal?
5. What does the gate watcher at the compound tell Hulan?
6. How does Michael act during dinner with Hulan, and what does he talk about?
7. Why is Tang angry at the end of the bidding for the ruyi? What does he do, and what does David realize about Tang? What does David do when Tang leaves the auction?
8. What does David show to Wu's widow? What do David and the widow do? What does she offer David?
9. What does Hulan learn from Hom about what he plans to do and why he plans to do it?
10. What does Hulan ask Stuart about after David leaves for Hong Kong, and what does he tell her about Lily and about himself and artifacts?
This section contains 979 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)