|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does David deal with Tang?
(a) Pretends to agree with Tang.
(b) Sprays him with mace.
(c) Shoots him in the kneecap.
(d) Knocks him unconscious.
2. What is David shocked to learn about the ruyis?
(a) They are highly valuable.
(b) They are not recorded legally.
(c) They are not worth much.
(d) They are in excellent condition.
3. Whom does Miller say will be blamed if the dam fails?
(b) The Chinese will not admit failure.
(c) The Chinese government.
(d) The local province officals.
4. Whose breakfast invitation does Hulan refuse?
5. What does Hulan decide to do about her past?
(b) Learn from it.
(c) Try to change some of it.
(d) Work on letting go of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Angela claim about the notebook Hom claims to have found?
2. What is Angela's occupation?
3. Who brought Lily the artifacts?
4. Of what is the ruyi of Yu said to be made?
5. How does Lily use Wu?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does David learn from Brian's journal?
2. What does the gate watcher at the compound tell Hulan?
3. What does Hulan know about her and David after he leaves for Hong Kong and what does she resolve to do?
4. What does Hulan ask Stuart about after David leaves for Hong Kong, and what does he tell her about Lily and about himself and artifacts?
5. What does Hulan finally realize about the courtyard? What does she ask Angela to do?
6. With whom does David sit during the auction? What is explained to David? Who bids on the ruyi?
7. Where do Hulan and Michael go after lunch, and what does she hear? What does Michael do?
8. What does David see Ma and Fitzwilliams doing, and what does Ma ask David to do?
9. What happens to David right after the auction? Who helps him?
10. With what does Brian become obsessed, and what does he realize about the geographic layout of the land at Site 518?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)