|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is branding, cutting off the feet, cutting off the nose, castration, and death?
(a) The Five Punishments of Yu.
(b) The Five Punishments of Wang Lu.
(c) The way ancient emperors punished their soldiers.
(d) The way the All Patriotic Society deals with traitors.
2. What does David think about concerning Ma?
(a) Why Ma pretended not to know Brian was missing.
(b) Why Ma hired his brother-in-law.
(c) Why Ma returned to Beijing without selling the ruyi.
(d) Why Ma wants the ruyi so desperately.
3. With what does Brian become obsessed?
(b) The dam.
(c) A discussion of the ruyi of Yu.
(d) The All Patriotic Society.
4. To what family does the old woman at the gate to the compound belong?
5. What meeting is Captain Hom going to attend?
(a) The Three Gorges Dam Security.
(b) The Yu preservation society.
(c) The All Patriotic Society.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one organization that would like the dam project to be halted?
2. Who is Tang's employer?
3. Whom does David recognize at Cosgrove's auction?
4. What does Brian write in his diary two days before his disappearance?
5. Who brought Lily the artifacts?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Angela say about Brian's notebook? What does she think about his death? What does Hulan ask her to do?
2. With whom does David sit during the auction? What is explained to David? Who bids on the ruyi?
3. What does David see Ma and Fitzwilliams doing, and what does Ma ask David to do?
4. What does Hulan finally realize about the courtyard? What does she ask Angela to do?
5. What does Stuart tell David about the ruyi, and what does David realize about Michael Quon?
6. What does Stuart say to Hulan about the dam?
7. What does Hulan ask Stuart about after David leaves for Hong Kong, and what does he tell her about Lily and about himself and artifacts?
8. What does Hulan know about her and David after he leaves for Hong Kong and what does she resolve to do?
9. What does David tell the person from Cosgrove about the artifacts from Lily?
10. With what does Brian become obsessed, and what does he realize about the geographic layout of the land at Site 518?
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)