|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Angela's occupation?
2. With whom does Hulan have dinner?
(d) Michael Quon.
3. What is one reason Miller says is the cause for problems at the dam?
(a) Lack of communication.
(b) Lack of unskilled labor.
(c) Chinese government interference.
(d) Bad weather.
4. Whom does David see arguing on his way into the auction room?
(a) No one.
(b) Ma and Fitzwilliams.
(c) Hulan and Miller.
(d) Ma and Hulan.
5. How much does the ruyi fetch at auction?
(a) 1.5 million.
(b) 12 millon.
(c) 8 million.
(d) 28 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miller say the new villages for the displaced people offer?
2. Who is Tang's employer?
3. What does the ruyi prove?
4. What link did Brian possibly discover?
5. What does Hulan decide to do about her past?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does David see Ma and Fitzwilliams doing, and what does Ma ask David to do?
2. What does Hulan learn from Hom about what he plans to do and why he plans to do it?
3. How does Stuart feel about the dam project and why does he think it is a good project?
4. What does Hulan ask Stuart about after David leaves for Hong Kong, and what does he tell her about Lily and about himself and artifacts?
5. What does Hulan finally realize about the courtyard? What does she ask Angela to do?
6. What does Hulan know about her and David after he leaves for Hong Kong and what does she resolve to do?
7. What does the gate watcher at the compound tell Hulan?
8. What does Hulan do with Michael after she leaves Hom, and what does he tell her?
9. With what does Brian become obsessed, and what does he realize about the geographic layout of the land at Site 518?
10. What does David learn from Brian's journal?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)