|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does David realize is Xiao Da?
(a) No one.
(c) Michael Quon.
2. Who was in China before Brian's death?
(b) Brian's parents.
(c) Brian's brother.
(d) Brian's wife.
3. What does Angela think her brother may have found?
(a) An artifact dating to the third century B.C.E.
(b) A famous mushroom.
(c) A new style of Oriental archetecture.
(d) A heretofore unknown subculture.
4. What did Lily do with Chinese artifacts?
(a) Catalog them for the Chinese government.
(b) Send them on to Stuart Miller.
(c) Tried to establish a chain of possession.
(d) Smuggled them out of China.
5. Whose breakfast invitation does Hulan refuse?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stuart Miller think about the dam?
2. What is one reason Miller says is the cause for problems at the dam?
3. Who is Bill Tang?
4. Who is threatening Miller?
5. What does David find in Stuart's home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Stuart feel about the dam project and why does he think it is a good project?
2. Why is Tang angry at the end of the bidding for the ruyi? What does he do, and what does David realize about Tang? What does David do when Tang leaves the auction?
3. With what does Brian become obsessed, and what does he realize about the geographic layout of the land at Site 518?
4. What does Hulan finally realize about the courtyard? What does she ask Angela to do?
5. What happens to David right after the auction? Who helps him?
6. With whom does David meet at Cosgrove's? What does David tell this person? What is this person's response?
7. Where do Hulan and Michael go after lunch, and what does she hear? What does Michael do?
8. What does Stuart say to Hulan about the dam?
9. With whom does David sit during the auction? What is explained to David? Who bids on the ruyi?
10. What does Hulan know about her and David after he leaves for Hong Kong and what does she resolve to do?
This section contains 992 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)