|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is David in a hurry to get to Bashan?
(a) To save Angela.
(b) To reconcile with Hulan.
(c) To save the other yuri.
(d) To save Hulan.
2. Why is Tang furious?
(a) He thinks Miller overmuscled him.
(b) He thinks Fitzwilliams wanted the ruyi to go to the winner rather than Tang.
(c) He lost the bid.
(d) He thinks Fitzwilliams failed to acknowledge Tang's last bid.
3. Where has Ma gone?
(a) He is still at Site 551.
(c) Hong Kong.
4. What does David think about concerning Ma?
(a) Why Ma returned to Beijing without selling the ruyi.
(b) Why Ma wants the ruyi so desperately.
(c) Why Ma hired his brother-in-law.
(d) Why Ma pretended not to know Brian was missing.
5. What is David shocked to learn about the ruyis?
(a) They are highly valuable.
(b) They are not recorded legally.
(c) They are in excellent condition.
(d) They are not worth much.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Miller fund the digs?
2. How could David be helping his wife?
3. What does Angela think her brother may have found?
4. How much does the ruyi fetch at auction?
5. From what does Michael say Hulan's career protects her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does David learn from Brian's journal?
2. What does the gate watcher at the compound tell Hulan?
3. With whom does David sit during the auction? What is explained to David? Who bids on the ruyi?
4. What does Stuart tell David about the ruyi, and what does David realize about Michael Quon?
5. Why is Tang angry at the end of the bidding for the ruyi? What does he do, and what does David realize about Tang? What does David do when Tang leaves the auction?
6. Where do Hulan and Michael go after lunch, and what does she hear? What does Michael do?
7. How does Stuart feel about the dam project and why does he think it is a good project?
8. What does Stuart say to Hulan about the dam?
9. What does David do as soon as he realizes Stuart is in danger?
10. With whom does David meet at Cosgrove's? What does David tell this person? What is this person's response?
This section contains 1,081 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)