|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miller say to Hulan concerning his connection to Chinese artifacts?
(a) He refused to have anything to do with what Lily was selling.
(b) He only purchased verified, legal items from Lily.
(c) He purchased illegal items from Lily.
(d) He was not interested in purchasing Chinese artifacts.
2. How does Lily use Wu?
(a) To intercede with Miller.
(b) To locate the tripod in the whirlpool.
(c) To head off the Chinese government's investigation.
(d) To intercede with Xiao Da.
3. What meeting is Captain Hom going to attend?
(a) The Three Gorges Dam Security.
(b) The Yu preservation society.
(c) The All Patriotic Society.
4. What does Miller say the new villages for the displaced people offer?
(a) Higher education.
(b) Modern structures.
(c) Running water and electricity.
(d) Free community services.
5. What does Angela claim about the notebook Hom claims to have found?
(a) She only saw the notebook briefly.
(b) She has not seen the notebook.
(c) It is her brother's diary about his work with the Chinese artifacts.
(d) It is her brother's personal diary.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what does Michael say Hulan's career protects her?
2. What does Fitzwilliams ask after being told of Lily's death?
3. What does Tang do to David?
4. Where has Ma gone?
5. What is one organization that would like the dam project to be halted?
Short Essay Questions
1. With whom does David meet at Cosgrove's? What does David tell this person? What is this person's response?
2. What does David learn from Brian's journal?
3. How does Michael act during dinner with Hulan, and what does he talk about?
4. What does Hulan say to Angela when she visits her again, and what does Angela say to Hulan's questions about when she arrived in China?
5. What does Hulan finally realize about the courtyard? What does she ask Angela to do?
6. What does David show to Wu's widow? What do David and the widow do? What does she offer David?
7. What does the gate watcher at the compound tell Hulan?
8. What does David do as soon as he realizes Stuart is in danger?
9. What does Hulan know about her and David after he leaves for Hong Kong and what does she resolve to do?
10. What does Angela say about Brian's notebook? What does she think about his death? What does Hulan ask her to do?
This section contains 1,045 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)