|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ma help David?
(a) Ma gives him taxi fare home.
(b) Ma gives him good advice.
(c) Ma pulls him from the river.
(d) Ma gives him Brian's journal.
2. What does Stuart Miller think about the dam?
(a) He thinks it is an environmental disaster.
(b) He is impressed by it.
(c) He has no opinion.
(d) He thinks it's more fluff than substance.
3. What does Fitzwilliams ask after being told of Lily's death?
(a) If her remains have been released.
(b) Where her belongings are located.
(c) If her family has been informed.
(d) If they can send her body to the States.
4. Where does Miller feel he is safe?
(a) In Beijing.
(b) In Quanding.
(d) At the dam.
5. Whom does David see arguing on his way into the auction room?
(a) Ma and Fitzwilliams.
(b) Ma and Hulan.
(c) Hulan and Miller.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invented the story of the Nine Tripod's possible link to the site?
2. Who was in China before Brian's death?
3. What does Miller say to Hulan concerning his connection to Chinese artifacts?
4. How does David deal with Tang?
5. How much does the ruyi fetch at auction?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does David learn from Brian's journal?
2. How does Michael act during dinner with Hulan, and what does he talk about?
3. What happens to David right after the auction? Who helps him?
4. What does David see Ma and Fitzwilliams doing, and what does Ma ask David to do?
5. With whom does David sit during the auction? What is explained to David? Who bids on the ruyi?
6. What does Hulan finally realize about the courtyard? What does she ask Angela to do?
7. What does Hulan know about her and David after he leaves for Hong Kong and what does she resolve to do?
8. Who is David surprised to find at the auction and what does he do with him?
9. What does Stuart say to Hulan about the dam?
10. How does Stuart feel about the dam project and why does he think it is a good project?
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)