|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What link did Brian possibly discover?
(a) Between the All Patriotic Society and the mainstream government.
(b) Between the mushroom and the artifacts.
(c) Between Ma and Miller.
(d) Between Yu the Great and artifacts at the site.
2. How could David be helping his wife?
(a) By keeping the ruyi and other artifacts in China.
(b) By getting the Chinese government involved in the artifact auction.
(c) By going with Ma back to Site 518.
(d) By befriending Fitzwilliams.
3. Whom does David realize is Xiao Da?
(a) No one.
(c) Michael Quon.
4. Who is Bill Tang?
(a) A high powered corporate lawyer.
(b) A computer programmer from Silicon Valley.
(c) An archeologist at the dig.
(d) A mycologist.
5. What is swelling mold?
(a) A way to keep artifacts cushioned from breaking.
(b) A way to preserve artifacts.
(c) A substance used to stop flooding.
(d) The way to keep food from spoiling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stuart Miller think about the dam?
2. How much does the ruyi fetch at auction?
3. What has Tang done to Stuart?
4. What does Fitzwilliams ask after being told of Lily's death?
5. Whom does David see arguing on his way into the auction room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the gate watcher at the compound tell Hulan?
2. What does David tell the person from Cosgrove about the artifacts from Lily?
3. What does Hulan know about her and David after he leaves for Hong Kong and what does she resolve to do?
4. With what does Brian become obsessed, and what does he realize about the geographic layout of the land at Site 518?
5. With whom does David sit during the auction? What is explained to David? Who bids on the ruyi?
6. What does Angela say about Brian's notebook? What does she think about his death? What does Hulan ask her to do?
7. What does David do as soon as he realizes Stuart is in danger?
8. What does Hulan learn from Hom about what he plans to do and why he plans to do it?
9. How does Michael act during dinner with Hulan, and what does he talk about?
10. Where do Hulan and Michael go after lunch, and what does she hear? What does Michael do?
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)