|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Brian tease as he passes their home in search of more relics?
(b) Wu's widow.
2. What meeting is Captain Hom going to attend?
(a) The Three Gorges Dam Security.
(b) The All Patriotic Society.
(d) The Yu preservation society.
3. Who is Angus Fitzwilliams?
(a) The operator of Cosgrove's.
(b) An English tourist who is trapped by flood waters.
(c) David's best friend from law school.
(d) David's law partner.
4. Whom does Miller say will be blamed if the dam fails?
(a) The local province officals.
(b) The Chinese government.
(c) The Chinese will not admit failure.
5. What does Brian write in his diary two days before his disappearance?
(a) Angela is in danger.
(b) He is leaving for the States the next day.
(c) He is really frightened.
(d) Lily has double crossed him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Angela's occupation?
2. What does the ruyi prove?
3. What does Angela think her brother may have found?
4. Whom does David realize is Xiao Da?
5. What does Michael enjoy more than anything?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Angela say about Brian's notebook? What does she think about his death? What does Hulan ask her to do?
2. With whom does David meet at Cosgrove's? What does David tell this person? What is this person's response?
3. What does Hulan say to Angela when she visits her again, and what does Angela say to Hulan's questions about when she arrived in China?
4. What does Hulan do with Michael after she leaves Hom, and what does he tell her?
5. What does David show to Wu's widow? What do David and the widow do? What does she offer David?
6. How does Stuart feel about the dam project and why does he think it is a good project?
7. What does Hulan learn from Hom about what he plans to do and why he plans to do it?
8. What does Hulan know about her and David after he leaves for Hong Kong and what does she resolve to do?
9. What does Stuart say to Hulan about the dam?
10. With whom does David sit during the auction? What is explained to David? Who bids on the ruyi?
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)