|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Angus Fitzwilliams?
(a) David's best friend from law school.
(b) The operator of Cosgrove's.
(c) David's law partner.
(d) An English tourist who is trapped by flood waters.
2. What is swelling mold?
(a) The way to keep food from spoiling.
(b) A way to preserve artifacts.
(c) A substance used to stop flooding.
(d) A way to keep artifacts cushioned from breaking.
3. What does Brian write in his diary two days before his disappearance?
(a) Angela is in danger.
(b) Lily has double crossed him.
(c) He is leaving for the States the next day.
(d) He is really frightened.
4. Who is Bill Tang?
(a) A high powered corporate lawyer.
(b) A computer programmer from Silicon Valley.
(c) An archeologist at the dig.
(d) A mycologist.
5. How does Ma help David?
(a) Ma gives him Brian's journal.
(b) Ma gives him good advice.
(c) Ma gives him taxi fare home.
(d) Ma pulls him from the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miller say about Brian in relation to Lily?
2. What does Angela think her brother may have found?
3. What does David find in Stuart's home?
4. What does Fitzwilliams admit to David after being pressed?
5. Who is Tang's employer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does David learn from Brian's journal?
2. Why is Tang angry at the end of the bidding for the ruyi? What does he do, and what does David realize about Tang? What does David do when Tang leaves the auction?
3. Who is David surprised to find at the auction and what does he do with him?
4. What happens to David right after the auction? Who helps him?
5. How does Michael act during dinner with Hulan, and what does he talk about?
6. What does David do as soon as he realizes Stuart is in danger?
7. With whom does David meet at Cosgrove's? What does David tell this person? What is this person's response?
8. What does the gate watcher at the compound tell Hulan?
9. What does Hulan learn from Hom about what he plans to do and why he plans to do it?
10. What does Hulan do with Michael after she leaves Hom, and what does he tell her?
This section contains 1,043 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)