|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does David walk around the auction?
(c) Stuart Miller.
2. What does Hulan realize as she is saying goodbye to David?
(a) She has hurt him.
(b) He is getting older.
(c) He is always there for her.
(d) She no longer loves him.
3. Why is David in a hurry to get to Bashan?
(a) To save Hulan.
(b) To reconcile with Hulan.
(c) To save Angela.
(d) To save the other yuri.
4. How much does the ruyi fetch at auction?
(a) 1.5 million.
(b) 28 million.
(c) 8 million.
(d) 12 millon.
5. What link did Brian possibly discover?
(a) Between the All Patriotic Society and the mainstream government.
(b) Between Yu the Great and artifacts at the site.
(c) Between the mushroom and the artifacts.
(d) Between Ma and Miller.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one organization that would like the dam project to be halted?
2. With whom did Brian talk one on one?
3. What is David shocked to learn about the ruyis?
4. What does Fitzwilliams admit to David after being pressed?
5. What does Angela claim about the notebook Hom claims to have found?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Tang angry at the end of the bidding for the ruyi? What does he do, and what does David realize about Tang? What does David do when Tang leaves the auction?
2. What does David do as soon as he realizes Stuart is in danger?
3. What does Hulan ask Stuart about after David leaves for Hong Kong, and what does he tell her about Lily and about himself and artifacts?
4. What does David show to Wu's widow? What do David and the widow do? What does she offer David?
5. With what does Brian become obsessed, and what does he realize about the geographic layout of the land at Site 518?
6. What does Hulan say to Angela when she visits her again, and what does Angela say to Hulan's questions about when she arrived in China?
7. What does Stuart tell David about the ruyi, and what does David realize about Michael Quon?
8. With whom does David meet at Cosgrove's? What does David tell this person? What is this person's response?
9. With whom does David sit during the auction? What is explained to David? Who bids on the ruyi?
10. How does Stuart feel about the dam project and why does he think it is a good project?
This section contains 1,108 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)