|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason for the assignement of David and Hulan to the same case?
(a) To rekindle their marriage.
(b) They are just the best people for the job.
(c) To have an Eastern and Western perspective.
(d) To keep relations between the United States and China on good terms.
2. Who are the vultures?
(a) Five Chinese representatives from various museums.
(b) The raptors in this area.
(c) The heads of the various factions in the All Political Society.
(d) The Chinese Communist party representatives in this area.
3. The vultures think the stolen ruyi is at ______________.
(b) They have no idea.
(d) A museum in England.
4. Where does David go while Hulan is interviewing the foreigners?
(a) To write up a report for the American embassy.
(b) To the guest house.
(c) To notify Lily's next of kin.
(d) To the site.
5. From whom does Hulan take control of the murder scene?
(a) Captain Wu.
(b) Captain Hom.
(c) Sargent Ju.
(d) Lieutenant Wong.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the young boy who kicks the body think?
2. Who is not at the jeep when Hulan and David arrive there?
3. What does the narrator say will be a great achievement?
4. Of what does Li Gou remind David?
5. Who is Xiao Da?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Xiao Da say at the Society meeting and what happens to David and Hulan at the meeting? What does Hulan think is the reason she was sent to Site 518?
2. What does Ma tell Liu about the missing relics in Chapter 6?
3. What is Liu Hulan doing at the opening of Chapter 1?
4. Where do David, Hulan, and Ma go in Chapter 6? What do they see there?
5. What does Brian's sister tell them about him, what does Lily say when she joins them in conversation?
6. What does Hulan find out when she interviews Catherine about Lily's death?
7. What has happened to Lily when David and Liu find her in her bedroom?
8. What are David and Hulan told at their meeting with Zai?
9. Who do Liu and David meet at lunch the first day in Bashan?
10. What happens when Hulan tries to stop a woman from hurting her daughter in the square?
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)