|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David decide to do?
(a) Return to Beijing and his practice.
(b) Fly to the States to tell Lily's parents of her death.
(c) Disassociate himself with Hulan.
(d) Fly to Hong Kong to stop the auction.
2. Whom does Hulan interview first?
(b) Li Guo.
3. The vultures think the stolen ruyi is at ______________.
(a) They have no idea.
(d) A museum in England.
4. Who thinks the foreigners are to blame for the artifact thefts?
(c) All the vultures.
(d) No one.
5. Who is Xiao Da?
(a) The party leader in northern Hunan province.
(b) Liu Hulan's best friend.
(c) The Captain of the Red Square Guard.
(d) The leader of the All Patriotic Society.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dr. Michael Quon?
2. Upon what river is a dead man floating?
3. Who is noted to have control over floods in the Chinese past?
4. Who are the vultures?
5. About what does Hulan instruct the local officials?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Catherine explain to David and Liu about Yu and what symbols does the group at lunch discuss?
2. What does Hulan surprise David with when they return to their room in Chapter 7, what is the result of that surprise and what does Liu question with David?
3. What was Hulan expected to do as her part of the bargain in question #3?
4. What does Ma tell Liu about the missing relics in Chapter 6?
5. Who does Ma first introduce David and Liu to and what does this man tell them?
6. What does Hulan do when the local security forces arrive at Lily's bedroom?
7. What is David, Hulan's husband, doing while she is at the square? What does he do when he sees her on television?
8. How does Hulan think Lily's death is related to Hulan?
9. What happens on the river in the prologue?
10. What does Ma say about the people who have died at Site 518 thus far?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)