|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does David realize is now in danger?
2. Where has Ma gone?
(a) Hong Kong.
(b) He is still at Site 551.
3. From what does Michael say Hulan's career protects her?
4. To what family does the old woman at the gate to the compound belong?
5. With whom does Hulan have dinner?
(a) Michael Quon.
6. What does the ruyi prove?
(a) The existence of Da Yu.
(b) Fungus can survive for centuries.
(d) Foreigners are stealing Chinese artifacts.
7. What is one reason Miller says is the cause for problems at the dam?
(a) Lack of communication.
(b) Lack of unskilled labor.
(c) Chinese government interference.
(d) Bad weather.
8. Who is Tang's employer?
(d) Michael Quon.
9. Who is Bill Tang?
(a) A high powered corporate lawyer.
(b) A mycologist.
(c) An archeologist at the dig.
(d) A computer programmer from Silicon Valley.
10. Where does Miller feel he is safe?
(a) In Quanding.
(b) In Beijing.
(d) At the dam.
11. Why does Miller fund the digs?
(a) He offers no reason.
(b) He wants to preserve artifacts.
(c) He wants the Chinese government to give him the contract for the dam.
(d) He wants the local Chinese people to feel good towards his company.
12. What does Brian write in his diary two days before his disappearance?
(a) Angela is in danger.
(b) Lily has double crossed him.
(c) He is leaving for the States the next day.
(d) He is really frightened.
13. What does Angela claim about the notebook Hom claims to have found?
(a) It is her brother's diary about his work with the Chinese artifacts.
(b) She has not seen the notebook.
(c) She only saw the notebook briefly.
(d) It is her brother's personal diary.
14. What does David suspect Zai knew?
(a) Where the fungus originated.
(b) Xiao Da's identity.
(c) Brian's murderer.
(d) Lily's murderer.
15. What does Brian write to Angela?
(a) To confront Lily about the yuri.
(b) To really look carefully at his photos.
(c) To go to the American embassy.
(d) To not come to China.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David think about concerning Ma?
2. Why is Tang furious?
3. Whose breakfast invitation does Hulan refuse?
4. What is David shocked to learn about the ruyis?
5. What does Miller say to Hulan concerning his connection to Chinese artifacts?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)