|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lily do with Chinese artifacts?
(a) Smuggled them out of China.
(b) Send them on to Stuart Miller.
(c) Catalog them for the Chinese government.
(d) Tried to establish a chain of possession.
2. Who invented the story of the Nine Tripod's possible link to the site?
3. What does Brian write in his diary two days before his disappearance?
(a) He is leaving for the States the next day.
(b) He is really frightened.
(c) Angela is in danger.
(d) Lily has double crossed him.
4. Who brought Lily the artifacts?
5. Where has Ma gone?
(b) Hong Kong.
(d) He is still at Site 551.
6. What does Angela claim about the notebook Hom claims to have found?
(a) It is her brother's diary about his work with the Chinese artifacts.
(b) She has not seen the notebook.
(c) She only saw the notebook briefly.
(d) It is her brother's personal diary.
7. What does Miller say about Brian in relation to Lily?
(a) He hated her.
(b) He was in love with her.
(c) He was her courier.
8. What meeting is Captain Hom going to attend?
(b) The Three Gorges Dam Security.
(c) The Yu preservation society.
(d) The All Patriotic Society.
9. What is one reason Miller says is the cause for problems at the dam?
(a) Chinese government interference.
(b) Lack of unskilled labor.
(c) Lack of communication.
(d) Bad weather.
10. What does Fitzwilliams ask after being told of Lily's death?
(a) Where her belongings are located.
(b) If her family has been informed.
(c) If they can send her body to the States.
(d) If her remains have been released.
11. What link did Brian possibly discover?
(a) Between Yu the Great and artifacts at the site.
(b) Between the mushroom and the artifacts.
(c) Between the All Patriotic Society and the mainstream government.
(d) Between Ma and Miller.
12. What does Miller say to Hulan concerning his connection to Chinese artifacts?
(a) He purchased illegal items from Lily.
(b) He was not interested in purchasing Chinese artifacts.
(c) He refused to have anything to do with what Lily was selling.
(d) He only purchased verified, legal items from Lily.
13. To what does Ma confess?
(a) For whom he works.
(b) His love affair with Angela.
(c) His love affair with Lily.
(d) His involvement in bringing some illegal artifacts to auction.
14. Of what is the ruyi of Yu said to be made?
(a) A natural element.
15. What does Michael say is the reason he dropped the flashlight?
(a) Something bit him on the hand.
(b) He tripped over a dead body.
(c) He wanted to be alone with her in the darkness.
(d) He slipped on some fungus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michael enjoy more than anything?
2. Whom does David realize is Xiao Da?
3. What does Hulan ask Angela to tell others?
4. What is swelling mold?
5. With whom does Hulan have dinner?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)