|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How could David be helping his wife?
(a) By befriending Fitzwilliams.
(b) By getting the Chinese government involved in the artifact auction.
(c) By keeping the ruyi and other artifacts in China.
(d) By going with Ma back to Site 518.
2. What does Brian write to Angela?
(a) To confront Lily about the yuri.
(b) To go to the American embassy.
(c) To really look carefully at his photos.
(d) To not come to China.
3. What has Tang done to Stuart?
(a) Taken him to the Chinese authorities.
(b) Killed him.
(c) Beat him severely.
(d) Let him leave China quietly.
4. What does Fitzwilliams admit to David after being pressed?
(a) He had an affair with Lily.
(b) Lily and another staff member were in China illegally.
(c) His wife and Lily had a serious altercation.
(d) They purchased questionable goods from Lily.
5. What does Hulan ask Angela to tell others?
(a) That Angela found evidence of Brian's involvment in artifact stealing.
(b) That Angela is leaving for the States shortly.
(c) That Angela has given Brian's notebook to Hulan.
(d) That Hulan thinks Brian's death was an accident.
6. What does David suspect Zai knew?
(a) Where the fungus originated.
(b) Xiao Da's identity.
(c) Brian's murderer.
(d) Lily's murderer.
7. Whom does David realize is Xiao Da?
(c) No one.
(d) Michael Quon.
8. Why is Tang furious?
(a) He lost the bid.
(b) He thinks Fitzwilliams wanted the ruyi to go to the winner rather than Tang.
(c) He thinks Miller overmuscled him.
(d) He thinks Fitzwilliams failed to acknowledge Tang's last bid.
9. Who brought Lily the artifacts?
10. Who is Angus Fitzwilliams?
(a) An English tourist who is trapped by flood waters.
(b) David's law partner.
(c) The operator of Cosgrove's.
(d) David's best friend from law school.
11. Where does Miller feel he is safe?
(a) At the dam.
(b) In Beijing.
(c) In Quanding.
12. Where does David tell Fitzwilliams some of the items to be auctioned originated?
(a) Site 518.
(b) A museum that was closed in Wuhan.
(c) Site 889.
(d) An unnamed, illegal archeological site in Hunan.
13. What does David think about concerning Ma?
(a) Why Ma returned to Beijing without selling the ruyi.
(b) Why Ma hired his brother-in-law.
(c) Why Ma wants the ruyi so desperately.
(d) Why Ma pretended not to know Brian was missing.
14. What does the ruyi prove?
(a) Foreigners are stealing Chinese artifacts.
(b) Fungus can survive for centuries.
(d) The existence of Da Yu.
15. What is one reason Miller says is the cause for problems at the dam?
(a) Lack of unskilled labor.
(b) Bad weather.
(c) Chinese government interference.
(d) Lack of communication.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Miller have a sexual relationship with Lily?
2. With what does Brian become obsessed?
3. What does Miller say about Brian in relation to Lily?
4. What do David and Fong see as they are flying?
5. What is swelling mold?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)