|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lily use Wu?
(a) To locate the tripod in the whirlpool.
(b) To intercede with Xiao Da.
(c) To intercede with Miller.
(d) To head off the Chinese government's investigation.
2. Why does Miller have a sexual relationship with Lily?
(a) He's been in love with her for a long time.
(c) They just fell into it and planned to marry.
(d) Miller says he was not involved with Lily sexually.
3. Who was in China before Brian's death?
(a) Brian's parents.
(b) Brian's wife.
(c) Brian's brother.
4. What does Brian write to Angela?
(a) To go to the American embassy.
(b) To confront Lily about the yuri.
(c) To really look carefully at his photos.
(d) To not come to China.
5. What is swelling mold?
(a) A way to keep artifacts cushioned from breaking.
(b) A substance used to stop flooding.
(c) A way to preserve artifacts.
(d) The way to keep food from spoiling.
6. What does Fitzwilliams admit to David after being pressed?
(a) Lily and another staff member were in China illegally.
(b) His wife and Lily had a serious altercation.
(c) They purchased questionable goods from Lily.
(d) He had an affair with Lily.
7. What did Lily do with Chinese artifacts?
(a) Catalog them for the Chinese government.
(b) Send them on to Stuart Miller.
(c) Tried to establish a chain of possession.
(d) Smuggled them out of China.
8. What is branding, cutting off the feet, cutting off the nose, castration, and death?
(a) The Five Punishments of Yu.
(b) The way the All Patriotic Society deals with traitors.
(c) The Five Punishments of Wang Lu.
(d) The way ancient emperors punished their soldiers.
9. What has Tang done to Stuart?
(a) Taken him to the Chinese authorities.
(b) Killed him.
(c) Let him leave China quietly.
(d) Beat him severely.
10. Whom does David realize is now in danger?
11. What is one reason Miller says is the cause for problems at the dam?
(a) Chinese government interference.
(b) Bad weather.
(c) Lack of communication.
(d) Lack of unskilled labor.
12. What is Angela's occupation?
13. Whom does Miller say will be blamed if the dam fails?
(a) The local province officals.
(b) The Chinese will not admit failure.
(d) The Chinese government.
14. With whom did Brian talk one on one?
(b) Xiao da.
(d) Stuart Miller.
15. What does Fitzwilliams ask after being told of Lily's death?
(a) If they can send her body to the States.
(b) If her remains have been released.
(c) Where her belongings are located.
(d) If her family has been informed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Angela claim about the notebook Hom claims to have found?
2. What does David convince Stuart to do?
3. With whom does David walk around the auction?
4. What does Hulan find when she searches Brian's room?
5. With whom is Michael fascinated?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)