|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does David deal with Tang?
(a) Knocks him unconscious.
(b) Shoots him in the kneecap.
(c) Sprays him with mace.
(d) Pretends to agree with Tang.
2. How does Ma help David?
(a) Ma gives him good advice.
(b) Ma pulls him from the river.
(c) Ma gives him taxi fare home.
(d) Ma gives him Brian's journal.
3. Why does Hulan think Brian may have been killed?
(a) For whatever he found that he wrote about to Angela.
(b) For selling Chinese artifacts to the Japanese.
(c) For trying to sabotage the dam project.
(d) For being involved with another man's wife.
4. What does Fitzwilliams admit to David after being pressed?
(a) He had an affair with Lily.
(b) His wife and Lily had a serious altercation.
(c) They purchased questionable goods from Lily.
(d) Lily and another staff member were in China illegally.
5. Who is threatening Miller?
(b) Wu Lin.
(c) Brian's sister.
(d) The All Patriotic Society.
6. With what does Hulan threaten Angela in order to obtain the truth?
(c) Not being allowed to take her brother's body back to the States.
7. What is Angela's occupation?
8. Where does David tell Fitzwilliams some of the items to be auctioned originated?
(a) Site 518.
(b) A museum that was closed in Wuhan.
(c) An unnamed, illegal archeological site in Hunan.
(d) Site 889.
9. Whom does David realize is now in danger?
10. What does Angela think her brother may have found?
(a) A new style of Oriental archetecture.
(b) An artifact dating to the third century B.C.E.
(c) A famous mushroom.
(d) A heretofore unknown subculture.
11. With what does Brian become obsessed?
(b) The All Patriotic Society.
(c) The dam.
(d) A discussion of the ruyi of Yu.
12. What is branding, cutting off the feet, cutting off the nose, castration, and death?
(a) The Five Punishments of Yu.
(b) The way the All Patriotic Society deals with traitors.
(c) The Five Punishments of Wang Lu.
(d) The way ancient emperors punished their soldiers.
13. What does Hulan find when she searches Brian's room?
(a) A video tape.
(b) A cassette tape.
(c) A diary.
(d) No personal effects.
14. To what family does the old woman at the gate to the compound belong?
15. With whom does David walk around the auction?
(d) Stuart Miller.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Angus Fitzwilliams?
2. Who is Tang's employer?
3. What does David think about concerning Ma?
4. Where has Ma gone?
5. With whom is Michael fascinated?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)