|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hulan think she should support because of being educated in the United States?
(a) Higher education for every Chinese person.
(b) Woman's rights.
(d) Religious freedom.
2. What does the young boy who kicks the body think?
(a) It is a crocodile.
(b) It is his friend with whom the boy is swimming.
(c) It is just some debris.
(d) It is a shark.
3. Upon what do Hulan and David agree as they are talking at breakfast?
(a) They should try to have another child.
(b) Lily probably murdered McCarthy.
(c) Ma is hiding something.
(d) They should try to live together again.
4. What is the reason for the assignement of David and Hulan to the same case?
(a) To rekindle their marriage.
(b) They are just the best people for the job.
(c) To keep relations between the United States and China on good terms.
(d) To have an Eastern and Western perspective.
5. What does Michael Quon admit to Hulan?
(a) He likes Lily but not her profession.
(b) He had a fight with Lily's boss earlier that year.
(c) He hates Lily.
(d) He was dating Lily in the States the year before.
6. Who is Catherine?
(a) The archeologist in charge of the dig.
(b) David's sister.
(c) Stuart's wife.
(d) Stuart's daughter.
7. Who is Dr. Michael Quon?
(a) A man who is duped into buying illegal artifacts.
(b) Amulti-talented expert in many fields.
(c) The leader of the group selling illegal artifacts.
(d) David's brother-in-law.
8. What does Hulan do as they pass through Qutang Gorge?
(b) Takes pictures.
(c) Holds David's hand.
(d) Takes a video.
9. What did Michael and Brian do together the last year?
(b) Hang gliding.
10. What does Catherine do when Hulan interviews her?
(a) Refuses to answer any questions.
(c) Breaks down and sobs.
(d) Confesses to knowing the killer.
11. What is one trait Brian McCarthy's sister says about him?
(a) He was easily angered.
(b) He was faithful to his girlfriend back in the States.
(c) He had a lack of common sense.
(d) He was meticulous and careful.
12. What is the relation of the local police captain to the bridge contractor?
(b) Close friend.
13. What is Hulan noted as being?
(a) A Red Queen.
(b) A Red Princess.
(c) A Yellow Princess.
(d) A failed party member.
14. Who is Lily Sinclair?
(a) David's girlfriend before he married Hulan.
(b) A worker for the Cosgrove's auction house.
(c) The head archeologist.
(d) A Chinese philologist.
15. How was Lily mutilated?
(a) Her feet are cut off.
(b) Her hands are cut off.
(c) Her head is cut off.
(d) Her eyes are missing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What family once lived in the guest house?
2. What happens to the body as it floats down the river?
3. What does Hulan stress to the Chinese workers as she informs them of Lily's murder?
4. Where does Ma Hulan and others when they are discussing the death of Brian McCarthy?
5. What did Hulan once fail to do?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)