|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Qutang Gorge?
(a) The first of the Three Gorges.
(b) The last of the Three Gorges.
(c) A gorge about 50 miles east of the Three Gorges.
(d) The second of the Three Gorges.
2. Who is Vie Minister Zai?
(a) Hulan's uncle.
(b) A father figure to Hulan.
(c) Hulan's grandfather.
(d) Hulan's brother.
3. Who are the vultures?
(a) The Chinese Communist party representatives in this area.
(b) The raptors in this area.
(c) Five Chinese representatives from various museums.
(d) The heads of the various factions in the All Political Society.
4. Who is not at the jeep when Hulan and David arrive there?
(c) The driver.
5. For whom does Hulan send?
(a) A diplomat.
(b) A pathologist.
(c) A mortician.
(d) An officer.
6. What do Hulan and David do at Chongqing?
(a) Board a ferry.
(b) Rent a car.
(c) Register with the local authorities.
(d) Board an airplane.
7. What does the local farmer note about the body?
(a) It is a Japanese.
(b) It is wrapped in a shroud.
(c) It is a very young Chinese man.
(d) It is a white man.
8. What does the young boy who kicks the body think?
(a) It is a crocodile.
(b) It is his friend with whom the boy is swimming.
(c) It is just some debris.
(d) It is a shark.
9. Who is Liu Hulan?
(a) A farmer.
(b) A factory worker.
(c) A miner.
(d) An Inspector with the Ministry of Public Security.
10. What family once lived in the guest house?
(a) The Yu family.
(b) The Wu family.
(c) The Wang family.
(d) The Wong family.
11. How does Hulan surprise David in their guest house?
(a) She kisses him.
(b) She says she wants a divorce.
(c) She gives him a present.
(d) She tells him she is pregnant.
12. Who is Yu the Great?
(a) A magistrate who has the Chairman's ear.
(b) The ruler of China at the time of the book.
(c) The ruler of Szechun at the time of the book.
(d) A figure of legend.
13. With what has Lily been swabbed?
(a) Black paint.
(c) Her own blood.
(d) Yellow paint.
14. The vultures think the stolen ruyi is at ______________.
(c) A museum in England.
(d) They have no idea.
15. How does Ma react to news of Lily's death?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Wu drown?
2. Why will the land be inundated in the future?
3. Whom does Hulan interview first?
4. Who disappears from the middle of the courtyard and remarried during the Revolution?
5. What does Hulan do after Chaowen's death?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)