|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 - Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why will the land be inundated in the future?
(a) The Chinese are building a land at the Three Gorges.
(b) There will be a volcanic eruption some time soon.
(c) It is not going to be inundated, but rather become a desert.
(d) They are going to flood the land with just a few inches of water to make rice paddies.
2. Who is Stuart Miller?
(a) Owner of the company building the dam.
(b) A tourist Hulan and David meet.
(c) A visitor to Tienanman Square.
(d) David's other law partner.
3. What does David decide to do?
(a) Fly to Hong Kong to stop the auction.
(b) Disassociate himself with Hulan.
(c) Fly to the States to tell Lily's parents of her death.
(d) Return to Beijing and his practice.
4. How does Ma react to news of Lily's death?
5. What family once lived in the guest house?
(a) The Wong family.
(b) The Yu family.
(c) The Wang family.
(d) The Wu family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the young boy who kicks the body think?
2. Where are Hulan and David going to stay while on assignment?
3. About what organization does Hulan repeatedly ask?
4. With what is Hulan's mother plagued?
5. What is the reason for the assignement of David and Hulan to the same case?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)