|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue, Chapter 1 - Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hulan think she should support because of being educated in the United States?
(a) Religious freedom.
(c) Higher education for every Chinese person.
(d) Woman's rights.
2. Whom was Hulan allowed to marry?
(a) John Stein.
(b) David Stark.
(c) Barry Wiu.
(d) Lao Su.
3. From what did Chaowen die?
(a) Car accident.
(b) Typhoid fever.
4. Who is Brian McCarthy?
(a) A missing British anthropologist.
(b) A missing American entomologist.
(c) A missing American archaeologist.
(d) A missing British photographer.
5. Why will the land be inundated in the future?
(a) It is not going to be inundated, but rather become a desert.
(b) The Chinese are building a land at the Three Gorges.
(c) There will be a volcanic eruption some time soon.
(d) They are going to flood the land with just a few inches of water to make rice paddies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Brian's supervisor?
2. Upon what river is a dead man floating?
3. When does Hulan denounce her father?
4. About what does Hulan lament?
5. What does Tang Wenting say she is there to do?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)