|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue, Chapter 1 - Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Brian McCarthy?
(a) A missing American archaeologist.
(b) A missing British photographer.
(c) A missing American entomologist.
(d) A missing British anthropologist.
2. What does Tang Wenting say she is there to do?
(a) Kill Chairman Mao.
(b) Kill Hulan.
(c) Punish her child.
(d) Kill herself.
3. From what did Chaowen die?
(a) Typhoid fever.
(b) Car accident.
4. What does the narrator say will be a great achievement?
(a) The narrator does not mention a great achievement.
(b) The Three Gorges Dam.
(c) The body reaching its burial spot intact.
(d) Stopping the oncoming lava flow.
5. Who is Liu Hulan?
(a) A farmer.
(b) An Inspector with the Ministry of Public Security.
(c) A factory worker.
(d) A miner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon what river is a dead man floating?
2. With whom does Hulan make a deal five years earlier?
3. What is the All Patriotic Society?
4. What does Hulan think she should support because of being educated in the United States?
5. With what is Hulan's mother plagued?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)