|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue, Chapter 1 - Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hulan think she should support because of being educated in the United States?
(a) Higher education for every Chinese person.
(c) Woman's rights.
(d) Religious freedom.
2. Who is Brian McCarthy?
(a) A missing American archaeologist.
(b) A missing American entomologist.
(c) A missing British anthropologist.
(d) A missing British photographer.
3. With whom does Hulan make a deal five years earlier?
(a) A group of high-powered political figures in Korea.
(b) A group of high-powered political figures in Japan.
(c) A group of high-powered political figures who rule China.
(d) A group of high-powered political figures in the United States.
4. Who is Tang Wenting?
(a) A Red Square guard.
(b) A lieutenant in the All Patriotic Society.
(c) The new Tienanmen Square worker supervisor.
(d) Hulan's sister.
5. To what is Hulan being assigned?
(a) To investigate the death of a foreigner.
(b) To Hunan province.
(c) To investigate the All Patriotic Society.
(d) To Hong Kong criminal investigations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hulan do after Chaowen's death?
2. About what does Hulan lament?
3. What happens to the body as it floats down the river?
4. Who is Brian's supervisor?
5. What does Tang Wenting say she is there to do?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)