Prologue, Chapter 1 - Chapter 3
1. Upon what river is a dead man floating?
2. What happens to the body as it floats down the river?
(a) It becomes more and more disfigured.
(b) It rotates on a regular basis.
(c) It starts glowing.
(d) It turns yellow.
3. What does the young boy who kicks the body think?
(a) It is his friend with whom the boy is swimming.
(b) It is a shark.
(c) It is a crocodile.
(d) It is just some debris.
4. Why will the land be inundated in the future?
(a) It is not going to be inundated, but rather become a desert.
(b) They are going to flood the land with just a few inches of water to make rice paddies.
(c) There will be a volcanic eruption some time soon.
(d) The Chinese are building a land at the Three Gorges.
5. What does the narrator say will be a great achievement?
(a) The narrator does not mention a great achievement.
(b) The body reaching its burial spot intact.
(c) The Three Gorges Dam.
(d) Stopping the oncoming lava flow.
This section contains 4,529 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)