Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Renfield manage to tell the vampire-hunting team, despite his injuries?
2. What kind of information does Harker agree to provide for Van Helsing after Lucy's death?
3. How does Mina react to Van Helsing's assessment of Harker's journal?
4. What does Van Helsing use to make putty while visiting Lucy's tomb?
5. What prized possession did Dracula destroy when he visited Seward's office?
Essay Topic 1
Mina is described as having a "man's brain" and a "woman's heart." Discuss the meaning of this description and how these qualities manifest themselves in at least three of her character's choices or actions throughout the story.
Essay Topic 2
The use of religious symbols -- such as crucifixes and holy wafers -- are present throughout the novel. Discuss the role of religion (and of Christianity in particular) in "Dracula".
Essay Topic 3
Why does Stoker choose Lucy to die as a result of Dracula's bite instead of Mina? Give at least three reasons for his choice, making sure to use direct evidence from the text to support your argument.
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)