|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Seward conclude Renfield has a sense of assurance about, despite his wildly different moods and behaviors?
2. In what form is Seward's diary recorded?
3. What physical changes does Harker notice about Mina after she has been bitten?
4. What route does the team decide Dracula will take back to his home?
5. How does Holmwood plan to gain entry to Dracula's Piccadilly house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Van Helsing's assessment of Harker's journals?
2. Why does Mina ask Seward for permission to visit Renfield?
3. What does Mina conclude about how Dracula will be trying to get home?
4. What tools does Mina use to deduce where Dracula goes once he is back on land?
5. How does Seward try to draw Renfield out in conversation?
6. What favors does Mina ask of the team before they depart to meet Dracula's ship after she has been bitten?
7. What does Van Helsing say needs to be done to Lucy in order for her to be set freed from being a vampire?
8. Why do Mina and Holmwood agree to share their diaries with Seward?
9. How is the vampire Lucy killed?
10. What does Mina tell the vampire-hunting team she sees the first time she undergoes hypnosis?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Stoker choose Lucy to die as a result of Dracula's bite instead of Mina? Give at least three reasons for his choice, making sure to use direct evidence from the text to support your argument.
Essay Topic 2
Choose three instances of foreshadowing that happen within the first three chapters of the novel and describe which future event that each predicts/foreshadows.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the scene in Chapter 3 where Harker is nearly seduced by the three female vampires. What does this scene tell the reader about traditional gender roles or sexuality during the time that "Dracula" was written?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)