|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Renfield manage to tell the vampire-hunting team, despite his injuries?
2. What kind of information does Harker agree to provide for Van Helsing after Lucy's death?
3. How does Mina react to Van Helsing's assessment of Harker's journal?
4. What does Van Helsing use to make putty while visiting Lucy's tomb?
5. What prized possession did Dracula destroy when he visited Seward's office?
Essay Topic 1
Complete a critical examination of the institution of marriage in the novel, making sure to address at least two ways that the marriages within the novel support the stereotypes and social expectations of the time and two ways that the marriages within the novel go against the stereotypes of the times.
Essay Topic 2
Dracula is supposedly based on a real historical figure named Vlad the Impaler. Find three similarities between this historical figure and the literary character and explain how and when they appear in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Choose and explain four traditional elements of a Gothic novel and cite an example of each from "Dracula".
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)