|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the vampire-hunting team manage to clear the chapel of the animals that have suddenly appeared?
2. What does Seward conclude Renfield has a sense of assurance about, despite his wildly different moods and behaviors?
3. Despite his injuries, what does Renfield manage to tell the vampire-hunting team about Mina?
4. Which character does Mina bite before the team is preparing to depart to meet Dracula's coffin when it departs the ship?
5. What does Holmwood offer Mina as thanks for her comfort during his grieving process?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The use of religious symbols -- such as crucifixes and holy wafers -- are present throughout the novel. Discuss the role of religion (and of Christianity in particular) in "Dracula".
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast one virtuous (by Victorian standards) female character with another non-virtuous female character from "Dracula". Keep in mind that the vampire version of a character can be compared and contrasted with her non-vampire self.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the scene in Chapter 3 where Harker is nearly seduced by the three female vampires. What does this scene tell the reader about traditional gender roles or sexuality during the time that "Dracula" was written?
This section contains 981 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)