|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of the wooden boxes does the vampire-hunting team locate during their mission after Mina is attacked?
2. Where does the group head after they realize they will not meet Dracula's ship where they first planned to?
3. What creature begins to fill the chapel when the vampire-hunting team enters, looking for the wooden boxes?
4. Why does Seward deny Renfield's request after Holmwood and Morris have visited him?
5. What big project are Seward and Mina working on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the team take Mina's first hypnosis session to mean?
2. What does Mina tell the vampire-hunting team she sees the first time she undergoes hypnosis?
3. Why does Mina ask Seward for permission to visit Renfield?
4. What favors does Mina ask of the team before they depart to meet Dracula's ship after she has been bitten?
5. How is the vampire Lucy killed?
6. Why does Van Helsing put a holy wafer on Mina's forehead after she has been bitten by Dracula?
7. How does Seward react to the idea that Lucy is a vampire after her death?
8. What can the reader assume has happened to Mina after she is found looking very pale after a thick mist entered her room?
9. What does Van Helsing say needs to be done to Lucy in order for her to be set freed from being a vampire?
10. What is the first vow the vampire-hunting team makes to each other?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One of the recurring themes in the novel is the conflict between good and evil. Is Dracula a truly evil character? Does he have any redeeming or good qualities? Present an argument supporting or arguing against Dracula being a purely bad character, making sure to cite specific details from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Complete a character analysis of Quincey Morris, listing three literary devices that Stoker uses to develop his character. Make sure to discuss Morris' death in your essay.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 3, a fair-haired female vampire accuses Dracula of being incapable of loving. Present an argument that supports or refutes this statement, making sure to use at least three examples from the text to support your position.
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)