|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leads the charge to find the missing wooden boxes?
2. What does Lucy do with what she has with her when she meets Van Helsing, Seward, Holmwood, and Morris near her tomb?
3. What route does the team decide Dracula will take back to his home?
4. Why does Van Helsing want Mina to visit after Lucy's death?
5. What does Van Helsing use to make putty while visiting Lucy's tomb?
Essay Topic 1
One of the recurring themes in the novel is the conflict between good and evil. Is Dracula a truly evil character? Does he have any redeeming or good qualities? Present an argument supporting or arguing against Dracula being a purely bad character, making sure to cite specific details from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the novel, Stoker presents very strict, complicated ways of killing vampires -- and yet Dracula's own death doesn't seem to abide by these rules. Write an essay that addresses this complicated ending and what experience it leaves the reader with at the conclusion of the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Complete a character analysis of Quincey Morris, listing three literary devices that Stoker uses to develop his character. Make sure to discuss Morris' death in your essay.
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)