|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mina reveal under hypnosis about the whereabouts of Dracula's ship?
2. What do Holmwood and Morris think about Renfield after they meet him?
3. Despite his injuries, what does Renfield manage to tell the vampire-hunting team about Mina?
4. What is the name of the ship on which Dracula supposedly made his escape?
5. What kind of injuries does Renfield have when Seward, Van Helsing, Holmwood, and Morris find him in the asylum?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Seward react to the idea that Lucy is a vampire after her death?
2. What does Mina tell the vampire-hunting team she sees the first time she undergoes hypnosis?
3. Why do Mina and Holmwood agree to share their diaries with Seward?
4. What tools does Mina use to deduce where Dracula goes once he is back on land?
5. Why is Mina left behind during the first mission of the vampire-hunting team?
6. What does Van Helsing say needs to be done to Lucy in order for her to be set freed from being a vampire?
7. How does Seward try to draw Renfield out in conversation?
8. Why does Van Helsing put a holy wafer on Mina's forehead after she has been bitten by Dracula?
9. What is the first vow the vampire-hunting team makes to each other?
10. Why doesn't the vampire-hunting team want to break into Dracula's Piccadilly house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dracula is supposedly based on a real historical figure named Vlad the Impaler. Find three similarities between this historical figure and the literary character and explain how and when they appear in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Choose and explain four traditional elements of a Gothic novel and cite an example of each from "Dracula".
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 3, a fair-haired female vampire accuses Dracula of being incapable of loving. Present an argument that supports or refutes this statement, making sure to use at least three examples from the text to support your position.
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)