Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Renfield manage to tell the vampire-hunting team, despite his injuries?
2. What kind of information does Harker agree to provide for Van Helsing after Lucy's death?
3. How does Mina react to Van Helsing's assessment of Harker's journal?
4. What does Van Helsing use to make putty while visiting Lucy's tomb?
5. What prized possession did Dracula destroy when he visited Seward's office?
Essay Topic 1
One of the recurring themes in the novel is the conflict between good and evil. Is Dracula a truly evil character? Does he have any redeeming or good qualities? Present an argument supporting or arguing against Dracula being a purely bad character, making sure to cite specific details from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
One of the novel's major themes is the conflict between the traditional and the modern. Choose three characters or events and explain, using evidence from the text, how they represent this conflict.
Essay Topic 3
Pick two seemingly minor characters in the novel (such as Renfield and Mr. Swales) and discuss how Stoker uses them in at least three ways to contribute to the novel.
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)