Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Renfield manage to tell the vampire-hunting team, despite his injuries?
2. What kind of information does Harker agree to provide for Van Helsing after Lucy's death?
3. How does Mina react to Van Helsing's assessment of Harker's journal?
4. What does Van Helsing use to make putty while visiting Lucy's tomb?
5. What prized possession did Dracula destroy when he visited Seward's office?
Essay Topic 1
One of the recurring themes in the novel is the conflict between good and evil. Is Dracula a truly evil character? Does he have any redeeming or good qualities? Present an argument supporting or arguing against Dracula being a purely bad character, making sure to cite specific details from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast one virtuous (by Victorian standards) female character with another non-virtuous female character from "Dracula". Keep in mind that the vampire version of a character can be compared and contrasted with her non-vampire self.
Essay Topic 3
Write a paper that critically examines what happens to Lucy in the novel. Is her murder justified? Could her death even be considered a murder? Was it the only option? Was it an act of love or an act of despair -- or both? Would you have done the same thing to her? Would you have wanted your life to end the way hers did?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)