|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Van Helsing use the putty he makes for?
2. What do Holmwood and Morris think about Renfield after they meet him?
3. What does the group fear will happen to Mina if she dies before Dracula is killed?
4. What object does Dracula flee with after attacking the vampire-hunting team?
5. How does the vampire-hunting team manage to clear the chapel of the animals that have suddenly appeared?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Van Helsing say needs to be done to Lucy in order for her to be set freed from being a vampire?
2. What can the reader assume has happened to Mina after she is found looking very pale after a thick mist entered her room?
3. How does Van Helsing explain what a vampire is to Seward?
4. After Mina learns of her psychic connection to Dracula, why does she excuse herself from learning more about the vampire-hunting team's plans?
5. What arguments does Mina give for why she should come with the team when they leave to intercept Dracula's coffin once it has left London?
6. What prayer does Mina ask her husband to read aloud?
7. What does Mina tell the vampire-hunting team she sees the first time she undergoes hypnosis?
8. What does Mina conclude about how Dracula will be trying to get home?
9. Why does Mina ask Seward for permission to visit Renfield?
10. What favors does Mina ask of the team before they depart to meet Dracula's ship after she has been bitten?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose three instances of foreshadowing that happen within the first three chapters of the novel and describe which future event that each predicts/foreshadows.
Essay Topic 2
"Dracula" is very much a product of the time it was written. Choose three key elements of the novel and discuss how they are specific of their time and would, consequently, not work if the novel were written today.
Essay Topic 3
Why does Stoker choose Lucy to die as a result of Dracula's bite instead of Mina? Give at least three reasons for his choice, making sure to use direct evidence from the text to support your argument.
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)