|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Renfield's opinion of Mina?
(a) That she is cruel and mean.
(b) That she should be committed to the asylum, too.
(c) That she is a vampire in disguise.
(d) That she is kind and charming.
2. What about Mina causes Van Helsing to be concerned while they are waiting for Dracula's ship to arrive?
(a) Her rapid weight loss.
(b) Her growing lethargy.
(c) Her sleepwalking.
(d) Her strange ramblings.
3. What is Renfield and Mina's initial conversation like?
(a) Crazed and scary.
(b) Calm and reasoned.
(c) Fun and relaxing.
(d) None of these answers is correct.
4. How does the vampire-hunting team manage to clear the chapel of the animals that have suddenly appeared?
(a) The animals suddenly disappear on their own.
(b) With the dogs they brought along.
(c) They end up chopping them up with their swords.
(d) With fire from their torches.
5. What is the name of the name of the house Dracula purchased for his London residency?
6. What does Mina do with Seward's diary entries?
(a) Translate them from Latin.
(b) Rewrite them so they are no longer backward.
(c) Transcibe them.
(d) Translate them from code.
7. Once the team learns that Dracula is back on land, how do Holmwood and Seward plan to catch him?
(a) By horse and carriage.
(b) By horseback.
(c) By steamboat.
(d) None of these answers is correct.
8. Why does the group decide that Mina must once more be privy to the plans to destroy Dracula?
(a) So that she can fight to survive for herself, too.
(b) Because she is starting to ask too many questions.
(c) Because they can't leave her behind since she was bitten.
(d) So that she stops annoying them.
9. Where do Harker and Mina stay while they are working with Seward in the asylum?
(a) In the church next door.
(b) They refuse to stay with Seward.
(c) In private quarters.
(d) They go undercover with the inmates.
10. What urgent message does an attendant bring to Seward after he speaks to Renfield about Renfield's changing moods?
(a) That Renfield has met with a serious accident.
(b) That Renfield has escaped from his room, but not the asylum.
(c) That Renfield has been attacked by a mob of masked men.
(d) That Renfield is now only speaking in French.
11. What does Van Helsing flash at the Count to make him disappear while he is with Mina and Harker?
(a) A crucifix.
(b) A mirror.
(c) A holy wafer.
12. What does Seward conclude Renfield has a sense of assurance about, despite his wildly different moods and behaviors?
(a) That he will die soon.
(b) That Mina will marry him.
(c) That he will get out of the asylum soon.
(d) That he will acquire some higher life.
13. What is the name of the ship on which Dracula supposedly made his escape?
(a) The Kon Tiki.
(b) The Czarina Catherine.
(c) The Adagio.
(d) The Hyperion.
14. Which word can best be used to describe Dracula's appearance in front of Mina, Harker, Seward, Holmwood, and Morris?
15. Why does Seward want to spend the night in Lucy's tomb?
(a) To prove that she's not a vampire.
(b) To see if someone is coming into it.
(c) To say goodbye one last time.
(d) To protect her tomb from vandals.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the team travel en route to meet the ship Dracula is on once he has left London?
2. What does Renfield manage to tell the vampire-hunting team, despite his injuries?
3. What is the first thing the vampire-hunting team notices when they enter the chapel while searching for the wooden boxes?
4. How does Seward explain Lucy's lack of decomposition to Van Helsing?
5. What physical changes does Harker notice about Mina after she has been bitten?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)