|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Seward take Renfield's sense of self-assurance to mean?
(a) That Dracula has visited him.
(b) That he is a vampire.
(c) That he is psychic.
(d) That he is in fact insane.
2. What does Mina reveal under hypnosis about the whereabouts of Dracula's ship?
(a) It has been delayed at port of entry.
(b) That it is late but still at sea.
(c) That it has been taken over by pirates.
(d) That it has sunk.
3. What does Seward conclude Renfield has a sense of assurance about, despite his wildly different moods and behaviors?
(a) That he will get out of the asylum soon.
(b) That Mina will marry him.
(c) That he will acquire some higher life.
(d) That he will die soon.
4. Where do Seward and Van Helsing hide on the first night they visit Lucy's tomb?
(a) In special boxes they built that were well hidden.
(b) In the chapel next to her tomb.
(c) In the trees next to her tomb.
(d) In the churchyard.
5. What does Renfield manage to tell the vampire-hunting team, despite his injuries?
(a) That Dracula attacked him.
(b) That he doesn't remember anything about what happened.
(c) That Mina attacked him.
(d) That he tried to kill himself.
6. Which character does Mina bite before the team is preparing to depart to meet Dracula's coffin when it departs the ship?
(b) Van Helsing.
(d) None of these answers is correct.
7. What does Mina do with Seward's diary entries?
(a) Transcibe them.
(b) Translate them from code.
(c) Rewrite them so they are no longer backward.
(d) Translate them from Latin.
8. What does Van Helsing use to make putty while visiting Lucy's tomb?
(a) Stones from the church.
(b) Communion wafers and putty mix.
(c) Putty that has been blessed.
(d) A drop of everyone's blood.
9. What happened to the agent who took over Dracula's box?
(a) He was never heard from again.
(b) He went insane.
(c) He was later found dead with his throat torn open.
(d) He somehow suddenly became very rich.
10. What happens to Renfield as a result of his injuries?
(a) He dies.
(b) He eventually descends into madness.
(c) He recovers from being a vampire.
(d) He recovers and is let out of the asylum.
11. What about Mina causes Van Helsing to be concerned while they are waiting for Dracula's ship to arrive?
(a) Her strange ramblings.
(b) Her growing lethargy.
(c) Her sleepwalking.
(d) Her rapid weight loss.
12. What is the first thing the vampire-hunting team notices when they enter the chapel while searching for the wooden boxes?
(a) An overpowering, nauseating odor.
(b) The terrible cold that suddenly occurred.
(c) The lack of any dust in the room.
(d) Strange music coming from within.
13. Where do Van Helsing and Seward stop before heading to Lucy's tomb?
(a) A library.
(b) A church.
(c) A coffee shop.
(d) A hospital.
14. Despite his injuries, what does Renfield manage to tell the vampire-hunting team about Mina?
(a) That she was with Dracula.
(b) That she has been kidnapped.
(c) That she is dead.
(d) That she fled in the night.
15. After Dracula's ship departs, why does the team decide to keep Mina out of the loop about their plans?
(a) Because she is telepathically connected to the Count.
(b) Because she may be a spy.
(c) Because she has shown herself to be untrustworthy.
(d) Because she may flee and tell everyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. By how many days does the team plan to precede the arrival of Dracula's ship?
2. What object does Dracula flee with after attacking the vampire-hunting team?
3. What does Stoker say the vampire Lucy look like?
4. What is Renfield's opinion of Mina?
5. Where does the group finally learn the missing wooden boxes are located?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)