|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the ship on which Dracula supposedly made his escape?
(a) The Hyperion.
(b) The Czarina Catherine.
(c) The Adagio.
(d) The Kon Tiki.
2. What happens to Renfield as a result of his injuries?
(a) He recovers and is let out of the asylum.
(b) He eventually descends into madness.
(c) He dies.
(d) He recovers from being a vampire.
3. What does Van Helsing use to make putty while visiting Lucy's tomb?
(a) Communion wafers and putty mix.
(b) Stones from the church.
(c) Putty that has been blessed.
(d) A drop of everyone's blood.
4. What is Renfield and Mina's initial conversation like?
(a) Crazed and scary.
(b) None of these answers is correct.
(c) Calm and reasoned.
(d) Fun and relaxing.
5. What is the name of the name of the house Dracula purchased for his London residency?
6. Why does Seward deny Renfield's request after Holmwood and Morris have visited him?
(a) Because he needs a spy in the asylum.
(b) Because he just wants to be cruel.
(c) Because Seward knows he is still a madman.
(d) Because Renfield still owes Seward a lot of money.
7. What does Holmwood offer Mina as thanks for her comfort during his grieving process?
(a) All of his money and property.
(b) A lifetime of brotherly devotion.
(c) All of his property.
(d) All of his money.
8. Once the team learns that Dracula is back on land, how do Mina and Van Helsing plan to catch him?
(a) None of these answers is correct.
(b) By horseback.
(c) By steamboat.
(d) By horse and carriage.
9. What does Seward conclude Renfield has a sense of assurance about, despite his wildly different moods and behaviors?
(a) That he will die soon.
(b) That Mina will marry him.
(c) That he will get out of the asylum soon.
(d) That he will acquire some higher life.
10. Why does Van Helsing want Mina to visit after Lucy's death?
(a) He wants to ask her about her own health.
(b) He wants to get her away from Harker.
(c) He wants to talk to her about Lucy.
(d) He wants to check her for bite marks.
11. What about Renfield amazes Holmwood and Morris the first time they meet him?
(a) His sudden erudite matter.
(b) His knowledge of vampires.
(c) His psychic powers.
(d) The depth of his madness.
12. How does Van Helsing open Lucy's tomb?
(a) With a sledgehammer.
(b) With a key.
(c) With a secret spell.
(d) By holding a crucifix up in front of it.
13. What about Mina causes Van Helsing to be concerned while they are waiting for Dracula's ship to arrive?
(a) Her sleepwalking.
(b) Her strange ramblings.
(c) Her rapid weight loss.
(d) Her growing lethargy.
14. How many of the wooden boxes does the vampire-hunting team find when they enter the chapel?
15. How does the vampire-hunting team manage to clear the chapel of the animals that have suddenly appeared?
(a) With the dogs they brought along.
(b) They end up chopping them up with their swords.
(c) The animals suddenly disappear on their own.
(d) With fire from their torches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What route does the team decide Dracula will take back to his home?
2. When Van Helsing, Seward, Holmwood, and Morris finally encounter Lucy near her tomb, what does she have with her?
3. How does the team travel en route to meet the ship Dracula is on once he has left London?
4. What does Mina reveal under hypnosis about the whereabouts of Dracula's ship?
5. When does Mina's psychic connection to Dracula lessen?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)