|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mina do with Seward's diary entries?
(a) Rewrite them so they are no longer backward.
(b) Transcibe them.
(c) Translate them from Latin.
(d) Translate them from code.
2. What does Van Helsing flash at the Count to make him disappear while he is with Mina and Harker?
(a) A mirror.
(b) A holy wafer.
(d) A crucifix.
3. What is the first thing the vampire-hunting team notices when they enter the chapel while searching for the wooden boxes?
(a) The lack of any dust in the room.
(b) An overpowering, nauseating odor.
(c) Strange music coming from within.
(d) The terrible cold that suddenly occurred.
4. What does Seward take Renfield's sense of self-assurance to mean?
(a) That he is psychic.
(b) That he is a vampire.
(c) That Dracula has visited him.
(d) That he is in fact insane.
5. What does Harker begin researching during his stay with Harker?
(a) The whereabouts of the wooden boxes Dracula sent to London.
(b) The whereabouts of the man he thought was Dracula.
(c) The whereabouts of secret books on vampirism.
(d) The whereabouts of his father's fortune.
6. What route does the team decide Dracula will take back to his home?
(a) The longest route so he can attack the most people on the ship.
(b) The same route he took to come to London.
(c) The shortest route so he can get home faster.
(d) A route that the team would never suspect.
7. What does Van Helsing use the putty he makes for?
(a) To write a curse banishing vampires.
(b) To be able to see footprints from the ghosts walking around.
(c) To make a sticky trap for Lucy to get stuck in.
(d) To seal Lucy's tomb.
8. How does Mina think Van Helsing can exploit her psychic connection to Dracula?
(a) Through prayer.
(b) Through hypnosis.
(c) Through music.
(d) Through church.
9. What does Lucy do with what she has with her when she meets Van Helsing, Seward, Holmwood, and Morris near her tomb?
(a) She holds up the crucifix.
(b) She commands the other vampire to attack.
(c) She attacks them with the dagger.
(d) She throws the child to the side.
10. Despite his injuries, what does Renfield manage to tell the vampire-hunting team about Mina?
(a) That she was with Dracula.
(b) That she is dead.
(c) That she has been kidnapped.
(d) That she fled in the night.
11. After Mina is attacked, what is the vampire-hunting team's new plan?
(a) To wait for Mina to die before they do anything else.
(b) To fan out and search for Dracula in the marketplace.
(c) To destroy all of Dracula's boxes in one day.
(d) To bait Dracula with a bleeding Mina.
12. What does Seward conclude Renfield has a sense of assurance about, despite his wildly different moods and behaviors?
(a) That he will acquire some higher life.
(b) That he will die soon.
(c) That Mina will marry him.
(d) That he will get out of the asylum soon.
13. What big project are Seward and Mina working on?
(a) A chronology of events relating to the vampires.
(b) A monthly newsletter for the asylum residents.
(c) A very large, elaborate funeral for Lucy.
(d) A research journal about tuberculosis in London.
14. What strange phenomenon came into Mina's room while the vampire-hunters were out on their first mission?
(a) Music without a known source.
(b) Freezing cold, even though it was hot outside.
(c) A ghost.
(d) A thick mist.
15. Where do Van Helsing and Seward stop before heading to Lucy's tomb?
(a) A library.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A coffee shop.
(d) A church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What physical changes does Harker notice about Mina after she has been bitten?
2. What does Holmwood offer Mina as thanks for her comfort during his grieving process?
3. What is the name of the ship on which Dracula supposedly made his escape?
4. Where do Seward and Van Helsing hide on the first night they visit Lucy's tomb?
5. When Seward, Van Helsing, Holmwood, and Morris go to Lucy's tomb, what do they find inside her coffin?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)