|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the group finally learn the missing wooden boxes are located?
(b) On a ship in the harbor.
2. Who does Van Helsing blame for the error in the team's plans to meet Dracula's ship?
3. How does Mina react to Van Helsing's assessment of Harker's journal?
(a) She is outraged.
(b) She never knows that Van Helsing read Harker's journal.
(c) She is relieved.
(d) She is overcome with joy.
4. In what form is Seward's diary recorded?
(a) On phonograph.
(b) In Latin.
(c) It's written backward.
(d) In code.
5. With what object does Harker try to attack Dracula with when he appears after they have tried to destroy all of the wooden boxes?
(a) A knife.
(b) A bottle of holy water.
(c) A gun.
(d) A crucifix.
6. What does Harker begin researching during his stay with Harker?
(a) The whereabouts of secret books on vampirism.
(b) The whereabouts of the man he thought was Dracula.
(c) The whereabouts of his father's fortune.
(d) The whereabouts of the wooden boxes Dracula sent to London.
7. What does Seward conclude Renfield has a sense of assurance about, despite his wildly different moods and behaviors?
(a) That Mina will marry him.
(b) That he will die soon.
(c) That he will get out of the asylum soon.
(d) That he will acquire some higher life.
8. What does Lucy do with what she has with her when she meets Van Helsing, Seward, Holmwood, and Morris near her tomb?
(a) She holds up the crucifix.
(b) She throws the child to the side.
(c) She commands the other vampire to attack.
(d) She attacks them with the dagger.
9. Once the team learns that Dracula is back on land, how do Mina and Van Helsing plan to catch him?
(a) By horseback.
(b) None of these answers is correct.
(c) By horse and carriage.
(d) By steamboat.
10. What does Van Helsing use the putty he makes for?
(a) To be able to see footprints from the ghosts walking around.
(b) To seal Lucy's tomb.
(c) To make a sticky trap for Lucy to get stuck in.
(d) To write a curse banishing vampires.
11. Why does Seward want to spend the night in Lucy's tomb?
(a) To prove that she's not a vampire.
(b) To say goodbye one last time.
(c) To protect her tomb from vandals.
(d) To see if someone is coming into it.
12. Despite his injuries, what does Renfield manage to tell the vampire-hunting team about Mina?
(a) That she was with Dracula.
(b) That she is dead.
(c) That she fled in the night.
(d) That she has been kidnapped.
13. How does Harker react to Van Helsing's assessment of his journals?
(a) He is overcome with joy.
(b) He is relieved.
(c) He is outraged.
(d) He never knows that Van Helsing reads his journal.
14. How does Mina think Van Helsing can exploit her psychic connection to Dracula?
(a) Through music.
(b) Through church.
(c) Through hypnosis.
(d) Through prayer.
15. What does Mina reveal under hypnosis about the whereabouts of Dracula's ship?
(a) That it is late but still at sea.
(b) That it has sunk.
(c) That it has been taken over by pirates.
(d) It has been delayed at port of entry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What official -- and despairing -- news does the team learn about the arrival of Dracula's ship?
2. After Mina is attacked, what is the vampire-hunting team's new plan?
3. Where do Van Helsing and Seward stop before heading to Lucy's tomb?
4. How does the team travel en route to meet the ship Dracula is on once he has left London?
5. How many of the wooden boxes does the vampire-hunting team find when they enter the chapel?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)