|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Van Helsing, Seward, Holmwood, and Morris finally encounter Lucy near her tomb, what does she have with her?
(a) A bloody dagger.
(b) A small child.
(c) A crucifix.
(d) Three other vampires.
2. How does Holmwood plan to gain entry to Dracula's Piccadilly house?
(a) By pretending to be a plumber.
(b) By posing as the homeowner and hiring a locksmith.
(c) By breaking in.
(d) By pretending to be a deliveryman.
3. What prized possession did Dracula destroy when he visited Seward's office?
(a) A very old and hold crucifix.
(b) The windows, protecting all of Seward's research from the rain.
(c) Pictures of Lucy before she died.
(d) The manuscript the team had been working on.
4. What does Van Helsing use the putty he makes for?
(a) To write a curse banishing vampires.
(b) To seal Lucy's tomb.
(c) To make a sticky trap for Lucy to get stuck in.
(d) To be able to see footprints from the ghosts walking around.
5. Once the team learns that Dracula is back on land, how do Mina and Van Helsing plan to catch him?
(a) By horse and carriage.
(b) By horseback.
(c) By steamboat.
(d) None of these answers is correct.
6. Why does the group decide that Mina must once more be privy to the plans to destroy Dracula?
(a) So that she can fight to survive for herself, too.
(b) Because she is starting to ask too many questions.
(c) Because they can't leave her behind since she was bitten.
(d) So that she stops annoying them.
7. Which character does Mina bite before the team is preparing to depart to meet Dracula's coffin when it departs the ship?
(a) None of these answers is correct.
(c) Van Helsing.
8. What is the name of the ship on which Dracula supposedly made his escape?
(a) The Adagio.
(b) The Kon Tiki.
(c) The Czarina Catherine.
(d) The Hyperion.
9. What do Van Helsing and Seward discover in Lucy's tomb the first time they visit it?
(a) That Lucy's tomb has been robbed.
(b) That Lucy's coffin is empty.
(c) That someone has been leaving letters for Lucy inside the tomb.
(d) That a dummy has been put in the coffin instead of Lucy.
10. What route does the team decide Dracula will take back to his home?
(a) A route that the team would never suspect.
(b) The same route he took to come to London.
(c) The longest route so he can attack the most people on the ship.
(d) The shortest route so he can get home faster.
11. What is Renfield and Mina's initial conversation like?
(a) None of these answers is correct.
(b) Crazed and scary.
(c) Calm and reasoned.
(d) Fun and relaxing.
12. What happened to the agent who took over Dracula's box?
(a) He went insane.
(b) He somehow suddenly became very rich.
(c) He was never heard from again.
(d) He was later found dead with his throat torn open.
13. Which word can best be used to describe Dracula's appearance in front of Mina, Harker, Seward, Holmwood, and Morris?
14. What does the team learn once they arrive at their new destination?
(a) That they have been misled by Dracula's spies.
(b) That Dracula's ship has already landed.
(c) That the ship will arrive any moment.
(d) That they are wrong -- again -- about where they should be.
15. What physical changes does Harker notice about Mina after she has been bitten?
(a) That her lips are drawn and her teeth show prominently.
(b) That he fingernails are getting very, very long.
(c) That she only wants to wear black.
(d) That she refuses to travel without her cape.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of the wooden boxes does the vampire-hunting team locate during their mission after Mina is attacked?
2. What physical change about Mina worries Van Helsing?
3. Why does Seward deny Renfield's request after Holmwood and Morris have visited him?
4. How does the team travel en route to meet the ship Dracula is on once he has left London?
5. After Dracula's ship departs, why does the team decide to keep Mina out of the loop about their plans?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)