|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mina think Van Helsing can exploit her psychic connection to Dracula?
(a) Through church.
(b) Through music.
(c) Through prayer.
(d) Through hypnosis.
2. What official -- and despairing -- news does the team learn about the arrival of Dracula's ship?
(a) That it arrived before they did.
(b) That it is going to a different port.
(c) That it is going to be three months late.
(d) That none of the crew is left alive.
3. What is Renfield's opinion of Mina?
(a) That she is a vampire in disguise.
(b) That she should be committed to the asylum, too.
(c) That she is kind and charming.
(d) That she is cruel and mean.
4. What does Lucy do with what she has with her when she meets Van Helsing, Seward, Holmwood, and Morris near her tomb?
(a) She attacks them with the dagger.
(b) She commands the other vampire to attack.
(c) She holds up the crucifix.
(d) She throws the child to the side.
5. How many of the wooden boxes does the vampire-hunting team locate during their mission after Mina is attacked?
(a) All but two.
(b) All of them.
(c) All but one.
(d) They think they get them all, but they have miscounted.
6. How does Holmwood plan to gain entry to Dracula's Piccadilly house?
(a) By posing as the homeowner and hiring a locksmith.
(b) By breaking in.
(c) By pretending to be a deliveryman.
(d) By pretending to be a plumber.
7. Despite his injuries, what does Renfield manage to tell the vampire-hunting team about Mina?
(a) That she is dead.
(b) That she was with Dracula.
(c) That she has been kidnapped.
(d) That she fled in the night.
8. What do Van Helsing and Seward discover in Lucy's tomb the first time they visit it?
(a) That someone has been leaving letters for Lucy inside the tomb.
(b) That Lucy's tomb has been robbed.
(c) That a dummy has been put in the coffin instead of Lucy.
(d) That Lucy's coffin is empty.
9. What does Van Helsing use the putty he makes for?
(a) To make a sticky trap for Lucy to get stuck in.
(b) To be able to see footprints from the ghosts walking around.
(c) To seal Lucy's tomb.
(d) To write a curse banishing vampires.
10. What does the team learn once they arrive at their new destination?
(a) That the ship will arrive any moment.
(b) That they are wrong -- again -- about where they should be.
(c) That they have been misled by Dracula's spies.
(d) That Dracula's ship has already landed.
11. Where does the group head after they realize they will not meet Dracula's ship where they first planned to?
12. How does Seward react to Renfield's constantly changing moods and behaviors?
(a) He thinks he has developed a split personality.
(b) He thinks he is on the road to a full recovery.
(c) He remains suspicious.
(d) He thinks he is half vampire, half human.
13. What does Mina do with Seward's diary entries?
(a) Translate them from code.
(b) Translate them from Latin.
(c) Transcibe them.
(d) Rewrite them so they are no longer backward.
14. What strange phenomenon came into Mina's room while the vampire-hunters were out on their first mission?
(a) Music without a known source.
(b) A ghost.
(c) A thick mist.
(d) Freezing cold, even though it was hot outside.
15. With what object does Harker try to attack Dracula with when he appears after they have tried to destroy all of the wooden boxes?
(a) A knife.
(b) A crucifix.
(c) A bottle of holy water.
(d) A gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What physical change about Mina worries Van Helsing?
2. Which character does Mina bite before the team is preparing to depart to meet Dracula's coffin when it departs the ship?
3. Why does the group decide that Mina must once more be privy to the plans to destroy Dracula?
4. What about Renfield amazes Holmwood and Morris the first time they meet him?
5. Why does Van Helsing want Mina to visit after Lucy's death?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)