|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Harker and Mina stay while they are working with Seward in the asylum?
(a) They go undercover with the inmates.
(b) They refuse to stay with Seward.
(c) In private quarters.
(d) In the church next door.
2. Why does the group decide that Mina must once more be privy to the plans to destroy Dracula?
(a) So that she stops annoying them.
(b) Because she is starting to ask too many questions.
(c) Because they can't leave her behind since she was bitten.
(d) So that she can fight to survive for herself, too.
3. What about Renfield amazes Holmwood and Morris the first time they meet him?
(a) His sudden erudite matter.
(b) The depth of his madness.
(c) His knowledge of vampires.
(d) His psychic powers.
4. What does Harker begin researching during his stay with Harker?
(a) The whereabouts of secret books on vampirism.
(b) The whereabouts of the wooden boxes Dracula sent to London.
(c) The whereabouts of the man he thought was Dracula.
(d) The whereabouts of his father's fortune.
5. What physical changes does Harker notice about Mina after she has been bitten?
(a) That she refuses to travel without her cape.
(b) That he fingernails are getting very, very long.
(c) That she only wants to wear black.
(d) That her lips are drawn and her teeth show prominently.
6. What does Van Helsing use to make putty while visiting Lucy's tomb?
(a) Stones from the church.
(b) A drop of everyone's blood.
(c) Communion wafers and putty mix.
(d) Putty that has been blessed.
7. Where do Van Helsing and Seward stop before heading to Lucy's tomb?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A coffee shop.
(c) A church.
(d) A library.
8. How many of the wooden boxes does the vampire-hunting team locate during their mission after Mina is attacked?
(a) All but two.
(b) All but one.
(c) They think they get them all, but they have miscounted.
(d) All of them.
9. What does Van Helsing flash at the Count to make him disappear while he is with Mina and Harker?
(a) A crucifix.
(c) A mirror.
(d) A holy wafer.
10. What does Seward conclude Renfield has a sense of assurance about, despite his wildly different moods and behaviors?
(a) That Mina will marry him.
(b) That he will acquire some higher life.
(c) That he will die soon.
(d) That he will get out of the asylum soon.
11. What does the telegram from Mina (to the vampire-hunting team) say about Dracula?
(a) That he has left Carfax and is headed toward Piccadilly.
(b) That he has come to attack her again.
(c) That he has left for London.
(d) That he is wearing a new disguise.
12. After Mina is attacked, what is the vampire-hunting team's new plan?
(a) To bait Dracula with a bleeding Mina.
(b) To fan out and search for Dracula in the marketplace.
(c) To wait for Mina to die before they do anything else.
(d) To destroy all of Dracula's boxes in one day.
13. What happens to Renfield as a result of his injuries?
(a) He recovers from being a vampire.
(b) He dies.
(c) He recovers and is let out of the asylum.
(d) He eventually descends into madness.
14. What does Lucy do with what she has with her when she meets Van Helsing, Seward, Holmwood, and Morris near her tomb?
(a) She commands the other vampire to attack.
(b) She attacks them with the dagger.
(c) She holds up the crucifix.
(d) She throws the child to the side.
15. Once the team learns that Dracula is back on land, how do Harker and Morris plan to catch him?
(a) None of these answers is correct.
(b) By steamboat.
(c) By horse and carriage.
(d) By horseback.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the team hope to intercept Dracula?
2. How does Van Helsing open Lucy's tomb?
3. What does Stoker say the vampire Lucy look like?
4. What does the team learn once they arrive at their new destination?
5. What is the name of the name of the house Dracula purchased for his London residency?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)