|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what form is Seward's diary recorded?
(a) In code.
(b) In Latin.
(c) On phonograph.
(d) It's written backward.
2. What condition is Mina in when the vampire-hunting team returns from their journey to the chapel (to hunt for the wooden boxes)?
(a) She is asleep and very pale.
(b) She seems to have gone insane.
(c) She is anxious and worried.
(d) She has seen something horrible and can no longer speak.
3. What do Holmwood and Morris think about Renfield after they meet him?
(a) That he should be let loose as a way of tracking Dracula.
(b) That he could be released.
(c) That he should be given a private room.
(d) That he should be provided with better food.
4. What does Mina reveal under hypnosis about the whereabouts of Dracula's ship?
(a) That it has been taken over by pirates.
(b) That it is late but still at sea.
(c) It has been delayed at port of entry.
(d) That it has sunk.
5. Which character does Mina bite before the team is preparing to depart to meet Dracula's coffin when it departs the ship?
(b) None of these answers is correct.
(d) Van Helsing.
6. What physical changes does Harker notice about Mina after she has been bitten?
(a) That he fingernails are getting very, very long.
(b) That she refuses to travel without her cape.
(c) That she only wants to wear black.
(d) That her lips are drawn and her teeth show prominently.
7. What does Renfield manage to tell the vampire-hunting team, despite his injuries?
(a) That he tried to kill himself.
(b) That he doesn't remember anything about what happened.
(c) That Mina attacked him.
(d) That Dracula attacked him.
8. What does Seward conclude Renfield has a sense of assurance about, despite his wildly different moods and behaviors?
(a) That he will get out of the asylum soon.
(b) That he will die soon.
(c) That Mina will marry him.
(d) That he will acquire some higher life.
9. What about Renfield amazes Holmwood and Morris the first time they meet him?
(a) The depth of his madness.
(b) His knowledge of vampires.
(c) His psychic powers.
(d) His sudden erudite matter.
10. How many of the wooden boxes does the vampire-hunting team find when they enter the chapel?
11. Once the team learns that Dracula is back on land, how do Holmwood and Seward plan to catch him?
(a) By steamboat.
(b) By horseback.
(c) None of these answers is correct.
(d) By horse and carriage.
12. How does the team travel en route to meet the ship Dracula is on once he has left London?
(a) By horseback.
(b) By train.
(c) By foot.
(d) By private cars.
13. What is the first thing the vampire-hunting team notices when they enter the chapel while searching for the wooden boxes?
(a) The lack of any dust in the room.
(b) Strange music coming from within.
(c) An overpowering, nauseating odor.
(d) The terrible cold that suddenly occurred.
14. What physical change about Mina worries Van Helsing?
(a) The hardening of her eyes.
(b) The extreme growth of her fingernails.
(c) Her horrible breath.
(d) Her extreme weight loss.
15. Who does Van Helsing blame for the error in the team's plans to meet Dracula's ship?
Short Answer Questions
1. With what object does Harker try to attack Dracula with when he appears after they have tried to destroy all of the wooden boxes?
2. What official -- and despairing -- news does the team learn about the arrival of Dracula's ship?
3. How does Holmwood plan to gain entry to Dracula's Piccadilly house?
4. What prized possession did Dracula destroy when he visited Seward's office?
5. Once the team learns that Dracula is back on land, how do Mina and Van Helsing plan to catch him?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)