|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Mina end up reading Harker's diary?
(a) Just before Lucy dies.
(b) While Harker is still in a hospital in Budapest.
(c) After Lucy dies.
(d) She never reads his diary.
2. How does Harker react to Van Helsing's assessment of his journals?
(a) He is outraged.
(b) He is overcome with joy.
(c) He is relieved.
(d) He never knows that Van Helsing reads his journal.
3. Where does the group head after they realize they will not meet Dracula's ship where they first planned to?
4. By how many days does the team plan to precede the arrival of Dracula's ship?
(a) A week.
(b) They plan to arrive on the same day as the ship.
(c) Five days.
(d) One or two days.
5. Which word can best be used to describe Dracula's appearance in front of Mina, Harker, Seward, Holmwood, and Morris?
6. What does Stoker say the vampire Lucy look like?
(a) Her eyes blaze with "unholy light."
(b) She resembles the "darkest of demons."
(c) Her arms look like "the scrawny limbs of a dead tree."
(d) Her hair "blows in the wind as if it were smoke."
7. What about Mina causes Van Helsing to be concerned while they are waiting for Dracula's ship to arrive?
(a) Her growing lethargy.
(b) Her strange ramblings.
(c) Her sleepwalking.
(d) Her rapid weight loss.
8. What physical changes does Harker notice about Mina after she has been bitten?
(a) That she refuses to travel without her cape.
(b) That her lips are drawn and her teeth show prominently.
(c) That he fingernails are getting very, very long.
(d) That she only wants to wear black.
9. What kind of information does Harker agree to provide for Van Helsing after Lucy's death?
(a) Information on Lucy's family.
(b) Information on Mina's health status.
(c) Information on Count Dracula.
(d) Information about the three female vampires.
10. What does the team learn once they arrive at their new destination?
(a) That the ship will arrive any moment.
(b) That Dracula's ship has already landed.
(c) That they are wrong -- again -- about where they should be.
(d) That they have been misled by Dracula's spies.
11. What creature begins to fill the chapel when the vampire-hunting team enters, looking for the wooden boxes?
12. What does the group fear will happen to Mina if she dies before Dracula is killed?
(a) She will be stuck between being in heaven and becoming a vampire.
(b) She will assist Dracula as a ghost.
(c) She won't be able to help them anymore.
(d) She will become one of the "Un-Dead."
13. What object does Dracula flee with after attacking the vampire-hunting team?
(b) A crucifix.
(c) A pile of money.
(d) A book.
14. What do Holmwood and Morris think about Renfield after they meet him?
(a) That he should be provided with better food.
(b) That he could be released.
(c) That he should be given a private room.
(d) That he should be let loose as a way of tracking Dracula.
15. What does the telegram from Mina (to the vampire-hunting team) say about Dracula?
(a) That he has left Carfax and is headed toward Piccadilly.
(b) That he has come to attack her again.
(c) That he has left for London.
(d) That he is wearing a new disguise.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the group finally learn the missing wooden boxes are located?
2. After Dracula's ship departs, why does the team decide to keep Mina out of the loop about their plans?
3. What physical change about Mina worries Van Helsing?
4. What does Holmwood offer Mina as thanks for her comfort during his grieving process?
5. Where does the team hope to intercept Dracula?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)