|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Van Helsing want Mina to visit after Lucy's death?
(a) He wants to ask her about her own health.
(b) He wants to get her away from Harker.
(c) He wants to talk to her about Lucy.
(d) He wants to check her for bite marks.
2. What condition is Mina in when the vampire-hunting team returns from their journey to the chapel (to hunt for the wooden boxes)?
(a) She has seen something horrible and can no longer speak.
(b) She is asleep and very pale.
(c) She is anxious and worried.
(d) She seems to have gone insane.
3. What about Renfield amazes Holmwood and Morris the first time they meet him?
(a) The depth of his madness.
(b) His knowledge of vampires.
(c) His sudden erudite matter.
(d) His psychic powers.
4. How many of the wooden boxes does the vampire-hunting team locate during their mission after Mina is attacked?
(a) They think they get them all, but they have miscounted.
(b) All but two.
(c) All but one.
(d) All of them.
5. What strange phenomenon came into Mina's room while the vampire-hunters were out on their first mission?
(a) Music without a known source.
(b) Freezing cold, even though it was hot outside.
(c) A thick mist.
(d) A ghost.
6. Where does the group head after they realize they will not meet Dracula's ship where they first planned to?
7. Where does the group finally learn the missing wooden boxes are located?
(b) On a ship in the harbor.
8. What does the telegram from Mina (to the vampire-hunting team) say about Dracula?
(a) That he is wearing a new disguise.
(b) That he has come to attack her again.
(c) That he has left Carfax and is headed toward Piccadilly.
(d) That he has left for London.
9. Who reads all of Lucy's diary and letters in an attempt to understand her situation?
(b) Lucy's mother.
(d) Van Helsing.
10. How does Harker react to Van Helsing's assessment of his journals?
(a) He never knows that Van Helsing reads his journal.
(b) He is overcome with joy.
(c) He is outraged.
(d) He is relieved.
11. What kind of information does Harker agree to provide for Van Helsing after Lucy's death?
(a) Information on Count Dracula.
(b) Information on Mina's health status.
(c) Information about the three female vampires.
(d) Information on Lucy's family.
12. Once the team learns that Dracula is back on land, how do Mina and Van Helsing plan to catch him?
(a) By horse and carriage.
(b) By horseback.
(c) By steamboat.
(d) None of these answers is correct.
13. What route does the team decide Dracula will take back to his home?
(a) The longest route so he can attack the most people on the ship.
(b) The shortest route so he can get home faster.
(c) The same route he took to come to London.
(d) A route that the team would never suspect.
14. What is the name of the ship on which Dracula supposedly made his escape?
(a) The Adagio.
(b) The Kon Tiki.
(c) The Hyperion.
(d) The Czarina Catherine.
15. How does Seward react to Renfield's constantly changing moods and behaviors?
(a) He thinks he has developed a split personality.
(b) He thinks he is half vampire, half human.
(c) He remains suspicious.
(d) He thinks he is on the road to a full recovery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the team learn once they arrive at their new destination?
2. How does Mina think Van Helsing can exploit her psychic connection to Dracula?
3. When Seward, Van Helsing, Holmwood, and Morris go to Lucy's tomb, what do they find inside her coffin?
4. Which character does Mina bite before the team is preparing to depart to meet Dracula's coffin when it departs the ship?
5. What prized possession did Dracula destroy when he visited Seward's office?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)