Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Renfield manage to tell the vampire-hunting team, despite his injuries?
(a) That Mina attacked him.
(b) That he doesn't remember anything about what happened.
(c) That Dracula attacked him.
(d) That he tried to kill himself.
2. What kind of information does Harker agree to provide for Van Helsing after Lucy's death?
(a) Information on Mina's health status.
(b) Information on Lucy's family.
(c) Information about the three female vampires.
(d) Information on Count Dracula.
3. How does Mina react to Van Helsing's assessment of Harker's journal?
(a) She is outraged.
(b) She never knows that Van Helsing read Harker's journal.
(c) She is relieved.
(d) She is overcome with joy.
4. What does Van Helsing use to make putty while visiting Lucy's tomb?
(a) Stones from the church.
(b) A drop of everyone's blood.
(c) Putty that has been blessed.
(d) Communion wafers and putty mix.
5. What prized possession did Dracula destroy when he visited Seward's office?
(a) Pictures of Lucy before she died.
(b) The manuscript the team had been working on.
(c) The windows, protecting all of Seward's research from the rain.
(d) A very old and hold crucifix.
6. Despite his injuries, what does Renfield manage to tell the vampire-hunting team about Mina?
(a) That she fled in the night.
(b) That she has been kidnapped.
(c) That she is dead.
(d) That she was with Dracula.
7. How does the vampire-hunting team manage to clear the chapel of the animals that have suddenly appeared?
(a) With fire from their torches.
(b) They end up chopping them up with their swords.
(c) With the dogs they brought along.
(d) The animals suddenly disappear on their own.
8. What is the name of the ship on which Dracula supposedly made his escape?
(a) The Hyperion.
(b) The Adagio.
(c) The Czarina Catherine.
(d) The Kon Tiki.
9. Why does Seward want to spend the night in Lucy's tomb?
(a) To say goodbye one last time.
(b) To prove that she's not a vampire.
(c) To see if someone is coming into it.
(d) To protect her tomb from vandals.
10. What does Van Helsing flash at the Count to make him disappear while he is with Mina and Harker?
(a) A mirror.
(b) A crucifix.
(d) A holy wafer.
11. Once the team learns that Dracula is back on land, how do Mina and Van Helsing plan to catch him?
(a) By steamboat.
(b) By horse and carriage.
(c) None of these answers is correct.
(d) By horseback.
12. What does Mina reveal under hypnosis about the whereabouts of Dracula's ship?
(a) It has been delayed at port of entry.
(b) That it has been taken over by pirates.
(c) That it has sunk.
(d) That it is late but still at sea.
13. Why does Seward deny Renfield's request after Holmwood and Morris have visited him?
(a) Because he just wants to be cruel.
(b) Because Renfield still owes Seward a lot of money.
(c) Because he needs a spy in the asylum.
(d) Because Seward knows he is still a madman.
14. What about Renfield amazes Holmwood and Morris the first time they meet him?
(a) His knowledge of vampires.
(b) The depth of his madness.
(c) His psychic powers.
(d) His sudden erudite matter.
15. What physical changes does Harker notice about Mina after she has been bitten?
(a) That her lips are drawn and her teeth show prominently.
(b) That he fingernails are getting very, very long.
(c) That she refuses to travel without her cape.
(d) That she only wants to wear black.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once the team learns that Dracula is back on land, how do Holmwood and Seward plan to catch him?
2. After Mina is attacked, what is the vampire-hunting team's new plan?
3. By how many days does the team plan to precede the arrival of Dracula's ship?
4. What does Seward take Renfield's sense of self-assurance to mean?
5. What official -- and despairing -- news does the team learn about the arrival of Dracula's ship?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)