|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Van Helsing use to make putty while visiting Lucy's tomb?
(a) Stones from the church.
(b) Communion wafers and putty mix.
(c) A drop of everyone's blood.
(d) Putty that has been blessed.
2. After Dracula's ship departs, why does the team decide to keep Mina out of the loop about their plans?
(a) Because she has shown herself to be untrustworthy.
(b) Because she may be a spy.
(c) Because she may flee and tell everyone.
(d) Because she is telepathically connected to the Count.
3. How many of the wooden boxes does the vampire-hunting team locate during their mission after Mina is attacked?
(a) All of them.
(b) They think they get them all, but they have miscounted.
(c) All but one.
(d) All but two.
4. What does Lucy do with what she has with her when she meets Van Helsing, Seward, Holmwood, and Morris near her tomb?
(a) She attacks them with the dagger.
(b) She commands the other vampire to attack.
(c) She holds up the crucifix.
(d) She throws the child to the side.
5. What creature begins to fill the chapel when the vampire-hunting team enters, looking for the wooden boxes?
6. What kind of information does Harker agree to provide for Van Helsing after Lucy's death?
(a) Information about the three female vampires.
(b) Information on Mina's health status.
(c) Information on Count Dracula.
(d) Information on Lucy's family.
7. What do Holmwood and Morris think about Renfield after they meet him?
(a) That he could be released.
(b) That he should be given a private room.
(c) That he should be let loose as a way of tracking Dracula.
(d) That he should be provided with better food.
8. What does the team learn once they arrive at their new destination?
(a) That they have been misled by Dracula's spies.
(b) That the ship will arrive any moment.
(c) That they are wrong -- again -- about where they should be.
(d) That Dracula's ship has already landed.
9. What strange phenomenon came into Mina's room while the vampire-hunters were out on their first mission?
(a) A ghost.
(b) Freezing cold, even though it was hot outside.
(c) Music without a known source.
(d) A thick mist.
10. What happened to the agent who took over Dracula's box?
(a) He was later found dead with his throat torn open.
(b) He somehow suddenly became very rich.
(c) He was never heard from again.
(d) He went insane.
11. What is the name of the name of the house Dracula purchased for his London residency?
12. What do Van Helsing and Seward discover in Lucy's tomb the first time they visit it?
(a) That someone has been leaving letters for Lucy inside the tomb.
(b) That a dummy has been put in the coffin instead of Lucy.
(c) That Lucy's tomb has been robbed.
(d) That Lucy's coffin is empty.
13. Why does the group decide that Mina must once more be privy to the plans to destroy Dracula?
(a) So that she can fight to survive for herself, too.
(b) So that she stops annoying them.
(c) Because she is starting to ask too many questions.
(d) Because they can't leave her behind since she was bitten.
14. With what object does Harker try to attack Dracula with when he appears after they have tried to destroy all of the wooden boxes?
(a) A knife.
(b) A bottle of holy water.
(c) A crucifix.
(d) A gun.
15. Who leads the charge to find the missing wooden boxes?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mina react to Van Helsing's assessment of Harker's journal?
2. Who reads all of Lucy's diary and letters in an attempt to understand her situation?
3. What does Seward conclude Renfield has a sense of assurance about, despite his wildly different moods and behaviors?
4. How does Harker react to Van Helsing's assessment of his journals?
5. When does Mina's psychic connection to Dracula lessen?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)