|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What physical change about Mina worries Van Helsing?
(a) Her horrible breath.
(b) The hardening of her eyes.
(c) The extreme growth of her fingernails.
(d) Her extreme weight loss.
2. What kind of injuries does Renfield have when Seward, Van Helsing, Holmwood, and Morris find him in the asylum?
(a) His legs have been tied behind his back.
(b) His legs have been broken.
(c) His neck and back appear to be broken.
(d) He has been beaten on the chest.
3. Why does the group decide that Mina must once more be privy to the plans to destroy Dracula?
(a) Because she is starting to ask too many questions.
(b) So that she stops annoying them.
(c) Because they can't leave her behind since she was bitten.
(d) So that she can fight to survive for herself, too.
4. Who does Van Helsing blame for the error in the team's plans to meet Dracula's ship?
5. What does Van Helsing use to make putty while visiting Lucy's tomb?
(a) Stones from the church.
(b) Putty that has been blessed.
(c) A drop of everyone's blood.
(d) Communion wafers and putty mix.
6. What condition is Mina in when the vampire-hunting team returns from their journey to the chapel (to hunt for the wooden boxes)?
(a) She seems to have gone insane.
(b) She is asleep and very pale.
(c) She is anxious and worried.
(d) She has seen something horrible and can no longer speak.
7. What is the name of the ship on which Dracula supposedly made his escape?
(a) The Kon Tiki.
(b) The Czarina Catherine.
(c) The Adagio.
(d) The Hyperion.
8. What about Mina causes Van Helsing to be concerned while they are waiting for Dracula's ship to arrive?
(a) Her strange ramblings.
(b) Her sleepwalking.
(c) Her rapid weight loss.
(d) Her growing lethargy.
9. In what form is Seward's diary recorded?
(a) It's written backward.
(b) In code.
(c) On phonograph.
(d) In Latin.
10. Where does the team hope to intercept Dracula?
(a) In Madrid.
(b) In the city of Varna.
(c) In Romania.
(d) In New York.
11. Where do Seward and Van Helsing hide on the first night they visit Lucy's tomb?
(a) In the trees next to her tomb.
(b) In the chapel next to her tomb.
(c) In the churchyard.
(d) In special boxes they built that were well hidden.
12. What does Van Helsing use the putty he makes for?
(a) To write a curse banishing vampires.
(b) To make a sticky trap for Lucy to get stuck in.
(c) To seal Lucy's tomb.
(d) To be able to see footprints from the ghosts walking around.
13. Which character does Mina bite before the team is preparing to depart to meet Dracula's coffin when it departs the ship?
(a) None of these answers is correct.
(c) Van Helsing.
14. What route does the team decide Dracula will take back to his home?
(a) The same route he took to come to London.
(b) The longest route so he can attack the most people on the ship.
(c) The shortest route so he can get home faster.
(d) A route that the team would never suspect.
15. What happens to Renfield as a result of his injuries?
(a) He dies.
(b) He recovers from being a vampire.
(c) He eventually descends into madness.
(d) He recovers and is let out of the asylum.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what object does Harker try to attack Dracula with when he appears after they have tried to destroy all of the wooden boxes?
2. Who leads the charge to find the missing wooden boxes?
3. How does Mina react to Van Helsing's assessment of Harker's journal?
4. What official -- and despairing -- news does the team learn about the arrival of Dracula's ship?
5. Once the team learns that Dracula is back on land, how do Holmwood and Seward plan to catch him?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)