|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harker begin researching during his stay with Harker?
(a) The whereabouts of his father's fortune.
(b) The whereabouts of the wooden boxes Dracula sent to London.
(c) The whereabouts of secret books on vampirism.
(d) The whereabouts of the man he thought was Dracula.
2. What is the first thing the vampire-hunting team notices when they enter the chapel while searching for the wooden boxes?
(a) The lack of any dust in the room.
(b) Strange music coming from within.
(c) The terrible cold that suddenly occurred.
(d) An overpowering, nauseating odor.
3. What does Mina do with Seward's diary entries?
(a) Translate them from Latin.
(b) Transcibe them.
(c) Rewrite them so they are no longer backward.
(d) Translate them from code.
4. What does the team learn once they arrive at their new destination?
(a) That they are wrong -- again -- about where they should be.
(b) That the ship will arrive any moment.
(c) That Dracula's ship has already landed.
(d) That they have been misled by Dracula's spies.
5. Which character does Mina bite before the team is preparing to depart to meet Dracula's coffin when it departs the ship?
(b) None of these answers is correct.
(d) Van Helsing.
6. What big project are Seward and Mina working on?
(a) A chronology of events relating to the vampires.
(b) A very large, elaborate funeral for Lucy.
(c) A research journal about tuberculosis in London.
(d) A monthly newsletter for the asylum residents.
7. What does Seward take Renfield's sense of self-assurance to mean?
(a) That he is psychic.
(b) That he is in fact insane.
(c) That he is a vampire.
(d) That Dracula has visited him.
8. Once the team learns that Dracula is back on land, how do Mina and Van Helsing plan to catch him?
(a) By horse and carriage.
(b) By steamboat.
(c) By horseback.
(d) None of these answers is correct.
9. What kind of injuries does Renfield have when Seward, Van Helsing, Holmwood, and Morris find him in the asylum?
(a) He has been beaten on the chest.
(b) His neck and back appear to be broken.
(c) His legs have been tied behind his back.
(d) His legs have been broken.
10. How does the team travel en route to meet the ship Dracula is on once he has left London?
(a) By foot.
(b) By train.
(c) By horseback.
(d) By private cars.
11. What urgent message does an attendant bring to Seward after he speaks to Renfield about Renfield's changing moods?
(a) That Renfield is now only speaking in French.
(b) That Renfield has met with a serious accident.
(c) That Renfield has been attacked by a mob of masked men.
(d) That Renfield has escaped from his room, but not the asylum.
12. What official -- and despairing -- news does the team learn about the arrival of Dracula's ship?
(a) That it is going to be three months late.
(b) That none of the crew is left alive.
(c) That it arrived before they did.
(d) That it is going to a different port.
13. Who reads all of Lucy's diary and letters in an attempt to understand her situation?
(b) Lucy's mother.
(d) Van Helsing.
14. Where does the group head after they realize they will not meet Dracula's ship where they first planned to?
15. What condition is Mina in when the vampire-hunting team returns from their journey to the chapel (to hunt for the wooden boxes)?
(a) She seems to have gone insane.
(b) She is anxious and worried.
(c) She is asleep and very pale.
(d) She has seen something horrible and can no longer speak.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the team hope to intercept Dracula?
2. What physical changes does Harker notice about Mina after she has been bitten?
3. What does Seward conclude Renfield has a sense of assurance about, despite his wildly different moods and behaviors?
4. How does Mina react to Van Helsing's assessment of Harker's journal?
5. Which word can best be used to describe Dracula's appearance in front of Mina, Harker, Seward, Holmwood, and Morris?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)