|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Renfield manage to tell the vampire-hunting team, despite his injuries?
(a) That Dracula attacked him.
(b) That he tried to kill himself.
(c) That he doesn't remember anything about what happened.
(d) That Mina attacked him.
2. What does Seward conclude Renfield has a sense of assurance about, despite his wildly different moods and behaviors?
(a) That he will die soon.
(b) That he will get out of the asylum soon.
(c) That he will acquire some higher life.
(d) That Mina will marry him.
3. How does Harker react to Van Helsing's assessment of his journals?
(a) He is relieved.
(b) He never knows that Van Helsing reads his journal.
(c) He is outraged.
(d) He is overcome with joy.
4. How does Seward explain Lucy's lack of decomposition to Van Helsing?
(a) He says she hasn't been dead that long.
(b) He says its because it's very cold.
(c) He says that they just don't notice anything because they both love her.
(d) He can't explain it.
5. What do Van Helsing and Seward discover in Lucy's tomb the first time they visit it?
(a) That someone has been leaving letters for Lucy inside the tomb.
(b) That a dummy has been put in the coffin instead of Lucy.
(c) That Lucy's coffin is empty.
(d) That Lucy's tomb has been robbed.
6. What do Holmwood and Morris think about Renfield after they meet him?
(a) That he should be let loose as a way of tracking Dracula.
(b) That he should be provided with better food.
(c) That he could be released.
(d) That he should be given a private room.
7. Who leads the charge to find the missing wooden boxes?
8. What physical changes does Harker notice about Mina after she has been bitten?
(a) That her lips are drawn and her teeth show prominently.
(b) That she refuses to travel without her cape.
(c) That she only wants to wear black.
(d) That he fingernails are getting very, very long.
9. What does the team learn once they arrive at their new destination?
(a) That they have been misled by Dracula's spies.
(b) That Dracula's ship has already landed.
(c) That they are wrong -- again -- about where they should be.
(d) That the ship will arrive any moment.
10. In what form is Seward's diary recorded?
(a) On phonograph.
(b) In Latin.
(c) In code.
(d) It's written backward.
11. What happens to Renfield as a result of his injuries?
(a) He recovers from being a vampire.
(b) He eventually descends into madness.
(c) He recovers and is let out of the asylum.
(d) He dies.
12. How does the team travel en route to meet the ship Dracula is on once he has left London?
(a) By horseback.
(b) By train.
(c) By private cars.
(d) By foot.
13. What official -- and despairing -- news does the team learn about the arrival of Dracula's ship?
(a) That it is going to be three months late.
(b) That it is going to a different port.
(c) That none of the crew is left alive.
(d) That it arrived before they did.
14. How does the vampire-hunting team manage to clear the chapel of the animals that have suddenly appeared?
(a) They end up chopping them up with their swords.
(b) With fire from their torches.
(c) The animals suddenly disappear on their own.
(d) With the dogs they brought along.
15. What route does the team decide Dracula will take back to his home?
(a) The shortest route so he can get home faster.
(b) The same route he took to come to London.
(c) A route that the team would never suspect.
(d) The longest route so he can attack the most people on the ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Despite his injuries, what does Renfield manage to tell the vampire-hunting team about Mina?
2. How does Mina react to Van Helsing's assessment of Harker's journal?
3. What is the name of the ship on which Dracula supposedly made his escape?
4. When Seward, Van Helsing, Holmwood, and Morris go to Lucy's tomb, what do they find inside her coffin?
5. What strange phenomenon came into Mina's room while the vampire-hunters were out on their first mission?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)