|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Seward react to Renfield's constantly changing moods and behaviors?
(a) He thinks he has developed a split personality.
(b) He remains suspicious.
(c) He thinks he is on the road to a full recovery.
(d) He thinks he is half vampire, half human.
2. What does the team learn once they arrive at their new destination?
(a) That the ship will arrive any moment.
(b) That Dracula's ship has already landed.
(c) That they have been misled by Dracula's spies.
(d) That they are wrong -- again -- about where they should be.
3. What does Seward take Renfield's sense of self-assurance to mean?
(a) That he is a vampire.
(b) That he is in fact insane.
(c) That Dracula has visited him.
(d) That he is psychic.
4. What official -- and despairing -- news does the team learn about the arrival of Dracula's ship?
(a) That it is going to a different port.
(b) That none of the crew is left alive.
(c) That it arrived before they did.
(d) That it is going to be three months late.
5. How many of the wooden boxes does the vampire-hunting team find when they enter the chapel?
6. What is the first thing the vampire-hunting team notices when they enter the chapel while searching for the wooden boxes?
(a) An overpowering, nauseating odor.
(b) The lack of any dust in the room.
(c) Strange music coming from within.
(d) The terrible cold that suddenly occurred.
7. After Dracula's ship departs, why does the team decide to keep Mina out of the loop about their plans?
(a) Because she may flee and tell everyone.
(b) Because she is telepathically connected to the Count.
(c) Because she may be a spy.
(d) Because she has shown herself to be untrustworthy.
8. When does Mina end up reading Harker's diary?
(a) While Harker is still in a hospital in Budapest.
(b) She never reads his diary.
(c) Just before Lucy dies.
(d) After Lucy dies.
9. Why does Van Helsing want Mina to visit after Lucy's death?
(a) He wants to ask her about her own health.
(b) He wants to talk to her about Lucy.
(c) He wants to check her for bite marks.
(d) He wants to get her away from Harker.
10. In what form is Seward's diary recorded?
(a) On phonograph.
(b) It's written backward.
(c) In code.
(d) In Latin.
11. What strange phenomenon came into Mina's room while the vampire-hunters were out on their first mission?
(a) A ghost.
(b) Music without a known source.
(c) A thick mist.
(d) Freezing cold, even though it was hot outside.
12. How does Holmwood plan to gain entry to Dracula's Piccadilly house?
(a) By posing as the homeowner and hiring a locksmith.
(b) By pretending to be a plumber.
(c) By pretending to be a deliveryman.
(d) By breaking in.
13. What is Renfield and Mina's initial conversation like?
(a) None of these answers is correct.
(b) Fun and relaxing.
(c) Crazed and scary.
(d) Calm and reasoned.
14. What does Mina reveal under hypnosis about the whereabouts of Dracula's ship?
(a) That it has been taken over by pirates.
(b) That it has sunk.
(c) That it is late but still at sea.
(d) It has been delayed at port of entry.
15. What condition is Mina in when the vampire-hunting team returns from their journey to the chapel (to hunt for the wooden boxes)?
(a) She is asleep and very pale.
(b) She is anxious and worried.
(c) She has seen something horrible and can no longer speak.
(d) She seems to have gone insane.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what object does Harker try to attack Dracula with when he appears after they have tried to destroy all of the wooden boxes?
2. What does Mina do with Seward's diary entries?
3. When Van Helsing, Seward, Holmwood, and Morris finally encounter Lucy near her tomb, what does she have with her?
4. How does Harker react to Van Helsing's assessment of his journals?
5. Why does Seward want to spend the night in Lucy's tomb?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)