|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about Renfield amazes Holmwood and Morris the first time they meet him?
(a) His sudden erudite matter.
(b) The depth of his madness.
(c) His knowledge of vampires.
(d) His psychic powers.
2. What route does the team decide Dracula will take back to his home?
(a) The longest route so he can attack the most people on the ship.
(b) A route that the team would never suspect.
(c) The shortest route so he can get home faster.
(d) The same route he took to come to London.
3. Where does the group head after they realize they will not meet Dracula's ship where they first planned to?
4. Which word can best be used to describe Dracula's appearance in front of Mina, Harker, Seward, Holmwood, and Morris?
5. What physical changes does Harker notice about Mina after she has been bitten?
(a) That she only wants to wear black.
(b) That he fingernails are getting very, very long.
(c) That her lips are drawn and her teeth show prominently.
(d) That she refuses to travel without her cape.
6. How does the vampire-hunting team manage to clear the chapel of the animals that have suddenly appeared?
(a) With fire from their torches.
(b) With the dogs they brought along.
(c) They end up chopping them up with their swords.
(d) The animals suddenly disappear on their own.
7. How does Mina react to Van Helsing's assessment of Harker's journal?
(a) She is outraged.
(b) She is relieved.
(c) She is overcome with joy.
(d) She never knows that Van Helsing read Harker's journal.
8. What does Holmwood offer Mina as thanks for her comfort during his grieving process?
(a) A lifetime of brotherly devotion.
(b) All of his money.
(c) All of his property.
(d) All of his money and property.
9. What happens to Renfield as a result of his injuries?
(a) He eventually descends into madness.
(b) He recovers from being a vampire.
(c) He recovers and is let out of the asylum.
(d) He dies.
10. What does Van Helsing use the putty he makes for?
(a) To make a sticky trap for Lucy to get stuck in.
(b) To write a curse banishing vampires.
(c) To seal Lucy's tomb.
(d) To be able to see footprints from the ghosts walking around.
11. What kind of information does Harker agree to provide for Van Helsing after Lucy's death?
(a) Information on Count Dracula.
(b) Information on Mina's health status.
(c) Information about the three female vampires.
(d) Information on Lucy's family.
12. What condition is Mina in when the vampire-hunting team returns from their journey to the chapel (to hunt for the wooden boxes)?
(a) She is asleep and very pale.
(b) She seems to have gone insane.
(c) She is anxious and worried.
(d) She has seen something horrible and can no longer speak.
13. What urgent message does an attendant bring to Seward after he speaks to Renfield about Renfield's changing moods?
(a) That Renfield is now only speaking in French.
(b) That Renfield has escaped from his room, but not the asylum.
(c) That Renfield has been attacked by a mob of masked men.
(d) That Renfield has met with a serious accident.
14. Once the team learns that Dracula is back on land, how do Holmwood and Seward plan to catch him?
(a) None of these answers is correct.
(b) By horse and carriage.
(c) By horseback.
(d) By steamboat.
15. What about Mina causes Van Helsing to be concerned while they are waiting for Dracula's ship to arrive?
(a) Her strange ramblings.
(b) Her growing lethargy.
(c) Her sleepwalking.
(d) Her rapid weight loss.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the team hope to intercept Dracula?
2. What does Lucy do with what she has with her when she meets Van Helsing, Seward, Holmwood, and Morris near her tomb?
3. How many of the wooden boxes does the vampire-hunting team find when they enter the chapel?
4. What does Mina do with Seward's diary entries?
5. What does Harker begin researching during his stay with Harker?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)