|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What official -- and despairing -- news does the team learn about the arrival of Dracula's ship?
(a) That it is going to a different port.
(b) That it is going to be three months late.
(c) That none of the crew is left alive.
(d) That it arrived before they did.
2. What big project are Seward and Mina working on?
(a) A monthly newsletter for the asylum residents.
(b) A chronology of events relating to the vampires.
(c) A research journal about tuberculosis in London.
(d) A very large, elaborate funeral for Lucy.
3. What about Mina causes Van Helsing to be concerned while they are waiting for Dracula's ship to arrive?
(a) Her sleepwalking.
(b) Her strange ramblings.
(c) Her growing lethargy.
(d) Her rapid weight loss.
4. What is the name of the ship on which Dracula supposedly made his escape?
(a) The Czarina Catherine.
(b) The Kon Tiki.
(c) The Hyperion.
(d) The Adagio.
5. Who does Van Helsing blame for the error in the team's plans to meet Dracula's ship?
6. After Mina is attacked, what is the vampire-hunting team's new plan?
(a) To bait Dracula with a bleeding Mina.
(b) To destroy all of Dracula's boxes in one day.
(c) To wait for Mina to die before they do anything else.
(d) To fan out and search for Dracula in the marketplace.
7. What does Van Helsing flash at the Count to make him disappear while he is with Mina and Harker?
(a) A crucifix.
(c) A holy wafer.
(d) A mirror.
8. What does Van Helsing use to make putty while visiting Lucy's tomb?
(a) Communion wafers and putty mix.
(b) A drop of everyone's blood.
(c) Putty that has been blessed.
(d) Stones from the church.
9. What happened to the agent who took over Dracula's box?
(a) He was never heard from again.
(b) He was later found dead with his throat torn open.
(c) He went insane.
(d) He somehow suddenly became very rich.
10. Why does the group decide that Mina must once more be privy to the plans to destroy Dracula?
(a) Because she is starting to ask too many questions.
(b) So that she can fight to survive for herself, too.
(c) Because they can't leave her behind since she was bitten.
(d) So that she stops annoying them.
11. Where do Harker and Mina stay while they are working with Seward in the asylum?
(a) They refuse to stay with Seward.
(b) In private quarters.
(c) They go undercover with the inmates.
(d) In the church next door.
12. How does Holmwood plan to gain entry to Dracula's Piccadilly house?
(a) By pretending to be a plumber.
(b) By posing as the homeowner and hiring a locksmith.
(c) By pretending to be a deliveryman.
(d) By breaking in.
13. When does Mina's psychic connection to Dracula lessen?
(a) Right after he has sucked her blood again.
(b) When he doesn't want to be connected to her.
(c) During daylight hours.
(d) When she is tired.
14. How does the vampire-hunting team manage to clear the chapel of the animals that have suddenly appeared?
(a) With the dogs they brought along.
(b) The animals suddenly disappear on their own.
(c) They end up chopping them up with their swords.
(d) With fire from their torches.
15. What does Stoker say the vampire Lucy look like?
(a) Her arms look like "the scrawny limbs of a dead tree."
(b) Her eyes blaze with "unholy light."
(c) Her hair "blows in the wind as if it were smoke."
(d) She resembles the "darkest of demons."
Short Answer Questions
1. Once the team learns that Dracula is back on land, how do Mina and Van Helsing plan to catch him?
2. How does Van Helsing open Lucy's tomb?
3. When Seward, Van Helsing, Holmwood, and Morris go to Lucy's tomb, what do they find inside her coffin?
4. What does Mina reveal under hypnosis about the whereabouts of Dracula's ship?
5. Who reads all of Lucy's diary and letters in an attempt to understand her situation?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)