|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the agent who took over Dracula's box?
(a) He was later found dead with his throat torn open.
(b) He somehow suddenly became very rich.
(c) He went insane.
(d) He was never heard from again.
2. Who does Van Helsing blame for the error in the team's plans to meet Dracula's ship?
3. Where does the group head after they realize they will not meet Dracula's ship where they first planned to?
4. Which word can best be used to describe Dracula's appearance in front of Mina, Harker, Seward, Holmwood, and Morris?
5. What does Seward take Renfield's sense of self-assurance to mean?
(a) That he is a vampire.
(b) That he is in fact insane.
(c) That he is psychic.
(d) That Dracula has visited him.
6. Once the team learns that Dracula is back on land, how do Harker and Morris plan to catch him?
(a) None of these answers is correct.
(b) By steamboat.
(c) By horseback.
(d) By horse and carriage.
7. After Dracula's ship departs, why does the team decide to keep Mina out of the loop about their plans?
(a) Because she has shown herself to be untrustworthy.
(b) Because she may flee and tell everyone.
(c) Because she may be a spy.
(d) Because she is telepathically connected to the Count.
8. How does Holmwood plan to gain entry to Dracula's Piccadilly house?
(a) By posing as the homeowner and hiring a locksmith.
(b) By pretending to be a plumber.
(c) By pretending to be a deliveryman.
(d) By breaking in.
9. What kind of information does Harker agree to provide for Van Helsing after Lucy's death?
(a) Information on Mina's health status.
(b) Information on Lucy's family.
(c) Information on Count Dracula.
(d) Information about the three female vampires.
10. How many of the wooden boxes does the vampire-hunting team find when they enter the chapel?
11. What is the name of the ship on which Dracula supposedly made his escape?
(a) The Kon Tiki.
(b) The Adagio.
(c) The Czarina Catherine.
(d) The Hyperion.
12. How does Seward explain Lucy's lack of decomposition to Van Helsing?
(a) He can't explain it.
(b) He says its because it's very cold.
(c) He says that they just don't notice anything because they both love her.
(d) He says she hasn't been dead that long.
13. What is the first thing the vampire-hunting team notices when they enter the chapel while searching for the wooden boxes?
(a) The terrible cold that suddenly occurred.
(b) The lack of any dust in the room.
(c) Strange music coming from within.
(d) An overpowering, nauseating odor.
14. Why does the group decide that Mina must once more be privy to the plans to destroy Dracula?
(a) So that she stops annoying them.
(b) Because she is starting to ask too many questions.
(c) Because they can't leave her behind since she was bitten.
(d) So that she can fight to survive for herself, too.
15. How does Mina think Van Helsing can exploit her psychic connection to Dracula?
(a) Through hypnosis.
(b) Through church.
(c) Through prayer.
(d) Through music.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Van Helsing, Seward, Holmwood, and Morris finally encounter Lucy near her tomb, what does she have with her?
2. What big project are Seward and Mina working on?
3. By how many days does the team plan to precede the arrival of Dracula's ship?
4. How does the team travel en route to meet the ship Dracula is on once he has left London?
5. What does Seward conclude Renfield has a sense of assurance about, despite his wildly different moods and behaviors?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)