|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By how many days does the team plan to precede the arrival of Dracula's ship?
(a) Five days.
(b) They plan to arrive on the same day as the ship.
(c) A week.
(d) One or two days.
2. When does Mina's psychic connection to Dracula lessen?
(a) When he doesn't want to be connected to her.
(b) During daylight hours.
(c) When she is tired.
(d) Right after he has sucked her blood again.
3. How does Mina think Van Helsing can exploit her psychic connection to Dracula?
(a) Through church.
(b) Through prayer.
(c) Through music.
(d) Through hypnosis.
4. What kind of injuries does Renfield have when Seward, Van Helsing, Holmwood, and Morris find him in the asylum?
(a) His neck and back appear to be broken.
(b) He has been beaten on the chest.
(c) His legs have been tied behind his back.
(d) His legs have been broken.
5. When Seward, Van Helsing, Holmwood, and Morris go to Lucy's tomb, what do they find inside her coffin?
(b) Her decaying body.
(c) A silver crucifix only.
(d) Her non-decaying body.
6. Why does the group decide that Mina must once more be privy to the plans to destroy Dracula?
(a) So that she can fight to survive for herself, too.
(b) Because they can't leave her behind since she was bitten.
(c) So that she stops annoying them.
(d) Because she is starting to ask too many questions.
7. Despite his injuries, what does Renfield manage to tell the vampire-hunting team about Mina?
(a) That she was with Dracula.
(b) That she has been kidnapped.
(c) That she is dead.
(d) That she fled in the night.
8. What about Mina causes Van Helsing to be concerned while they are waiting for Dracula's ship to arrive?
(a) Her growing lethargy.
(b) Her strange ramblings.
(c) Her sleepwalking.
(d) Her rapid weight loss.
9. What physical changes does Harker notice about Mina after she has been bitten?
(a) That her lips are drawn and her teeth show prominently.
(b) That he fingernails are getting very, very long.
(c) That she refuses to travel without her cape.
(d) That she only wants to wear black.
10. How does Holmwood plan to gain entry to Dracula's Piccadilly house?
(a) By pretending to be a plumber.
(b) By posing as the homeowner and hiring a locksmith.
(c) By pretending to be a deliveryman.
(d) By breaking in.
11. Once the team learns that Dracula is back on land, how do Holmwood and Seward plan to catch him?
(a) By horseback.
(b) By horse and carriage.
(c) By steamboat.
(d) None of these answers is correct.
12. What do Van Helsing and Seward discover in Lucy's tomb the first time they visit it?
(a) That someone has been leaving letters for Lucy inside the tomb.
(b) That Lucy's tomb has been robbed.
(c) That Lucy's coffin is empty.
(d) That a dummy has been put in the coffin instead of Lucy.
13. Who reads all of Lucy's diary and letters in an attempt to understand her situation?
(b) Lucy's mother.
(d) Van Helsing.
14. What creature begins to fill the chapel when the vampire-hunting team enters, looking for the wooden boxes?
15. What does Holmwood offer Mina as thanks for her comfort during his grieving process?
(a) A lifetime of brotherly devotion.
(b) All of his money and property.
(c) All of his property.
(d) All of his money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mina react to Van Helsing's assessment of Harker's journal?
2. What object does Dracula flee with after attacking the vampire-hunting team?
3. After Mina is attacked, what is the vampire-hunting team's new plan?
4. What is the name of the ship on which Dracula supposedly made his escape?
5. How does Seward explain Lucy's lack of decomposition to Van Helsing?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)