|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Seward conclude Renfield has a sense of assurance about, despite his wildly different moods and behaviors?
(a) That he will die soon.
(b) That he will acquire some higher life.
(c) That he will get out of the asylum soon.
(d) That Mina will marry him.
2. What does Mina reveal under hypnosis about the whereabouts of Dracula's ship?
(a) That it has sunk.
(b) That it is late but still at sea.
(c) That it has been taken over by pirates.
(d) It has been delayed at port of entry.
3. Where do Van Helsing and Seward stop before heading to Lucy's tomb?
(a) A church.
(b) A coffee shop.
(c) A library.
(d) A hospital.
4. How does Mina react to Van Helsing's assessment of Harker's journal?
(a) She never knows that Van Helsing read Harker's journal.
(b) She is overcome with joy.
(c) She is outraged.
(d) She is relieved.
5. In what form is Seward's diary recorded?
(a) On phonograph.
(b) In code.
(c) In Latin.
(d) It's written backward.
6. What kind of information does Harker agree to provide for Van Helsing after Lucy's death?
(a) Information on Mina's health status.
(b) Information on Lucy's family.
(c) Information on Count Dracula.
(d) Information about the three female vampires.
7. What is Renfield's opinion of Mina?
(a) That she is kind and charming.
(b) That she should be committed to the asylum, too.
(c) That she is a vampire in disguise.
(d) That she is cruel and mean.
8. What does the group fear will happen to Mina if she dies before Dracula is killed?
(a) She won't be able to help them anymore.
(b) She will become one of the "Un-Dead."
(c) She will assist Dracula as a ghost.
(d) She will be stuck between being in heaven and becoming a vampire.
9. What condition is Mina in when the vampire-hunting team returns from their journey to the chapel (to hunt for the wooden boxes)?
(a) She seems to have gone insane.
(b) She has seen something horrible and can no longer speak.
(c) She is anxious and worried.
(d) She is asleep and very pale.
10. How does the team travel en route to meet the ship Dracula is on once he has left London?
(a) By train.
(b) By horseback.
(c) By foot.
(d) By private cars.
11. What route does the team decide Dracula will take back to his home?
(a) The longest route so he can attack the most people on the ship.
(b) The shortest route so he can get home faster.
(c) The same route he took to come to London.
(d) A route that the team would never suspect.
12. What kind of injuries does Renfield have when Seward, Van Helsing, Holmwood, and Morris find him in the asylum?
(a) He has been beaten on the chest.
(b) His legs have been broken.
(c) His neck and back appear to be broken.
(d) His legs have been tied behind his back.
13. What is Renfield and Mina's initial conversation like?
(a) None of these answers is correct.
(b) Calm and reasoned.
(c) Fun and relaxing.
(d) Crazed and scary.
14. Where does the group head after they realize they will not meet Dracula's ship where they first planned to?
15. When does Mina end up reading Harker's diary?
(a) Just before Lucy dies.
(b) While Harker is still in a hospital in Budapest.
(c) After Lucy dies.
(d) She never reads his diary.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mina think Van Helsing can exploit her psychic connection to Dracula?
2. What does Lucy do with what she has with her when she meets Van Helsing, Seward, Holmwood, and Morris near her tomb?
3. Once the team learns that Dracula is back on land, how do Mina and Van Helsing plan to catch him?
4. What is the first thing the vampire-hunting team notices when they enter the chapel while searching for the wooden boxes?
5. What does Mina do with Seward's diary entries?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)