|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Seward conclude Renfield has a sense of assurance about, despite his wildly different moods and behaviors?
(a) That he will die soon.
(b) That Mina will marry him.
(c) That he will get out of the asylum soon.
(d) That he will acquire some higher life.
2. Where do Harker and Mina stay while they are working with Seward in the asylum?
(a) They go undercover with the inmates.
(b) In the church next door.
(c) They refuse to stay with Seward.
(d) In private quarters.
3. Once the team learns that Dracula is back on land, how do Mina and Van Helsing plan to catch him?
(a) By steamboat.
(b) By horseback.
(c) None of these answers is correct.
(d) By horse and carriage.
4. After Mina is attacked, what is the vampire-hunting team's new plan?
(a) To wait for Mina to die before they do anything else.
(b) To destroy all of Dracula's boxes in one day.
(c) To bait Dracula with a bleeding Mina.
(d) To fan out and search for Dracula in the marketplace.
5. What physical changes does Harker notice about Mina after she has been bitten?
(a) That her lips are drawn and her teeth show prominently.
(b) That he fingernails are getting very, very long.
(c) That she only wants to wear black.
(d) That she refuses to travel without her cape.
6. How does Mina think Van Helsing can exploit her psychic connection to Dracula?
(a) Through music.
(b) Through church.
(c) Through hypnosis.
(d) Through prayer.
7. When Van Helsing, Seward, Holmwood, and Morris finally encounter Lucy near her tomb, what does she have with her?
(a) A small child.
(b) Three other vampires.
(c) A crucifix.
(d) A bloody dagger.
8. When Seward, Van Helsing, Holmwood, and Morris go to Lucy's tomb, what do they find inside her coffin?
(a) A silver crucifix only.
(b) Her non-decaying body.
(d) Her decaying body.
9. Where does the team hope to intercept Dracula?
(a) In Romania.
(b) In New York.
(c) In the city of Varna.
(d) In Madrid.
10. What does Stoker say the vampire Lucy look like?
(a) Her eyes blaze with "unholy light."
(b) She resembles the "darkest of demons."
(c) Her arms look like "the scrawny limbs of a dead tree."
(d) Her hair "blows in the wind as if it were smoke."
11. When does Mina's psychic connection to Dracula lessen?
(a) When she is tired.
(b) When he doesn't want to be connected to her.
(c) Right after he has sucked her blood again.
(d) During daylight hours.
12. What kind of injuries does Renfield have when Seward, Van Helsing, Holmwood, and Morris find him in the asylum?
(a) His legs have been broken.
(b) His neck and back appear to be broken.
(c) He has been beaten on the chest.
(d) His legs have been tied behind his back.
13. What does Lucy do with what she has with her when she meets Van Helsing, Seward, Holmwood, and Morris near her tomb?
(a) She attacks them with the dagger.
(b) She throws the child to the side.
(c) She holds up the crucifix.
(d) She commands the other vampire to attack.
14. What does Holmwood offer Mina as thanks for her comfort during his grieving process?
(a) A lifetime of brotherly devotion.
(b) All of his property.
(c) All of his money.
(d) All of his money and property.
15. What does Renfield manage to tell the vampire-hunting team, despite his injuries?
(a) That he doesn't remember anything about what happened.
(b) That he tried to kill himself.
(c) That Dracula attacked him.
(d) That Mina attacked him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mina do with Seward's diary entries?
2. What do Van Helsing and Seward discover in Lucy's tomb the first time they visit it?
3. Why does Van Helsing want Mina to visit after Lucy's death?
4. What does Van Helsing use the putty he makes for?
5. How does Harker react to Van Helsing's assessment of his journals?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)