|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the agent who took over Dracula's box?
(a) He was never heard from again.
(b) He went insane.
(c) He somehow suddenly became very rich.
(d) He was later found dead with his throat torn open.
2. What does Van Helsing use to make putty while visiting Lucy's tomb?
(a) Putty that has been blessed.
(b) A drop of everyone's blood.
(c) Communion wafers and putty mix.
(d) Stones from the church.
3. What kind of injuries does Renfield have when Seward, Van Helsing, Holmwood, and Morris find him in the asylum?
(a) His neck and back appear to be broken.
(b) His legs have been tied behind his back.
(c) His legs have been broken.
(d) He has been beaten on the chest.
4. What big project are Seward and Mina working on?
(a) A very large, elaborate funeral for Lucy.
(b) A research journal about tuberculosis in London.
(c) A chronology of events relating to the vampires.
(d) A monthly newsletter for the asylum residents.
5. Once the team learns that Dracula is back on land, how do Mina and Van Helsing plan to catch him?
(a) By horseback.
(b) By steamboat.
(c) None of these answers is correct.
(d) By horse and carriage.
6. Who leads the charge to find the missing wooden boxes?
7. What does Stoker say the vampire Lucy look like?
(a) She resembles the "darkest of demons."
(b) Her eyes blaze with "unholy light."
(c) Her arms look like "the scrawny limbs of a dead tree."
(d) Her hair "blows in the wind as if it were smoke."
8. How does Mina think Van Helsing can exploit her psychic connection to Dracula?
(a) Through church.
(b) Through hypnosis.
(c) Through prayer.
(d) Through music.
9. What does Lucy do with what she has with her when she meets Van Helsing, Seward, Holmwood, and Morris near her tomb?
(a) She holds up the crucifix.
(b) She commands the other vampire to attack.
(c) She attacks them with the dagger.
(d) She throws the child to the side.
10. What urgent message does an attendant bring to Seward after he speaks to Renfield about Renfield's changing moods?
(a) That Renfield is now only speaking in French.
(b) That Renfield has met with a serious accident.
(c) That Renfield has been attacked by a mob of masked men.
(d) That Renfield has escaped from his room, but not the asylum.
11. Which character does Mina bite before the team is preparing to depart to meet Dracula's coffin when it departs the ship?
(c) Van Helsing.
(d) None of these answers is correct.
12. What does Van Helsing flash at the Count to make him disappear while he is with Mina and Harker?
(a) A mirror.
(c) A crucifix.
(d) A holy wafer.
13. How many of the wooden boxes does the vampire-hunting team locate during their mission after Mina is attacked?
(a) All of them.
(b) All but two.
(c) All but one.
(d) They think they get them all, but they have miscounted.
14. In what form is Seward's diary recorded?
(a) In Latin.
(b) In code.
(c) It's written backward.
(d) On phonograph.
15. What is Renfield's opinion of Mina?
(a) That she is cruel and mean.
(b) That she should be committed to the asylum, too.
(c) That she is kind and charming.
(d) That she is a vampire in disguise.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once the team learns that Dracula is back on land, how do Harker and Morris plan to catch him?
2. Why does Seward want to spend the night in Lucy's tomb?
3. When Van Helsing, Seward, Holmwood, and Morris finally encounter Lucy near her tomb, what does she have with her?
4. What route does the team decide Dracula will take back to his home?
5. What condition is Mina in when the vampire-hunting team returns from their journey to the chapel (to hunt for the wooden boxes)?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)