|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What big project are Seward and Mina working on?
(a) A research journal about tuberculosis in London.
(b) A monthly newsletter for the asylum residents.
(c) A very large, elaborate funeral for Lucy.
(d) A chronology of events relating to the vampires.
2. What kind of information does Harker agree to provide for Van Helsing after Lucy's death?
(a) Information about the three female vampires.
(b) Information on Lucy's family.
(c) Information on Mina's health status.
(d) Information on Count Dracula.
3. Which word can best be used to describe Dracula's appearance in front of Mina, Harker, Seward, Holmwood, and Morris?
4. What does Holmwood offer Mina as thanks for her comfort during his grieving process?
(a) All of his money and property.
(b) All of his money.
(c) A lifetime of brotherly devotion.
(d) All of his property.
5. What physical changes does Harker notice about Mina after she has been bitten?
(a) That her lips are drawn and her teeth show prominently.
(b) That he fingernails are getting very, very long.
(c) That she only wants to wear black.
(d) That she refuses to travel without her cape.
6. What is the name of the ship on which Dracula supposedly made his escape?
(a) The Hyperion.
(b) The Kon Tiki.
(c) The Czarina Catherine.
(d) The Adagio.
7. Where does the group head after they realize they will not meet Dracula's ship where they first planned to?
8. Which character does Mina bite before the team is preparing to depart to meet Dracula's coffin when it departs the ship?
(b) Van Helsing.
(c) None of these answers is correct.
9. What condition is Mina in when the vampire-hunting team returns from their journey to the chapel (to hunt for the wooden boxes)?
(a) She has seen something horrible and can no longer speak.
(b) She is anxious and worried.
(c) She is asleep and very pale.
(d) She seems to have gone insane.
10. What happened to the agent who took over Dracula's box?
(a) He was later found dead with his throat torn open.
(b) He was never heard from again.
(c) He somehow suddenly became very rich.
(d) He went insane.
11. What does Lucy do with what she has with her when she meets Van Helsing, Seward, Holmwood, and Morris near her tomb?
(a) She attacks them with the dagger.
(b) She throws the child to the side.
(c) She holds up the crucifix.
(d) She commands the other vampire to attack.
12. Once the team learns that Dracula is back on land, how do Holmwood and Seward plan to catch him?
(a) None of these answers is correct.
(b) By steamboat.
(c) By horse and carriage.
(d) By horseback.
13. Once the team learns that Dracula is back on land, how do Harker and Morris plan to catch him?
(a) By steamboat.
(b) By horseback.
(c) By horse and carriage.
(d) None of these answers is correct.
14. How does Mina think Van Helsing can exploit her psychic connection to Dracula?
(a) Through hypnosis.
(b) Through music.
(c) Through prayer.
(d) Through church.
15. Why does the group decide that Mina must once more be privy to the plans to destroy Dracula?
(a) So that she stops annoying them.
(b) So that she can fight to survive for herself, too.
(c) Because she is starting to ask too many questions.
(d) Because they can't leave her behind since she was bitten.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Renfield and Mina's initial conversation like?
2. What about Mina causes Van Helsing to be concerned while they are waiting for Dracula's ship to arrive?
3. What does Mina do with Seward's diary entries?
4. Where does the group finally learn the missing wooden boxes are located?
5. What physical change about Mina worries Van Helsing?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)