|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Mr. Hawkins shortly after Harker and Mina return from abroad?
(a) He dies.
(b) He is kidnapped.
(c) He goes insane.
(d) He decides he doesn't like Harker anymore.
2. Why does Harker find it difficult to shave in Dracula's home while he is first visiting?
(a) He is too nervous to keep his hand steady.
(b) There are no mirrors anywhere.
(c) Someone steals his razors.
(d) His blade is too dull.
3. What makes Harker realize he is Dracula's prisoner at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) He receives a letter from someone else advising him to escape as soon as possible.
(b) His room and window suddenly have bars on them.
(c) All the windows and doors are firmly locked.
(d) Dracula tells him so.
4. Who is Mina?
(a) The innkeeper's wife.
(b) One of Dracula's female friends.
(c) Harker's fiancée.
(d) Dracula's servant.
5. What does Van Helsing use the putty he makes for?
(a) To make a sticky trap for Lucy to get stuck in.
(b) To be able to see footprints from the ghosts walking around.
(c) To write a curse banishing vampires.
(d) To seal Lucy's tomb.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Seward want to spend the night in Lucy's tomb?
2. What does Seward conclude Renfield has a sense of assurance about, despite his wildly different moods and behaviors?
3. How is Dracula carried out of the castle after Harker attempts to kill him the first time?
4. What does the group fear will happen to Mina if she dies before Dracula is killed?
5. When does Lucy plan to marry Holmwood?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)