|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lucy look when Professor Van Helsing arrives to examine her after she has been bitten?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is full of energy.
(c) Her hair is turning gray and falling out.
(d) She is very gaunt and pale.
2. Where does the group finally learn the missing wooden boxes are located?
(a) On a ship in the harbor.
3. In what year was "Dracula" written?
(b) No one knows for sure.
4. What does Harker begin researching during his stay with Harker?
(a) The whereabouts of secret books on vampirism.
(b) The whereabouts of the wooden boxes Dracula sent to London.
(c) The whereabouts of the man he thought was Dracula.
(d) The whereabouts of his father's fortune.
5. What does Stoker say the vampire Lucy look like?
(a) Her eyes blaze with "unholy light."
(b) She resembles the "darkest of demons."
(c) Her hair "blows in the wind as if it were smoke."
(d) Her arms look like "the scrawny limbs of a dead tree."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the source of Seward's depression?
2. What causes Dracula to go into a "demonic fury" while he is watching Harker shave during Harker's first visit to Dracula's home?
3. What do Holmwood and Morris think about Renfield after they meet him?
4. When the novel opens, where is Jonathan Harker traveling to?
5. Why does Seward deny Renfield's request after Holmwood and Morris have visited him?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)