|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. John Seward do?
(a) He is head of the local lunatic asylum.
(b) He is the town doctor.
(c) He is the town psychologist.
(d) He is the town veterinarian.
2. How is St. George's Day first described in the novel?
(a) As a "stoic and silent day of penance" for all adults.
(b) When "all evil things in the world will have their sway."
(c) As a "celebratory day of feasting" when people get married.
(d) As a "fun and joyous holiday" for everyone.
3. Why does Seward want to spend the night in Lucy's tomb?
(a) To protect her tomb from vandals.
(b) To prove that she's not a vampire.
(c) To see if someone is coming into it.
(d) To say goodbye one last time.
4. What does Van Helsing use to make putty while visiting Lucy's tomb?
(a) A drop of everyone's blood.
(b) Stones from the church.
(c) Putty that has been blessed.
(d) Communion wafers and putty mix.
5. Who volunteers to help with Lucy's fourth medical treatment at the hands of Professor Van Helsing?
(b) Quincey Morris.
(d) Van Helsing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lord Godalming?
2. How does Seward explain Lucy's lack of decomposition to Van Helsing?
3. When Dracula and Harker first stay up all night talking, what causes Dracula to abruptly end the conversation?
4. What does the group fear will happen to Mina if she dies before Dracula is killed?
5. What does Harker begin researching during his stay with Harker?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)