|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Harker realize he is Dracula's prisoner at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) He receives a letter from someone else advising him to escape as soon as possible.
(b) Dracula tells him so.
(c) All the windows and doors are firmly locked.
(d) His room and window suddenly have bars on them.
2. Where do Seward and Van Helsing hide on the first night they visit Lucy's tomb?
(a) In the churchyard.
(b) In the trees next to her tomb.
(c) In the chapel next to her tomb.
(d) In special boxes they built that were well hidden.
3. When Mina is visiting Lucy, why does Mina become increasingly anxious about Harker?
(a) Because she decides she doesn't want to marry him anymore and wants to tell him.
(b) Because she is falling in love with someone else and wants to talk to him.
(c) Because she has heard rumors that he's having an affair.
(d) Because she hasn't heard from him in a while.
4. What item does Van Helsing place around Lucy's room?
(b) Dried flowers.
(d) Goblets of holy water.
5. How does Harker describe Dracula's physical appearance during his initial visit to meet him?
(a) Dracula has "extraordinary pallor."
(b) Dracula has "sharp white teeth."
(c) All of these answers are correct.
(d) Dracula has a "cruel-looking mouth."
Short Answer Questions
1. In what form is Seward's diary recorded?
2. How is St. George's Day first described in the novel?
3. Who reveals to Dracula that Harker has tried to communicate with people outside of Dracula's home?
4. What kind of animals surrounds Harker's coach when he is being taken to meet Count Dracula for the first time?
5. What do Holmwood and Morris think about Renfield after they meet him?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)