|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Harker find it difficult to shave in Dracula's home while he is first visiting?
(a) His blade is too dull.
(b) He is too nervous to keep his hand steady.
(c) Someone steals his razors.
(d) There are no mirrors anywhere.
2. How is Dracula carried out of the castle after Harker attempts to kill him the first time?
(a) In a coffin.
(b) He is carried out by very large bats.
(c) In a stagecoach.
(d) He walks out on his own.
3. To whom does Dracula request Harker write a letter to during his captivity?
(a) His fiancée.
(b) The mayor of London.
(c) The Duke of Transylvania, who is also Dracula's brother.
(d) Mr. Hawkins.
4. Who is Mina?
(a) Harker's fiancée.
(b) Dracula's servant.
(c) The innkeeper's wife.
(d) One of Dracula's female friends.
5. What does Harker do when he realizes the Count is away from his home during Harker's captivity?
(a) He looks for a horse he can ride away from the farm.
(b) He explores more of the castle.
(c) He writes letters and sends them by carrier pigeons.
(d) He looks for secret passages in the church.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the novel opens, where is Jonathan Harker traveling to?
2. What almost happens to Harker after he is awoken from his nap in Dracula's home when he is being held prisoner?
3. What does Dracula do once Harker finally arrives?
4. Which characters are the first to express concern about Harker's journey?
5. What does Harker include in the letter he is forced to write while a captive of Dracula's?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)