|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Harker deal with realizing he is being held captive by Dracula?
(a) He considers how he can kill himself.
(b) He stays calms and begins planning.
(c) He panics and yells all the time.
(d) He refuses to come out of his room.
2. What does Dracula force Harker to say in the letter he must write during his captivity?
(a) That he no longer wants to marry his fiancée.
(b) That he needs more money as soon as possible.
(c) That he is very happy with Dracula.
(d) That he is going to stay another month in Transylvania.
3. What makes Harker realize he is Dracula's prisoner at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) He receives a letter from someone else advising him to escape as soon as possible.
(b) His room and window suddenly have bars on them.
(c) All the windows and doors are firmly locked.
(d) Dracula tells him so.
4. To whom does Dracula request Harker write a letter to during his captivity?
(a) The Duke of Transylvania, who is also Dracula's brother.
(b) His fiancée.
(c) The mayor of London.
(d) Mr. Hawkins.
5. During Harker's first escape attempt from Dracula's house, what does he find inside fifty great boxes?
(a) Strange books in a language he has never seen before.
(b) Nothing; the boxes are empty.
(d) Gold coins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Harker's first impression of Count Dracula?
2. What items does Harker use the first time he tries to kill Dracula?
3. After Harker realizes he is being held captive at Dracula's home, what country's history does the Count stay up late talking to Harker about?
4. Who is Mr. Hawkins?
5. What does Harker include in the letter he is forced to write while a captive of Dracula's?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)