|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Harker attempt his first escape from Dracula's home?
(a) By sneaking out in the middle of the night.
(b) By making a run for it on horseback.
(c) By climbing down the castle walls.
(d) By digging a tunnel out of his room.
2. What has Mr. Hawkins asked Dracula to deliver to Harker on his behalf?
(a) A picture of a house in London.
(b) A letter.
(c) A package.
(d) A silver crucifix.
3. Which characters are the first to express concern about Harker's journey?
(a) A gypsy Harker meets on the side of the road.
(b) Harker's mother.
(c) A priest.
(d) The landlord of the inn and his wife.
4. Where does Dracula's name come from?
(a) The French "dracier," which means to live forever.
(b) The Latin "draco," which means both "dragon" and "evil."
(c) The Spanish "dracar," which means to suck blood.
(d) It's just a word Stoker made up on his own.
5. When Dracula and Harker first stay up all night talking, what causes Dracula to abruptly end the conversation?
(a) He has another meeting to go to and has to leave early.
(b) He spills coffee all over himself and decides just to go to bed.
(c) The sunrise.
(d) He gets angry at one of the servants for dropping something.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Harker find it difficult to shave in Dracula's home while he is first visiting?
2. Where does Count Dracula live?
3. After Harker realizes he is being held captive at Dracula's home, what country's history does the Count stay up late talking to Harker about?
4. When the novel opens, where is Jonathan Harker traveling from?
5. How is St. George's Day first described in the novel?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)