|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Harker find it difficult to shave in Dracula's home while he is first visiting?
(a) Someone steals his razors.
(b) There are no mirrors anywhere.
(c) His blade is too dull.
(d) He is too nervous to keep his hand steady.
2. Where does Count Dracula live?
(a) On a ship.
(b) In a defiled church.
(c) In a castle.
(d) On a farm.
3. After Harker realizes he is being held captive at Dracula's home, what country's history does the Count stay up late talking to Harker about?
4. During Harker's captivity in Dracula's home, what two items does he toss out of a window (for the gypsies)?
(a) A letter and a piece of expensive cloth.
(b) A gold coin and his crucifix necklace.
(c) A letter and a gold coin.
(d) A letter and a silver crucifix.
5. How does Harker attempt his first escape from Dracula's home?
(a) By digging a tunnel out of his room.
(b) By making a run for it on horseback.
(c) By climbing down the castle walls.
(d) By sneaking out in the middle of the night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Harker realize he is Dracula's prisoner at the end of Chapter 2?
2. How does Harker react to Dracula's physical touch?
3. How does Harker deal with realizing he is being held captive by Dracula?
4. How does Stoker convey the events of what happens in Chapter 1?
5. What gift of protection is Harker given during his initial voyage to conduct business for Count Dracula?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)