|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dracula force Harker to say in the letter he must write during his captivity?
(a) That he needs more money as soon as possible.
(b) That he is going to stay another month in Transylvania.
(c) That he no longer wants to marry his fiancée.
(d) That he is very happy with Dracula.
2. What does Harker do when he realizes the Count is away from his home during Harker's captivity?
(a) He looks for a horse he can ride away from the farm.
(b) He writes letters and sends them by carrier pigeons.
(c) He looks for secret passages in the church.
(d) He explores more of the castle.
3. To whom does Dracula request Harker write a letter to during his captivity?
(a) The mayor of London.
(b) His fiancée.
(c) Mr. Hawkins.
(d) The Duke of Transylvania, who is also Dracula's brother.
4. When Dracula and Harker first stay up all night talking, what causes Dracula to abruptly end the conversation?
(a) He gets angry at one of the servants for dropping something.
(b) He spills coffee all over himself and decides just to go to bed.
(c) He has another meeting to go to and has to leave early.
(d) The sunrise.
5. During Harker's first escape attempt from Dracula's house, what does he find inside fifty great boxes?
(a) Gold coins.
(b) Nothing; the boxes are empty.
(c) Strange books in a language he has never seen before.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reveals to Dracula that Harker has tried to communicate with people outside of Dracula's home?
2. What makes Harker realize he is Dracula's prisoner at the end of Chapter 2?
3. During Harker's captivity in Dracula's home, what two items does he toss out of a window (for the gypsies)?
4. What kind of strange room does Harker find in Dracula's home that he later takes a nap in?
5. What causes Dracula to go into a "demonic fury" while he is watching Harker shave during Harker's first visit to Dracula's home?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)