|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of strange room does Harker find in Dracula's home that he later takes a nap in?
(a) A room off the barn that has a secret passage.
(b) A very pleasant and relaxing room.
(c) A room with a fireplace that finally has some heat in it.
(d) A basement that has been decorated and furnished very nicely.
2. Who reveals to Dracula that Harker has tried to communicate with people outside of Dracula's home?
(a) Dracula's servant.
(b) Dracula's coach driver.
(c) The gypsies.
(d) The woman doing Harker's laundry.
3. During Harker's captivity in Dracula's home, what two items does he toss out of a window (for the gypsies)?
(a) A gold coin and his crucifix necklace.
(b) A letter and a gold coin.
(c) A letter and a silver crucifix.
(d) A letter and a piece of expensive cloth.
4. Which characters are the first to express concern about Harker's journey?
(a) Harker's mother.
(b) A priest.
(c) The landlord of the inn and his wife.
(d) A gypsy Harker meets on the side of the road.
5. After Harker realizes he is being held captive at Dracula's home, what country's history does the Count stay up late talking to Harker about?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Harker describe Dracula's physical appearance during his initial visit to meet him?
2. What does Harker do when he realizes the Count is away from his home during Harker's captivity?
3. What strange sight does Harker see along the side of the road as he is being taken to first meet Count Dracula?
4. When the novel opens, where is Jonathan Harker traveling from?
5. What causes Dracula to go into a "demonic fury" while he is watching Harker shave during Harker's first visit to Dracula's home?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)