|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dracula and Harker first stay up all night talking, what causes Dracula to abruptly end the conversation?
(a) He gets angry at one of the servants for dropping something.
(b) The sunrise.
(c) He has another meeting to go to and has to leave early.
(d) He spills coffee all over himself and decides just to go to bed.
2. Where does Dracula's name come from?
(a) The Spanish "dracar," which means to suck blood.
(b) The Latin "draco," which means both "dragon" and "evil."
(c) The French "dracier," which means to live forever.
(d) It's just a word Stoker made up on his own.
3. Who is Mina?
(a) One of Dracula's female friends.
(b) Harker's fiancée.
(c) Dracula's servant.
(d) The innkeeper's wife.
4. What does Dracula force Harker to say in the letter he must write during his captivity?
(a) That he needs more money as soon as possible.
(b) That he no longer wants to marry his fiancée.
(c) That he is going to stay another month in Transylvania.
(d) That he is very happy with Dracula.
5. How does Harker deal with realizing he is being held captive by Dracula?
(a) He refuses to come out of his room.
(b) He stays calms and begins planning.
(c) He panics and yells all the time.
(d) He considers how he can kill himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the novel opens, where is Jonathan Harker traveling from?
2. During Harker's first escape attempt from Dracula's house, what does he find inside fifty great boxes?
3. Which characters are the first to express concern about Harker's journey?
4. What has Mr. Hawkins asked Dracula to deliver to Harker on his behalf?
5. Who awakens Harker from his nap when the Count is supposedly away from his home?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)