|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Harker at the end of Chapter 3, when he sees a remarkable scene between Dracula and some of his "guests"?
(a) He goes insane.
(b) He frees himself by jumping out the window.
(c) He decides to become a vampire, too.
(d) He falls unconscious.
2. How does Harker describe Dracula's physical appearance during his initial visit to meet him?
(a) Dracula has a "cruel-looking mouth."
(b) Dracula has "sharp white teeth."
(c) All of these answers are correct.
(d) Dracula has "extraordinary pallor."
3. During Harker's first escape attempt from Dracula's house, what does he find inside fifty great boxes?
(a) Strange books in a language he has never seen before.
(b) Gold coins.
(c) Nothing; the boxes are empty.
4. What gift of protection is Harker given during his initial voyage to conduct business for Count Dracula?
(a) A piece of garlic.
(b) A crucifix.
(c) He isn't given anything.
(d) A rosary.
5. What kind of animals surrounds Harker's coach when he is being taken to meet Count Dracula for the first time?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who awakens Harker from his nap when the Count is supposedly away from his home?
2. Who is Mr. Hawkins?
3. How does Stoker convey the events of what happens in Chapter 1?
4. After Harker realizes he is being held captive at Dracula's home, what country's history does the Count stay up late talking to Harker about?
5. Which word could best be used to describe the tone of Chapter 1?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)