|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was "Dracula" written?
(c) No one knows for sure.
2. During Harker's first escape attempt from Dracula's house, what does he find inside fifty great boxes?
(a) Nothing; the boxes are empty.
(b) Gold coins.
(d) Strange books in a language he has never seen before.
3. What gift of protection is Harker given during his initial voyage to conduct business for Count Dracula?
(a) He isn't given anything.
(b) A crucifix.
(c) A rosary.
(d) A piece of garlic.
4. What makes Harker realize he is Dracula's prisoner at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) He receives a letter from someone else advising him to escape as soon as possible.
(b) All the windows and doors are firmly locked.
(c) Dracula tells him so.
(d) His room and window suddenly have bars on them.
5. What kind of strange room does Harker find in Dracula's home that he later takes a nap in?
(a) A room with a fireplace that finally has some heat in it.
(b) A room off the barn that has a secret passage.
(c) A basement that has been decorated and furnished very nicely.
(d) A very pleasant and relaxing room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mina?
2. How does Stoker convey the events of what happens in Chapter 1?
3. After Harker realizes he is being held captive at Dracula's home, what country's history does the Count stay up late talking to Harker about?
4. Who awakens Harker from his nap when the Count is supposedly away from his home?
5. To whom does Dracula request Harker write a letter to during his captivity?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)