|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mr. Hawkins?
(a) Dracula's boss.
(b) Dracula's neighbor.
(c) Harker's employer.
(d) Harker's neighbor.
2. What kind of strange room does Harker find in Dracula's home that he later takes a nap in?
(a) A basement that has been decorated and furnished very nicely.
(b) A room with a fireplace that finally has some heat in it.
(c) A room off the barn that has a secret passage.
(d) A very pleasant and relaxing room.
3. Which characters are the first to express concern about Harker's journey?
(a) Harker's mother.
(b) A gypsy Harker meets on the side of the road.
(c) A priest.
(d) The landlord of the inn and his wife.
4. When Dracula and Harker first stay up all night talking, what causes Dracula to abruptly end the conversation?
(a) He has another meeting to go to and has to leave early.
(b) He spills coffee all over himself and decides just to go to bed.
(c) He gets angry at one of the servants for dropping something.
(d) The sunrise.
5. What happens to Harker at the end of Chapter 3, when he sees a remarkable scene between Dracula and some of his "guests"?
(a) He goes insane.
(b) He decides to become a vampire, too.
(c) He falls unconscious.
(d) He frees himself by jumping out the window.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Mr. Hawkins asked Dracula to deliver to Harker on his behalf?
2. How does Harker react to Dracula's physical touch?
3. How is St. George's Day first described in the novel?
4. What almost happens to Harker after he is awoken from his nap in Dracula's home when he is being held prisoner?
5. What causes Dracula to go into a "demonic fury" while he is watching Harker shave during Harker's first visit to Dracula's home?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)