|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who reveals to Dracula that Harker has tried to communicate with people outside of Dracula's home?
(a) Dracula's coach driver.
(b) The gypsies.
(c) Dracula's servant.
(d) The woman doing Harker's laundry.
2. What items does Harker use the first time he tries to kill Dracula?
(a) A broken piece of wood.
(b) A gun.
(c) A crucifix.
(d) A shovel.
3. What country does Dracula tell Harker he is planning to move to during Harker's first visit to his home?
4. Why does Harker find it difficult to shave in Dracula's home while he is first visiting?
(a) He is too nervous to keep his hand steady.
(b) His blade is too dull.
(c) Someone steals his razors.
(d) There are no mirrors anywhere.
5. When Dracula and Harker first stay up all night talking, what causes Dracula to abruptly end the conversation?
(a) The sunrise.
(b) He spills coffee all over himself and decides just to go to bed.
(c) He has another meeting to go to and has to leave early.
(d) He gets angry at one of the servants for dropping something.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Harker deal with realizing he is being held captive by Dracula?
2. Which word could best be used to describe the tone of Chapter 1?
3. How does Harker attempt his first escape from Dracula's home?
4. What kind of strange room does Harker find in Dracula's home that he later takes a nap in?
5. What does Harker include in the letter he is forced to write while a captive of Dracula's?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)