|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Mr. Hawkins asked Dracula to deliver to Harker on his behalf?
(a) A silver crucifix.
(b) A letter.
(c) A package.
(d) A picture of a house in London.
2. Why does Harker find it difficult to shave in Dracula's home while he is first visiting?
(a) His blade is too dull.
(b) There are no mirrors anywhere.
(c) He is too nervous to keep his hand steady.
(d) Someone steals his razors.
3. During Harker's captivity in Dracula's home, what two items does he toss out of a window (for the gypsies)?
(a) A letter and a silver crucifix.
(b) A letter and a piece of expensive cloth.
(c) A gold coin and his crucifix necklace.
(d) A letter and a gold coin.
4. What kind of strange room does Harker find in Dracula's home that he later takes a nap in?
(a) A room off the barn that has a secret passage.
(b) A very pleasant and relaxing room.
(c) A basement that has been decorated and furnished very nicely.
(d) A room with a fireplace that finally has some heat in it.
5. When the novel opens, where is Jonathan Harker traveling to?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Harker describe Dracula's physical appearance during his initial visit to meet him?
2. Which word could best be used to describe the tone of Chapter 1?
3. What almost happens to Harker after he is awoken from his nap in Dracula's home when he is being held prisoner?
4. What does Dracula force Harker to say in the letter he must write during his captivity?
5. What does Harker include in the letter he is forced to write while a captive of Dracula's?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)