|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift of protection is Harker given during his initial voyage to conduct business for Count Dracula?
(a) A rosary.
(b) A crucifix.
(c) A piece of garlic.
(d) He isn't given anything.
2. During Harker's captivity in Dracula's home, what two items does he toss out of a window (for the gypsies)?
(a) A letter and a silver crucifix.
(b) A gold coin and his crucifix necklace.
(c) A letter and a piece of expensive cloth.
(d) A letter and a gold coin.
3. During Harker's first escape attempt from Dracula's house, what does he find inside fifty great boxes?
(a) Gold coins.
(c) Strange books in a language he has never seen before.
(d) Nothing; the boxes are empty.
4. How does Harker describe Dracula's physical appearance during his initial visit to meet him?
(a) Dracula has "sharp white teeth."
(b) Dracula has a "cruel-looking mouth."
(c) Dracula has "extraordinary pallor."
(d) All of these answers are correct.
5. What is Harker's first impression of Count Dracula?
(a) That he is rude and impersonal.
(b) That he is formal and courteous.
(c) That he appears to have some kind of speech impediment.
(d) That he has a great sense of humor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strange sight does Harker see along the side of the road as he is being taken to first meet Count Dracula?
2. What is the state of Count Dracula's home at first glance?
3. What has Mr. Hawkins asked Dracula to deliver to Harker on his behalf?
4. What happens to Harker at the end of Chapter 3, when he sees a remarkable scene between Dracula and some of his "guests"?
5. When the novel opens, where is Jonathan Harker traveling to?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)