|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Harker find it difficult to shave in Dracula's home while he is first visiting?
(a) There are no mirrors anywhere.
(b) He is too nervous to keep his hand steady.
(c) Someone steals his razors.
(d) His blade is too dull.
2. Where does Count Dracula live?
(a) On a farm.
(b) In a castle.
(c) On a ship.
(d) In a defiled church.
3. When Dracula and Harker first stay up all night talking, what causes Dracula to abruptly end the conversation?
(a) He gets angry at one of the servants for dropping something.
(b) The sunrise.
(c) He has another meeting to go to and has to leave early.
(d) He spills coffee all over himself and decides just to go to bed.
4. How does Harker attempt his first escape from Dracula's home?
(a) By making a run for it on horseback.
(b) By climbing down the castle walls.
(c) By digging a tunnel out of his room.
(d) By sneaking out in the middle of the night.
5. What happens to Harker at the end of Chapter 3, when he sees a remarkable scene between Dracula and some of his "guests"?
(a) He falls unconscious.
(b) He goes insane.
(c) He frees himself by jumping out the window.
(d) He decides to become a vampire, too.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Harker deal with realizing he is being held captive by Dracula?
2. Who is Mr. Hawkins?
3. How is St. George's Day first described in the novel?
4. During Harker's first escape attempt from Dracula's house, what does he find inside fifty great boxes?
5. What does Harker do when he realizes the Count is away from his home during Harker's captivity?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)