|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Harker find it difficult to shave in Dracula's home while he is first visiting?
(a) His blade is too dull.
(b) There are no mirrors anywhere.
(c) He is too nervous to keep his hand steady.
(d) Someone steals his razors.
2. What is Harker's first impression of Count Dracula?
(a) That he is rude and impersonal.
(b) That he appears to have some kind of speech impediment.
(c) That he has a great sense of humor.
(d) That he is formal and courteous.
3. What kind of animals surrounds Harker's coach when he is being taken to meet Count Dracula for the first time?
4. What happens to Harker at the end of Chapter 3, when he sees a remarkable scene between Dracula and some of his "guests"?
(a) He decides to become a vampire, too.
(b) He goes insane.
(c) He falls unconscious.
(d) He frees himself by jumping out the window.
5. What does Harker do when he realizes the Count is away from his home during Harker's captivity?
(a) He explores more of the castle.
(b) He writes letters and sends them by carrier pigeons.
(c) He looks for a horse he can ride away from the farm.
(d) He looks for secret passages in the church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dracula force Harker to say in the letter he must write during his captivity?
2. How does Harker describe Dracula's physical appearance during his initial visit to meet him?
3. Where does Count Dracula live?
4. During Harker's captivity in Dracula's home, what two items does he toss out of a window (for the gypsies)?
5. In what year was "Dracula" written?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)