|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the state of Count Dracula's home at first glance?
(a) It appears to be run-down and in ruins.
(b) It comes in and out of view, like magic.
(c) It is amazingly beautiful.
(d) It seems small and unimportant.
2. What strange sight does Harker see along the side of the road as he is being taken to first meet Count Dracula?
(a) Lots and lots of bats flying around.
(b) No sign of life at all.
(c) Vultures seeming to follow his coach.
(d) Weird blue flames flickering along the road.
3. Where does Dracula's name come from?
(a) The Latin "draco," which means both "dragon" and "evil."
(b) It's just a word Stoker made up on his own.
(c) The Spanish "dracar," which means to suck blood.
(d) The French "dracier," which means to live forever.
4. When the novel opens, where is Jonathan Harker traveling from?
5. What does Dracula do once Harker finally arrives?
(a) He shows Harker to his room and offers him dinner.
(b) He locks him away as soon as possible.
(c) He puts him to work in the study.
(d) He introduces him to the other dinner guests.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Harker at the end of Chapter 3, when he sees a remarkable scene between Dracula and some of his "guests"?
2. Where does Count Dracula live?
3. Which characters are the first to express concern about Harker's journey?
4. What is Harker's first impression of Count Dracula?
5. During Harker's captivity in Dracula's home, what two items does he toss out of a window (for the gypsies)?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)