|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dracula do once Harker finally arrives?
(a) He puts him to work in the study.
(b) He shows Harker to his room and offers him dinner.
(c) He locks him away as soon as possible.
(d) He introduces him to the other dinner guests.
2. How does Harker describe Dracula's physical appearance during his initial visit to meet him?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) Dracula has "sharp white teeth."
(c) Dracula has "extraordinary pallor."
(d) Dracula has a "cruel-looking mouth."
3. What almost happens to Harker after he is awoken from his nap in Dracula's home when he is being held prisoner?
(a) He almost dies from the cold.
(b) He is almost bitten by Dracula.
(c) He is almost bitten by a female vampire.
(d) He almost falls out of the window.
4. During Harker's first escape attempt from Dracula's house, what does he find inside fifty great boxes?
(a) Nothing; the boxes are empty.
(b) Strange books in a language he has never seen before.
(c) Gold coins.
5. What happens to Harker at the end of Chapter 3, when he sees a remarkable scene between Dracula and some of his "guests"?
(a) He falls unconscious.
(b) He decides to become a vampire, too.
(c) He frees himself by jumping out the window.
(d) He goes insane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harker do when he realizes the Count is away from his home during Harker's captivity?
2. What gift of protection is Harker given during his initial voyage to conduct business for Count Dracula?
3. Which word could best be used to describe the tone of Chapter 1?
4. After Harker realizes he is being held captive at Dracula's home, what country's history does the Count stay up late talking to Harker about?
5. To whom does Dracula request Harker write a letter to during his captivity?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)