|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Dracula carried out of the castle after Harker attempts to kill him the first time?
(a) He walks out on his own.
(b) He is carried out by very large bats.
(c) In a stagecoach.
(d) In a coffin.
2. To whom does Dracula request Harker write a letter to during his captivity?
(a) The Duke of Transylvania, who is also Dracula's brother.
(b) Mr. Hawkins.
(c) His fiancée.
(d) The mayor of London.
3. How does Harker describe Dracula's physical appearance during his initial visit to meet him?
(a) Dracula has "sharp white teeth."
(b) Dracula has a "cruel-looking mouth."
(c) Dracula has "extraordinary pallor."
(d) All of these answers are correct.
4. How does Harker attempt his first escape from Dracula's home?
(a) By digging a tunnel out of his room.
(b) By sneaking out in the middle of the night.
(c) By climbing down the castle walls.
(d) By making a run for it on horseback.
5. Where does Dracula's name come from?
(a) The Spanish "dracar," which means to suck blood.
(b) The French "dracier," which means to live forever.
(c) The Latin "draco," which means both "dragon" and "evil."
(d) It's just a word Stoker made up on his own.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the novel opens, where is Jonathan Harker traveling to?
2. What does Dracula do once Harker finally arrives?
3. During their late night chats when Harker is being held hostage, what country's laws does Count Dracula seem particularly interested in?
4. Which characters are the first to express concern about Harker's journey?
5. What kind of strange room does Harker find in Dracula's home that he later takes a nap in?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)