|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Harker attempt his first escape from Dracula's home?
(a) By making a run for it on horseback.
(b) By climbing down the castle walls.
(c) By sneaking out in the middle of the night.
(d) By digging a tunnel out of his room.
2. What is Harker's first impression of Count Dracula?
(a) That he is formal and courteous.
(b) That he is rude and impersonal.
(c) That he has a great sense of humor.
(d) That he appears to have some kind of speech impediment.
3. What causes Dracula to go into a "demonic fury" while he is watching Harker shave during Harker's first visit to Dracula's home?
(a) The kind of razor Harker is using.
(b) The mirror Harker is holding.
(c) The fact that Harker didn't finish all of his breakfast.
(d) A trickle of blood on Harker's chin.
4. What items does Harker use the first time he tries to kill Dracula?
(a) A broken piece of wood.
(b) A gun.
(c) A shovel.
(d) A crucifix.
5. What does Harker do when he realizes the Count is away from his home during Harker's captivity?
(a) He writes letters and sends them by carrier pigeons.
(b) He looks for secret passages in the church.
(c) He explores more of the castle.
(d) He looks for a horse he can ride away from the farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Harker's first escape attempt from Dracula's house, what does he find inside fifty great boxes?
2. Who is Mr. Hawkins?
3. How does Stoker convey the events of what happens in Chapter 1?
4. What strange sight does Harker see along the side of the road as he is being taken to first meet Count Dracula?
5. Which word could best be used to describe the tone of Chapter 1?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)