|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of strange room does Harker find in Dracula's home that he later takes a nap in?
(a) A basement that has been decorated and furnished very nicely.
(b) A room with a fireplace that finally has some heat in it.
(c) A room off the barn that has a secret passage.
(d) A very pleasant and relaxing room.
2. During Harker's first escape attempt from Dracula's house, what does he find inside fifty great boxes?
(a) Gold coins.
(c) Strange books in a language he has never seen before.
(d) Nothing; the boxes are empty.
3. Who awakens Harker from his nap when the Count is supposedly away from his home?
(a) The smell of a delicious dinner being cooked.
(b) A crow in the window.
(c) Three beautiful women.
(d) A woman's screams from outside.
4. During Harker's captivity in Dracula's home, what two items does he toss out of a window (for the gypsies)?
(a) A gold coin and his crucifix necklace.
(b) A letter and a piece of expensive cloth.
(c) A letter and a gold coin.
(d) A letter and a silver crucifix.
5. Which characters are the first to express concern about Harker's journey?
(a) The landlord of the inn and his wife.
(b) Harker's mother.
(c) A gypsy Harker meets on the side of the road.
(d) A priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dracula's name come from?
2. What does Harker include in the letter he is forced to write while a captive of Dracula's?
3. What is the state of Count Dracula's home at first glance?
4. What country does Dracula tell Harker he is planning to move to during Harker's first visit to his home?
5. Who reveals to Dracula that Harker has tried to communicate with people outside of Dracula's home?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)