|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After what event does Mr. Swales die?
(b) The funeral for the sea captain.
(c) Lucy's wedding.
(d) Mina's wedding.
2. How does Harker react to Van Helsing's assessment of his journals?
(a) He never knows that Van Helsing reads his journal.
(b) He is relieved.
(c) He is outraged.
(d) He is overcome with joy.
3. What kind of injuries does Renfield have when Seward, Van Helsing, Holmwood, and Morris find him in the asylum?
(a) He has been beaten on the chest.
(b) His legs have been tied behind his back.
(c) His neck and back appear to be broken.
(d) His legs have been broken.
4. Why does Van Helsing want Mina to visit after Lucy's death?
(a) He wants to talk to her about Lucy.
(b) He wants to check her for bite marks.
(c) He wants to get her away from Harker.
(d) He wants to ask her about her own health.
5. What happens to Renfield as a result of his injuries?
(a) He recovers and is let out of the asylum.
(b) He recovers from being a vampire.
(c) He eventually descends into madness.
(d) He dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Despite his injuries, what does Renfield manage to tell the vampire-hunting team about Mina?
2. What prized possession did Dracula destroy when he visited Seward's office?
3. What activity does Lucy begin to do at night during Mina's visit?
4. What is expected to happen to the Russian ship that is out at sea when a major weather event occurs?
5. What cargo is the Russian ship carrying?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)