|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After what event does Mr. Swales die?
(a) Lucy's wedding.
(b) The funeral for the sea captain.
(d) Mina's wedding.
2. What is expected to happen to the Russian ship that is out at sea when a major weather event occurs?
(a) It is expected to be swallowed by a whirlpool.
(b) It is expected to burn to ashes.
(c) It is expected to smash on rocks.
(d) It is expected to wreck.
3. Why does Van Helsing want Mina to visit after Lucy's death?
(a) He wants to check her for bite marks.
(b) He wants to talk to her about Lucy.
(c) He wants to ask her about her own health.
(d) He wants to get her away from Harker.
4. What kind of injuries does Renfield have when Seward, Van Helsing, Holmwood, and Morris find him in the asylum?
(a) His legs have been tied behind his back.
(b) He has been beaten on the chest.
(c) His neck and back appear to be broken.
(d) His legs have been broken.
5. What does Van Helsing flash at the Count to make him disappear while he is with Mina and Harker?
(b) A crucifix.
(c) A mirror.
(d) A holy wafer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mina react to Van Helsing's assessment of Harker's journal?
2. When does Mina end up reading Harker's diary?
3. Who reads all of Lucy's diary and letters in an attempt to understand her situation?
4. What animal comes off of the Russian ship?
5. What kind of information does Harker agree to provide for Van Helsing after Lucy's death?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)