1. When the novel opens, where is Jonathan Harker traveling to?
2. When the novel opens, where is Jonathan Harker traveling from?
3. Which characters are the first to express concern about Harker's journey?
(a) A priest.
(b) Harker's mother.
(c) A gypsy Harker meets on the side of the road.
(d) The landlord of the inn and his wife.
4. How is St. George's Day first described in the novel?
(a) When "all evil things in the world will have their sway."
(b) As a "stoic and silent day of penance" for all adults.
(c) As a "celebratory day of feasting" when people get married.
(d) As a "fun and joyous holiday" for everyone.
5. What gift of protection is Harker given during his initial voyage to conduct business for Count Dracula?
(a) A piece of garlic.
(b) He isn't given anything.
(c) A rosary.
(d) A crucifix.
This section contains 5,797 words
(approx. 20 pages at 300 words per page)