|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Piri's friends does he have a fight with?
(d) Mr. Big
2. How does Ricardo claim he is related to Piri?
(b) Half brother
3. What does Piri say before he leaves his parole hearing?
(b) I am innocent
(c) Thank you
4. Where is Piri sent for five to fifteen years of hard labor?
(a) Sing Sing
(d) The Louvre
5. What area of the South do Piri and Brew travel to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Piri and Brew want to join in Norfolk?
2. What does Piri say the atmosphere at breakfast is like?
3. Which area of America is Gerald interested in?
4. What kind of blood does Piri say they all have?
5. What is Casey's role at the prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Piri get off heroin?
2. Why does Rocky want to fight with Piri?
3. How does Piri become addicted to heroin?
4. How does Piri feel about Trina marrying another man?
5. Describe the system the gang uses to rob bars and stores.
6. Describe the argument between Piri and his brother, Jose.
7. What does Piri's father tell him in at breakfast in Section 5?
8. What tragedy occurs when Piri returns to New York?
9. Why must Piri and Brew sit at the back of the bus?
10. What problems does Gerald say he has being part Negro?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)