|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Piri wish could see inside him?
(a) His father
(b) His brother
(d) His mother
2. What job does Jose now have?
3. Why do Piri and his father stop fighting in the morning?
(a) Piri's sister cries
(b) They are too tired
(c) Piri's father has a heart attack
(d) Piri breaks his mother's vase
4. What kind of drug does Piri start using?
5. Where does the girl rub up against Piri?
(a) The bus
(b) The train
(c) The waiting room
(d) The bathroom
Short Answer Questions
1. Which area of America is Gerald interested in?
2. Which member of his family does Piri have an argument with?
3. What does Piri say he counts off instead of days?
4. What area of the South do Piri and Brew travel to?
5. What does Brew suggest the man can donate the money to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Piri's routine at Sing Sing prison?
2. What problems does Gerald say he has being part Negro?
3. What are Brew and Piri's opinion of Gerald?
4. How does Piri feel about Trina marrying another man?
5. What story does Brew tell Piri?
6. Describe the argument between Piri and his brother, Jose.
7. How does Piri get off heroin?
8. Why does Brew think the term "boy" is acceptable?
9. Describe the system the gang uses to rob bars and stores.
10. What do Piri and his family say to each other the next morning?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)