|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Brew drop on one of the boys' faces?
(a) A rock
(b) A glass
(c) A knife
(d) A bike
2. What do Piri and Brew want to join in Norfolk?
(a) The merchant marines
(b) Nation of Islam
(c) The army
(d) The black panthers
3. Who is the first person Piri visits in New York?
(a) His aunt
(c) His mother
4. What is the House of Do-Right also known as?
(b) The Louvre
5. What kind of blood does Piri say they all have?
(a) White blood
(b) Negro blood
(c) Puerto Rican blood
(d) Angel blood
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the gang have to buy in this section?
2. What does Piri draw Rocky as?
3. Where is Piri sent for five to fifteen years of hard labor?
4. What color eyes do both James and Jose have?
5. Where are Billy and Danny from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Piri's routine at Sing Sing prison?
2. Why must Piri and Brew sit at the back of the bus?
3. What does Piri think the girl who rubbed against him on the train said to her friends?
4. Describe the system the gang uses to rob bars and stores.
5. Describe Jose and James' physical appearance.
6. Why does Rocky want to fight with Piri?
7. What are Piri and Brew's plans in Section 5?
8. What story does Brew tell Piri?
9. Describe the argument between Piri and his brother, Jose.
10. What problems does Gerald say he has being part Negro?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)