|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language does Gerald use to speak to Piri?
2. What is Gerald writing a book about?
(b) Native American
(c) Civil rights
(d) Racial relations
3. What color eyes do both James and Jose have?
4. Where were Little's punches doing the most damage to Piri?
(a) In his mouth
(b) In his mid section
(c) In his left eye
(d) In his groin
5. What does Piri tell his father he has been pretending to be?
(d) Puerto Rican
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Piri and his father stop fighting in the morning?
2. What work does Piri do aboard the ship?
3. What job does Jose now have?
4. Why did Little not keep hitting Piri in the mid section?
5. What does the C in ABC stand for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the fight between Piri and his father in Section 7.
2. How does Piri become addicted to heroin?
3. What is Piri's sentence for shooting the policeman and for the robbery?
4. Describe the system the gang uses to rob bars and stores.
5. Why does Rocky want to fight with Piri?
6. What story does Brew tell Piri?
7. What are Brew and Piri's opinion of Gerald?
8. Describe the argument between Piri and his brother, Jose.
9. Why does Brew think the term "boy" is acceptable?
10. How does the prison guard, Casey, react to Piri and Little fighting?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)