|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who pulls Piri off his brother, Jose?
(b) His sister
(c) His mother
(d) His father
2. Where does Trina go to in this section?
(b) Puerto Rico
3. Why did Little not keep hitting Piri in the mid section?
(a) He thought it was Piri's strongest area
(b) It would have left him open
(c) He did not want to hurt him seriously
(d) Piri's defense was too good
4. What part of America is Gerald from?
(b) New York
(c) North Carolina
5. What does Piri get an hour of every day in prison?
(a) Free time
(b) Shower time
(d) Reading time
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Waneko's mother wipe Piri's face with?
2. Where does Piri start to work after he gets off the heroin?
3. What did white boys threaten to do to Brew?
4. What area of the South do Piri and Brew travel to?
5. What is Gerald's position at the bar?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Jose and James' physical appearance.
2. How does the prison guard, Casey, react to Piri and Little fighting?
3. Describe the system the gang uses to rob bars and stores.
4. Describe the fight between Piri and his father in Section 7.
5. What is Piri's sentence for shooting the policeman and for the robbery?
6. What does Piri think the girl who rubbed against him on the train said to her friends?
7. How does Piri feel about Trina marrying another man?
8. Why does Little say he did not throw more punches at Piri's midsection?
9. Why does Brew think the term "boy" is acceptable?
10. How does Piri become addicted to heroin?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)