|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Piri throw the picture of his father's mistress?
(a) In the toilet
(b) Onto the street
(c) In the garbage
(d) Into the garden
2. What job does Jose now have?
3. What area of the South do Piri and Brew travel to?
4. What does Piri's mother tell Piri before he leaves?
(a) To settle down
(b) To keep warm
(c) To eat well
(d) To be a man
5. How much money does Brew offer the man to allow them to work on the ship?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose picture does Piri look for in his father's belongings?
2. Which member of his family does Piri have an argument with?
3. What is the name of the bar Piri and Brew go to?
4. What is the name of the prison Piri is moved to?
5. What will Brew and Piri have to do when they cross the Mason-Dixon line?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems does Gerald say he has being part Negro?
2. How does Piri become addicted to heroin?
3. What are Piri and Brew's plans in Section 5?
4. Describe the fight between Piri and his father in Section 7.
5. What does Piri think the girl who rubbed against him on the train said to her friends?
6. What do Piri and his family say to each other the next morning?
7. What are Brew and Piri's opinion of Gerald?
8. Why does Little say he did not throw more punches at Piri's midsection?
9. How does the prison guard, Casey, react to Piri and Little fighting?
10. What is Piri's sentence for shooting the policeman and for the robbery?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)