|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city did John Thomas grow up in?
(d) New York
2. What is the name of the girl Piri falls in love with?
3. What is the name of the woman Piri's father is having an affair with?
4. Where do Betty and Piri have sex?
(a) A park
(b) A church
(c) A field
(d) A cleaning cupboard
5. Who are the only people to make Piri and Betty feel comfortable in their relationship?
(a) Piri's friends in Harlem
(b) The hospital staff
(c) Piri's family
(d) Betty's family
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Trina and Piri go after the candy store?
2. When does Piri's father say he will talk to him?
3. What does Piri tell the Jolly Rogers he is going to get from home to get rid of them?
4. What does Rocky hit Piri in the face with?
5. Why can Piri's father not talk to his son the following day?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Piri's relationship with Betty.
2. How does Piri get rid of the Jolly Roger gang members who chase him home?
3. How does Piri ensure that he becomes part of the TNT gang?
4. What happens to Piri at the hospital?
5. How does Miss Washington help Piri in this section?
6. Describe the way of life in Harlem.
7. How does Piri's father react to Piri's temporary blindness?
8. How does Piri injure his hand?
9. What happens at the faggots' apartment?
10. What happens when Piri goes for a job interview in Section 4?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)