|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nationality is Piri's father?
(d) Puerto Rican
2. What does the Chinese doctor ask Piri?
(a) If he needs money
(b) If he has a girlfriend
(c) If he is in trouble
(d) If he is hooked
3. What does Piri say he has to do when he moves to a new neighborhood?
(a) Build a new reputation
(b) Find new friends
(c) Find a new girlfriend
(d) Get good grades
4. Where do Piri and his family move to at the beginning of the section?
(a) The Bronx
(b) Spanish Harlem
(d) Long Island
5. What does Piri do when he hears Marcia talk about him?
(a) Hits Marcia
(c) Destroys all the vinyls
(d) Runs away
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of job does Piri get at 15?
2. What is the name of TNT's rival gang?
3. What job does Piri find in this section?
4. What does Piri ask his father to get him?
5. What is the name of the hospital where Piri works?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Piri at the hospital?
2. Why do Piri and his gang decide to go with Alfredo?
3. How does Piri react to what he hears Marcia and her friends saying?
4. How does Piri react to the news that his father is having an affair?
5. Why does Piri decide to return home instead of running away?
6. What problems does Piri face when the family moves again?
7. Why does Piri think his father does not like him as much as his other children?
8. Why does Piri think Crutch has a good way of looking at racism?
9. Describe Piri's job as a shoeshine boy.
10. Describe Piri's upbringing.
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)