|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Louie do when he hears his sentence?
(c) Shoots the judge
2. Where does the gang put everyone when they have robbed the place?
(a) The bathroom
(b) The cleaning cupboard
(c) The basement
(d) The loft
3. What does the A in ABC stand for?
4. What is Gerald's position at the bar?
5. What reminds Piri of Trina?
(a) Sunny days
(b) Meal times
(d) Winter days
6. Whose picture does Piri look for in his father's belongings?
(a) His mother
(b) His father's mother
(d) His father's mistress
7. Who is the first person Piri visits in New York?
(a) His aunt
(d) His mother
8. What will Brew and Piri have to do when they cross the Mason-Dixon line?
(a) Leave the bus
(b) Hold their breath
(c) Sit at the back of the bus
9. What do the prisoners call Ricardo?
10. What does Piri tell his father he has been pretending to be?
(d) Puerto Rican
11. What is Gerald writing a book about?
(a) Racial relations
(c) Civil rights
(d) Native American
12. Why did Little not keep hitting Piri in the mid section?
(a) He thought it was Piri's strongest area
(b) Piri's defense was too good
(c) He did not want to hurt him seriously
(d) It would have left him open
13. What is the name of the bar Piri and Brew go to?
(a) Hot Tap
(b) Rat Trap
(c) Blue Bell
(d) Color Trade
14. What do Piri and Brew want to join in Norfolk?
(a) The black panthers
(b) Nation of Islam
(c) The merchant marines
(d) The army
15. What meal does the family gather for the next day?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Casey's role at the prison?
2. What kind of blood does Piri say they all have?
3. What does Piri say he avoids in Comstock State Prison?
4. Where does the girl rub up against Piri?
5. In what city does Piri go with two octoroons to have sex?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)