|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Piri hear is in hospital?
(c) His mother
2. In what city does Piri go with two octoroons to have sex?
(a) New Orleans
3. What does Piri say before he leaves his parole hearing?
(b) I am innocent
(c) Thank you
4. What does Waneko's mother wipe Piri's face with?
(a) Cool clothes
(c) Baby wipes
(d) A towel
5. What does Brew say his mother taught him?
(a) How to steal
(b) How to have fun
(d) The ABCs
6. What does Piri tell his father he has been pretending to be?
(d) Puerto Rican
7. What kind of drug does Piri start using?
8. What does Piri's mother tell Piri before he leaves?
(a) To eat well
(b) To keep warm
(c) To be a man
(d) To settle down
9. Who pulls Piri off his brother, Jose?
(a) His mother
(b) His father
(d) His sister
10. Where is Piri sent for five to fifteen years of hard labor?
(a) The Louvre
(b) Sing Sing
11. What does James say has happened to Trina?
(a) She has gone to England
(b) She has been murdered
(c) She has gone insane
(d) She has married
12. What is Gerald's position at the bar?
13. What does Louie leave New York to do?
(a) Travel the world
(b) Go straight
(c) Play baseball
(d) Join the military
14. Why do Piri and his father stop fighting in the morning?
(a) They are too tired
(b) Piri's father has a heart attack
(c) Piri's sister cries
(d) Piri breaks his mother's vase
15. Who is the first person Piri visits in New York?
(a) His aunt
(c) His mother
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Piri say the atmosphere at breakfast is like?
2. What is the name of Brew's girlfriend?
3. What does the A in ABC stand for?
4. What is the House of Do-Right also known as?
5. What language does Gerald use to speak to Piri?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)