|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator travel to London?
(a) By train
(b) By ship
(c) By bus
(d) By car
2. What does a tramp tell the narrator about in this chapter?
(c) The spike
(d) His upbringing
3. Which item of clothing does the narrator not pawn?
(a) His top hat
(b) His jeans
(c) His best suit
(d) His overcoat
4. How many men live at the lodgings ?
5. What does the narrator say will help the tramps be healthy?
(a) The army
(c) Bread and margarine
(d) Homegrown vegetables
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the deputy and his wife make at any time of the day?
2. What kind of food does the narrator say leads to malnutrition?
3. What kind of shelter does the narrator stay in in this chapter?
4. What does the narrator hear a young man ranting about getting?
5. How much money does the narrator have left the next morning?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)