|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bozo do to earn money?
(a) He is a pavement artist
(b) He sings and dances
(c) He writes poetry
(d) He sell cigarettes
2. What country did the robber run away to avoid a death sentence?
3. What does the narrator say is illegal?
(b) Pavement art
(d) Fighting among tramps
4. How much money does the narrator have left the next morning?
(a) 1 pound
(b) 2 pounds
(c) A crown
(d) 8 and 2 pence
5. What does the narrator hear a young man ranting about getting?
(a) A wife
(b) A job
(c) A truck
(d) A car
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Paddy want to bury?
2. For what is Paddy put in prison?
3. How much is the old age pension per week?
4. What is the name of the narrator's new friend?
5. What does the young tramp claimed to have been?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the sleeping conditions of a spike.
2. How does the narrator describe the deputy and his wife?
3. What shocks the narrator in chapter 35?
4. What does the narrator discover about England in chapter 25?
5. How do the tramps behave in the church in chapter 33?
6. Why does the narrator use Croydon as an example of a good lodging house?
7. How is Paddy different from Boris?
8. What happens to Paddy and Bozo in the final chapter?
9. Describe the narrator's first night in London?
10. Why do you think the author includes this apparently irrelevant chapter in the book?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)