|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bozo sell to get money?
(a) His shoes
(b) His razor
(c) His socks
(d) His diamond ring
2. Which of the following is an example of the work Bozo and his friends do?
(b) A marriage consultant
(c) Selling matches
(d) Cricket scorer
3. What do the tramps have to do first thing in the morning?
(a) Sing for their breakfast
(b) 20 press ups
(c) Run around the yard
(d) Strip for inspection
4. What does the former Eton man do during the night and while he's asleep?
(a) Punches the wall
(b) Wets the bed
5. What do the narrator and his acquaintance have to do before they receive food from the church?
(a) Vandalize a rival church
(b) Sing and dance
(c) Debate religion with the vicar
(d) Listen to a sermon
Short Answer Questions
1. What country did the robber run away to avoid a death sentence?
2. How old is Paddy?
3. What of the following is work Bozo and his friends don't do?
4. How much money does the narrator have left the next morning?
5. How many nights is a homeless person allowed to stay at a spike?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the deputy and his wife?
2. In what way does the young man affect the narrator in chapter 29?
3. What does the narrator believe he has learned from his experiences?
4. Describe the character of Paddy.
5. How does Bozo earn his money?
6. How is Bozo more interesting than other homeless people he has met in the book?
7. What reason does the carpenter give for throwing away all the food?
8. Why does the narrator use Croydon as an example of a good lodging house?
9. How does Bozo win the narrator's admiration in chapter 33?
10. How do the tramps behave in the church in chapter 33?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)