|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the tramp major invite the narrator to work?
(a) The kitchen
(b) The big issue magazine
(c) The laundry
(d) The garden
2. What is the name of the narrator's new friend?
3. What can the narrator see the man is from his face?
4. What does the narrator say is illegal?
(b) Fighting among tramps
(d) Pavement art
5. On the what do the tramps sleep?
(a) A bed
(b) The floor
(c) An armchair
(d) A mattress
Short Answer Questions
1. What of the following is work Bozo and his friends don't do?
2. How much money does Paddy want to bury?
3. Who do the tramps jeer at during the service?
4. What kind of street meeting does the narrator see in this chapter?
5. How is Paddy eventually killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What ideas does the narrator have to improve the tramp's lives?
2. What shocks the narrator in chapter 35?
3. Describe the narrator's experience at the church in chapter 26.
4. Describe the Salvation Army shelter.
5. What does the narrator discover about England in chapter 25?
6. How does Bozo earn his money?
7. What reason does the carpenter give for throwing away all the food?
8. Describe the character of Paddy.
9. Describe the narrator's first night in London?
10. Why does Paddy want to bury his five pence?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)