|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bozo consider to be a free show?
(a) Church services
(c) His art work
(d) The stars
2. Where does the narrator spend most of his time in this chapter?
(a) The library
(b) His lodgings
(c) The cinema
(d) The streets
3. What is the name of the narrator's new friend?
4. About what does the narrator tell the carpenter?
(a) The wasted food
(b) His girlfriend
(c) His last holiday
(d) His upbringing
5. For what is Paddy put in prison?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator pawn in this chapter?
2. What do the tramps do during the sermon?
3. Where do the tramps hide their money?
4. How old is the former Eton boy?
5. How many men live at the lodgings ?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator discover about England in chapter 25?
2. How does Bozo win the narrator's admiration in chapter 33?
3. How is Bozo more interesting than other homeless people he has met in the book?
4. Describe the narrator's experience at the church in chapter 26.
5. Describe the sleeping conditions of a spike.
6. How do the tramps behave in the church in chapter 33?
7. What kind of people live in the lodging house?
8. What does the narrator believe he has learned from his experiences?
9. How is Paddy different from Boris?
10. What are spikes?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)