|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city did Bozo have an accident?
2. What country did the robber run away to avoid a death sentence?
3. How much money does the narrator have left the next morning?
(a) 2 pounds
(b) A crown
(c) 8 and 2 pence
(d) 1 pound
4. Where do the tramps hide their money?
(a) Up their sleeves
(b) In their socks
(c) In their underpants
(d) In their shoes
5. What does the narrator never expect a tramp to be when he gives them a penny?
(a) Employed in the morning
(d) Drug addicts
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does the narrator compare the spikes?
2. What kind of street meeting does the narrator see in this chapter?
3. What kind of stories does the narrator hear at the Cromley spike?
4. What countries slang and swear words does the author discuss?
5. What can the narrator see the man is from his face?
Short Essay Questions
1. What shocks the narrator in chapter 35?
2. Describe the Salvation Army shelter.
3. How is Paddy different from Boris?
4. Why does Paddy want to bury his five pence?
5. Describe the character of Paddy.
6. What ideas does the narrator have to improve the tramp's lives?
7. How do the tramps behave in the church in chapter 33?
8. What happens in the morning at the spike in chapter 27?
9. What reason does the carpenter give for throwing away all the food?
10. In what way does the young man affect the narrator in chapter 29?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)