|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of status does the narrator say that tramps need to attain?
(a) Working status
(b) Human status
(c) Pauper status
(d) Wealthy status
2. To what does the narrator compare the spikes?
(b) A large dormitory
3. What does the narrator talk about in this chapter?
(a) British weather
(b) British tea
(c) Swear words and slang
4. Where do the group of men in this chapter live?
(a) On a boat
(b) An underground cellar
(c) A brothel
(d) Under a bridge
5. About what does the narrator tell the carpenter?
(a) His last holiday
(b) His girlfriend
(c) The wasted food
(d) His upbringing
Short Answer Questions
1. Paddy asks if ____________ lived before Jesus Christ.
2. What do the tramps have to hand over before they enter a spike?
3. Where is the cheapest lodgings in London?
4. When will the narrator's new employers arrive home?
5. What do the tramps do during the sermon?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)