|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the former Eton boy?
2. What of the following is work Bozo and his friends don't do?
(a) Sell matches
(c) Take photographs
(d) Street acrobatics
3. For what is Paddy put in prison?
4. What does the narrator say would make people like begging more?
(a) If it was more fun
(b) If it was profitable
(c) If it was legal
(d) If the beggars were more attractive
5. What does the narrator say has destroyed manhood?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name give to the lead tramp?
2. What do the tramps have to do first thing in the morning?
3. What does the narrator call Bozo?
4. What does the narrator find uncomfortable in this chapter?
5. How often does Bozo draw new pictures?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the narrator's theory about British swear words?
2. Why does the narrator use Croydon as an example of a good lodging house?
3. Describe the character of Paddy.
4. Describe the narrator's experience at the church in chapter 26.
5. How is Paddy different from Boris?
6. Describe the narrator's first night in London?
7. How do the tramps behave in the church in chapter 33?
8. What kind of people live in the lodging house?
9. What does the narrator discover about England in chapter 25?
10. What are the narrator's views on England as he travels there by boat?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)