|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name give to the lead tramp?
(a) A tramp general
(b) King of the tramps
(c) A tramp major
(d) A tramp colonel
2. How does the narrator describe Paddy's ignorance?
(a) Limitless and appalling
(c) Funny and cute
3. How much money does the narrator have left the next morning?
(a) A crown
(b) 2 pounds
(c) 8 and 2 pence
(d) 1 pound
4. From what does the narrator say the tramps are cut off?
(a) Pawn shops
(b) Bank accounts
5. Who does the narrator say is at blame for the existence of tramps?
(b) The labor government
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Paddy eventually killed?
2. Who do the tramps jeer at during the service?
3. What is the name of the spike the narrator stays at in this chapter?
4. What country did the robber run away to avoid a death sentence?
5. What is the name of Paddy's friend?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize chapter 37.
2. What happens to Paddy and Bozo in the final chapter?
3. What are spikes?
4. How does Bozo win the narrator's admiration in chapter 33?
5. Describe the narrator's first night in London?
6. What does the narrator believe he has learned from his experiences?
7. What is the narrator's theory about British swear words?
8. What ideas does the narrator have to improve the tramp's lives?
9. What does the narrator discover about England in chapter 25?
10. What are the narrator's views on England as he travels there by boat?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)