|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the tramps have to do first thing in the morning?
(a) Sing for their breakfast
(b) Strip for inspection
(c) 20 press ups
(d) Run around the yard
2. What does the young tramp claimed to have been?
(a) A pimp
(b) A lawyer
(c) The prime minister
(d) A carpenter
3. What kind of shelter does the narrator stay in in this chapter?
(a) Salvation Army shelter
(b) A bus shelter
(c) An army shelter
(d) Oxfam shelter
4. What does Bozo do to earn money?
(a) He sell cigarettes
(b) He writes poetry
(c) He sings and dances
(d) He is a pavement artist
5. What does the narrator find uncomfortable in this chapter?
(a) Flirting with female tramps
(b) Talking to Bozo
(c) Listening to the tramps' political opinions.
(d) Mixing with blacks and Indians
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Paddy's friend?
2. To what does the narrator refuse to subscribe?
3. Where do the group of men in this chapter live?
4. What does the narrator talk about in this chapter?
5. Which of the following is an example of the work Bozo and his friends do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are spikes?
2. What does the narrator believe he has learned from his experiences?
3. What reason does the carpenter give for throwing away all the food?
4. How does Bozo earn his money?
5. Describe the Salvation Army shelter.
6. Summarize chapter 37.
7. How is Bozo more interesting than other homeless people he has met in the book?
8. How do the people in the lodging house earn their money?
9. Describe the narrator's first night in London?
10. Describe the narrator's experience at the church in chapter 26.
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)