|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the former Eton boy?
2. What do the tramps have to hand over before they enter a spike?
(b) Jewerly and drugs
(c) Money and tobacco
(d) Shoes and socks
3. How many men live at the lodgings ?
4. Which of the following is an example of the work Bozo and his friends do?
(b) Cricket scorer
(c) A marriage consultant
(d) Selling matches
5. On the what do the tramps sleep?
(a) An armchair
(b) A bed
(c) A mattress
(d) The floor
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bozo forget to do before he sold his razor?
2. How old is Paddy?
3. What do the deputy and his wife make at any time of the day?
4. What kind of shelter does the narrator stay in in this chapter?
5. What does the narrator say is illegal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What ideas does the narrator have to improve the tramp's lives?
2. What happens to Paddy and Bozo in the final chapter?
3. Summarize chapter 37.
4. What reason does the carpenter give for throwing away all the food?
5. What are the narrator's views on England as he travels there by boat?
6. How do the people in the lodging house earn their money?
7. What shocks the narrator in chapter 35?
8. What does the narrator believe he has learned from his experiences?
9. Describe the sleeping conditions of a spike.
10. Describe the Salvation Army shelter.
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)