|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator say is the best lodgings?
(a) Hyde Park
(c) Tufnell Park
2. From what does the narrator say the tramps are cut off?
(a) Bank accounts
(d) Pawn shops
3. What does the narrator call Bozo?
(a) A loafer
(b) A loner
(c) An outcat
(d) A screever
4. To what does the narrator compare the spikes?
(b) A large dormitory
5. What does the narrator hear a young man ranting about getting?
(a) A truck
(b) A car
(c) A job
(d) A wife
Short Answer Questions
1. How big are the bedrooms in the spike?
2. What did Bozo forget to do before he sold his razor?
3. To what does the narrator refuse to subscribe?
4. What does the narrator say that society misunderstands?
5. What does the narrator say uneducated men need to stay sane?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator discover about England in chapter 25?
2. In what way does the young man affect the narrator in chapter 29?
3. Why does Paddy want to bury his five pence?
4. How does the narrator describe the deputy and his wife?
5. How is Paddy different from Boris?
6. What does the narrator believe he has learned from his experiences?
7. Describe the narrator's first night in London?
8. How do the people in the lodging house earn their money?
9. Describe the narrator's experience at the church in chapter 26.
10. Describe the Salvation Army shelter.
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)