|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator call Bozo?
(a) A screever
(b) An outcat
(c) A loner
(d) A loafer
2. In what city did Bozo have an accident?
3. What illness is the doctor for signs of?
4. What does the narrator say has destroyed manhood?
5. Where does the tramp major invite the narrator to work?
(a) The kitchen
(b) The big issue magazine
(c) The laundry
(d) The garden
Short Answer Questions
1. Name one of the slang words Orwell lists in this chapter.
2. What kind of food does the narrator say leads to malnutrition?
3. What does Bozo sell to get money?
4. How much money does the narrator have left the next morning?
5. What countries slang and swear words does the author discuss?
Short Essay Questions
1. What shocks the narrator in chapter 35?
2. What are spikes?
3. How do the tramps behave in the church in chapter 33?
4. How does Bozo earn his money?
5. What happens in the morning at the spike in chapter 27?
6. Describe the sleeping conditions of a spike.
7. How is Bozo more interesting than other homeless people he has met in the book?
8. What is the narrator's theory about British swear words?
9. How do the people in the lodging house earn their money?
10. How does Bozo win the narrator's admiration in chapter 33?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)