|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the narrator's new friend?
2. In what city did Bozo have an accident?
3. What does the narrator say uneducated men need to stay sane?
(b) Physical work
(c) A family
4. What does the young tramp claimed to have been?
(a) A pimp
(b) A carpenter
(c) A lawyer
(d) The prime minister
5. What does the narrator say has destroyed manhood?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say would make people like begging more?
2. How often does Bozo draw new pictures?
3. To what does the narrator compare the spikes?
4. How much money does Paddy want to bury?
5. What is a chanter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Salvation Army shelter.
2. How does Bozo earn his money?
3. How is Bozo more interesting than other homeless people he has met in the book?
4. How is Paddy different from Boris?
5. What are the narrator's views on England as he travels there by boat?
6. What happens in the morning at the spike in chapter 27?
7. What does the narrator believe he has learned from his experiences?
8. Describe the character of Paddy.
9. Describe the narrator's first night in London?
10. What ideas does the narrator have to improve the tramp's lives?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)