|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the tramp major invite the narrator to work?
(a) The garden
(b) The big issue magazine
(c) The laundry
(d) The kitchen
2. Paddy asks if ____________ lived before Jesus Christ.
(b) James Joyce
(c) Julius Caesar
(d) Buster Mottram
3. What does the narrator hear a young man ranting about getting?
(a) A car
(b) A truck
(c) A wife
(d) A job
4. For how long is the narrator staying at the spike?
(a) A weekend
(b) One night
(c) A week
(d) Five days
5. What countries slang and swear words does the author discuss?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say that society misunderstands?
2. What do the tramps do during the sermon?
3. To what does the narrator compare the spikes?
4. What does the former Eton man do during the night and while he's asleep?
5. Which of the following is an example of the work Bozo and his friends do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are spikes?
2. What shocks the narrator in chapter 35?
3. Describe the narrator's first night in London?
4. Why does Paddy want to bury his five pence?
5. What does the narrator discover about England in chapter 25?
6. What are the narrator's views on England as he travels there by boat?
7. How do the people in the lodging house earn their money?
8. What stories does the narrator hear at the Cromley spike?
9. What kind of people live in the lodging house?
10. How do the tramps behave in the church in chapter 33?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)