|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does the narrator have left the next morning?
(a) A crown
(b) 1 pound
(c) 2 pounds
(d) 8 and 2 pence
2. What does the narrator say that lodging providers should be required to install?
(d) A lounge area
3. What does the former Eton man do during the night and while he's asleep?
(b) Punches the wall
(d) Wets the bed
4. What does the narrator list in this chapter?
(a) Swear words
(b) Difficult to prounce words
(c) Things he needs to do
(d) Slang words
5. When will the narrator's new employers arrive home?
(a) In a month
(b) In two weeks
(c) In 6 months
(d) In a week
Short Answer Questions
1. What is likely to happen to Paddy's money if he takes it into the spike?
2. What of the following is work Bozo and his friends don't do?
3. What does the narrator say is a large part of Paddy's character?
4. Where do the tramps hide their money?
5. For how long is Bozo in prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the narrator's first night in London?
2. What does the narrator believe he has learned from his experiences?
3. What kind of people live in the lodging house?
4. Describe the character of Paddy.
5. What reason does the carpenter give for throwing away all the food?
6. Why does Paddy want to bury his five pence?
7. What are spikes?
8. How does Bozo win the narrator's admiration in chapter 33?
9. How do the tramps behave in the church in chapter 33?
10. Describe the narrator's experience at the church in chapter 26.
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)