|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can the narrator see the man is from his face?
2. Who do the tramps jeer at during the service?
(a) A government official
(b) The preacher
(c) The narrator
(d) The preacher's mother
3. What does the narrator never expect a tramp to be when he gives them a penny?
(b) Drug addicts
(c) Employed in the morning
4. What is the name of the narrator's new friend?
5. Where does the narrator spend most of his time in this chapter?
(a) His lodgings
(b) The cinema
(c) The library
(d) The streets
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men live at the lodgings ?
2. What do the tramps have to do first thing in the morning?
3. Where do the group of men in this chapter live?
4. What does the young tramp claimed to have been?
5. What kind of street meeting does the narrator see in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the tramps behave in the church in chapter 33?
2. What stories does the narrator hear at the Cromley spike?
3. How is Paddy different from Boris?
4. What does the narrator discover about England in chapter 25?
5. What happens to Paddy and Bozo in the final chapter?
6. What does the narrator believe he has learned from his experiences?
7. What kind of people live in the lodging house?
8. What ideas does the narrator have to improve the tramp's lives?
9. What happens in the morning at the spike in chapter 27?
10. How is Bozo more interesting than other homeless people he has met in the book?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)