|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city does the story take place?
2. At what time do the staff have their break?
(a) 2 o'clock
(b) 11 o'clock
(c) 10 o'clock
(d) 3 o'clock
3. How many days did Valenti go without eating?
4. How big is Boris' room?
5. Where do the staff go to get some fresh air?
(a) The river
(b) The bar
(c) The bistro
(d) The park
Short Answer Questions
1. How many other people does the Italian rob?
2. For how many days does the narrator loaf?
3. How much does the narrator earn per month at the restaurant?
4. In how many weeks will the restaurant open?
5. What is the name of the narrator's Russian friend?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Boris and the narrator quit their jobs in chapter 19?
2. How does the narrator spend his last days in Paris?
3. Describe the working conditions at the Auberge.
4. Why is the narrator berated for wearing a mustache in chapter 13?
5. Describe the story Charlie tells in the second chapter?
6. How is poverty affecting the narrator's life?
7. Describe the narrator's routine as a plongeur.
8. In what way is Boris in bad shape in chapter 5?
9. What illusion does the narrator say the success of the restaurant destroys in chapter 21?
10. How does the narrator describe waiters in chapter 14?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)