|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long does the narrator work at the restaurant?
(b) 2 weeks
(c) 1 month
(d) 3 weeks
2. Who writes to the narrator about the job opening?
(a) His brother
(b) His uncle
(c) An acquaintance
(d) A friend
3. Where does the restaurant store their meat?
(a) In the yard
(b) In the fridge
(c) In the cellar
(d) Under the floor boards
4. What is the name of the restaurant?
(c) The Russina Bistro
(d) Aberge de Jehan Cottard
5. Where do Boris and the narrator eat their meals?
(a) The narrator's bedroom
(b) The sewers
(d) Homeless shelters
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the postcard sellers say they are selling?
2. How many hours a day does the narrator work at the hotel?
3. What is the name of the quarter in which the narrator lives?
4. What was the name of the girl with whom Charlie lived?
5. What kind of children does Charlie say Yvonne had?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Boris fall into despair in chapter 6?
2. Describe the story Charlie tells in the second chapter?
3. Why is the narrator berated for wearing a mustache in chapter 13?
4. In what way is Boris in bad shape in chapter 5?
5. How does Roucolle lose all of his money?
6. How do Boris and the narrator pass the time while they wait for the restaurant to open?
7. Describe the story Valenti tells in chapter 15.
8. In what way does the narrator claim the restaurant is successful in chapter 21?
9. What does the narrator say are his best and worst days working at the hotel?
10. Describe the narrator's Saturday nights.
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)