|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of people does the charity in Charlie's story feed?
(c) Pregnant women
2. What does Boris call the man with whom he shares a room?
(a) The junkie
(b) The slav
(c) The Jew
3. How much money is the narrator living on a day?
(a) 6 francs
(b) 4 franc
(c) 10 francs
(d) 2 francs
4. What do Boris and the narrator try to pawn?
5. What is the narrator berated for having?
(a) A necklace
(b) A moustache
(c) A beard
(d) A vest
Short Answer Questions
1. Which part of Boris' body is badly hurt?
2. What is the name of the elderly man in the narrator's story?
3. What wakes the narrator outside his window?
4. What does Yvonne stuff in her clothing?
5. How many days a week does the narrator work at the restaurant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What illusion does the narrator say the success of the restaurant destroys in chapter 21?
2. How do Boris and the narrator pass the time while they wait for the restaurant to open?
3. Describe the working conditions at the Auberge.
4. Why do Boris and the narrator quit their jobs in chapter 19?
5. Describe Boris and the narrator's interview at the Auberge.
6. In what way is Boris in bad shape in chapter 5?
7. Why is the narrator berated for wearing a mustache in chapter 13?
8. How does the narrator describe waiters in chapter 14?
9. Why does Boris fall into despair in chapter 6?
10. How is poverty affecting the narrator's life?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)