|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yvonne stuff in her clothing?
(b) Bird feathers
(c) A cushion
2. What do the postcard sellers say they are selling?
3. In how many weeks will the restaurant open?
4. Where does the man live who owes Boris money?
(a) Rue Fondary
(d) Coq d'Or
5. What is the name of the narrator's Russian friend?
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day of the week does the narrator go to the bistro?
2. How many francs has the Jew stolen off Boris?
3. What kind of slave does the narrator say the plongeur is?
4. What is the main problem at the restaurant?
5. How long does it take the narrator to fall asleep again?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Russian society in chapter 8.
2. Describe the narrator's routine as a plongeur.
3. Describe the ghetto where the narrator lives.
4. In what way is a plongeur no better than a slave?
5. How does the narrator describe waiters in chapter 14?
6. How does the narrator spend his last days in Paris?
7. How does the narrator express how tired he is in chapter 16?
8. How does Charlie save the day in chapter 18?
9. Describe the story Charlie tells in chapter 18?
10. Describe the story Valenti tells in chapter 15.
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)