|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator call the hotel where he works?
(a) Hotel Z
(b) Hotel Dirty
(c) Hotel Slavery
(d) Hotel X
2. What is the name of the narrator's Russian friend?
3. What is the name of the elderly man in the narrator's story?
4. How much money is the narrator living on a day?
(a) 10 francs
(b) 2 francs
(c) 6 francs
(d) 4 franc
5. In what is Boris covered?
(a) Bug bites
(d) Sun cream
Short Answer Questions
1. How big is Boris' room?
2. Where does the narrator say people can get much better food?
3. What do Boris and the narrator try to pawn?
4. Where does the narrator try to catch a fish?
5. Where is the tenant squashing bugs?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the narrator berated for wearing a mustache in chapter 13?
2. Why does the narrator believe that people are kept in poverty?
3. Describe the narrator's routine as a plongeur.
4. In what way does the narrator's life get better in chapter 17?
5. Describe the story Valenti tells in chapter 15.
6. How does Charlie save the day in chapter 18?
7. What illusion does the narrator say the success of the restaurant destroys in chapter 21?
8. Describe the working conditions at the Auberge.
9. In what way does the narrator claim the restaurant is successful in chapter 21?
10. In what way is Boris in bad shape in chapter 5?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)