|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the girl with whom Charlie lived?
2. How does the restaurant count its success?
(a) How much money they earn
(b) By how many Frenchmen come
(c) The amount of empty plates
(d) The number of rats in the kitchen
3. Out of how much money does the doorman cheat the narrator?
(a) 50 francs
(b) 200 francs
(c) 100 francs
(d) 114 francs
4. What two words does the narrator associate with a plongeur's work?
(a) Hard and stupid
(b) Rewarding and pay
(c) Stupid and unnecessary
(d) Hard and unrewarding
5. How does the charity worker react when Charlie says Yvonne had twins?
(a) Slaps Yvonne
(b) Kisses Yvonne
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following animals raid the food in the yard?
2. How much does the narrator earn per month at the restaurant?
3. How many gas stoves are there in the restaurant kitchen?
4. Why does the narrator say people have the instinct to keep slaves?
5. What does the narrator do to earn money?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the staff at the Auberge hate each other?
2. Why does Boris fall into despair in chapter 6?
3. Describe the story Valenti tells in chapter 15.
4. How does the narrator express how tired he is in chapter 16?
5. Describe the narrator's routine as a plongeur.
6. Describe the story Charlie tells in chapter 18?
7. In what way does the narrator claim the restaurant is successful in chapter 21?
8. Why is the narrator berated for wearing a mustache in chapter 13?
9. Describe the narrator's job at the hotel.
10. How does the narrator get money in chapter 4?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)