|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what does the narrator say the tramps are cut off?
(b) Bank accounts
(d) Pawn shops
2. When will the narrator's new employers arrive home?
(a) In a month
(b) In a week
(c) In 6 months
(d) In two weeks
3. Paddy asks if ____________ lived before Jesus Christ.
(a) Julius Caesar
(c) Buster Mottram
(d) James Joyce
4. When can Boo not work?
(b) When it is too hot
(c) When it rains
(d) In the evenings
5. Which item of clothing does the narrator not pawn?
(a) His best suit
(b) His jeans
(c) His overcoat
(d) His top hat
6. What does the narrator never expect a tramp to be when he gives them a penny?
(a) Drug addicts
(b) Employed in the morning
7. About what does the narrator tell the carpenter?
(a) The wasted food
(b) His last holiday
(c) His upbringing
(d) His girlfriend
8. Who does the narrator say is at blame for the existence of tramps?
(a) The labor government
9. For what is Paddy put in prison?
10. Where does the narrator spend most of his time in this chapter?
(a) The streets
(b) The cinema
(c) His lodgings
(d) The library
11. What does the narrator find uncomfortable in this chapter?
(a) Talking to Bozo
(b) Flirting with female tramps
(c) Mixing with blacks and Indians
(d) Listening to the tramps' political opinions.
12. How old is the former Eton boy?
13. What does Bozo sell to get money?
(a) His shoes
(b) His socks
(c) His diamond ring
(d) His razor
14. What does the narrator pawn in this chapter?
(a) His wedding ring
(b) His books
(c) His clothes
(d) His gold chain
15. Where do the group of men in this chapter live?
(a) A brothel
(b) On a boat
(c) An underground cellar
(d) Under a bridge
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator say the red faced man learned his prayer talk?
2. What is the name of the narrator's new friend?
3. What does the narrator say that society misunderstands?
4. What does the young tramp claimed to have been?
5. What does the narrator say uneducated men need to stay sane?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)