|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Paddy asks if ____________ lived before Jesus Christ.
(a) Julius Caesar
(c) Buster Mottram
(d) James Joyce
2. How many men live at the lodgings ?
3. What does the narrator say is illegal?
(a) Pavement art
(b) Fighting among tramps
4. What do the tramps have to do first thing in the morning?
(a) Sing for their breakfast
(b) Run around the yard
(c) 20 press ups
(d) Strip for inspection
5. Why does Paddy want to bury his money?
(a) To see if it will grow
(b) To avoid prison
(c) To stop it from getting stolen
(d) To save it
6. What does the narrator hear a young man ranting about getting?
(a) A truck
(b) A job
(c) A car
(d) A wife
7. What is the name of the spike the narrator stays at in this chapter?
8. How is Paddy eventually killed?
(a) He is murdered
(b) He starves
(c) He is run over
(d) He jumps off a bridge
9. When can Boo not work?
(a) When it is too hot
(b) When it rains
(c) In the evenings
10. What does the narrator summarize in this chapter?
(a) Vagrant sleeping conditions
(b) Vagrant eating habits
(c) The British justice system
(d) The benefits of married life
11. Where is the cheapest lodgings in London?
(a) The Embankment
(c) Charing Cross
(d) Leicester Square
12. What does the narrator say a tramp needs?
(a) Meaningful work
(b) A farm
(c) A free bath house
13. Who does the narrator say is at blame for the existence of tramps?
(a) The labor government
14. Which of the following is an example of the work Bozo and his friends do?
(a) Selling matches
(b) A marriage consultant
(d) Cricket scorer
15. What is the name of Paddy's friend?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city did Bozo have an accident?
2. What does the narrator say has destroyed manhood?
3. How much is the old age pension per week?
4. What kind of food does the narrator say leads to malnutrition?
5. What does Bozo do to earn money?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)