|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Paddy want to bury?
(a) 10 pence
(b) 20 pence
(c) 5 pence
(d) 50 pence
2. Where does the narrator say the red faced man learned his prayer talk?
(d) The library
3. What are the tramps embarrassed by in this chapter?
(a) Prayer talk
(b) Their lack of education
(c) Their smell
(d) A nun
4. How much money does the narrator have left the next morning?
(a) 1 pound
(b) 8 and 2 pence
(c) 2 pounds
(d) A crown
5. From what does the narrator say the tramps are cut off?
(b) Pawn shops
(c) Bank accounts
6. What kind of stories does the narrator hear at the Cromley spike?
(a) Ghost stories
(b) Folk tales
(c) Bad luck stories
(d) Love stories
7. What does Bozo sell to get money?
(a) His diamond ring
(b) His razor
(c) His shoes
(d) His socks
8. What do the tramps have to hand over before they enter a spike?
(a) Shoes and socks
(c) Money and tobacco
(d) Jewerly and drugs
9. What does the narrator list in this chapter?
(a) Swear words
(b) Things he needs to do
(c) Difficult to prounce words
(d) Slang words
10. Why does Paddy want to bury his money?
(a) To save it
(b) To avoid prison
(c) To stop it from getting stolen
(d) To see if it will grow
11. How big are the bedrooms in the spike?
(a) 8x8 feet
(b) 10x10 feet
(c) 8x5 feet
(d) 5x5 feet
12. What does the narrator say would make people like begging more?
(a) If it was legal
(b) If the beggars were more attractive
(c) If it was more fun
(d) If it was profitable
13. Which of the following is an example of the work Bozo and his friends do?
(a) Selling matches
(b) A marriage consultant
(c) Cricket scorer
14. What does the former Eton man do during the night and while he's asleep?
(c) Wets the bed
(d) Punches the wall
15. What kind of shelter does the narrator stay in in this chapter?
(a) A bus shelter
(b) An army shelter
(c) Oxfam shelter
(d) Salvation Army shelter
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say that society misunderstands?
2. How old is the former Eton boy?
3. Where does the narrator hide his money?
4. Where do the group of men in this chapter live?
5. How many times a week do the church serve tea to tramps?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)