|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Paddy's friend?
2. What did Bozo forget to do before he sold his razor?
(a) Make it blunt
(b) Lend it to the narrator
(d) Sharpen it
3. On the what do the tramps sleep?
(a) An armchair
(b) The floor
(c) A bed
(d) A mattress
4. What do the deputy and his wife make at any time of the day?
5. How much money does Paddy want to bury?
(a) 50 pence
(b) 20 pence
(c) 5 pence
(d) 10 pence
6. What do the tramps do during the sermon?
(a) Undress themselves
(b) Stomp their feet and jeer
(c) Kidnap the preacher's wife
7. To what does the narrator refuse to subscribe?
(a) The big issue magazine
(b) The salvation army
(d) The Times newspaper
8. What does the narrator say he will he never think again about tramps?
(a) They are at fault for being homeless
(b) They are drunken scoundrels
(c) They are a source of humor
(d) They have somewhere to go
9. When can Boo not work?
(a) When it is too hot
(b) In the evenings
(d) When it rains
10. What does the narrator say would make people like begging more?
(a) If it was more fun
(b) If it was profitable
(c) If it was legal
(d) If the beggars were more attractive
11. What kind of stories does the narrator hear at the Cromley spike?
(a) Folk tales
(b) Bad luck stories
(c) Love stories
(d) Ghost stories
12. What is the name of the narrator's new friend?
13. To what does the narrator compare the spikes?
(b) A large dormitory
14. Paddy asks if ____________ lived before Jesus Christ.
(b) James Joyce
(c) Julius Caesar
(d) Buster Mottram
15. What is the name give to the lead tramp?
(a) A tramp major
(b) King of the tramps
(c) A tramp general
(d) A tramp colonel
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the narrator and his acquaintance have to do before they receive food from the church?
2. What of the following is work Bozo and his friends don't do?
3. Where does the narrator say is the best lodgings?
4. Where does the tramp major invite the narrator to work?
5. What does a tramp tell the narrator about in this chapter?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)