|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the manager say is the secret of a successful restaurant?
(a) Sharp knives
(b) A good chef
(c) Polite waiters
(d) Tender meat
2. Where do Boris and the narrator eat their meals?
(a) The narrator's bedroom
(b) The sewers
(d) Homeless shelters
3. For how many days does the narrator loaf?
4. Why is a plongeur's work in vain?
(a) It is unappreciated
(b) The pay is low
(c) It is not needed
(d) It never stops
5. How money money does the man owe Boris?
(a) 5,000 francs
(b) 4,000 francs
(c) 500 francs
(d) 1,000 francs
6. How many hours a day does the narrator work at the restaurant?
7. What does the narrator have to ration?
8. What does the narrator do when he witnesses a murder?
(a) Goes back to bed
(b) Calls the landlady
(c) Confronts the killer
(d) Calls the police
9. How big is Boris' room?
10. Where is the tenant squashing bugs?
(a) On the wall
(b) On the floor
(c) In the reception area
(d) In the shower
11. For how long does the narrator work at the restaurant?
(a) 1 month
(c) 2 weeks
(d) 3 weeks
12. What is the narrator's position at the hotel?
13. What does Yvonne stuff in her clothing?
(a) Bird feathers
(d) A cushion
14. How many hours a day does the narrator work at the hotel?
15. What kind of speech does Furex give every Saturday?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the narrator and Boris do to their cheeks to make themselves look respectable?
2. What kind of game do the workmen play at the bistro?
3. What is the name of the narrator's Russian friend?
4. How many other people does the Italian rob?
5. At what time in the afternoon does someone get fired?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)