|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the narrator think the rich imagine to be at stake if the poor are not kept in poverty?
(a) Their jobs
(b) Their money
(c) Their liberty
(d) Their children
2. What does the narrator call the hotel where he works?
(a) Hotel Dirty
(b) Hotel Z
(c) Hotel Slavery
(d) Hotel X
3. How many times a day does Boris claim he eats in restaurants?
4. How many gas stoves are there in the restaurant kitchen?
5. What kind of children does Charlie say Yvonne had?
6. Why is a plongeur's work in vain?
(a) It never stops
(b) It is not needed
(c) It is unappreciated
(d) The pay is low
7. What do the postcard sellers say they are selling?
8. How many days a week does the narrator work at the restaurant?
9. What does the narrator say goes out of the window when people are hungry?
10. What is the nationality of the man who robs the narrator?
11. Where does the man live who owes Boris money?
(b) Coq d'Or
(c) Rue Fondary
12. How much money do Boris and the narrator get for the overcoats?
13. What is the narrator berated for having?
(a) A vest
(b) A beard
(c) A necklace
(d) A moustache
14. Who writes to the narrator about the job opening?
(a) An acquaintance
(b) His uncle
(c) A friend
(d) His brother
15. Where do Charlie and Yvonne meet the woman from the charity?
(a) A bar
(b) A bistro
(c) A church
(d) The street
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character reappears in this chapter?
2. What is the name of the narrator's Russian friend?
3. How many other people does the Italian rob?
4. On what day without food did Valenti go mad?
5. Where does the narrator try to catch a fish?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)