|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator try to catch a fish?
(a) A pond
(b) A steam
(d) The Seine
2. What kind of game do the workmen play at the bistro?
3. What does Yvonne stuff in her clothing?
(b) A cushion
(d) Bird feathers
4. At what time do the staff have their break?
(a) 10 o'clock
(b) 2 o'clock
(c) 11 o'clock
(d) 3 o'clock
5. How much money is the narrator living on a day?
(a) 2 francs
(b) 4 franc
(c) 6 francs
(d) 10 francs
6. Who writes to the narrator about the job opening?
(a) An acquaintance
(b) His uncle
(c) A friend
(d) His brother
7. What kind of slave does the narrator say the plongeur is?
(a) A dominant slave
(b) A likable slave
(c) A wasted slave
(d) A powerful slave
8. Where does the restaurant store their meat?
(a) In the cellar
(b) In the fridge
(c) Under the floor boards
(d) In the yard
9. In what is Boris covered?
(c) Sun cream
(d) Bug bites
10. What is the name of the elderly man in the narrator's story?
11. What does the narrator have to ration?
12. How much money do Boris and the narrator get for the overcoats?
13. To what kind of people is the fear of the mob attributed?
(a) Intelligent people
(b) The middle classes
(c) The working classes
14. How many other people does the Italian rob?
15. Where do Charlie and Yvonne meet the woman from the charity?
(a) A bistro
(b) A church
(c) The street
(d) A bar
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the landlady tell her tenant not to do?
2. In what city does the story take place?
3. In what city does the narrator take a job?
4. What is the name of the narrator's Russian friend?
5. How many candles are lit at night?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)