|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the restaurant?
(a) The Russina Bistro
(c) Aberge de Jehan Cottard
2. In how many weeks will the restaurant open?
3. How much money is the narrator living on a day?
(a) 2 francs
(b) 6 francs
(c) 4 franc
(d) 10 francs
4. What kind of speech does Furex give every Saturday?
5. Where do Boris and the narrator eat their meals?
(b) The narrator's bedroom
(c) Homeless shelters
(d) The sewers
6. What does the landlady tell her tenant not to do?
(a) Play music
(c) Flush the toilet at night
(d) Squash bugs
7. How money money does the man owe Boris?
(a) 5,000 francs
(b) 500 francs
(c) 1,000 francs
(d) 4,000 francs
8. Who is second most important person at the hotel?
(a) The maitre d'Hotel
(b) The plongeur
(c) The manager
(d) The waiters
9. Who are the lowest paid workers at the hotel?
(a) The cooks
10. What does the narrator say goes out of the window when people are hungry?
11. Where does the narrator try to catch a fish?
(a) A pond
(b) The Seine
(d) A steam
12. Of what is the chef on the verge?
(b) Mental disturbance
(d) A tantrum
13. What is the name of the quarter in which the narrator lives?
(a) Lens Fromage
(b) Coq la Vim
(c) Coq d'Or
(d) Coq d'Boer
14. What does the narrator say he thought the French knew when they saw it?
(a) Rotten meat
(b) Pretty girls
(c) Good wine
(d) Good food
15. In what city does the story take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times a day does Boris claim he eats in restaurants?
2. In what city does the narrator take a job?
3. How many hours do the staff work in the evening?
4. Which character reappears in this chapter?
5. Which is of the following is not likely to be a resident in the neighborhood?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)