|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how many days does the narrator loaf?
2. What do the narrator and Boris do to their cheeks to make themselves look respectable?
(a) Apply make up
(b) Slap them
(c) Scratch them
(d) Pinch them
3. What does the narrator say he thought the French knew when they saw it?
(a) Pretty girls
(b) Rotten meat
(c) Good food
(d) Good wine
4. How long does it take the narrator to fall asleep again?
(a) 3 minutes
(b) 30 seconds
(c) 1 hour
(d) 5 minutes
5. What is the name of the restaurant?
(a) The Russina Bistro
(c) Aberge de Jehan Cottard
6. In what is Boris covered?
(a) Bug bites
(c) Sun cream
7. Where does the man live who owes Boris money?
(a) Coq d'Or
(b) Rue Fondary
8. At what time do the staff have their break?
(a) 2 o'clock
(b) 10 o'clock
(c) 11 o'clock
(d) 3 o'clock
9. What is the name of the waiter who tells a story in this chapter?
10. How many staff work at Hotel X?
11. How many times a day does Boris claim he eats in restaurants?
12. What do the narrator think the rich imagine to be at stake if the poor are not kept in poverty?
(a) Their children
(b) Their money
(c) Their jobs
(d) Their liberty
13. How many hours a day does the narrator work at the hotel?
14. How does the charity worker react when Charlie says Yvonne had twins?
(b) Slaps Yvonne
(d) Kisses Yvonne
15. In what city does the story take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the manager say is the secret of a successful restaurant?
2. How does the restaurant count its success?
3. Who writes to the narrator about the job opening?
4. On what day of the week does the narrator go to the bistro?
5. Where is the tenant squashing bugs?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)