|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many hours a day does the narrator work at the restaurant?
2. What does the narrator say he thought the French knew when they saw it?
(a) Rotten meat
(b) Good wine
(c) Good food
(d) Pretty girls
3. Why does the narrator say people have the instinct to keep slaves?
(b) Fear of the mob
(c) To have more leisure time
(d) The need to feel dominant
4. What kind of people does the charity in Charlie's story feed?
(d) Pregnant women
5. Who are the lowest paid workers at the hotel?
(c) The cooks
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator spend most of his time in this chapter?
2. What does the narrator pawn in this chapter?
3. Which of the following does the narrator say is one of England's virtues?
4. What kind of slave does the narrator say the plongeur is?
5. What does the narrator say has destroyed manhood?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)