|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a chanter?
(a) A preacher
(b) A pretty girl
(c) A street singer
(d) A public speaker
2. What does the narrator have to ration?
3. What does the narrator do to earn money?
(b) Teaches English
(c) Rents rooms
(d) Sells drugs
4. What do the narrator and Boris do to their cheeks to make themselves look respectable?
(a) Pinch them
(b) Apply make up
(c) Slap them
(d) Scratch them
5. What is the name of Paddy's friend?
Short Answer Questions
1. What two words does the narrator associate with a plongeur's work?
2. Name one of the slang words Orwell lists in this chapter.
3. What does the narrator not have that he had at the hotel?
4. Out of how much money does the doorman cheat the narrator?
5. Where do Boris and the narrator eat their meals?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)