|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the gossipy woman in Father Flynn's sermon seized by?
(a) The police.
(b) The person she gossiped about.
(c) Her neighbor.
2. What did Father O'Rourke say the gossipy woman had played fast and loose with?
(a) The law.
(b) Her reputation.
(c) The Ten Commandments.
(d) The reputation of the person she'd gossiped about.
3. What does Mrs. Muller tell Sister Aloysius she doesn't want?
(b) Donald to be an altar boy.
(c) To lose her job.
(d) Money from the church.
4. In Scene 9, who else does Sister Aloysius say she told about Father Flynn?
(a) Monsignor Benedict.
(b) Sister Veronica.
(c) Mr. Muller.
(d) The Bishop.
5. What does Mrs. Muller hint about Donald's nature?
(a) He is an angry boy.
(b) He is too outgoing.
(c) He may be homosexual.
(d) He is timid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the gossiping woman in Father Flynn's sermon on gossip represent?
2. What did the gossipy woman ask Father O'Rourke?
3. How does Sister James describe Donald Muller at Father Flynn's departure?
4. What does Father O'Rourke say to the woman after she responds to his second request?
5. What sin did Father O'Rourke say the gossipy woman had committed?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Scene 9, what does Sister James tell Sister Aloysius she thinks of Father Flynn?
2. What does Mrs. Muller say is the real reason Mr. Muller beat Donald?
3. What happened to Father Flynn after he left St. Nicholas?
4. Why does Mrs. Muller say that it was Donald who was punished for drinking the wine instead of Father Flynn being punished for giving it to him?
5. What does Sister Aloysius believe about Father Flynn's resignation from St. Nicholas?
6. What does Father Flynn say is wrong about Sister Aloysius contacting his prior parish?
7. What about the crow in Scene 7 reminds the audience of Sister Aloysius?
8. In Scene 7, why does Father Flynn say that the truth makes for a poor sermon?
9. What does Father Flynn seem to be most worried about if Sister Aloysius makes her accusations against him public?
10. In Scene 7, why does Father Flynn say Sister Aloysius doesn't really care about the children?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)