|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Father Flynn say has been damaged through no fault of his own as he talks to Sister James in Scene 7?
(a) His ability to preach.
(b) Donald's reputation.
(c) His reputation.
(d) His faith.
2. What does Sister Aloysius say Father Flynn is a disgrace to?
(a) The collar.
(d) St. Nicholas school.
3. Why does Father Flynn tell Sister James he avoids Donald Muller?
(a) Fear of being misunderstood.
(b) He doesn't like him.
(c) Sister Aloysius told him to.
(d) He's embarrassed.
4. At the end of Scene 8, who does Father Flynn call?
(a) The Bishop.
(b) His mother.
(c) The Monsignor.
(d) Sister James.
5. What does Mrs. Muller hint about Donald's nature?
(a) He is timid.
(b) He is an angry boy.
(c) He may be homosexual.
(d) He is too outgoing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Scene 9 take place?
2. What did Father O'Rourke call the gossipy woman?
3. What did Father O'Rourke say the gossipy woman had played fast and loose with?
4. What does Father O'Rourke say to the woman after she responds to his second request?
5. What is Sister Aloysius' response when Father Flynn asks her what he's done?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Father Flynn's sermon, what point is Father O'Rourke trying to make about gossip when he instructs the gossipy woman to pick up every last feather?
2. What is strange about Father O'Rourke's reaction to the gossipy woman's confession in Father Flynn's sermon?
3. In Father Flynn's sermon, what does Father O'Rourke tell the gossipy woman she should be particularly ashamed of?
4. In Scene 7, why does Father Flynn say that the truth makes for a poor sermon?
5. When Father Flynn comes to Sister Aloysius' office in the second part of Scene 8, why does she tell him he can't come in?
6. What causes the woman in Father Flynn's sermon to feel guilty about gossiping?
7. In Scene 7, what does Sister James say Sister Aloysius has done to take away her joy in teaching?
8. What shocks Sister James about Sister Aloysius' call to Father Flynn's prior parish?
9. What happened to Father Flynn after he left St. Nicholas?
10. What does Father Flynn say Sister Aloysius is holding the school and parish back from?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)