|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Scene 9, what does Sister Aloysius have?
(a) A feeling of accomplishment.
(c) A heart attack.
(d) A phone call from Mrs. Muller.
2. What does Mrs. Muller hint about Donald's nature?
(a) He is an angry boy.
(b) He is timid.
(c) He is too outgoing.
(d) He may be homosexual.
3. What was the woman's response to Father O'Rourke's second request?
(a) She ran from the church.
(b) Yes, Father.
(c) It can't be done.
(d) She cried.
4. What does Sister Aloysius say was Father Flynn's confession?
(a) He called the Bishop.
(b) He broke down and cried.
(c) His resignation.
(d) He asked for Donald's forgiveness.
5. Where does Father Flynn say Sister Aloysius had no right to step?
(a) Outside the church.
(b) In his office.
(c) Into Donald's life.
(d) Into his personal affairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Father O'Rourke tell the woman to do with the pillow?
2. In Scene 8, what does Sister Aloysius say will happen to Father Flynn after she exposes him?
3. In Scene 8, when Father Flynn enters Sister Aloysius' office, what does Sister Aloysius say they need?
4. What does Father O'Rourke say to the woman after she responds to his second request?
5. What does Sister Aloysius say wouldn't have worked if Father Flynn was innocent?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Muller say is the real reason Mr. Muller beat Donald?
2. In Scene 7, why does Father Flynn say that the truth makes for a poor sermon?
3. In Scene 7, what does Sister James say Sister Aloysius has done to take away her joy in teaching?
4. What about the crow in Scene 7 reminds the audience of Sister Aloysius?
5. In the second part of Scene 8, what does Father Flynn say is the real reason Sister Aloysius is after him?
6. In Scene 9, why is Sister Aloysius glad that Sister James went to see her family?
7. What reason does Father Flynn give Sister James for his not wanting to defend himself against Sister Aloysius' accusations?
8. What causes the woman in Father Flynn's sermon to feel guilty about gossiping?
9. In Scene 7, what indications does Sister James give that she takes Father Flynn's sermons very seriously?
10. In Father Flynn's sermon, what does Father O'Rourke tell the gossipy woman she should be particularly ashamed of?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)