|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Sister James give Father Flynn for her trouble sleeping?
(b) Bad dreams.
(c) No time.
(d) Noisy birds.
2. What did Father O'Rourke tell the woman to do with the pillow?
(a) Throw it away.
(b) Give it to the person she'd gossiped about.
(c) Cut it open and empty it.
(d) Give it to the poor.
3. How many parishes does Sister Aloysius discover Father Flynn has been assigned to in the past five years?
4. What does Sister Aloysius suggest Father Flynn do when they speak alone in her office?
(a) Pray for forgiveness.
(b) Apologize to Donald.
(c) Tell Mrs. Muller what he's done.
(d) Confess and resign.
5. What does Sister Aloysius tell Father Flynn caused her to be watchful of him from the first day of school?
(a) She'd heard bad things about him.
(b) He touched a boy's wrist.
(c) He seemed sneaky.
(d) She doesn't trust men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sister Aloysius tell Sister James maybe they are not supposed to do?
2. Where does Scene 9 take place?
3. To what position is Father Flynn assigned after leaving St. Nicholas?
4. Which one of her relations does Sister James say is ill?
5. In Scene 7, what does Father Flynn compare Sister Aloysius to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What shocks Sister James about Sister Aloysius' call to Father Flynn's prior parish?
2. Why is does Mrs. Muller say that regardless of what Donald's trouble is at the school, he only needs to make it through until June?
3. What does Mrs. Muller say is the real reason Mr. Muller beat Donald?
4. What about the crow in Scene 7 reminds the audience of Sister Aloysius?
5. What causes the woman in Father Flynn's sermon to feel guilty about gossiping?
6. In Scene 9, what reason does Sister James give Sister Aloysius for being unable to sleep?
7. Why does Mrs. Muller say that it was Donald who was punished for drinking the wine instead of Father Flynn being punished for giving it to him?
8. In Father Flynn's sermon, what point is Father O'Rourke trying to make about gossip when he instructs the gossipy woman to pick up every last feather?
9. What does Sister Aloysius believe about Father Flynn's resignation from St. Nicholas?
10. What does Father Flynn say is wrong about Sister Aloysius contacting his prior parish?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)