|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was a new idea about the life of a scientist to Watson at the end of chapter five?
(a) Social life
(b) Intellectual life
(c) Personality conflicts
(d) Structure of DNA
2. Which of the following characters attended Rosy's talk?
(a) Sir Lawrence
3. Which of the following is the best term for chains of nucleotides?
(a) Patterned nucleotide chains
(b) Multinucleotide chains
(c) Polynucleotide chains
(d) Seminucleotide chains
4. Which of the following characters was on the edge of being fired?
5. Which of the following does NOT describe Pauling as seen through Watson's eyes?
(b) Dynamic speaker
(c) Poor writer
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Watson neglected to do at Rosy's lecture?
2. At what university were both Crick and the author working in the opening chapter?
3. On what topic was Rosy's talk?
4. Which of the following had happened which affected Watson's ability to relocate during his fellowship?
5. Which of the following is the best synonym for pall as used in the following sentence: Rosy's attitude left a pall on the evening.
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)