|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters wrote a paper describing his idea for the helix theory?
(a) Sir Lawrence
2. What did Wilkin's x-rays show?
(a) Biological proof that DNA existed
(b) Crystals taken from a mine
(c) Crystallized DNA
(d) Bone degradation
3. Which of the following characters attended Rosy's talk?
(c) Sir Lawrence
4. Which of the following is the best term for chains of nucleotides?
(a) Patterned nucleotide chains
(b) Multinucleotide chains
(c) Seminucleotide chains
(d) Polynucleotide chains
5. Which of the following had happened which affected Watson's ability to relocate during his fellowship?
(a) The person he wanted to switch to work with rejected his plan
(b) A new chairman was named
(c) Transfers were not allowed under his fellowship agreement
(d) His fellowship had run out of money
Short Answer Questions
1. How does DNA carry information?
2. Which of the following is the best definition of phages?
3. What did Crick help to make when he worked for the government at the beginning of World War II?
4. Which of the following is the best definition of the term abated?
5. How did Pauling discover his ?-helix structure?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)