|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who first excited Watson about using x-rays to study DNA?
2. Which of the following did Crick lack when it came to the type of research needed for a PhD thesis?
3. Which of the following events interrupted Crick's interest in DNA?
(a) Personal health issue
(c) Conflict in the lab
(d) Death in his family
4. Which of the following people wrote the forward?
(a) Max Perutz
(b) Francis Crick
(c) James Watson
(d) Sir Lawrence Bragg
5. Which of the following characters did Crick discuss his problems with the helix theory with?
(d) Sir Lawrence
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did the author meet Crick?
2. Which of the following was a new idea about the life of a scientist to Watson at the end of chapter five?
3. Which of the following does NOT describe Pauling as seen through Watson's eyes?
4. What fantasy did Watson have for how he would become involved in his work?
5. What is crystallography?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)