|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What began to interest Crick after his argument with Sir Lawrence?
(a) X-rays of crystallized DNA molecules
(b) Proton Order and diffraction
(d) Diffraction of X-rays by helical molecules
2. Where did Watson and Francis go for the weekend after Rosy's lecture?
3. Which of the following subjects did Watson avoid during his graduate work?
4. What fantasy did Watson have for how he would become involved in his work?
(a) Watson would transfer his postgraduate fellowship to Wilkins
(b) Watson would show Wilkins his crystallized images
(c) Watson would develop a new biochemistry technique
(d) Wilkins would become his sister's suitor
5. How does DNA carry information?
(a) Multiple types of nucleotides
(b) Structure of DNA
(c) Order of the nucleotides
(d) Binding of the nucleotides
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Watson kicked out of his rooming house?
2. Which of the following is the best definition of the term abated?
3. What was Watson's main scientific interest?
4. In what year did the author meet Crick?
5. How did Watson think that most of the scientific community felt about DNA?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)