|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Watson kicked out of his rooming house?
(a) For inviting friends to come and stay with him
(b) For not paying the rent
(c) For making too much noise during the day
(d) For making noise at night and going out after 10:00 pm
2. Which of the following did Crick lack when it came to the type of research needed for a PhD thesis?
3. What began to interest Crick after his argument with Sir Lawrence?
(a) Proton Order and diffraction
(b) X-rays of crystallized DNA molecules
(c) Diffraction of X-rays by helical molecules
4. Which of the following words best describes Maurice as a scientist?
5. Which of the following events interrupted Crick's interest in DNA?
(a) Conflict in the lab
(b) Personal health issue
(c) Death in his family
Short Answer Questions
1. About how long did Crick think it would take he and Watson to narrow down the number of possible DNA structures?
2. Where did Watson and Francis go for the weekend after Rosy's lecture?
3. Which of the following is Watson's interest?
4. Which of the following best describes how Watson responded to Pauling's journal articles?
5. What arrangement was did Watson work out with Markham?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)