|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters did Crick discuss his problems with the helix theory with?
(a) Sir Lawrence
2. What did Crick and Watson have in common?
(a) Enthusiasm for DNA
(b) Knowledge of crystallography
(c) Protein structure knowledge
(d) Same amount of siblings
3. Which of the following words best describes Maurice as a scientist?
4. Which of the following characters wrote a paper describing his idea for the helix theory?
(c) Sir Lawrence
5. Which of the following terms describes how Watson felt about working at the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge?
(a) Hated it
(b) Liked it
(c) Disliked it
(d) Love it
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition of phages?
2. Which of the following is the best synonym for assuaged as it is used in the following sentence? Watson's conscious was somewhat assuaged, when Herman revealed that he was going through a divorce.
3. On what topic was Rosy's talk?
4. How many types of nucleotides are in DNA?
5. What was Watson's main scientific interest?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)