|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following events interrupted Crick's interest in DNA?
(b) Conflict in the lab
(c) Death in his family
(d) Personal health issue
2. Where did the Fellowship Board indicate Watson could transfer?
(a) Crystallography lab in Cambridge
(b) Cell physiology lab in Stockholm
(c) Biochemistry with Markham
(d) Crystallography in Stockhom
3. Which of the following is the best synonym for assuaged as it is used in the following sentence?
Watson's conscious was somewhat assuaged, when Herman revealed that he was going through a divorce.
4. Which of the following is the best term for chains of nucleotides?
(a) Seminucleotide chains
(b) Multinucleotide chains
(c) Polynucleotide chains
(d) Patterned nucleotide chains
5. Which of the following is Watson's interest?
(a) What is a gene?
(b) How does DNA crystallize?
(c) What are the crystallized images?
(d) Where is DNA stored?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition for relations as used in the following sentence: His biggest problem, though, was relations with Rosy, and he had to consider firing her.
2. Which of the following people was the solution to Watson being able to study crystallography?
3. Which of the following is the best definition of phages?
4. Which of the following subjects did Watson avoid during his graduate work?
5. Which of the following had Pauling partially solved?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)