|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Wilkin's x-rays show?
(a) Biological proof that DNA existed
(b) Bone degradation
(c) Crystallized DNA
(d) Crystals taken from a mine
2. With whom did Watson want to work in Cambridge?
(a) Sir Lawrence Bragg
(b) Linus Pauling
(c) Maurice Wilkins
(d) Roy Markahm
3. Who first excited Watson about using x-rays to study DNA?
4. Which of the following is the best definition of the term abated?
(c) Fell off
5. Which of the following was NOT a reason that Watson was disheartened with Naples?
(a) Biochemistry was still uninteresting
(b) There was no heating
(c) Weather was cold
(d) He knew no one there
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following terms best describes how Watson felt about chemistry BEFORE meeting Wilkins?
2. Where did Watson and Francis go for the weekend after Rosy's lecture?
3. Which of the following is the best synonym for assuaged as it is used in the following sentence? Watson's conscious was somewhat assuaged, when Herman revealed that he was going through a divorce.
4. What arrangement was did Watson work out with Markham?
5. Which of the following people was the solution to Watson being able to study crystallography?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)