|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following terms describes how Watson felt about working at the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge?
(a) Liked it
(b) Hated it
(c) Love it
(d) Disliked it
2. Which of the following had happened which affected Watson's ability to relocate during his fellowship?
(a) Transfers were not allowed under his fellowship agreement
(b) A new chairman was named
(c) The person he wanted to switch to work with rejected his plan
(d) His fellowship had run out of money
3. Which of the following does NOT describe Pauling as seen through Watson's eyes?
(a) Dynamic speaker
(d) Poor writer
4. In what year did the author meet Crick?
5. Which of the following subjects was Herman uninterested in?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Fellowship Board indicate Watson could transfer?
2. Which of the following is Watson's interest?
3. Which of the following characters wrote a paper describing his idea for the helix theory?
4. What is crystallography?
5. Which of the following is the best synonym for assuaged as it is used in the following sentence? Watson's conscious was somewhat assuaged, when Herman revealed that he was going through a divorce.
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)