|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Crick and Watson have in common?
(a) Enthusiasm for DNA
(b) Knowledge of crystallography
(c) Protein structure knowledge
(d) Same amount of siblings
2. What began to interest Crick after his argument with Sir Lawrence?
(b) Proton Order and diffraction
(c) X-rays of crystallized DNA molecules
(d) Diffraction of X-rays by helical molecules
3. Which of the following is the best definition of phages?
(a) Bacteria which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
(c) Viruses which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
(d) Germs which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
4. Which of the following did Crick lack when it came to the type of research needed for a PhD thesis?
5. Which of the following best describes this type of novel?
(a) Unauthorized biography
(b) Unauthorized autobiography
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Watson neglected to do at Rosy's lecture?
2. At what university were both Crick and the author working in the opening chapter?
3. Where did the Fellowship Board indicate Watson could transfer?
4. What happens when Watson is uninterested and unexcited?
5. Which of the following characters was already working on the problem of DNA in London with Crick?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)