|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did the author meet Crick?
2. In what language were many of the lectures given that Watson attended?
3. Which of the following is the best definition of phages?
(b) Germs which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
(c) Viruses which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
(d) Bacteria which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
4. Which of the following subjects did Watson avoid during his graduate work?
5. Which of the following events interrupted Crick's interest in DNA?
(a) Conflict in the lab
(c) Personal health issue
(d) Death in his family
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters was on the edge of being fired?
2. How many people does the preface indicate were involved in the discovery of the structure of DNA?
3. What is the purpose of the preface in this text?
4. How did Watson think that most of the scientific community felt about DNA?
5. Which of the following characters wrote a paper describing his idea for the helix theory?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)