|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Watson kicked out of his rooming house?
(a) For making noise at night and going out after 10:00 pm
(b) For inviting friends to come and stay with him
(c) For making too much noise during the day
(d) For not paying the rent
2. Which of the following is the best definition of the term abated?
(d) Fell off
3. What did Wilkin's x-rays show?
(a) Crystals taken from a mine
(b) Biological proof that DNA existed
(c) Crystallized DNA
(d) Bone degradation
4. Which of the following terms best describes how Watson felt about chemistry BEFORE meeting Wilkins?
5. Which of the following is the best synonym for pall as used in the following sentence:
Rosy's attitude left a pall on the evening.
(c) Dark cloud
(d) Go sour
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did Crick lack when it came to the type of research needed for a PhD thesis?
2. Which of the following characters was already working on the problem of DNA in London with Crick?
3. Which of the following best describes how Watson responded to Pauling's journal articles?
4. Which of the following characters was on the edge of being fired?
5. Which of the following characters did Crick discuss his problems with the helix theory with?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)