|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following did Crick lack when it came to the type of research needed for a PhD thesis?
2. Which of the following had Pauling partially solved?
(a) Structure of proteins
(b) Picture of crystallized DNA
(c) Crystallized helix poliomyelitis
3. How many types of nucleotides are in DNA?
4. Which of the following terms best describes how Watson felt about chemistry BEFORE meeting Wilkins?
5. What could be used to rule out some false starts of potential DNA structures?
(a) X-ray pictures of DNA crystals
(b) 3-dimensional figures of DNA
(c) Binding agents
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom did Watson want to work in Cambridge?
2. Which of the following subjects did Watson avoid during his graduate work?
3. Which of the following characters did Crick discuss his problems with the helix theory with?
4. Which of the following people was the solution to Watson being able to study crystallography?
5. Which of the following is the best term for chains of nucleotides?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)