|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Cochran and Crick explain X-ray diffraction by helical molecules?
(c) Detailed drawings
2. What did Crick and Watson have in common?
(a) Protein structure knowledge
(b) Knowledge of crystallography
(c) Same amount of siblings
(d) Enthusiasm for DNA
3. What did Wilkin's x-rays show?
(a) Bone degradation
(b) Crystals taken from a mine
(c) Biological proof that DNA existed
(d) Crystallized DNA
4. Where did the Fellowship Board indicate Watson could transfer?
(a) Biochemistry with Markham
(b) Cell physiology lab in Stockholm
(c) Crystallography in Stockhom
(d) Crystallography lab in Cambridge
5. Which of the following best describes how Watson responded to Pauling's journal articles?
(a) Watson disagreed with Pauling's articles
(b) Watson despised Pauling's articles
(c) Watson was jealous of Pauling
(d) They were over Watson's head
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition of phages?
2. On what topic had Bragg, Kendrew and Perutz published a paper?
3. About how long did Crick think it would take he and Watson to narrow down the number of possible DNA structures?
4. Why was Watson kicked out of his rooming house?
5. Which of the following had happened which affected Watson's ability to relocate during his fellowship?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)