|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Watson neglected to do at Rosy's lecture?
(a) Take notes
(b) Gather her samples for them to review themselves
(c) Ask more questions of her
(d) Thank her for her time
2. On what topic was Rosy's talk?
(a) X-ray diffraction of crystallographic molecules
(b) X-ray crystallographic research into helical molecules
(c) Crystallographic research into DNA
(d) X-ray diffraction by helical molecules
3. What is crystallography?
(a) Field responsible for creating X-rays of crystals
(b) Field responsible for making crystals
(c) Field responsible for breaking apart crystallized proteins
(d) Field responsible for crystallizing proteins
4. On what topic had Bragg, Kendrew and Perutz published a paper?
(a) Polypeptide chains
(b) Helical molecules
(c) Crystallographic chains
(d) Insulin dependent molecules
5. Whose ideas did Rosy's research ignore?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following subjects was Herman uninterested in?
2. How did Pauling discover his ?-helix structure?
3. Which of the following was NOT a reason that Watson was disheartened with Naples?
4. Which of the following characters did Crick discuss his problems with the helix theory with?
5. Which of the following terms describes how Watson felt about working at the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)