|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes this type of novel?
(a) Unauthorized autobiography
(b) Unauthorized biography
2. What is the purpose of the preface in this text?
(a) To define what type of book it is
(b) To introduce the characters
(c) To outline the main events of the book
(d) To set the purpose and scope
3. Why was Watson kicked out of his rooming house?
(a) For making noise at night and going out after 10:00 pm
(b) For making too much noise during the day
(c) For not paying the rent
(d) For inviting friends to come and stay with him
4. Which of the following did Odile NOT prefer?
(d) The Times
5. What arrangement was did Watson work out with Markham?
(a) To help him convince his Fellowship committee to allow him to relocate to Cambridge
(b) To pretend to work with him
(c) To move to Cambridge
(d) To address his need to study crystallography
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Crick and Watson have in common?
2. Why did Watson and Crick purchase a copy of Pauling's book on chemical bonding?
3. On what topic had Bragg, Kendrew and Perutz published a paper?
4. About how long did Crick think it would take he and Watson to narrow down the number of possible DNA structures?
5. Why do you think Watson told the fellowship committee that his only real interest was crystallography?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)