|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Watson think that most of the scientific community felt about DNA?
(a) It was already solved
(b) It was an ongoing project for most of them
(c) It was the next great breakthrough
(d) It was unimportant
2. Which of the following terms describes how Watson felt about working at the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge?
(a) Love it
(b) Hated it
(c) Disliked it
(d) Liked it
3. On what topic had Bragg, Kendrew and Perutz published a paper?
(a) Insulin dependent molecules
(b) Crystallographic chains
(c) Helical molecules
(d) Polypeptide chains
4. Which of the following terms best describes the human dilemma of deciding to work against your colleague or behind their back?
5. At what university were both Crick and the author working in the opening chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the preface in this text?
2. Which of the following subjects did Watson avoid during his graduate work?
3. Which of the following subjects was Herman uninterested in?
4. Which of the following terms best describes how Watson felt about chemistry BEFORE meeting Wilkins?
5. What did Wilkin's x-rays show?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)