|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following did Crick lack when it came to the type of research needed for a PhD thesis?
2. Which of the following best describes how Watson responded to Pauling's journal articles?
(a) They were over Watson's head
(b) Watson despised Pauling's articles
(c) Watson disagreed with Pauling's articles
(d) Watson was jealous of Pauling
3. Which of the following terms describes how Watson felt about working at the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge?
(a) Liked it
(b) Hated it
(c) Love it
(d) Disliked it
4. Which of the following was a new idea about the life of a scientist to Watson at the end of chapter five?
(a) Personality conflicts
(b) Structure of DNA
(c) Intellectual life
(d) Social life
5. Which of the following terms best describes the human dilemma of deciding to work against your colleague or behind their back?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did the author meet Crick?
2. Why do you think Watson told the fellowship committee that his only real interest was crystallography?
3. Who first excited Watson about using x-rays to study DNA?
4. Which of the following words best describes Maurice as a scientist?
5. What could be used to rule out some false starts of potential DNA structures?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)