|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Maurice feel after hearing Rosy's presentation?
2. Which of the following terms best describes how Watson felt about chemistry BEFORE meeting Wilkins?
3. At what university were both Crick and the author working in the opening chapter?
4. Which of the following did Crick lack when it came to the type of research needed for a PhD thesis?
5. What is the purpose of the preface in this text?
(a) To define what type of book it is
(b) To introduce the characters
(c) To outline the main events of the book
(d) To set the purpose and scope
Short Answer Questions
1. What began to interest Crick after his argument with Sir Lawrence?
2. Why was Watson kicked out of his rooming house?
3. How did Cochran and Crick explain X-ray diffraction by helical molecules?
4. Which of the following terms best describes the human dilemma of deciding to work against your colleague or behind their back?
5. How did Pauling discover his ?-helix structure?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)