Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had the Cavendish lab recently discovered?
(a) The structure of DNA
(b) A new kind of X-ray tube
(c) The structure of RNA
(d) A model of DNA and RNA
2. Which of the following did Watson and Crick add to the models which already existed within the Cambridge lab?
(a) Copper wire
(b) Tin wire
(c) Aluminum wire
(d) Steel wire
3. Which two components of DNA did Chargaff find had the same number of molecules?
(a) guanine and adenine
(b) guanine and thymine
(c) adenine and thymine
(d) cytosine and thymine
4. What does Watson hope to learn more about as he studies TMV?
5. While Watson was assembling pieces of the model, Crick was doing what?
(a) Reviewing X-ray images
(b) Making his own models
(c) Reading from Pauling's book
(d) Adding wire to the existent models
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Watson compare Crick to when talking to Delbruck?
2. Which of the following characters was on the edge of being fired?
3. What happened to Watson's fellowship?
4. How did Maurice respond to all of the arguments that went into constructing the DNA model?
5. Why did Watson and Crick purchase a copy of Pauling's book on chemical bonding?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)