|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the end of chapter twelve, how many chains had Watson and Crick determined would fit with the X-ray images?
2. Which of the following did Crick lack when it came to the type of research needed for a PhD thesis?
3. Where were Maurice and Rosy from?
(a) King's College
(b) Stockholm College
(c) Copenhagen University
(d) Cambridge Lab
4. What had Watson neglected to do at Rosy's lecture?
(a) Ask more questions of her
(b) Thank her for her time
(c) Take notes
(d) Gather her samples for them to review themselves
5. Whose work did Crick believe was a key to understanding DNA?
(a) Chargraff's work
(b) Watson's work
(c) Pauling's work
(d) Rosy's work
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes how Watson and Crick felt after Rosy and Maurice left?
2. What was Watson's main scientific interest?
3. Which of the following is the best synonym for pall as used in the following sentence: Rosy's attitude left a pall on the evening.
4. When would Watson go to Cal-Tech?
5. Why couldn't Sir Lawrence remove Crick from the lab?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)